• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

I spent a lot of Light's Blessings on the maps. I didn't have the patience to solve them or do them...

I'm not a fan of the Developer's Maps because the difficulty is just poor. At times, it feels too hard to accomplish...

I gave up on trying to get L'Arachel after a random Lukas ruined my pity rate, and so I turned my attention to the Hero Fest banner in hopes of getting another Ike to give Steady Breath to Tiki. Not much luck there either, all I got was a random -Atk Shiro from a session that had no green orb. I guess he can be an inferior Lukas 2.0 or something.
Well... at least Shiro is free Steady Stance / Def Tactic fodder.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in FE: Heroes news, Radiant Ike is currently leading the Hero Rises poll:

Not gonna lie, but I feel rather bummed about that. I wouldn't mind a free Radiant Ike, but I was hoping Hector would be leading instead (and hopefully eventually win it). I REALLY need another Hector so that I can finally give my Winter Chrom the Distant Counter that he really needs.

And yes, as you probably guessed, I've been voting Hector in that poll for the past few days.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well... at least Shiro is free Steady Stance / Def Tactic fodder.
Yeah, both those skills are quite good, so there's at least that. In fact, Steady Stance would be really good for Lukas, he'd look pretty sharp with it along with the new merge.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, Vangaurd Ike was pretty much garunteed to win. IS even encouraged us to vote for him. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'd rather have Hector as well, but a free V!Ike is by no means an underwhelming reward.

On a different note, I finally pulled another Myrrh! +Attack/-Speed this time, the exact opposite of my previous Myrrh. I dumped a ludicrous amount of orbs into that banner fkr her - probably at least 200 in total - but its still totally worth it IMO.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
It's time.

Chapter 14
I have nothing to say about this one.

Chapter 15
I have a lot to say about this one.

So I think this is a decent place to discuss this game's support system. Instead of gaining points when two units enter a fight in close proximity to each other, this game gives units one point for every chapter they are in together. It's completely understandable why most Fire Emblem games use the former system, as it gives a better feeling of two units becoming closer by helping each other in battle. In games like Awakening, it's also somewhat inevitable given that you have Side Stories to deal with. That said, I prefer the Path of Radiance method.

Take Ike & Soren's support set for example. That support is paced so that they are linked to story progression. If you take them on every chapter, then you'll unlock their B-support next chapter. Soren is unusually nervous at the start of chapter 15, which leads straight into their B-support where Soren opens up about his childhood to Ike. It helps alleviate the issue more unlimited supports have where they can end up feeling rushed and underdeveloped.

I also like how the precise benefits vary depending on a character's nature, as it makes each pairing feel a little more unique. In my opinion, the system also feels a bit more natural and allows for diversity in strategy as you don't need to keep certain units next to each other. I am aware of the limitations it has though. The 5 conversation limit still feels arbitrary as all it does is restrict the player from trying out all the support combos; even worse is that there isn't a support gallery in this game. Overall though, I'd be good with another Fire Emblem game trying this system out again.

And yes, I will talk about Ike and Soren's relationship in-depth later.

Gameplay wise, it's a desert map against Laguz who have a resistance to the movement penalty. Desert maps aren't too popular, though this map's pretty simple as it's more about tanking incoming attacks rather than going out and attacking yourself.

Why do magic units have no movement penalty over the desert? Do they just casually float over the sand?

Finally, praise Rhys and Miracle.

Chapter 16
Playing this chapter makes me wonder: Did Serenes Forest think about why they decided to name the site after a burned down forest that was the site of attempted genocide?

The past two chapters are dedicated to further exploring Begnion's society, and I'm running out of ways to describe how much I love this kind of world-building. Some people don't like this game's story because it's core theme of exploring racism isn't very subtle. But I think it works because the world presented to us is fully believable and fleshed out as a fantasy mirror of our own.

This map's another basic one without much to talk about. Also, I'm beginning to get the feeling that this game is getting easier, possibly because I'm out of mid-game hell. We'll see if I'm tempting fate or not next time.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Someone on SerenesForest organized the Echoes characters in the CYL2 for the males and females based on their ranking from that poll. This is the closest to an official Echoes popularity poll, something that has been oddly absent compared to past games.

Male character popularity rankings:

1) Alm
2) Kliff
3) Lukas
4) Conrad
5) Python
6) Luthier
7) Zeke
8) Leon
9) Forsyth
10) Saber
11) Valbar
12) Gray
13) Boey
14) Kamui
15) Atlas
16) Tobin
17) Deen
18) Mycen
19) Clive
20) Jesse
21) Nomah

Female character popularity rankings:

1) Celica
2) Delthea
3) Faye
4) Genny
5) Silque
6) Sonya
7) Mae
8) Catria
9) Clair
10) Tatiana
11) Palla
12) Mathilda
13) Est

Keep in mind this is only the playable characters that are accounted. Villains and NPCs are not included. However, if Berkut and Rinea were put in these rankings, they'd both be 3rd for the male and female rankings. Meanwhile Fernand managed to place between Gray and Boey.

So, any thoughts on this? Any character placements that surprised you? Any that you're glad to see high? Any that you feel the opposite towards?

For me, I'm quite quite happy to see two of my favorites, Conrad and Python, ranked very high compared to the other males, especially the latter since most often complain about how lackluster Python is as a unit. With their higher rankings compared to the other male Echoes characters, I'm hoping we'll see both characters in a future banner. Some characters that I wish were higher are Tobin, Gray, Boey, and Forsyth.

As for the females, I feel unsettled that Faye managed to score this high. Apparently, part of the reason for Faye's ranking is because of how popular is in Japan. In addition, characters with crushes or some kind of attraction to the main character tend to be popular from their series (just look at Tharja and Camilla from their respective games, Hinata from Naruto, Rem from Re:Zero, etc.). On the bright side, I'm glad to see best wing sister Catria win out on top compared to her other sisters. Now, if only Catria scored a bit higher.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Honestly, Vangaurd Ike was pretty much garunteed to win. IS even encouraged us to vote for him. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'd rather have Hector as well, but a free V!Ike is by no means an underwhelming reward.

On a different note, I finally pulled another Myrrh! +Attack/-Speed this time, the exact opposite of my previous Myrrh. I dumped a ludicrous amount of orbs into that banner fkr her - probably at least 200 in total - but its still totally worth it IMO.
Nice! That's one of the ideal natures, with the other being +Def/-Spd! It's great that those orbs finally paid off for you!

It's time.

Chapter 14
I have nothing to say about this one.

Chapter 15
I have a lot to say about this one.

So I think this is a decent place to discuss this game's support system. Instead of gaining points when two units enter a fight in close proximity to each other, this game gives units one point for every chapter they are in together. It's completely understandable why most Fire Emblem games use the former system, as it gives a better feeling of two units becoming closer by helping each other in battle. In games like Awakening, it's also somewhat inevitable given that you have Side Stories to deal with. That said, I prefer the Path of Radiance method.

Take Ike & Soren's support set for example. That support is paced so that they are linked to story progression. If you take them on every chapter, then you'll unlock their B-support next chapter. Soren is unusually nervous at the start of chapter 15, which leads straight into their B-support where Soren opens up about his childhood to Ike. It helps alleviate the issue more unlimited supports have where they can end up feeling rushed and underdeveloped.

I also like how the precise benefits vary depending on a character's nature, as it makes each pairing feel a little more unique. In my opinion, the system also feels a bit more natural and allows for diversity in strategy as you don't need to keep certain units next to each other. I am aware of the limitations it has though. The 5 conversation limit still feels arbitrary as all it does is restrict the player from trying out all the support combos; even worse is that there isn't a support gallery in this game. Overall though, I'd be good with another Fire Emblem game trying this system out again.

And yes, I will talk about Ike and Soren's relationship in-depth later.

Gameplay wise, it's a desert map against Laguz who have a resistance to the movement penalty. Desert maps aren't too popular, though this map's pretty simple as it's more about tanking incoming attacks rather than going out and attacking yourself.

Why do magic units have no movement penalty over the desert? Do they just casually float over the sand?

Finally, praise Rhys and Miracle.

Chapter 16
Playing this chapter makes me wonder: Did Serenes Forest think about why they decided to name the site after a burned down forest that was the site of attempted genocide?

The past two chapters are dedicated to further exploring Begnion's society, and I'm running out of ways to describe how much I love this kind of world-building. Some people don't like this game's story because it's core theme of exploring racism isn't very subtle. But I think it works because the world presented to us is fully believable and fleshed out as a fantasy mirror of our own.

This map's another basic one without much to talk about. Also, I'm beginning to get the feeling that this game is getting easier, possibly because I'm out of mid-game hell. We'll see if I'm tempting fate or not next time.
I liked the Tellius story the best out of any of the Fire Emblem games that I've played. And, as for the mages and sand, I think the reason is because they're not weighed down by heavy weapons or armor. I believe that's the reason the series gives, at any rate. Or maybe they float, who knows!

Someone on SerenesForest organized the Echoes characters in the CYL2 for the males and females based on their ranking from that poll. This is the closest to an official Echoes popularity poll, something that has been oddly absent compared to past games.

1) Alm
2) Kliff
3) Lukas
4) Conrad
5) Python
6) Luthier
7) Zeke
8) Leon
9) Forsyth
10) Saber
11) Valbar
12) Gray
13) Boey
14) Kamui
15) Atlas
16) Tobin
17) Deen
18) Mycen
19) Clive
20) Jesse
21) Nomah

1) Celica
2) Delthea
3) Faye
4) Genny
5) Silque
6) Sonya
7) Mae
8) Catria
9) Clair
10) Tatiana
11) Palla
12) Mathilda
13) Est

Keep in mind this is only the playable characters that are accounted. Villains and NPCs are not included. However, if Berkut and Rinea were put in these rankings, they'd both be 3rd for the male and female rankings. Meanwhile Fernand managed to place between Gray and Boey.

So, any thoughts on this? Any character placements that surprised you? Any that you're glad to see high? Any that you feel the opposite towards?

For me, I'm quite quite happy to see two of my favorites, Conrad and Python, ranked very high compared to the other males, especially the latter since most often complain about how lackluster Python is as a unit. With their higher rankings compared to the other male Echoes characters, I'm hoping we'll see both characters in a future banner. Some characters that I wish were higher are Tobin, Gray, Boey, and Forsyth.

As for the females, I feel unsettled that Faye managed to score this high. Apparently, part of the reason for Faye's ranking is because of how popular is in Japan. In addition, characters with crushes or some kind of attraction to the main character tend to be popular from their series (just look at Tharja and Camilla from their respective games, Hinata from Naruto, Rem from Re:Zero, etc.). On the bright side, I'm glad to see best wing sister Catria win out on top compared to her other sisters. Now, if only Catria scored a bit higher.
I'm glad Lukas scored so well, he was my favorite male character in the game. Celica and Alm winning out was to be expected; however, I'm surprised that Celica took #1 out of all the females.

I don't mind Faye scoring well, I liked her well enough. But Rinea? She didn't really do anything! I guess there was the dance scene, but she didn't really have much screen time beyond that.

For some reason, a lot of the characters I tend to like end up low on popularity lists. Oh well, I'm used to it by now! I like the Whitewings, Mathilda, and Clair more than the characters in the top half of the list. I liked Clive too, and he's near the bottom. And Est is my favorite of the Whitewing sisters, so naturally she is ranked dead last! And was on the last page of all the CYL rankings. So it goes.

D

Deleted member

I did some summoning last night on both the Sacred Memories and Hero Fest 3 banners.
On the Sacred Memories banner, I managed to get the new Eirika! She is +HP/-Def. They aren't the best IVs, but having more HP will increase her survivability to get into the Desperation range. Hero Fest 3 didn't yield me much... I want a Brave Ike for my Nowi and give her Steady Breath (I could also give her Warding Breath if RD Ike is free, but I am tempted to merge him).

In other news...
The next seasonal banner has been teased and people speculate it's Roy and Lilina. I am not a fan of either character, but I hope this is the case. FE games other than Fates and Awakening deserve some love!

Some people don't like this game's story because it's core theme of exploring racism isn't very subtle. But I think it works because the world presented to us is fully believable and fleshed out as a fantasy mirror of our own.
I think the story is fine the way it is and I think it's the best in the FE series. It has more political themes attached to it, such as racism, prejudice, and poverty and Ike being the lead character is perfect since he represents the common man. I felt like the world of Tellius, at least in PoR, is a very believable world with believable characters.

Also, I'm beginning to get the feeling that this game is getting easier, possibly because I'm out of mid-game hell. We'll see if I'm tempting fate or not next time.
Well the next Chapter is one of the most infamous ones, Day Breaks. It's a 4 part Chapter and each part has different objectives.
After that the game gets slightly easier when Ike gets promoted to a Lord.

Nah

Smash Champion
There's a base info conversation in PoR that half-jokingly gives a reason as to why mages aren't affected by desert movement penalties:

Though Sigrun mentions that her "source" (I'm still not sure who she's talking about tbh) may not be the most reliable and questions how much of it is the truth.

Also can they please reveal the new (probably Valentine's Day) characters so I can know if I should blow the rest of my orbs on trying to roll for BH Ike some more on the Hero Fest banner or not

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

1) Alm
2) Kliff
3) Lukas
4) Conrad
5) Python
6) Luthier
7) Zeke
8) Leon
9) Forsyth
10) Saber
11) Valbar
12) Gray
13) Boey
14) Kamui
15) Atlas
16) Tobin
17) Deen
18) Mycen
19) Clive
20) Jesse
21) Nomah

1) Celica
2) Delthea
3) Faye
4) Genny
5) Silque
6) Sonya
7) Mae
8) Catria
9) Clair
10) Tatiana
11) Palla
12) Mathilda
13) Est

I'm surprised to see Faye at number 3 for the females but it does make sense if you consider her Japanese popularity. Still though, i do maintain my belief that Faye isn't as bad as she seems so we take those. Really surprised to see Gray and Tobin below Kliff, seeing as how Gray and Tobin seemed to be the more popular ones.

The next seasonal banner has been teased and people speculate it's Roy and Lilina.
If it's a Valentine's Banner (which it totally is), it definitely makes sense for Roy and Lilina to be there. It's one of the most obvious ships in the series.

Also, please let there be Marth and Caeda. Aside from the original FE romance, Marth needs something. Just give him something already, please.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129

1) Alm
2) Kliff
3) Lukas
4) Conrad
5) Python
6) Luthier
7) Zeke
8) Leon
9) Forsyth
10) Saber
11) Valbar
12) Gray
13) Boey
14) Kamui
15) Atlas
16) Tobin
17) Deen
18) Mycen
19) Clive
20) Jesse
21) Nomah

1) Celica
2) Delthea
3) Faye
4) Genny
5) Silque
6) Sonya
7) Mae
8) Catria
9) Clair
10) Tatiana
11) Palla
12) Mathilda
13) Est

Not a fan of either of the protagonists, especially Alm, but main characters tend to score the highest in their respective games so I'm not surprised there. I'm happy Delthea is second for females.

Not really sure where all the love for Rinea comes from, she really doesn't do anything in Shadows of Valentia. She reminds me of Lilith, except Rinea gets much more love by comparison despite doing arguably less.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The plot twist with Rinea at the end of Echoes was awesome and really left an impact, unlike the random and kind of stupid plot twists that happened to poor Lilith in Conquest and Birthright. I could see why people voted for her.
I'm surprised to see Faye at number 3 for the females but it does make sense if you consider her Japanese popularity. Still though, i do maintain my belief that Faye isn't as bad as she seems so we take those. Really surprised to see Gray and Tobin below Kliff, seeing as how Gray and Tobin seemed to be the more popular ones.
There's a chance a lot of people voted Kliff just because he was the only Ram kid not in the game. It's probably also the reason Leif scored so high compared to the first round, as he was the only lord not yet in.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Valentine's Banner leaked

Lack of Ninian triggers me. I need Lilina though. I'll have a higher chance getting her than getting an actual date.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So it's not all Fates/Awakening characters dressed in generic pink costumes? That's actually really surprising. I'm probably going to skip this banner anyway though.

Also, do I count five characters? It's been a long time since we've had a five-character banner, so there's a decent chance one of these characters will be given out for free. But who, though?

Edit: So the new prf weapons all need weapon refinery to get their full effects. That's really nice, but yikes, that's a lot of divine dew for one update. Here's to hoping those refinery quests coming up soon are really generous.

Another edit: The trailer is live!
I'm liking the art the more I look at it. Maybe I will pull change my mind and pull from this banner. I do have almost no self control when it comes to orbs, after all.
Eliwood is also confirmed to be a Tempest Trial reward!

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
The new artwork looks fantastic! I'm especially glad that Eliwood finally has some artwork that looks good. His regular Heroes art is just... well, you've all seen it, you know. So it's good that he's getting an alt, a strong one, and one we get for free too.

Some of the weapon upgrades are really nice too. They gave Alm Double Lion if he's at 100% HP, and Lucina can now be a Spur goddess, giving +4 to every stat via spur.

