• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY AUTOMATIC WAY TO FARM CUSTOMS

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Or you could... ya know, actually play the game the way that was intended? I get that people want customs now but playing each char for like 45 minutes to an hour really helps you learn about what you need to be aware of in general. All star mode on hard gets you the customs for the character you're playing as a lot easier.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Or you could... ya know, actually play the game the way that was intended? I get that people want customs now but playing each char for like 45 minutes to an hour really helps you learn about what you need to be aware of in general. All star mode on hard gets you the customs for the character you're playing as a lot easier.
Last time I checked, performing an action available within the game is doing something that the developer intended you to be able to do.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Last time I checked, performing an action available within the game is doing something that the developer intended you to be able to do.
Actually that's not always true. Developers aren't perfect and they're bound to miss some things. Sometimes it ends up being okay, like wavedashing and L cancelling in melee, sometimes it turns out horribly, like IC wobbling. I have a strong suspicion that the way ICs were played at the top level by more diehard players is the reason they aren't in this game. I'm guessing if they foresaw people using turbo controllers to automatically unlock content they would have addressed that.

Although now that i think about it custom on tourneys are gonna need a lot of setups with everything unlocked so you gotta do what you gotta do. But if it's just your own personal system unlocking customs the hard way will give you a lot of matchup knowledge and up your game.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Tournament organizers ain't got time for that.

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
Tournament organizers ain't got time for that.
Yeah, that's fair. Why is there not a way to transfer customs from Wii to Wii like you can with a 3ds? That's kind of bizarre. Sometimes i wish Nintendo would think more about things that would make running bigger tourneys less painful.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
None of the single player modes actually help you learn your character properly though. Classic has items and a general knockback buff on your character, All-Star has the same knockback alteration because of all the characters you have to fight. Don't even get me started on Master Orders and Crazy Orders. You can't properly learn your character when there are alterarions made around them. That's what Training Mode is for; to leaen your character without screwy modifications.

If we want to exploit a way to mitigate the nonsense of randon drops in a game that should not realistically have them (MMO style games fine but not a competitive fighting game), we have a right as the owner of the game to exploit it.

Also personally there are several characters I don't like to use but want their customs for when friends come over. Is it a bad thing to want to avoid using characters I don't like in a game I want to enjoy to the fullest, while simultaneously providing extra choices for my friends?

Different strokes, my friend.

Last edited:

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
None of the single player modes actually help you learn your character properly though. Classic has items and a general knockback buff on your character, All-Star has the same knockback alteration because of all the characters you have to fight. Don't even get me started on Master Orders and Crazy Orders. You can't properly learn your character when there are alterarions made around them. That's what Training Mode is for; to leaen your character without screwy modifications.

If we want to exploit a way to mitigate the nonsense of randon drops in a game that should not realistically have them (MMO style games fine but not a competitive fighting game), we have a right as the owner of the game to exploit it.

Also personally there are several characters I don't like to use but want their customs for when friends come over. Is it a bad thing to want to avoid using characters I don't like in a game I want to enjoy to the fullest, while simultaneously providing extra choices for my friends?

Different strokes, my friend.
That's a good point too. I've always thought just playing vs. mode smash as various characters should unlock the customs. Because a lot of that is going to happen either way and you wouldn't have to expect people to play All-Star.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So that's what the Turbo button was for, I had that Gamecube Controller for years but I never really understood what the Slow and Turbo buttons where for. Slow seemed to just repeatedly pause all the time whilst I had no clue what Turbo did. Turns out it does the same as Slow, except you need to hold it down for the other buttons.

Well, guess that old controller will finally be useful again as collecting all the custom moves a second time is something I'm really not feeling it. :4shulk:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Does anyone know if the patch changed this at all? I have around 200 custom moves unlocked, and I set this up for 6 hours while I was away. when I came back, it had unlocked 0 custom moves. I followed all the instructions carefully and unlocked a few outfits, unless it just doesn't announce move unlocks when you quit?

Pyr

Smash Lord
It does not announce unlocked moves when you quit out. All unlocked moves are effectively "announced" at the end of the second round of Target Blast when you get them round 1/2.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Thanks. I'm a real dip****.

Got tripped up by all the other handouts at the end that weren't custom moves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom