• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Oh boy we got Raziek on board! That means we'll have at least one good Corrin player.
I'd elect myself but you know, I can't even fool myself.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Dual main, son!

I rep both!
Isn't it a little early to be deciding if you're going to dual main?

I mean, I'm sure most of us here would love to play Corrin as a main/secondary, but there's still some unknown factors like his/her actual viability and whether or not his/her play style gels with us personally.

Or maybe you're just that determined to main this character no matter what. If that's the case, good for you. :dr^_^:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh boy we got Raziek on board! That means we'll have at least one good Corrin player.
I'd elect myself but you know, I can't even fool myself.
I'm honestly kinda of surprised anyone thought I might not immediately pick up Corrin lol.

I AM A FIRE EMBLEM GUY THROUGH AND THROUGH.

I can't play anything that doesn't wield a sword. Serious.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I actually kinda hope FE stands pat in Smash 5 to avoid backlash. Removing Lucina and Roy and replacing one of them would be good, though. But FE has been treated really well this time around.

Personally, I would like the next Lord to just not use a sword. And I kinda like having the avatar as the lord, so it doesn't really make a difference to me whether he's male or female. Even so, Lyn would be nice, since she's basically a myrmidon-lord. And Hector is a fighter-lord. Poor Eliwood is just a boring old lord-lord.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Eliwood is just a boring old lord-lord.
I would have said that he's a mercenary lord but he doesn't really have the stats of a mercenary and I don't think he get's the ability to use axes when he promotes, so that doesn't work.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

I mean, I'm sure most of us here would love to play Corrin as a main/secondary, but there's still some unknown factors like his/her actual viability and whether or not his/her play style gels with us personally.

Or maybe you're just that determined to main this character no matter what. If that's the case, good for you. :dr^_^:
My reaction to Corrin was identical to the one I had to Robin. I knew within seconds of Robin's reveal that I was going to play the character.

I felt the same way seeing Corrinne. (Additionally, I think we should call FCorrin Corrinne, it's easy.)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm salty about Bayonetta, but it's an unpopular opinion, so I won't talk about it.

Corrin was unexpected but looks fun and interesting mechanically speaking, so I'm all about it.
I'm salty about Bayonetta as well, but I'm able to live with it because, while I know it could have been WAAAAAY better (*couhhackIsaachackcough*), it could have been a lot worse.

A LOT worse...

In any event:
I just got the spiffier looking Monado, and learned that Fiora isn't "dead".
Although I've known that she didn't really die for some time.
How far through am I?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm salty about Bayonetta as well, but I'm able to live with it because, while I know it could have been WAAAAAY better (*couhhackIsaachackcough*), it could have been a lot worse.

A LOT worse...

In any event:
How far through am I?
Halfway, I'd say.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
How far through am I?
I'd say that's about 1/3 in.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
tfw you have the trailer / direct playing in the background so you can listen to the new music...

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
My reaction to Corrin was identical to the one I had to Robin. I knew within seconds of Robin's reveal that I was going to play the character.

I felt the same way seeing Corrinne. (Additionally, I think we should call FCorrin Corrinne, it's easy.)
I felt like he was my sort of character as well. Hopefully my gut doesn't fail me. It has before. Many times. I still hold Robin as my most played character, so I guess I wasn't wrong the first time. I just have a horrible problem with being indecisive and not being able to commit.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
My passion for FE and love of characters with depth has brought me here.

The creative tricks and traps with pacman were fun, but I really feel more comfortable with a sword. It's a beautiful thing seeing that Corrin may also have mixups and tricks for years on end.

Something just feels so right about being able to outreach someone with a disjointed, noncommittal hitbox.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I'd just like to take a moment to out myself as a pleb before we get too deep into things.