Caeda got the Wing Sword (she should have had the Wing Spear right from the start), and Felicia got her plate. I'm going to have to promote a Felicia to get her plate--I'm glad that I never promoted someone to give her a different weapon!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
So yo, I was browsing through the Fire Emblem Heroes subreddit for like cool art and ****, and then I saw this.

I suppose that's how the A Hero Rises results are going so far in Japan's side. It probably doesn't look surprising as expected but hey, nice to know who's in the top twenty. While it's nice to see who else made top 20, Ike being #1 is what matters to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The upgrades look fantastic, but I have to say that Alm has one of the better ones. It makes his Windsweep far more viable and he doesn't require a Brave Sword to make the most out of Windsweep. They basically made his Falchion a parallel to Celica's Ragnarok, which gives him a boost or aids his combat skills when he is at full health.
The other upgrades are nice but this one is the one I will upgrade first.

I just hope Hector gets Berserk Armads through weapon refinery. He does lose out on Quick Riposte 2, but he can still run that as a Sacred Seal... or he could go for Wary Fighter / Quick Riposte combo, assuming they won't fix that glitch or it wasn't one to begin with.

So yo, I was browsing through the Fire Emblem Heroes subreddit for like cool art and ****, and then I saw this.

I suppose that's how the A Hero Rises results are going so far in Japan's side. It probably doesn't look surprising as expected but hey, nice to know who's in the top twenty. While it's nice to see who else made top 20, Ike being #1 is what matters to me.

I'm fine with these results so far and I wouldn't mind any of the top 5.
RD Ike would be a merge for my current RD Ike, Hector will be free Distant Counter, Christmas Tharja will have Vengeful Fighter, I would like to have a neutral PA! Azura over my -Speed one, and Brave Ike is free Steady Breath.
I wouldn't want Lucina though. Nice to have a merge or Aether fodder, but I don't really want her.

Nah

Smash Champion
holy crap Felicia's Plate looks great

I know what I'm doin' with my feathers today

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So there's that new mode coming in March that only lets you use Legendary Heroes and Heroes with Blessings. I hear that the upcoming Fjorm quests will reward Blessings, which is great, otherwise, that new mode would've just been a big middle finger to F2P players.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That new mode next month sounds disappointing, even with free blessings. It sounds like the opposite of Arena Assault in that it will encourage you to use only your best units, as blessings are way too precious to waste on your pity-breaker Merric. I want more reasons to use my benchwarmers - I already use Amelia and the BK more then enough without any silly new game mode.
I just hope Hector gets Berserk Armads through weapon refinery. He does lose out on Quick Riposte 2, but he can still run that as a Sacred Seal... or he could go for Wary Fighter / Quick Riposte combo, assuming they won't fix that glitch or it wasn't one to begin with.
I'm actually pretty sure that's not a glitch because it just makes so much sense. One QR cancels out the Wary Fighter effect while the other has its regular effect. Besides, if it was a glitch, they probably would of fixed it already, or at the very least sent out a message alerting us of it.

Astellius

Smash Ace
holy crap Felicia's Plate looks great

I know what I'm doin' with my feathers today
Ikr? I immediately did this last night:

Felicia.png

Look Felicia, you finally have an Attack stat! Now, if only I had more Divine Dew.

The Divine Dew drought is real. So much I want to do with the Dew, but not nearly enough to go around.

D

Deleted member

I told myself that I wasn't going to summon on the Valentine's banner too much... but I did anyway. I have no Orbs left, but I don't regret my summoning session.
I managed to get Tana, Azura, Rhajat, Valentine's Lilina, Titania, Boey, Deirdre, and Valentine's Hector.
The Azura I just got has better IVs (this one is +Res/-HP and the other one was -Speed), Lilina is +Attack/-Speed, and Hector is +HP/-Res. Unfortunately a Tana with good IVs evades me again with her being -Attack. Rhajat was sacrificed to Xander for DD3, Titania was sacrificed to Felicia for Guard 3, and Deirdre was sacrificed to Xander for Quick Riposte 3.

...But wait! There's more!
I went on the movement banner afterwards to try my hand again at Tana. I didn't get her, but I got a +Attack/-Defense Ephraim and a +Speed/-Res Elincia.
In total, I got 10 5 stars this morning. Honestly... I've never been this lucky with my pulls.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With the first day of the new FE: Heroes banner, I've been trying to pull for the new-and-improved Hector. Sadly, no luck yet. Good thing I've got a month to pull him.

