• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Since Corrin is a manakete hybrid that can transform from limbs to his entire body instantly, compared to Tiki's and Bantu's and Nowi's need for a transformation sequence to transform fully, it's probably a means to express his more feral depths. Can't have boots getting in the way of transforming on a dime.
Just to add to this, specifically his transformation always seems to be in relation to his four limbs or his head. By leaving is feet exposed, he can quickly transform his feet into those spear-like appendages.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
You could also make a case for Dragon/Dark, since Corrin's base class is called "Dark" Prince(ss).
So if he chooses Hoshido, does he get Dragon/Fairy typing?

I love how Corrin have associated the element Water just as the Naga tome, in contrast to Robin having Wind, Fire and Thunder.
Also, consider that the series is FIRE Emblem, so a water theme is pretty cool (and contrasts with Roy and Ike too). Actually, I hypothesized that there'd be a Water Emblem in Fates way before the game came out. I won't confirm whether my prediction was right or not for those who don't know.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman

Also, consider that the series is FIRE Emblem, so a water theme is pretty cool (and contrasts with Roy and Ike too). Actually, I hypothesized that there'd be a Water Emblem in Fates way before the game came out. I won't confirm whether my prediction was right or not for those who don't know.
Well, the fact that you mentioned it makes it really hard for me to think that it's not. But I figured that Asura's necklace thing was the Fire Emblem anyway.

And if I'm guessing wrong, then you didn't spoil anything, just put me on a red herring. But I seriously doubt that's the case. If that thing isn't the Fire Emblem, it'd be a shock. It's on the menu screen and it's far too shiny to not be the Fire Emblem.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Nah, Fairy != Light. Even Dazzling Gleam is outright said to be magically altered light, so the element itself hasn't truly been covered yet.

Though I personally think they're considering making types for Light and Sound, and they're leaving their options open for if they go through with it, but that's a different story...

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I personally think I might use both Corrin alts because I already use both genders for Robin.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Femui has a thigh gap in Fates.
View attachment 88070
In Smash, the thigh cap is covered with pants.
View attachment 88071
Whether it was out of laziness or to make it E10+ appropriate we don't know.
I took it as the devs wanted to make her design more equal to male Corrin's, since they're supposed to be the same character. Not sure why he wasn't given a lacy thigh gap as well, but since he doesn't get one, no one gets one I suppose. :)

D

Deleted member

I'll probably use both genders since I use both for Robin as well.
And black alt for the female Kamui/Corrin reminds me of the black alt of Lucina~

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
**** it, I didn't want Chrom so that makes this better. That, or FE hater tears
I love Chrom, but this is wonderful. I'm still laughing about Matt Mercer possibly voicing Ryouma, which would be his second Smash trailer character instead of a playable one!

Male Corrin for me.

Though I dig the orange alt Fem!Corrin has.
Easily my favorite too. I like the female's white hair though... but the orange has won me over for now.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So basically, this?

Nah, Fairy != Light. Even Dazzling Gleam is outright said to be magically altered light, so the element itself hasn't truly been covered yet.

Though I personally think they're considering making types for Light and Sound, and they're leaving their options open for if they go through with it, but that's a different story...
^ This. I really want a Light type, and I think it would be really sweet if Light was super effective against Dark, but Dark would also be super effective against Light.
I personally think I might use both Corrin alts because I already use both genders for Robin.
Same, I love both of them too much to just choose one! And fortunately, I don't have to! :4corrin::4corrinf:
I took it as the devs wanted to make her design more equal to male Corrin's, since they're supposed to be the same character. Not sure why he wasn't given a lacy thigh gap as well, but since he doesn't get one, no one gets one I suppose. :)
Now imagining Male Corrin with the lacy thigh gap, RIP my sides! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always thought, "Man, if Corrin gets in, I hope he can sprout just wings in reference to the GBA manaketes". And now we know he can.

Sakurai, I am proud.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I'm salty about Bayonetta, but it's an unpopular opinion, so I won't talk about it.