Awakening was my first beaten FE game. I tried playing the GBA ones before, but they didn't hold my attention. Played Awakening a ton. In retrospect, the maps were really bad and there was rarely strategy outside of "pair up and hold choke points". I'm also not really one for shipping or waifus but Awakening was still a good time. I am cautiously excited for Fates. I hear they really pumped up the shipping aspects in questionable ways.

I AM PLEB.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd just like to take a moment to out myself as a pleb before we get too deep into things.

Awakening was my first beaten FE game. I tried playing the GBA ones before, but they didn't hold my attention. Played Awakening a ton. In retrospect, the maps were really bad and there was rarely strategy outside of "pair up and hold choke points". I'm also not really one for shipping or waifus but Awakening was still a good time. I am cautiously excited for Fates. I hear they really pumped up the shipping aspects in questionable ways.

I AM PLEB.
Play Path of Radiance. It's the best game of the series.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
In any event:
How far through am I?
You're gonna ****ing hate the game in about 4 hours. In a good way.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Play Path of Radiance. It's the best game of the series.
That's the only one I haven't played of the international releases, and I probably never will unless they put it on Virtual Console.

I have tried Radiant Dawn, but it's probably my least favorite of the ones I've played. But Path of Radiance has normal supports and stuff, right?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've played Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Rekka No Ken in that order. I tried Shadow Dragon DS, but the dull characters couldn't hold my attention very well.

I'd love to play PoR and Radiant Dawn, but I can't get my hands on them.

I AM PLEB.
They did in fact pump up the shipping stuff - especially the waifu stuff - but they also improved the gameplay a ton, apparently.

I'm really not excited about the return of forced romance through S-rank supports, but at the very least I hear the Nohr route is great for FE fans looking for a fair challenge.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Same here. The moment I saw Ryoma and realized what that meant, I said to myself "HELLO NEW MAIN!"

Also I fully support the idea of renaming female Corrin to Corrinne.

Who cares about all that nonsense?! All I need to know is that my chainsaw-blade wielding dragon morphing dual gender Avatar Lord is coming to Smash! :p

Meanwhile, the internet continues to have fun with the name Corrin!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think they shouldn't of localized "Corrin's" name and just kept it Kamui. Not because I'm a weeabo or anime purist or whatever, but because that name just doesn't make sense considering everyone from his/her country of birth - including his/her birth siblings - have Japanese names.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I think they shouldn't of localized "Corrin's" name and just kept it Kamui. Not because I'm a weeabo or anime purist or whatever, but because that name just doesn't make sense considering everyone from his/her country of birth - including his/her birth siblings - have Japanese names.
Actually, I think it makes more sense, since I would expect that after kidnapping them, Garon would want to rename Kamui something more appropriate for a royal of Nohr.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually, I think it makes more sense, since I would expect that after kidnapping them, Garon would want to rename Kamui something more appropriate for a royal of Nohr.
I thought of that possibility to, but that still wouldn't make sense because his/her Hoshidan family apparently knows him/her by his/her new name now.

But then again, I guess none of this really matters since you can just name "Corrin" whatever you want.

Last edited:

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
All I know is, Kamui is at least one of my mains.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Kamui is a much nicer name than Corrin tbh, and also probably a more relevant name to the character. I'm just going to call the character Kamui personally.

On FE games: I've played the GBA games (didn't finish Binding Blade), have both GCN games but only played part of PoR, beat Awakening on Hard+Lunatic (no DLC), and started Thracia but got distracted by other games before I made much progress, but enjoyed what I played of it. May or may not buy the Nohr version of the upcoming game; didn't really care for the direction Awakening took the series (even though I played it more than the Gamecube games lol, power of handhelds) and Fates hasn't really done anything to catch my interest yet, but:
I'm really not excited about the return of forced romance through S-rank supports, but at the very least I hear the Nohr route is great for FE fans looking for a fair challenge.
sums up my current thoughts.

