• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I don't know about For Glory, but I have seen her a ton in the last tournament and friendlies. In the actual tournament, there weren't all that many. I was probably the highest-placing one, at 9th. );

Well, the character is only a few days old, and it isn't the most weird of things to be trying them out...guess I can't blame them. Even a pretty good Corrin player here isn't even considering her for serious use.

What do you mean by all that?

< Also, from the guy who said he was only going to use Corrin "because she's hot". aka, me. Like, I outrighted stated it. The worst part? I'm actually considering her as a main...even if I started out really bad with her. And the fact that I've been hatin' on Corrin for getting in the way of my beloved Shovel Knight~

#Salt
#TheHypocrite
When characters initiates a dash, their is a specific number of frames before they can shield. Characters like sheik can shield very fast, while it takes quite a bit of time for characters like marth to shield. Corrin can shield incredibly fast out of a dash, which is quite useful for dealing with projectiles since the window of time to hit him is incredibly small.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Been practicing a bit with Corrin he/she is fun, but finding a hard time to string together combo's also a few video's have been going around talking about how "Corrin's counter is broken" and showcasing people dying from 0% just by the counter alone...now I for one don't believe it but it's spreading around the net like a plague and wanted to know if you guys heard anything about this?
Corrin's counter activates pretty quick and launches at a vertical enough angle that if you get hit in the air, GG. Its APPARENTLY punishable, but I've really only found that grabs are the safest way to do so.
Well, the character is only a few days old, and it isn't the most weird of things to be trying them out...guess I can't blame them. Even a pretty good Corrin player here isn't even considering her for serious use.
I've had Marth as a Mess-Around character for a while, its time to whip him out thanks to the buffs.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now whenever I try to get a boost as I recover with Mewtwo, I instinctively use Bair instead of Confusion.

Thanks, Corrin.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
@Oz To add specifics to what ILOVESMASH ILOVESMASH said, Corrin takes about 7 frames or so to go into shield from his/her dash, which is actually pretty good, since it makes dashing less of a commitment.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I think I've struggled alot against Samus. For some reason I have difficulty approaching her even though it's never an issue with other projectile spam characters like Villager. I had a few rounds with some Samus on FG and I just couldn't approach them well, or predict the Charge Shot. I felt like a scrub.

And then they switch to Cloud and I do just fine. -_-

Actually I always got trouble playing against Samus because both of my mains, Robin and Ike, have a lot of problems when it comes to approach her and I'm not expecting something different with Corrin since she's still pretty slow and her projectile can't really help.
Samus can play very well against slow characters, but she struggle a lot against fast characters (basically all the high tier).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Had some crazy battles with that Cloud Last night we played for like a hour or something was crazy.
I met a pair of folks on For Fun when I was playing with Faith
They kept changing their names to predictable things (Such as Gunter/Pingu, NIEN/-9-, PAC & MAC) so we kept changing to those characters
And then they did Mayro + Lugee, but all of us chose characters that weren't exactly Mario & Luigi (US: Roy [Mario] & Yoshi [Lugee] VS THEM: Red DK [Mario] & Green Wario [Lugee]) and that spawned some hilarity
Plus on the final battle we all just went Dedede and relaxed via Crouching the whole match
Was good man

Doyouseemegoingeverywhereaskingforthem

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You guys know you can just check their info on the victory screen and send a friend request right? Unless this is 3DS in which case I have no idea.

But who plays 3DS anymore :troll:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I met a pair of folks on For Fun when I was playing with Faith
They kept changing their names to predictable things (Such as Gunter/Pingu, NIEN/-9-, PAC & MAC) so we kept changing to those characters
And then they did Mayro + Lugee, but all of us chose characters that weren't exactly Mario & Luigi (US: Roy [Mario] & Yoshi [Lugee] VS THEM: Red DK [Mario] & Green Wario [Lugee]) and that spawned some hilarity
Plus on the final battle we all just went Dedede and relaxed via Crouching the whole match
Was good man

Doyouseemegoingeverywhereaskingforthem
go to your friends list and press Y to see a list of people you've played with online recently

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You guys know you can just check their info on the victory screen and send a friend request right? Unless this is 3DS in which case I have no idea.

Smash 3DS is pretty much the key to making equipment that you want. Hack your equipment supply in Smash 3DS, and then copy your customizations onto Smash Wii U. Of course, the equipment needs to be legal by game standards (go here for the formula), or else the customizations will be rejected.

However, even legal equipment can end up being rejected if you don't keep track of the extra values that each piece of equipment has.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

I play Smash 3DS.
#Smash3DSMattersToo.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665

I still play Smash 3DS just for the single player modes.
#SmashRunMasterRace

Nah

Smash Champion
Saki- Saki- you'll probably want to remove the moveset speculation link from the OP since that thread is closed and now irrelevant

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651

I play it when I have like a 2 hour window of nothing in college, it has saved me from a lot of boredom

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, anyone in favor of calling Corrin's dair the draggin Dragon or the Dragon's descend? no? well I tried :p

I can finally recover from an offstage dair consistently without DL now and boy is it a fun move!

Catching someone by surprise and footstooling them right on top of the blast zone is absolutely disrespectful and I am loving each moment of it :-)

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
@Oz To add specifics to what ILOVESMASH ILOVESMASH said, Corrin takes about 7 frames or so to go into shield from his/her dash, which is actually pretty good, since it makes dashing less of a commitment.
Corrin not having to commit, what else is new?

Seriously though, Corrin never seems to have to commit in anyway. It's pretty ridiculous. I see the only potential issue with him/her being his/her speed on the ground.

But that neutral game is ridiculous. S/he basically just brick walls people.

Corrin probably takes the least commitment of any character in Smash 4. I'd say s/he is on par with Sheik, but Sheik at least needs to commit to get a kill. Corrin doesn't. F Smash is pretty safe on shield if you space it.

I have started pocketing Corrin just because of how annoying it is to fight against Corrin with anyone else. It almost feels like you have to be a Corrin to punish a Corrin's mistakes because Corrin is the only one with the range for an appropriate punish.

I've played my fair share of Marth (plus some, even played him while he was a laggy mess...), so Corrin was pretty easy to pick up.

I may main him.

Also to add to the Corrin counter things.

My friend saw someone die at 45% to counter.

I lost a stock as Bayonetta from 13% to two counters to a raging Corrin. I got Corrin to like 120% and only got hit once with I think jab combo and twice with counters... Two counters brought me from 13% to ~75% and killed me off the top. I tried to pick Bayonetta up and she wins on for glory because people don't know to block but I really don't think her neutral game is good enough. Great combo game, terrible neutral.

I may take Corrin from a pocket to a main in the future.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Whats the best counter character for Corrin?
Corrina
Because Females > Males
It's true you know
Withoutthemwewouldn'tevenexist
Y'know

Corrin Counters Corrin
We Competitive Pokemon now

D

Deleted member

From my experience,:4myfriends: beats Corrin pretty solidly. I'd also say :4ness:, :4cloud:and :4mewtwo:also beat him.

Last edited by a moderator:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'm strungling against Pikachu and Mario (yeah... they kill 80% of the roster so its normal)
Ike and Marth are doing well, maybe a neutral MU? Same with Robin
MRGW are getting destroyed by my Corrin, so a good MU for us?
Ness don't give me more problems than normal

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
From my experience,:4myfriends: beats Corrin pretty solidly. I'd also say :4ness:, :4cloud:and :4mewtwo:also beat him.
Interesting. In what way do you feel Mewtwo bests us? It does have intimidating range and power for sure, but don't a lot of its moves extend its hurtbox? I may be incorrect, but I don't remember Mewtwo having significant disjoint on tilts and such, in which case it seems like we'd be able to wall it out. I could definitely see it being scary offstage though considering our mediocre aerial mobility.

D

Deleted member

Interesting. In what way do you feel Mewtwo bests us? It does have intimidating range and power for sure, but don't a lot of its moves extend its hurtbox? I may be incorrect, but I don't remember Mewtwo having significant disjoint on tilts and such, in which case it seems like we'd be able to wall it out. I could definitely see it being scary offstage though considering our mediocre aerial mobility.
I play Mewtwo frequently, so I'll try to give my thoughts.

Mewtwo's biggest asset that helps him in this MU is his mobility. Mewtwo has one of the fastest air and ground speeds in the game, so that's a great to have in the matchup. Corrin's own projectile does little to help him against Mewtwo, especially since Shadow Ball cancels it out and Mewtwo can easily reflect it back with confusion. Mewtwo in general also has very good aerials, and up air kills off the top. Since Corrin has trouble escaping combos, Mewtwo has no trouble doing fair chains at low percents or nair juggles on him. Mewtwo may die early due to his low weight and can easily be combo'd if not careful due to his size, but I believe he wins if only due to how strong his defense game is and how well he can wall Corrin out. We also edgeguard Corrin easily due to his mediocre recovery, and can make it back due to our high jump, especially with Confusion and Teleport factored in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I don't think Mewtwo it's a bad mu for Corrin.
I have a friend who main Mewtwo since release and his really good. Before Corrin came out when he used Mewtwo I always struggle to beat him and now looks like he is the one who struggle the most lol
I play Mewtwo frequently, so I'll try to give my thoughts.

Mewtwo's biggest asset that helps him in this MU is his mobility. Mewtwo has one of the fastest air and ground speeds in the game, so that's a great to have in the matchup. Corrin's own projectile does little to help him against Mewtwo, especially since Shadow Ball cancels it out and Mewtwo can easily reflect it back with confusion. Mewtwo in general also has very good aerials, and up air kills off the top. Since Corrin has trouble escaping combos, Mewtwo has no trouble doing fair chains at low percents or nair juggles on him. Mewtwo may die early due to his low weight and can easily be combo'd if not careful due to his size, but I believe he wins if only due to how strong his defense game is and how well he can wall Corrin out. We also edgeguard Corrin easily due to his mediocre recovery, and can make it back due to our high jump, especially with Confusion and Teleport factored in.
I have to partially disagree to the edgeguard part.
Yes Corrin doesn't have the best recovery out there but he has a giant hitbox on it so Mewtwo can't really hit Corrin while recovering diagonally (if Corrin recovers vertically I think it's possible for Mewtwo to hit Corrin's head with a dair).
Except this I completely agree to everything, Mewtwo's movement speed in particular is really a problem for Corrin.

Right now this mu seems to me pretty balanced, but if I have to stay true to my experience I have to say it's a little more in Corrin's favor but I dunno, we need more time and more opinions to really answer this question.

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
Tts funny how Corrin ended up being more loved than Bayo, what are you guys thoughts on the Lucas matchup?
Recently been a matchup ive played a lot oh my god it is so much fun

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well then. So not only is Counter Surge capable of killing at low percents, it also has a windbox that sends you DOWN!
skip to the 1:40 mark.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well then. So not only is Counter Surge capable of killing at low percents, it also has a windbox that sends you DOWN!
skip to the 1:40 mark.
OK
I definitely think Corrin's counter is them channeling Camilla's inner scarylady now
Better nerf Greninja

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Sakurai seems to have a love for windboxes, especially how ridiculous it was with little mac

Top Bottom