• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

AnguzBeef

Smash Rookie
I don't think I'll be able to drive out to Boulder, but thanks anyway! I'm here for one more week, and I am still down to play Project M or Melee with any FoCo smashers if there are any.
Hey, me and my friends play pm very regularly up here in foco. Lemee know if youre still in town

(sorry for double post, my comp glitched out on me when i posted)

Anywhere i can find some info on foco fest?

Last edited:

KoszowskiMa

Smash Rookie
Just curious, what are the usual entrance fees for tournaments? Is there a flat fee for the whole tourny? Or is there a specific buy in fee for each event???

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Just curious, what are the usual entrance fees for tournaments? Is there a flat fee for the whole tourny? Or is there a specific buy in fee for each event???
It really depends on the tourny, but a typical one is usually five dollar venue fee, then $10 to enter each tourny which all goes towards the pot for the winners. Sometimes the venue fee will get you pizza, depending on if the T.O. has to actually pay for the venue or not.

Datnox

Smash Rookie
I live in Lakewood and am looking to get into smash. Anyone in the area willing to show me the ropes?

Cofo

Smash Rookie
I live in Lakewood and am looking to get into smash. Anyone in the area willing to show me the ropes?
Which game are you playing? I recently started playing melee and am having trouble finding practice partners who don't crush me in their sleep. I'd love to play with someone else learning the game. I live in Cherry Creek.

Datnox

Smash Rookie
Which game are you playing? I recently started playing melee and am having trouble finding practice partners who don't crush me in their sleep. I'd love to play with someone else learning the game. I live in Cherry Creek.
I'm playing melee on dolphin atm. So yeah it would be sweet to play with someone in person. Do you actually have a gamecube? Here's my number 8179136400

Cofo

Smash Rookie
I'm playing melee on dolphin atm. So yeah it would be sweet to play with someone in person. Do you actually have a gamecube? Here's my number 8179136400
Sweet. I do have a gamecube. Only one controller - I assume that's not a problem unless you're somehow playing dolphin with the keyboard. I'm pretty busy today but don't have anything planned for tomorrow if you wanna get something going. I'll text ya. And anyone else who sees this and wants to play with some noobs is welcome to join us.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
for all you smashboarders

It's time for the third Foothills Fest! Like the first one last year, this fest is in celebration of my birthday (Valentine's Day, the day before the tournament), so let's have some fun!

Feel free to bring other games to play during downtime! I personally plan to have a Kirby Air Ride setup in addition to my usual Brawl/PM one.

The tournament will take place in room 307 of the Wolf Law Library, unless I find a more suitable room when I go to reserve (our events have been getting larger and since it's a flat fee I can probably find a more spacious room).

I haven't really enforced this in the past because it hasn't presented such a large problem before, but I will be DQ'ing people if I can't get in contact with them within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason, let me know so we can figure out if you'd be in danger of holding anything up. (You guys have generally been doing a great job with this, especially the new folk!)

EVENTS:
Brawl Singles Bracket
Project: M Singles
Melee Singles
(Mario Party 9 Doubles?)

There will only be Singles brackets at this event so everyone has more time for friendlies/MMs/whatever, unless there is large request for doubles (8+ teams confirmed before the tourney). You can always do doubles friendlies even if there isn't a tournament for it!

All events will be Double Elimination brackets, subject to change due to small numbers of entrants though.

FEES:
$5 Venue Fee, waived for full setups
$10 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events (subject to change)

RULES: (UPDATED TO APEX RULESET)
Brawl:
•MK Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- FD, BF, SV, Lylat, Yoshi's Island: Brawl
-Counterpicks:
--PS1, Castle Seige, Halberd
•Striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1, winner granted a stage ban
•All sets are Bo3 except WF's, LF's and GF's which are Bo5

Project: M:
•Stagelist:
-Starters: First page bottom row, striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1 - P1 - P2
-Counterpicks: First page bottom two rows
•Doubles modifications: Yoshi's Story is replaced by SSE: Jungle as a starter and is otherwise banned. Striking is T1 - T2 - T2 - T1
•Winner is granted 3 stage bans

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1

Tentative Schedule:
10:00AM - Show up pls - Setup - Signups start for Brawl Singles, Project: M Singles, Melee Singles
12:00PM/1:00PM - Singles Brackets start
9:00PM - Venue Closes

Payout for all Singles events is 60/30/10. Payout for Doubles events is 70/30, unless more than 8 teams are entered.

Venue:
Wolf Law Library room 307, 2450 Kittredge Loop Road - Boulder, Colorado 80309

Directions to get here:
-From US-36 (coming from Denver or otherwise south): Take the exit onto Baseline at the Denver Boulder Turnpike, where US-36 turns into 28th Street; turn left onto Baseline, then right onto Broadway, right onto Regent (it will be the first right turn), right onto Kittredge Loop Drive (it will be the second right), then head straight and turn left at the traffic circle, then turn right after passing a huge building (the Wolf Law building) into the parking lot and park.
-From CO-119 (coming from FoCo or otherwise north): Continue onto Foothills Parkway, turn left onto Baseline, then the directions are the same as above.
If you need further directions or help getting to the venue my number is 303-731-9386. As always, bring full setups.

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. Also, as usual, BRING SETUPS. If you have a Wii with Brawl and Project: M, bring it. If you have a relatively portable TV (or more than one), bring it. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.

bountyxhunted

Smash Cadet
so no doubles i hope i'm not offending anyone but i love the idea it'll make the tournament go faster and smoother last time i was so exhausted never thought i would be tired of playing after 9 hours

ZootSuit

Smash Rookie
I'm having troubles connecting to the Apex site to look up the rules. Any chance someone could give a newbie a rundown on the do's and don'ts?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm having troubles connecting to the Apex site to look up the rules. Any chance someone could give a newbie a rundown on the do's and don'ts?
All items off, 3 stock, 8 min time, player with stock and/or % advantage when time runs out wins, best of 3 games except finals (best of 5), players strike stages to begin on a starter then the winner bans a stage and the loser counter picks, then if a 3rd game is played same deal. Starters are usually BF, FD, YI (Brawl), Smashville and maybe Lylat (IDK). CPs usually are CS, Delfino, Halberd, PS1, Frigate (I'm guessing). Ledge grabs are often limited to 30 a game. If a player ends a game with a suicide move like Ganon's sideB or Kirby's swallow etc the player who used the move wins with no sudden death.

ZootSuit

Smash Rookie
All items off, 3 stock, 8 min time, player with stock and/or % advantage when time runs out wins, best of 3 games except finals (best of 5), players strike stages to begin on a starter then the winner bans a stage and the loser counter picks, then if a 3rd game is played same deal. Starters are usually BF, FD, YI (Brawl), Smashville and maybe Lylat (IDK). CPs usually are CS, Delfino, Halberd, PS1, Frigate (I'm guessing). Ledge grabs are often limited to 30 a game. If a player ends a game with a suicide move like Ganon's sideB or Kirby's swallow etc the player who used the move wins with no sudden death.
Thanks Rizen.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Foothills Fest 3 Results

Smash Bros Underground - 3/1/14, Aurora CO:
New Venue same CO Smash Hype! Come to meet many of the area' s Melee and Project Melee players. This is a great opportunity to improve your technical skills, learn advanced game play/tactics and become a better overall player. Spread the word and help the local Smash Bros scene expand.

Tournament Events:
Melee Singles
Project: M Doubles
Crew Battles (If there is enough interest)

All events will be Double Elimination brackets, subject to change due to small numbers of entrants though.

Fees:
$5 Venue Fee
$5 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events (subject to change)

Rule sets:

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1

•Stagelist:
•Doubles modifications: Yoshi's Story is replaced by SSE: Jungle as a starter and is otherwise banned. Striking is T1 - T2 - T2 - T1

Schedule:
10:00AM - Show up - Setup - Signups start for Melee Singles, Project M Singles, and Project M Doubles
12:00PM - Melee Singles Start/Project M Doubles Start
3:00PM - Project M Singles Start (Time subject to change depending on the time that Melee Singles/Project M Doubles ends)
Crew Battles - Will be played out after all other tournaments have been finished. If there is interest there can be area vs area or draft crew battles played.

Payout for all Singles events is 60/30/10.
Payout for Doubles events is 70/30, unless more than 8 teams are entered.

Tournament participants will be disqualified if they cannot be contacted within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason, let me or the representative calling out the matches know so we can figure out if you will be holding any part of the tournament(s) up.

Venue:

All That and a Bag of Chips Arcade
2271 South Peoria Street, Aurora, Colorado 80014

Located in Iliff Square, next to Qdoba.
There are also plenty of other food choices within 5 minutes of walking distance to include Subway, Panera Bread, etc.

Venue Description:

$5.00 venue fee gets you a random bag of snacks with: a bag of chips (of course), a drink, and two more random items. Come check it out to find out! Once in, you will be able to play all of your old favorite games as well as the newest ones. From Atari to PS4, form Sonic to COD Ghost, we have it all! Check us out!
NO TIME LIMIT, NO RE-BUY REQUIRED, NO BRAINER!