No substantial interest in the character currently, but f!Kamui is cute and any character with disjoints is a potential character of interest, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You're gonna ****ing hate the game in about 4 hours. In a good way.
Dunno about that. I nearly launched my 3DS at the nearest wall dealing with that bird and that *****. Gonna be kinda hard to top that.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I thought of that possibility to, but that still wouldn't make sense because his/her Hoshidan family apparently knows him/her by his/her new name now.

But then again, I guess none of this really matters since you can just name "Corrin" whatever you want.
Oh true, I hadn't thought of that. I don't mind Corrin as a name, though I do prefer Kamui, and since you can change their name anyway, it only really affects their Smash incarnation.

Meanwhile, I'm just looking through funny Corrin in Smash pics to keep me busy until February Fatesuary.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Played and beaten all FE games here (except Fates since I don't import from Japan due to bad past experience. Got the special edition on preorder though). Would have also preferred if they left out S-rank supports and children this time around (especially after hearing exactly how they explain the kids being playable), but it's optional so I'm not going to complain too much about it.

Aein

Smash Cadet
NNID
vesferi
I'm actually surprised a lot of people in this thread weren't expecting Kamui / Corrin, because I honestly had a strong gut feeling Kamui was going to make it into Smash no matter what. The most relevant and successful game release from Nintendo recently is Fates in Japan, and it would be a great marketing tool for the West. Plus, he/she would be such a unique character with the whole water ninja fluid dragon lord style. The only thing in the way was "Would another Fire Emblem rep really be possible?" I mean... we got Robin, Lucina and Roy this installment! And Chrom cameos, returning Lyn assist trophy, and the Black Knight Mii costume too! As beautiful as all this is for a Fire Emblem fan, I didn't dare hope for more...

But as soon as the direct started and they showed the Fates cutscene, I knew the staff didn't care about that! Kamui was a done deal! xD It was tremendously satisfying. We've finally completed the Fire Emblem triangle of magic, swords and shapeshifters!

Can't wait till February!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've played every FE game on the eshop, with FE7 being my favourite. When I get a good PC, I'll be naughty nd use an emulator. Except for Radiant Dawn, a friend of mine has it. Also mfw my 3DS is still broken and I haven't preordered the special edition

D

Deleted member

I didn't expect Corrin to make it into Smash and thought maybe they'll be in Smash 5 instead if that was ever a thing. But they've made it and I couldn't be more happy.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I've only played Awakening (and, like, 10 chapters of PoR), but I swear I've played every mode multiple times.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've played every FE game on the eshop, with FE7 being my favourite. When I get a good PC, I'll be naughty nd use an emulator. Except for Radiant Dawn, a friend of mine has it. Also mfw my 3DS is still broken and I haven't preordered the special edition
You probably should have pre-ordered the special edition anyways, or at least that is what I would have done. Even if your 3DS was broken once the game arrived, at least you would not have missed out! Then again, I am probably just rubbing salt in the wound. The GIF accurately represents... Pain?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You probably should have pre-ordered the special edition anyways, or at least that is what I would have done. Even if your 3DS was broken once the game arrived, at least you would not have missed out! Then again, I am probably just rubbing salt in the wound. The GIF accurately represents... Pain?
I've only recently gotten out of money issues, not to mention we PAL pals don't have a release date yet

Aein

Smash Cadet
NNID
vesferi
I didn't expect Corrin to make it into Smash and thought maybe they'll be in Smash 5 instead if that was ever a thing. But they've made it and I couldn't be more happy.
I thought Sakurai mentioned in a past Direct that this would be the last game? At least, with him as Director, since it was taking quite a toll on his health. I wonder why everyone keeps talking about a Smash 5? Not that I don't hope for one, but I feel like that's too far into the future to even think about. It was seven years from Melee to Brawl, and six till Smash 4. And they've stuffed it with enough stuff to keep us busy for a few more years. After all, hyped characters now might not be so relevant by that time because there will be new ones.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
(I want to keep posting here but I'm afraid of Fates spoilers. Please keep it contained well, people.)

Top Bottom