• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Guide to playing Smash Bros. 64 Online

Thino

Smash Master
FinNess said:
dang.. Seems that I cant connect any servers it just keeps saying "Connecting..." and nothing happens.

(I waited for about 20 min and nothing.)
(Edit: 10nth post :) )
be sure not to be downloading anything, havin a good connection , and unblock pj64k in ur firewall

Freedom

Smash Cadet
I can't play my friend's games. Every time his games starts, it says failed to open and it closes. I'm pretty sure I port forwarded 27888 correctly. What's wrong?

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Freedom said:
Um...we're on the same server. When I create a game, my game just closes saying failed to open.
when we click start game, his game closes saying 'failed to open' while my game says 'waiting for other players' or something.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
ohhh
kay, I got a few possible solutions as to why that's happening
it might be, the rom directory you set doesn't have the rom in that folder anymore
so what you can do is try to run it offline, and see if it works, then re-set your rom directory again
if that still doesn't work, try redownloading both the rom and emulator
but dont alter the emulator in anyway, except for setting the controller keys

People are always talking about plugins and stuff, but I dont see what's wrong with it
I mean, it works for me just as default O.o

If those solutions dont work for you, we might have to be more elaborate is to what's going on, maybe your video card, cpu, etc.
But I dont think it'll resort to that

I guess those two worked it out o.O
or they just gave up

7ak

Smash Journeyman
This is a lot of fun...............I got absolutely rocked by Isai online (yes it was him.........the match looked like a combo vid he was so good). Really cool to play the best in the world online.

walugi

Smash Apprentice
anyone know good servers (with ssb64 players) around new zealand/australia? I can't get into any asian ones (lag restrictions) and the US ones ping me back at 250ms -_-

snes101

Smash Apprentice
I frequent 203.143.70.155:27888 (Melbourne) as well as a few of the members from Aussie-Nintendo, maybe we could organise a match there. :p
And mastahwolf, the pipes don't desynch the game, neither do items in Smash and Mario Kart. I've only found that random stages and comps desynch the game.

Thino

Smash Master
snes101 said:
I frequent 203.143.70.155:27888 (Melbourne) as well as a few of the members from Aussie-Nintendo, maybe we could organise a match there. :p
And mastahwolf, the pipes don't desynch the game, neither do items in Smash and Mario Kart. I've only found that random stages and comps desynch the game.
when I said MK I was talking about Mushroom Kingdom not Mario Kart , but thanks for the info all the way

walugi

Smash Apprentice
snes101 said:

it's a sweet server, i'm going to enjoy playing you after I get used to the keyboard ;)

Vegis

Smash Rookie
Good evening guys,

I got a problem with my Audio Plug-ins. I got Jabo's Directsound 1.6 and zilmar's Audio Plug-in.

They work fine when I'm playing offline, but if I start to Play online, it keeps saying "Error: Could not load Audio-Plugin." and the game just quits. Even if I set the Audio Plugin to "No Sound", I get this Error... Anyone can help me ?

Vegis

Thino

Smash Master
Online Play always use the default plugin so if you wanna use Directsound 1.6 or zilmar's or any other third party plugin , you gotta rename them to the default one (Directsound 1.5 I think)

Vegis

Smash Rookie
Ahh, Thank you, cleared some things up for me... But I still can't find the name of the default plugin...

Vegis

Vegis

Smash Rookie
No, unfortunately no plugins was included with the project64k download, I just downloaded the project64, to get all the plugins. <.<

Vegis

bjdavis69

Smash Rookie
My computer is only 2 years old, I have had to reconfigure it before and i am not sure if I did it correctly or not. I have Project64k on another computer and it works fine, but when i try to open it on my home computer, it says "Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0". I'm pretty worthless with computers, so i have no idea what this means. Is there anyway i can fix this without having to buy a new graphics card because i swear that my card should be able to handle the emulator (i think) thanks a lot

Thino

Smash Master
My computer is only 2 years old, I have had to reconfigure it before and i am not sure if I did it correctly or not. I have Project64k on another computer and it works fine, but when i try to open it on my home computer, it says "Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0". I'm pretty worthless with computers, so i have no idea what this means. Is there anyway i can fix this without having to buy a new graphics card because i swear that my card should be able to handle the emulator (i think) thanks a lot
click on Start Menu, Run, then type 'dxdiag' , a dialog box with all DirectX properties should appear. On the Display tab make sure all Accelerations are enabled . if it doesnt fix the problem then make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card

MeHo

Smash Cadet
Are there any popular Smash server's on the west coast of the US? Because I lag in the server that's posted in the SSB Online Guide.

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
real nice. this is a great help for people who are new to it. its drifting away and deserves to be on the front page.

Nazi Ninja

Smash Rookie
okay, for those of you that have played ssb online and are on frequently, does it cause any problems whatsoever to your computer. My dad is worried and won't let me get it. Please people back me up

Syril

Smash Rookie
I'm getting "This ROM is not availiable on your computer!" when I try to join a game. What am I doing wrong?

Syril

Smash Rookie
Never mind, now there's another problem. Whenever I enter a room, it'll instantly bring up the chat section, but nothing ever appears in it.

Top Bottom