Arcade has one rule: RESPECT! You will respect the store, the games, the TV's, and the others who pwn you in your favorite game. Keep coming, get better then pwn them right back!

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. The venue has plenty of TV's but only several wiis with brawl so if you have a Wii with Brawl and Project: M or melee discs please bring them. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.
edit:
btw my next tournament is Pass the Salt 1, on March 22nd. Same building, going to be a different room though.

Last edited:

MK_ultra

Smash Rookie
so iv been playing PM a lot in denver and now im wondering when is the next tourney or where are some tourneys i can start going to?

Ace78839

Smash Rookie
The tournament planned on the 22nd of March to be held in Boulder, CO. has moved location to Aurora/Denver. Here are the new venue/tournament details:

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tournament Events:

Melee Singles
Crew Battles (If there is enough interest & time)

All events will be Double Elimination brackets, subject to change due to a smaller or larger number of entrants though.

Fees:

$5 Venue Fee
$5 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events (subject to change)

Rule sets:

Rules for all events are Apex Ruleset.

Singles (PM/Melee):
Entrants will be divided up into double elimination bracket pools. The size of each pool depends on the number of entrants. Those that advance through pools will be promoted to a Pro Bracket on winners side even if they were in losers side during pools. Those that do not advance through pools will be promoted to an Amateur Bracket. Again, all brackets are double elimination, no round robin pools.

Doubles (PM/Melee?):
Doubles will be a double elimination bracket unless enough people enter to warrant bracket pools.

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
* Giga Bowser is banned.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1
•All sets are Bo3 except WF's, LF's and GF's which are Bo5 (There are no stage bans in a Bo5)

Payouts:

Pro Bracket payout is 55/25/10. The remaining 10% will go towards the Amatuer Bracket and payouts will probably be 7/3.
Doubles payout is 60/30/10.

Schedule:

10:00AM - Show up/Setup/Signups start for Melee Singles, Project M Singles, and Project M Doubles
12:00PM - Project M Doubles Start
1:00/2:00 PM - Project M Singles Start (Time subject to change depending on the time that Project M Doubles ends)
Melee – Will be played out after Project M Singles are completed.
Crew Battles - Will be played out after all other tournaments have been finished. If there is interest there can be area vs area or draft crew battles played.

Leaving the venue:

Tournament participants will be disqualified if they cannot be contacted within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason let the T.O. or another representative calling out matches know so we can figure out if you will be holding any part of the tournament(s) up. If you are leaving and taking away a setup that you brought please let us know immediately so arrangements can be made.

Venue:

There are also plenty of other food choices within 5 minutes of walking distance to include Subway, Panera Bread, etc.

Venue Description:

$5.00 venue fee gets you a random bag of snacks with: a bag of chips (of course), a drink, and two more random items. Come check it out to find out! Once in, you will be able to play all of your old favorite games as well as the newest ones. From Atari to PS4, from Sonic to COD Ghost, we have it all! Check us out!

Arcade has one rule: RESPECT! You will respect the store, the games, the TV's, and the others who pwn you in your favorite game. Keep coming, get better then pwn them right back!

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. The venue has plenty of TV's but only several wiis with brawl so if you have a Wii w/Brawl and Project: M, melee discs, or crts please bring them. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
The Utah players have been talking about a tourney happening in CO the first week of April...but I haven't seen anything official on it yet. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
All that SMASH and a bag of chips tournament - March 22nd @All That and a Bag of Chips, Aurora CO
New Venue same CO Smash Hype! Come meet many of the area’s Melee and Project Melee players. This is a great opportunity to improve your technical skills, learn advanced game play/tactics and become a better overall player. Spread the word and help the local Smash Bros scene expand.

Tournament Events:

Melee Singles
Crew Battles (If there is enough interest & time)

All events will be Double Elimination brackets, subject to change due to a smaller or larger number of entrants though.

Fees:

$5 Venue Fee

Rule sets:

Rules for all events are Apex Ruleset.

Singles (PM/Melee):
Entrants will be divided up into double elimination bracket pools. The size of each pool depends on the number of entrants. Those that advance through pools will be promoted to a Pro Bracket on winners side even if they were in losers side during pools. Those that do not advance through pools will be promoted to an Amateur Bracket. Again, all brackets are double elimination, no round robin pools.

Doubles (PM/Melee?):
Doubles will be a double elimination bracket unless enough people enter to warrant bracket pools.

