• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
No MK's at our future tournies from now on? Sounds pretty healthy, I shall now become the new Samboner.

Then again how will any of us get practice against MK for OoS stuff?

Bees!

Smash Ace
the only thing I saw in your post was boner. how odd it wasn't edited. MK is banned in tourneys. Also judging from the looks of things. He may end up getting banned other places too. He is practically killing the scene at this point.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
You now have the right to withdraw the "no homo" portion of the reply you made to Meno previously.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I regret to report that Enzymes of Destruction at Qdoba (Melee + Brawl) has been discontinued. We apologize to anyone who either attended or planned to attend in the future: I know this isn't fair to you guys, and we're all really sorry.

However, the fact remains that nobody has shown up for our last couple of meetings, and as such, it has become increasingly difficult to justify driving for an hour just so we (two guys who live in the same house and a girl who lives 5 min away) can play videogames together. This decision was especially painful due to the considerable and selfless efforts that were taken for us to keep EoD@Q going as long as it did, but in the end they were unable to outweigh the efforts taken against us for absolutely no adequate reason by a certain individual to completely discredit our club and sabotage all our efforts to gain new membership, mainly by negatively overemphasizing the minor requirement to purchase some token item from our sponsors (chips + salsa = $2) and attempting to smear my reputation with lies about me abusing my girlfriend (or whatever bull**** M___zor managed to come up with) (not to name names or anything 8D). This was the conclusion that Zim, Devondorf, and I arrived at today. We'll still try to show up for the meetings in CO Springs whenever we can. Thanks for all the good times!

And Moblin, if you're interested we can try to set up a more private place to play some Melee on your day off--we understand this decision is especially unfair for you, given all you have done for us.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Hi Dook!

Ok so I'm drunk right now buuuttttt...

Ugh I don't even want to say it.

And Zajice for current 2nd best poster in this thread. Massive increase from last list

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
His leg clashes with a sword. Kicking the opposite directions.

If I ever get in a fight against a guy with a knife I'll kick his slashes and out prioritize it! Thanks snake. Now I know. :D

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
that should be a semi-colon. ty come again
Says the guy who never learned how to capitalize, use periods at the end of sentences, or spell "thank you."

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/566/01/

"Use a colon to join 2 independent clauses when you wish to emphasize the second clause.
Road construction in Dallas has hindered travel around town: parts of Main, Fifth, and West Street are closed during the construction."​

As opposed to:

"Use a semicolon to join 2 independent clauses when the second clause restates the first or when the two clauses are of equal emphasis.
Road construction in Dallas has hindered travel around town; streets have become covered with bulldozers, trucks, and cones."​

Stop trolling. If you're going to troll, at least do it right: it's embarrassing for decent people to actually have to deal with such poor arguments and even poorer insults. How about when you apply for a job, I approach your employer with false accusations as to your character and work ethics--though I admit I'd have to be pretty ****ing imaginative to come up with accusations that actually are false--then a week later, come back and say, "It was all just a joke and that makes everything ok, hurr-di-durr!"

Stop trolling. Bad enough that you have to complain about Qdoba and personally insult me; worse that you do it despite supposedly having no problem with either. You wouldn't **** my child and expect to be invited to his birthday party; you don't sabotage my club and not expect due credit for its demise.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Sure Ferrish. I'm sorry I couldn't make it for the past couple of weeks, I've been incredibly busy. I dig setting up something more private though. Wherabouts do you live? Trying to gauge how far away you are.

Also, I have no idea wtf is going on with you guys and Mikezor. All I can glean from the situation is that Mike is being harsh for no reason. And without hearing his side of the story as to why he'd do something so mean for someone who's just trying to set up a melee scene... I'm just confused.

I can't and won't judge the situation. But I still want to play some melee, so hit me up.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
@Moblin It's cool, man. I understand people have lives outside of Melee (ironically, I just heard a sermon today about giving up frivolous things for the sake of important things). Trust me, I get why people who live farther away wouldn't want to spend around the same amount of time in transit as they would spend playing Melee at EoD@Q--I think about it every time I get a week off of college and drive for four days round-trip so I can spend five days at home--which is why we added Brawl to our lineup to try to draw in the more numerous local Brawl players. Even though I don't play Brawl, the fact is that it's the people who make the club, not the stuff you do there.

Anyways, enough Confucius talk. Here's the link for the Smash map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205980502505213870628.00048879314e40c922445&msa=0 Apparently, we live practically across the street from each other: I'm the red balloon (hearts, stars, and horseshoes, if you know what I mean ^_^) approximately four miles south of Moblin (1) and approximately seven miles south of Moblin (2). Txt me when/if you are ever available and we can set up something.

Don't feel obligated to take sides. My most recent posts somewhat exaggerate my anger towards Mikezor, but he needs a good kick in the pants. Hopefully, he'll have grown up a little by next summer, so we can glare at each other from across Final Destination like gentlemen rather than glare at each other from across the internet like kindergarteners.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I would just like to point out that Mikezor is one of the best trolls I have ever seen. When you can say like five words and consistently be met with paragraphs, that's pretty great.

Remember the magic way to beat trolls!

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm back. I love Ran but no MK makes me sad (even though I agree with him being banned lol). Also lol at the Genesis 2 stuff with M2K. The girl that he threw the matches against was my partner for doubles, Sade/Akira. Also I placed 33rd at Gen2, not bad but I'm still salty at my last set :c should've wonnn.

At Ran: when do you think the first event will come around? Sometime halfway through August?? No rush I'm just wondering so I can keep my schedule free.

Lastly now that MK is gonna be banned here I officially main Falco with Lucario as a strong secondary. woo

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm going to say that it'll be around the end of August. I need to verify that the venue that I have is going to be sufficient, and I have to square away a consistent schedule for the events with them first. I also have to job hunt. I'm extremely active right now, since I'm in the dead time before the move. ;d

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Says the guy who never learned how to capitalize, use periods at the end of sentences, or spell "thank you."

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/566/01/

"Use a colon to join 2 independent clauses when you wish to emphasize the second clause.
Road construction in Dallas has hindered travel around town: parts of Main, Fifth, and West Street are closed during the construction."​

As opposed to:

"Use a semicolon to join 2 independent clauses when the second clause restates the first or when the two clauses are of equal emphasis.
Road construction in Dallas has hindered travel around town; streets have become covered with bulldozers, trucks, and cones."​

Stop trolling. If you're going to troll, at least do it right: it's embarrassing for decent people to actually have to deal with such poor arguments and even poorer insults. How about when you apply for a job, I approach your employer with false accusations as to your character and work ethics--though I admit I'd have to be pretty ****ing imaginative to come up with accusations that actually are false--then a week later, come back and say, "It was all just a joke and that makes everything ok, hurr-di-durr!"

Stop trolling. Bad enough that you have to complain about Qdoba and personally insult me; worse that you do it despite supposedly having no problem with either. You wouldn't **** my child and expect to be invited to his birthday party; you don't sabotage my club and not expect due credit for its demise.
when you use capitals suddenly your imaginative accusations become true wow i did not know tat

sabotage... noone would have ever of come if i had never shown up. me and ferdi come bearing genuine kindness. then i try to get to know you and you **** all over me with your -social skills

btw if you have to go to owl purdue to prove a grammar point to a troll then maybe your priorities need to be redirected.

and semi-colon still does the job better

-Ran

Smash Master
So, I kinda forgot to tell you guys something. D: I actually have a two tv setup to play Smash in a car for when we go out of state. :D That means you can easily practice, regardless of what seat you're in since there is a generous amount of slack for the TV connections, and both tvs have two hours batteries + the capacity to charge either through outlets or normal car charger plugs. I also have an inverter, so yea. I had purchased it in preparation for Jnig and myself traveling again when I saw a deal on Newegg.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Colorado needs t'learn a thing or two about good 'ol southern hospitality.
I'd be more than happy to teach you the ways.

Bees!

Smash Ace
ESPY COME TEACH ME HOW TO NOT LOSE TO SONIC! X has Lada to practice the MU with. The only I know about the Sonic vs ROB MU is if he jumps on my head I most likely will turn back into a furry little creature and hop off screen. That and I can kill him when he has no more rings.
HEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!! PLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE?!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
ESPY COME TEACH ME HOW TO NOT LOSE TO SONIC! X has Lada to practice the MU with. The only I know about the Sonic vs ROB MU is if he jumps on my head I most likely will turn back into a furry little creature and hop off screen. That and I can kill him when he has no more rings.
HEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!! PLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE?!
I like the new lime color! :D

Btw, just play bowser, The MU's so horrible for sonic. If he tries to jump on your head he loses all his ring! Just don't get baited into ground pounding a hole threw the floor and falling to your doom!

Top Bottom