Looking back though, one day before the Sacred Memories banner ended, I finally got lucky with that banner by pulling its best unit:

A 5-star Myrrh! She has some really good IVs too: +Atk -Spd to be exact.

Now, if only I had Ninian, then I can go for a Dragon Emblem. For now, it seems that if I want Myrrh to shine at the moment, she could work in a Flier Emblem team: the other fliers I have that could work for it are Halloween Nowi, Tana, Minerva, and Michalis.

D

Deleted member

I have to say that the GHB Elite quests aren't worth it in my eyes. The rewards are great, no doubt about that, but it's asking a lot to beat the maps on Infernal with specific teams. For example, the Navarre map is not particularly good for Horse Emblem because of the trees.

Though I finally got around to beating Michalis's Infernal map and I did it with an Armor Emblem team consisting of Hector, Black Knight, Halloween Jakob, and Halloween Henry. Still, it's a very specific team with lots of Skill Inheritance and rare skills thrown in; Jakob has a Brave Bow, BK has Vengeful Fighter, and of course Henry has Armor March.
I wouldn't recommend these quests too much, unless you are feeling confident and have good teams / units for them.

I just hope that we will get more of these units beyond the GHB Elite quests.

EDIT:
With the first day of the new FE: Heroes banner, I've been trying to pull for the new-and-improved Hector. Sadly, no luck yet. Good thing I've got a month to pull him.

Looking back though, one day before the Sacred Memories banner ended, I finally got lucky with that banner by pulling its best unit:

A 5-star Myrrh! She has some really good IVs too: +Atk -Spd to be exact.

Now, if only I had Ninian, then I can go for a Dragon Emblem. For now, it seems that if I want Myrrh to shine at the moment, she could work in a Flier Emblem team: the other fliers I have that could work for it are Halloween Nowi, Tana, Minerva, and Michalis.
Pretty good IVs for Myrrh!
If you want my opinion, the standard set that I run is Great Breath, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury, Renewal, Fortify Fliers, and Quick Riposte SS. Her best set that takes advantage of those IVs involves Distant Counter and Quick Riposte... I would only recommend it if you have a spare Hector lying around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Smash Champion
It's kind of funny to me how a -Atk V!Hector hits 51 Atk with Berserk Armads equipped

That's as much as a +1 to +3 merge Black Knight lol

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Mission accomplished, only took me 14 Orbs. Now time to save up.

Also, completely unrelated but i finished Xenogears and if you want to know my thoughts about the game, it's right here.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm actually having a pretty good time with the infernal quests! I've cleared every one possible so far. The team restrictions make it more fun, imo, since it forces me to depend on benchwarmers I normally wouldn't. It's been a really long time since I've pulled out Zephiel. Of course, I'm also one of the lucky few who has access to armor march, so that might paint my perspective a bit. But also rember, there's a whole year to do these quests. That's a really long time to get and train new units capable of taking it on.

On a different note, I worked up the Divine Dew needed to buff a weapon and went strait for the Marth who pity broke me a while back. People are sleeping on Drive Skills, I tell you. Their utility is phenomenal, as Marth and Brave Lucy proved today in the Micky GHB.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Those Valentines units look phenomenal; the only thing stopping me from trying to summon them is that I'm not really familiar with the Elibe games. Maybe in the future.

As for mages over sand, I think I'll just accept 'magic' as an explanation. At least the game is self aware about it.

Also Ike, you closest friend and tactician is an overpowered mage who can kill everybody with basic tomes. Ask him.

Well the next Chapter is one of the most infamous ones, Day Breaks. It's a 4 part Chapter and each part has different objectives.
After that the game gets slightly easier when Ike gets promoted to a Lord.
Damnit

Chapter 17
I've finally discovered Mia's only weakness: The Killing Edge. She was not fast enough this time.

Remember when I complained that this game's visual style was dull? Serenes Forest is a location where that art style actually fits, since it reinforces the desolation and tragedy of the setting. It also heightens the contrast when Serenes Forest gets revived to its full glory, and if the rest of the game was a bit brighter that scene would work even better.

Xeno wasn't kidding either. This Chapter is long, taking me about 2 hours including resets. We get saves though, which is nice. I'll also admit that I enjoyed this chapter; the variety in objectives keeps it interesting and some of the parts are really intense in a good way.