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
* Giga Bowser is banned.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1
•All sets are Bo3 except WF's, LF's and GF's which are Bo5 (There are no stage bans in a Bo5)

Payouts:

Pro Bracket payout is 55/25/10. The remaining 10% will go towards the Amatuer Bracket and payouts will probably be 7/3.
Doubles payout is 60/30/10.

Schedule:

10:00AM - Show up/Setup/Signups start for Melee Singles, Project M Singles, and Project M Doubles
12:00PM - Project M Doubles Start
1:00/2:00 PM - Project M Singles Start (Time subject to change depending on the time that Project M Doubles ends)
Melee – Will be played out after Project M Singles are completed.

Leaving the venue:

Tournament participants will be disqualified if they cannot be contacted within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason let the T.O. or another representative calling out matches know so we can figure out if you will be holding any part of the tournament(s) up. If you are leaving and taking away a setup that you brought please let us know immediately so arrangements can be made.

Venue:

Venue Description:

$5.00 venue fee gets you a random bag of snacks with: a bag of chips (of course), a drink, and two more random items. Come check it out to find out! Once in, you will be able to play all of your old favorite games as well as the newest ones. From Atari to PS4, from Sonic to COD Ghost, we have it all! Check us out!

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. The venue has plenty of TV's but only several wiis with brawl so if you have a Wii w/Brawl and Project: M, melee discs, or crts please bring them. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.
Pass the Salt 1 - April 5th @Wolf Law Library room 205, Boulder, CO
It's time for the first event in a new series, Pass the Salt 1! This tournament will be similar to past ones I've ran; it's really only a different series in name.

The tournament will take place in room 205 of the Wolf Law Library. This room is nearly double the capacity of our old one, so hopefully we won't run out of room for setups.

I haven't really enforced this in the past because it hasn't presented such a large problem before, but I will be DQ'ing people if I can't get in contact with them within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason, let me know so we can figure out if you'd be in danger of holding anything up. (You guys have generally been doing a great job with this, especially the new folk!)

EVENTS:
Brawl Singles Bracket
Brawl Doubles Bracket
Project M Singles Bracket
Project M Doubles Bracket
Melee Singles Bracket
(unlikely but possible) Melee Doubles Bracket

All singles events will be Double Elimination brackets, unless we reach more than 32 players for the event, in which case there will be a round of pools first. Doubles events will all be a single round robin unless there are 8 or more teams, in which case it will be changed into a double elimination bracket.

FEES:
$5 Venue Fee, waived for full setups
$10 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events.

RULES: (UPDATED TO APEX RULESET)
Brawl:
•MK Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- FD, BF, SV, Lylat, Yoshi's Island: Brawl
-Counterpicks:
--PS1, Castle Seige, Halberd

•Stagelist:

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1

Tentative Schedule:
10:00AM - Show up pls - Setup - Signups start for all Doubles events, Melee Singles
11:00AM - Setup check - If there are more than 8 setups for Melee, Melee Doubles will be considered.
12:00PM - Doubles Brackets, Melee Singles start. Signups for Brawl and PM Singles.
3:00PM - Brawl and Project M Singles Brackets start
9:00PM - Venue Closes

Payout for all Singles events is 60/30/10. Payout for Doubles events is 70/30, unless more than 8 teams are entered.

Venue:
Wolf Law Library room 205, 2450 Kittredge Loop Road - Boulder, Colorado 80309

Directions to get here:
-From US-36 (coming from Denver or otherwise south): Take the exit onto Baseline at the Denver Boulder Turnpike, where US-36 turns into 28th Street; turn left onto Baseline, then right onto Broadway, right onto Regent (it will be the first right turn), right onto Kittredge Loop Drive (it will be the second right), then head straight and turn left at the traffic circle, then turn right after passing a huge building (the Wolf Law building) into the parking lot and park.
-From CO-119 (coming from FoCo or otherwise north): Continue onto Foothills Parkway, turn left onto Baseline, then the directions are the same as above.
If you need further directions or help getting to the venue my number is 303-731-9386. As always, bring full setups.

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. Also, as usual, BRING SETUPS. If you have a Wii with Brawl and Project: M, bring it. If you have a relatively portable TV (or more than one), bring it. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.

Last edited:

ZootSuit

Smash Rookie

ZootSuit

Smash Rookie
Ouch, it looks like the bus ride would take around 2 hours including transfers. I might just try to catch around 3 hours of sleep and make sure to drink a bunch of coffee.

Rizen

Smash Legend
All the CO smashers are AWESOME!

