• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conflict of mains

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
XD i iked brawl but me wii broke back in 08 so all my wii **** is usless now :(
But still Broomers are awesome no matter what game there...Brooming XD
Dear god, people like us, SCORE! *brofists bbr*

That sucks man, but melee IS a better competitive game, so there's that.

I knew that, btw. Just sayin. >_>
Fair enough, but it's a very common mistake, so wanted to correct it.

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
I havetn got to play competivly in anything other than halo and magic rofl took first in local when halo odst came out then got sick of every next gen game being fps WHERE ARE THE PLATFORMERS MAN!?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I havetn got to play competivly in anything other than halo and magic rofl took first in local when halo odst came out then got sick of every next gen game being fps WHERE ARE THE PLATFORMERS MAN!?
Well, welcome to melee, enjoy your stay.

Also, marth is awesome. Check out marth boards... errr the board of your main once you decide.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Did you just say why does kirby suck? Have you played kirby? Go fox.

Walt

Smash Ace
Play the character you can troll the most with. Which is G&W. CCC all day against Sheik is hilarious. Crouch Cancel Camping. Just hold down, dtilt if they ever get near you and WD back or forth if they try to air needle you. Truly, you will become KING ASHOLE.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Srsly being an ******* is bad. Dont be low tier main. You will be treated like *******

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
imo best two beginning characters are sheik and Marth. the reason these two are the best are not just b/c u can spam moves and beat noobish friends but b/c they are the best at teaching you how to play melee. Marth teaches the importance of the grab game, and spacing (if you want those tippers). Also his wavedash may not be the easiest to use/learn with but its very useful (and it might not be the easiest but it is pretty easy). Marth also will help you learn how to tilt starting with the easy to use down tilt to the harder for beginners up tilt, and u need to use marths up-tilt since his up-smash is pretty bad.

Next is sheik. She also helps people learn how to tilt plus she teaches that you shoudn't spam smashers. she also has a great grab game and with down throw will help people learn chain grabs and tech chasing. Her less then great recovery will get new players to learn how to be trickier while recovering which is important. She also helps people get use to gimping. Lastly her easy combos help people visually see what can or can not combo and overall this helps people get a feel for the game.

edit: if you dont care about trying to get real good and go to tourneys then just go G&W his shield might suck but he is pretty fun (2d marth very fun)

Yay for backroomerrs!!!!where would we be without you guys?
Also dont support adumbrodeus, i know him irl and supporting him will only make him think he knows what he is talking about :)

rhan

Smash Hero
If you don't have a clear understanding of how to play Sheik, you're getting *****.

Try Marth or Jigglypuff instead.
What's hard about it? You tilt/grab/fair. And if you wanna be sneaky do all three in different orders.

Srsly being an ******* is bad. Dont be low tier main. You will be treated like *******
Yeah just look at Axe.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Just play Marth. We need more marths :D
Just play who your most comfortable with and you play the best with. I have this problem too. I think ima just main Marth/Falco though.

Everyone needs that friendly falcon though.

Start off with anyone in the top 7. They're easy to learn and they help teach you basic/important stuff

Then just chose for yourself. Only you can really know who fits you best

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I really like NAGACE. He has really good posts.
I agree with NAGACE saying to start with sheik/marth. They are average speed and can teach the basics of spacing. Spacing with Marth's fair is much easier than spacing with Falco's dair, etc.

If you do start playing spacies it's gonna be really tough for you in the beginning but if you get really technical and smart it will show much more in the future. And if you decide to play someone that doesn't require that much tech skill (Non-Spacies) it will be a much easier transition for you. (I'm not saying you don't need tech skill to properly play anyone non-spacie, just not as much)

Mean2U

Smash Cadet
I say Falco because I play him. He's a good character. Play as who you feel the most comfortable with. Or just play Pichu for kicks and giggles.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter. Pick your favorite and stick with them. Train, learn, and be the best with that character. No character is perfect, and they all have their merits.

If you can't decide, just keep playing with all of them until you feel inspired to use a single one of them. About 7 years ago, I couldn't decide who to use either. My friends told me to use Peach because she was high on the tier list. I did, but not for long.
One day, I was trying out characters and I picked Luigi, who I'd never really used before. I put a cpu Mario at lvl 9 and went to onett with unlimited time. This was the first time that Onett's alternate music came on for me, and I thought it was awesome. And Luigi was like no other character I'd used before. The way he moved was so floaty yet speedy on the ground. I was inspired, and I used Luigi for years.

Seriously, just pick whoever is your favorite now, and wait for inspiration. You might be watching a video of Isai one day and just be totally inspired to use Captain Falcon. Just use any character that gives you that feeling of awesome when you use them.

Smash Master
Marth and Falco cover up each other's character weaknesses nicely, so I'd main one and second the other.

Personally I'd main Marth because he teaches you fundamentals better, IMO. With Falco you can get better for a while just by becoming more technically proficient, without actually learning anything.

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I for one welcome another fellow Marth. As such, I suggest you main him.

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
My decison is Marth/Pichu i dont give a damn if pich is the worst fighting game character on the whole GOD DAMN PLANET!!!!

rhan

Smash Hero
Pichu is better then Roll and Servbot.

You should play Pika instead though. Watch Axe videos and you'll see why I suggested him over Pichu.

Top Bottom