Chapter over. Ike has accepted his fate as a green unit, and I've promoted Soren to hopefully an even more overpowered mage that can bash people over the head with staves. I was confused when Soren could still gain XP at Level 20, then found out that units automatically level up at 21 despite the existence of Master Seals, which is an odd design choice. We'll see how the Crimean Liberation Force does things next time.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I've done some pulling on the new banner, and no luck getting any of the focus characters (I was aiming only for Lyn, Hector, and Lilina). I especially want Lyn, since I have no armored mages yet. I was, however, graced with a +Res/-Spd Sonya. I remember spending a lot of orbs trying to pull her when she first came out, but to no avail back then. Glad she finally decided to join my ranks! She has a stat-line that's exactly the same as my Deirdre, except more Def & less Res.

As for the GHB quests, I've been enjoying them so far. Only the armor quests have been a little difficult for me, but part of that is surely due to me not really liking to use armor units, along with not having any ranged ones or 5* blues. Effie does pretty well as a 4*, however. It had also been awhile since my original Horse Emblem team of Cecilia, Reinhardt, Xander, and Camus had ridden together, so the reunion has been pretty fun. The quests are nice, but it looks like I'll be done with them with a year to spare. Lol.

The tap battle minigame is actually pretty fun too, on the difficult modes. Would be nice if they gave out at least some minimal rewards for doing well at the game. Oh well!

On a different note, I worked up the Divine Dew needed to buff a weapon and went strait for the Marth who pity broke me a while back. People are sleeping on Drive Skills, I tell you. Their utility is phenomenal, as Marth and Brave Lucy proved today in the Micky GHB.
I agree, the Drive skills are really good and underrated. I think they get somewhat overshadowed by the Goad/Ward skills for Emblem team. But both Marth and Brave Lucina have some of the strongest drive abilities in the game, even including Goad/Ward skills. I'm looking forward to more Drive Sacred Seals being released, especially Drive Spd, which will go on Lucina so that she will give that +9 boost to speed...!

Damnit

Chapter 17
I've finally discovered Mia's only weakness: The Killing Edge. She was not fast enough this time.
The RNG Goddess is the enemy of all, and we are nothing more than mere playthings upon the field of her whims and fancies. But Mia will hopefully be fast enough the next time!

Nah

Smash Champion

Got some interesting stuff coming up it seems

"New Power" is the name of a track from Fates, so maybe that's a Fates-based banner. But "new power" is also kind of vague enough that it's not necessarily that either.

We're even getting (er, well, a chance at getting) the final Legendary Hero at the end of the month, two sets of new characters back to back.....and whatever the ??? is, which makes me curious.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The "New Power" banner will probably be featuring Hinoka, Felicia, Raven and Caeda. They all just got buffed afterall, which would explain both the banner's timing and name. Besides, four characters, each a different color? They have to have a banner planned.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So we finally know what's at the the end of the 100th floor in that Tap Trials dungeon in FE: Heroes...

Image 1
Image 2

Yep, a hot spring scene. No extra set of orbs, jewels, feathers, or whatnot. Just this.

But I gotta say, Shiro jumping into the hot spring before everyone else fits his character 100%!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just pulled a -attack/+defense V!Roy. Not sure how I'm going to build him. A Brave Bow would be wasted on those IVs and a Guard Bow is too resource heavy, but those two weapons are the only real way to make up for his awful speed.

Also got a Rhajat in the same pull. I think you all know what I think of Tharja. Now I just need to decide who gets Distant Defense.

Oh, and I pulled a +Attack/-Defense 5* Clair yesterday, which would be awesome if I didn't have a Cordelia with the same IVs. And with no good SI fodder on her, I guess she's joining her big brother on the bench. Maybe I'll use her in Arena Assault one day. Maybe.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The Illusory Dungeon was pretty enjoyable, and it was quite funny how IS pranked us into thinking we would get some sort of reward at the end of it. Nope! Just a short scene where your characters hop into some hot springs. I was using the Whitewings, and they just jumped in, pegasi and all. Hopefully pegasi can breathe underwater....

The Infernal GHB with Xander was actually pretty hard, especially with my Cavalry and Armor teams. I managed to find a way with Cavalry, but wasn't able to do so with my armors. Narcian was also pretty tough with armors. Wary Fighter was definitely a necessity for me, and Amelia was probably the MVP. With Renewal, she was able to block up the corridor on the left and just tank things until they died.