Edit, my sleep's terrible. I can't make it to the event today :(

Last edited:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Results from Pass the Salt 1:

Project M Singles (44 entrants):
1: SNSG ($220)
2: Ace ($110)
3: Fish ($66)
4: Ferdi ($44)
5: Nite$
5: Lovo
7: Lee
7: COJoe
9: Keyo
9: X
9: DTL
9: Detta
13: EazyE
13: Matt
13: Lalo
13: JVCD
----Pools Cutoff----
17. Myst
17. Rubio
17. SpookyJ
17. Limbo
17. CaLvN
17. Rayon
17. BadWolf
17. Jekyll
25. Bounty
25. Peon
25. AngusBeef
25. Mikki
25. Sir+
25. AfroAlchemist
25. Primitive
25. Zeros
33. Ohana
33. Colus
33. Xaras
33. Lion
33. Shiny
33. PajamaMan
33. UpDog
33. OutPlayed Desu
33. TP
33. YourWifeAndKids
33. C-Stick
33. Death

Brawl Singles (21 entrants):
1: Fish ($126.00)
2: X ($63.00)
3: Rubio ($21.00)
4: Mars
5: Death
5: Lada
7: Isee
7: Avalon
9: Detta
9: Zeros
9: Lion
9: OutplayedDesu
13: Bees
13: Lalo
13: Jew
13: Jekyll
17: Lovo
17: Tane
17: Colus
17: Afro
17: Pwny
17: Jekyll

Melee Singles (27 entrants):
1: SNSG ($162.00)
2: Lovo ($81.00)
3: Ace ($27.00)
4: Afro
5: Lada
5: Lee
7: Jekyll
7: X
9: Mars
9: COJoe
9: Keyo
9: Roman
13: Detta
13: Rob
13: JCVD
13: Myst
17: Rockmix
17: 3mber
17: Brett
17: YourWifeAndKids
17: Connor
17: Silky
17: FlamingNips
17: Death
25: C-Stick
25: Zebra
25: TP

Brawl Doubles (10 teams):
1: TitsMcGee (Lada + X) ($60.00)
2: Team Ben (Death + Mars) ($30.00)
3: Sushi (Keyo + Fish) ($10.00)
4: Bombsquad (Rubio + DTL)
5: BirdJesus (Detta + Afro)
5: Super Sonic Butt Fisting (Tane + Rockmix)
7: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (Jekyll + Colus)
7: AppleBees (Bees + Mikki)
9: Can't it be both? (Zeros + Pwny)
9: Avalalo (Lalo + Avalon)

Project M Doubles (12 teams):
1: Sushi (Keyo + Fish) ($72.00)
2: G Loc (SNSG + EazyE) ($36.00)
3: MetaMarth (Detta + Ferdi) ($12.00)
4: KokiriWeed (Nite$ + Lovo)
5: TitsMcGee (Lada + X)
5: BJ Remix (Brian + Ace)
7: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (Jekyll + Colus)
7: Noah's Arc (Lion + Myst)
9: Alex and Alex (Limbo + Xaras)
9: Tails and Swords (Bounty + BadWolf)
9: NaCl (Rubio + Peon)
13: Team Mayweather (Death + Mars)

Brackets will be posted later.

Overall this tournament was kind of a disaster, we started our first events an hour late, people weren't playing their Doubles matches while they were still in Melee, Melee didn't finish until like 4, people left at random times for upwards of an hour to get food or smoke or something, had to migrate to Fishbait's house at 9 because the venue closed, singles events didn't finish until like 2 in the morning. Only important melee stuff got recorded since Joe had to leave with the recording stuff before top 3 of any other events.

I'm gonna start DQ'ing people.

Gavin D.

Smash Cadet
Hey so I got into netplay recently using dolphin, and a mayflash GC to USB adaptor. What does everyone use for the dead-zone and radius for their analog and c sticks? my courser moves really slow on the character selection screen and I cant fix it, also, what is the best way to calibrate the L an R triggers? thx

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
For my main stick, I have 100 radius, zero on everything else. On my C-stick, I have radius on 100 and deadzone on 10. Square stick on nothing.
As for the triggers, I THINK that the best way to calibrate the trigger's analog is to press them super softly, but the R and L themselves you have to slam down for Dolphin to register them as separate buttons.
I have my threshold on 70, but you might have to experiment for yourself.
Hope that helps some!

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm moving to CO in a few months and was wondering how serious the Melee scene is around Denver specifically, but Colorado as a whole. I'm looking to start competing in your tournaments as soon as I make it there. I've only been to a few down here, and had moderate (but escalating) success, and I really want to start playing the absolute best players possible, so who would that be in your state? Does anyone play on a daily basis? Anyway, thanks and I'm sure I'll see you guys at some tourneys soon!

Top Bottom