Corrin was unexpected but looks fun and interesting mechanically speaking, so I'm all about it.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
While I personally wanted Snake back, Bayonetta won the Ballot fair and square, and she looks super interesting to boot. I can't even be mad :4bayonetta: GG, smash ballot, GG :p

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Know Your Dragon
Mega Edg-izard X resents that remark!

This is a good freaking picture!
Would people have been so salty if Azura were revealed in place of Corrin?
Oh yeah! I mean, if it was ANYTHING FE, then it was gonna get hate.
Yeah but she wouldn't be another "anime swordsman".
True, but she would still be adding to the "over representation" of Fire Emblem in Smash 4.

Besides, she would also probably get accused of being "animu waifu bait" moreso than female Corrin.

Also, at least Corrin is the protagonist of Fates. Even though Azura is the second biggest character in the story, she's still a secondary character to Corrin, so haters would rage all day about a "secondary" character from an FE game.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm salty about Bayonetta, but it's an unpopular opinion, so I won't talk about it.

Corrin was unexpected but looks fun and interesting mechanically speaking, so I'm all about it.
I will also join the unpopular "does not like Bayonetta" crowd.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Would people have been so salty if Azura were revealed in place of Corrin?
PIERI ANGRY ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM WAS ADDED TO SMASH! SMASH DOESN'T NEED SIX MARTHS!
ピエリ_st_キメ.png

"Says who? The Smash Bros List of Made Up Rules? Plus, Aqua's not a Marth clone or a sword user. She fights with a lance and her entire gimmick revolves around water and dancing."
Sad Kotor.png

PIERI DON'T CARE! PIERI ANGRY WATER MARTH STOLE MY MOST WANTED'S SLOT!
ピエリ_st_キメ.png

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
PIERI ANGRY ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM WAS ADDED TO SMASH! SMASH DOESN'T NEED SIX MARTHS!
View attachment 88144
"Says who? The Smash Bros List of Made Up Rules? Plus, Aqua's not a Marth clone or a sword user. She fights with a lance and her entire gimmick revolves around water and dancing."
View attachment 88143
PIERI DON'T CARE! PIERI ANGRY WATER MARTH STOLE MY MOST WANTED'S SLOT!
View attachment 88144
This is the most accurate post ever.

Also, cause it's getting salty in here!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
YES! Someone else who;s salty about bayonetta. She is literally nothing but fan service
Well, considering she was the most voted character by fans on the Ballot...

Yeah. She is literally fan service. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just hope that the next Fire Emblems lord weilds either a lance or an ax so the fire emblem character that inevitably replaces Lucina isn't gonna be just another sword user.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I just hope that the next Fire Emblems lord weilds either a lance or an ax so the fire emblem character that inevitably replaces Lucina isn't gonna be just another sword user.
Best bet is to pray that IS actually designs a main character that doesn't use a sword. :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In a perfect would it'd be a female ax weilding lord with pink hair!
Eh, green or yellow hair would probably be better complements to the red, white, and blue haired characters we already have. :rolleyes:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Well, considering she was the most voted character by fans on the Ballot...

Yeah. She is literally fan service. :p
She's the most voted character that they could get into the game.
Part of me feels like Snake probably won in the US but since Konami is busy ****ting all over itself, it wasn't possible to get him.

But it's just a theory. There's really no way to know. Imagine all the meme votes... I wish they would release the breakdown of the ballot.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
She's the most voted character that they could get into the game.
Part of me feels like Snake probably won in the US but since Konami is busy ****ting all over itself, it wasn't possible to get him.

But it's just a theory. There's really no way to know. Imagine all the meme votes... I wish they would release the breakdown of the ballot.
If it is as filled with meme votes as we fear, we probably don't want to see that. :p

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I can see it now...

A crowd of angry Nintendo characters forms around an unknown figure.
"Can't we settle this over a pint? No?"
Sudden star KO.
All Star starts playing at a deafening volume.

*Shrek swamps the competition!*

Also, yes to Lyn. Iai style sword fighting is sick.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So all the RST regulars are flocking in here then? Cool just leaving my mark in this thread for later so I remember to come back.

Anyway Can't wait for February.

Top Bottom