As for summoning, I considered giving up on the banner and waiting to see who the next new heroes were, but then I saw that only LA characters are 40% bonus heroes for the TT, so I gave it another summon. And... I pulled a 4* L'Arachel (+Atk/-HP) and LA Hector (+Spd lol/-HP). Nice! And I thought I had missed out on L'Arachel when she spurned me on her banner!

The "New Power" banner will probably be featuring Hinoka, Felicia, Raven and Caeda. They all just got buffed afterall, which would explain both the banner's timing and name. Besides, four characters, each a different color? They have to have a banner planned.
Definitely. It's not a new hero banner, and there's a Falchion banner right after.

We're even getting (er, well, a chance at getting) the final Legendary Hero at the end of the month, two sets of new characters back to back.....and whatever the ??? is, which makes me curious.
Well, the fourth Legendary Hero at least, I'm sure there will be more. I'm thinking probably 12 (one for each stat boost, for every element), which is further reinforced by there being 12 heroes on the Legendary banners.

As for the ???... I think they might be releasing some of the enemy characters from the story. I'll offer the guess Bruno, since I think IS knows that Veronica would rake in the money were she to appear on a banner.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've been trying to summon Valentine's Hector this past week, and I still had no luck in getting him. Today ended up being more rough, where I didn't get green orbs showing up in my summoning sessions until I had about 10-5 orbs left, and by then, I couldn't pull all those green orbs.

But I did get this:

My first Delthea! Her IVs are +Atk -HP, which aren't too bad.

But with no Valentine's Hector as of now, I have to use Clarine as my TT bonus unit at this rate.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As for the ???... I think they might be releasing some of the enemy characters from the story. I'll offer the guess Bruno, since I think IS knows that Veronica would rake in the money were she to appear on a banner.
Nah, I bet they just want to keep it a surprise. After all, when Lyon's name was shown, it spoiled that the new banner would be Sacred Stones themed. Besides, they'd probably release those two as rewards for clearing atory chapters like they did with Fjorm. That'd make the most sense for them.

Oh, and as for Veronica, they've handed out popular characters for free before - just ask Xander, Joshua and the BK. That's what special and seasonal versions are for.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This night has made me REALLY happy!

I decided to give another go at the Valentine's Banner for FE: Heroes, and at one point, I was offered two green orbs in one summoning session. I go for the first one, and I got the unthinkable:

I FINALLY PULLED VALENTINE'S HECTOR!

My luck in this banner finally arrived! He was also blessed with some decent IVs: +Def -Res to be exact. You don't know how happy I was to finally get the new and improved Hector! I'm already off to work with grinding him up, giving him all the necessary skills. Good thing I got the new Tempest Trials to help with this process!

Now, depending on whether or not Hector wins that A Hero Rises poll, I'm probably going to sacrifice my old Hector to give Winter Chrom the Distant Counter he wanted for so long.

And Hector wasn't the only 5-star I pulled in that same summoning session:

Yep, his daughter arrived too! Take about an eventful family visit!

Unfortunately, the Valentine Lillina I got had some poor IVs: +Res -Spd to be exact. Seems like she'll be skill fodder for another unit.

Despite this, Hector perfectly makes up for the night!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I did some good stuff in Heroes today

Upgraded a 4-Star Reinhardt and then merged him with my main Reinhardt for that sweet +1 merge.

Then

She came home. I can make an Elibe couples team now (Valentine!Eliwood, Ninian, Brave!Roy, Valentine!Lilina).

And finally

Forged Hauteclere for that Wo Dao effect. Now it deals +10 more damage when Luna procs. Luna's got a cooldown of 2 because of Hauteclere's Killer effect. Michalis also has the Heavy Blade seal. With that atk stat of 50, Luna's gonna proc every other hit. I'm actually gonna give him Threaten Atk for his C-Slot to make it easier for Heavy Blade to activate. His speed is still slow but i don't care, i'm really proud of this build.

Unrelated but since i know we've got Xenoblade 2 fans here, i'm happy to share the full version of Drifting Soul: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380421804252069891/413816273617551370/Drifting_Souls.mp3
Now you can hear the song without the minor sound effects and also listen to the full version since every version of it on YouTube prior to today used the shortened version.

Top Bottom