• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
On that point, look at the bright side- imagine what else the game could possibly have if a scene like that is just the prologue?
ah well that is a good point :V maybe i'm just being pessimistic. some people aren't crazy about the story, but i can't say i play fire emblem for the story anyway, even though i usually enjoy them.

oh and welcome Benmjy Benmjy ! i understand why you might be on the fence about Fates...worst case scenario, you could wait until it's been out for a few months, see what the general consensus is, and maybe get it for a discounted price :U

oh yeah, it might be kind of fun if we put together an online Corrin-only tournament, kinda like Symphony of Scales, right? I have no idea how one would go about doing that though :U

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
As do I

Oh yeah that sounds good. Maybe not on day 1, but sometime would be nice.
oh yeah, day 1 might be a bit silly hehe. but it'd definitely be fun! i want to use Corrin exclusively in the first tournament that i go to after she releases and is legal. probably a bad idea, but a fun challenge anyway

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If the Cloud community made an effort to do so I think we can too. Hoping Final Round has Corrin legal so I can make a debut before going to Evo in the summer.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Very true. It's actually interesting because I feel like the video can actually push one towards either side, based on the events, or how characters act in general. I'm very conflicted myself. I'd like to go Conquest because I like the characters more, however I'm afraid it'd be too difficult for me. On the other hand, I heard Birthright is more story driven which I would enjoy, but something happens on this route, that I won't spoil, that I just don't like.
If you play on casual mode, I can't imagine it'd be too difficult. Afterall, most of FE's difficulty has traditionally come from keeping all your characters alive.

And even if you get frustrated or stuck, you can always change to it to Pheonix mode temporarily.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Nightly Corrinne fanart!
LMAO! This picture is great! Poor Master Sword never stood a chance.

*Mfw someone talks s*** about Corrin
Screen shot 2015-12-23 at 11.23.48 AM.png

"Corrin is banned here" Why? "Because **** Corrin"
That's another reason to main Corrin
5 bucks says there are people already trying to get Corrin banned for exactly this reason.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
It's exhausting seeing all the salt over Corrin but then I'm like, wait this literally doesn't affect me in any way, and I continue to be happy that Corrin is in Smash. That's my personal method of rising over the salt mines of people complaining.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I don't generally pick mains until after they've come out but I like everything I've seen about Corrin so far. As a Robin main right now though, Corrin DOES look quite appealing to me is all I'll say. Also I've noticed Corrin getting way too much hate in general from places like Twitch and Youtube lmao.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Tbh, I see more salt on this thread than I do on twitter and facebook. We're making this much more of a deal than it actually is. Play the character you want to play because of how much you enjoy the character. Not due to a stigma of sorts.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm not bothered by the salt, if anything, it's motivating me to main Corrin
Heck, I've made delicious smash-salt ice cream out of everyone's salt. My cousin (not an FE fan) texted me "ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?!?" during the Direct and my only response was "I'm so happy." I watched it live with my brother who's also a massive FE fan and it was incredible.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Heck, I've made delicious smash-salt ice cream out of everyone's salt. My cousin (not an FE fan) texted me "ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?!?" during the Direct and my only response was "I'm so happy." I watched it live with my brother who's also a massive FE fan and it was incredible.
I watched it with a friend of mine who is a FE fan as well! I can't stop watching Corrin's trailer! More than anything he looks like a lot of fun, I don't care too much how viable he is (I do main Palutena lol) but if he is viable that's just icing on the cake!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just remember - the salty fans are actually the minority.
I mean, on the internet, it may sometimes look like they're the majority. But if you look at the casual players...they don't usually give an eff if King K. Rool or Ridley or another anime swordsman made it in. The guys I know in real life are usually happy no matter who gets in.

Only hardcore Nintendo fanboys and bandwagon-ers really get salty.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Why don't we change the subject of salt into something else?

A lot of people are convinced Ryoma is being voiced by Matthew Mercer. What does everyone else here think about that?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't tend to follow VAs on either side. Though from what I heard from the 15 minute video it was comfortable. Still think Garon is best

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Elise's VA sounds much better than in the Smash trailer! I also like Ryoma's and Sakura's as well.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'll probably make a male Corrin for Birthright and Revelations and a female one for Conquest.
Same here. I'm also sticking to the default name if anyone is wondering.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Same here. I'm also sticking to the default name if anyone is wondering.
I'm also making male for birthright and female for conquest! Seems pretty popular.

I'm not going default though, as I almost always customize if there is an option. (The ONLY time I haven't was in Dragon Age II, because Fem Hawke is fabulous)

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
The hair is definitely something else, but its grown on me over time. I feel sorry for anyone trying to make a wig to match it though...

Here are my Birthright and Conquest Corrins, respectively. I already uploaded a shot of Elysia the other day, but here is Eden as well:

Trying to go for the old "two sides of the same coin" thing.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

Here are mine, creative, I know.
Haven't decided on names yet, but the girl will most likely just be Corrinne.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I found this article on Corrin's inclusion in Smash by PushDustin of Source Gaming. While I had some disagreements with his opinions, I still thought it was an interesting article and worth a share.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/21/the-corrin-controversy/

Also I think I've finally decided on which Corrin's I'm going to use!

Nohr - First Playthrough, Male, Name: Matthias

Hoshido - First Playthrough, Female, Name: Miia
fem corrin 1.png

At least for my first playthroughs that is. After that I'll just play it by ear.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I see you're naming your Femui after the snake girl from Monster Musume.
Why yes! Yes I am! I even gave her a similar hair color, and I thought about giving her a similar hair style
canvas.png

but I preferred the other one. I still really like this one too though!

* It's finally been made.....

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Why yes! Yes I am! I even gave her a similar hair color, and I thought about giving her a similar hair style
View attachment 89154

but I preferred the other one. I still really like this one too though!
How cute. It would be embarrassing however if your pet snail finds out about this, no?

Also, are you familiar with Everyday Life with Bicycle Cop?

D

Deleted member

Late to the party but here are my avatars :3

I know the male version looks boring but I based it off Inaho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom