• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh, btw, you guys should come to the Salt Fest in Utah on May 10-11 next year as we're gonna have a huge tournament then. I can pretty much guarantee we'll be able to go see you guys before then (I for one will finally have my own car so I dont have to rely on other people who could fail me), so you should come out to see us then. :D And Im giving you guys a hell of a lot of planning time (like half a year) so NO EXCUSES!! :p

And btw, there will be basically all kinds of fighting games, not just brawl, so there will be stuff like Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Persona, Mortal Kombat, Playstation Allstars, etc, so you can obviously come and enter other stuff too. Im gonna try and get all the other neighboring scenes, like Vegas, AZ, etc to come out as well, so it should be awesome. There will also be online registration, although that wont start for at least another month or two, but Ill remind you guys and give you info on all that when the time comes.

But yeah, mark May 10th-11th on your calendars :D

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I could possibly come if there's someone with a car that can go.

Also, you guys should definitely come to the salt fest. It would be awesome to see you all there. :D

I'm pretty sure we could find housing for everyone that comes no problem.
:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Basically this ^

If someone has a car and can go, I can definitely tag along.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well, my wii just broke and I don't have the money to get it replaced. I guess this means no smash for me for a while :(
Not like I had someone near by to practice with that doesn't involve money I don't have and having a car in decent working condition. I really need to get a job :(

Bees!

Smash Ace
The disc reader doesn't work, and to my knowledge, I would need an external hardrive to use the backloader or the usb loader(and since I don't have any money...). My only chance at this point is if someone has a wii I can borrow. Otherwise it is likely that I will be taking a break from Brawl until I get a WiiU.(Which will probably be a little while) Then I will get a headstart on learning how to use the pro controller in anticipation for the next smash game(Here's for hoping for Tails Miles Prower and or Banjo Kazooie in the next Smash game.)
Probably not going to happen, but still hoping

Bees!

Smash Ace
Snackfoods are probably more expensive now. Dorritos is also probably in the works for Weed flavored chips. I honestly haven't noticed anything different.

Steam

Smash Hero
afaik all you need is a usb drive to use usb loader for deh wii. it requires some wizardry though. I know one seagull joe has it on his wii.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Snackfoods are probably more expensive now. Dorritos is also probably in the works for Weed flavored chips. I honestly haven't noticed anything different.
Well the law hasn't officially been set into motion yet. 3 days from now pot will be legalized.

However, the feds have been threatening to interfere and get it illegalized again. So...yea. Other states have got it legalized though so i'm not worried about them.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
They just jelly, cuz they don't live in CO. :cool:

Hey, hey!
Whatever happened to Zajjy-boo-any-who?
..Er Zajice.
I never did get to meet him. :<

Bees!

Smash Ace
I found a website for the usbloader. Gonna try and do it over the winter break. Maybe Steam will visit teh Springs so he can help me shake the rust off as well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The more I see of PS All Stars, the more I think 'how much can they rip off Brawl'? *Story mode /no spoilers*

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The story mode is nothing like brawl lol, its like arcade mode of a fighting game, go through a bunch of random fights against random characters, then fight your rival 1v1, then fight the boss. Brawl has Subspace which is way different (and better imo).

And the actual gameplay is a lot different too, but I digress.

Rizen

Smash Legend
In design it looks like a ripoff. It has the subspace hexagon theme, subspace clones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMx5vKt23k&feature=player_detailpage#t=128s with the boss who looks like a fighting polygon from the 1st SSBs. I guess he was a discarded mascot.
The fight layout is like a more traditional fighter (Soul Calibur 3 comes to mind) with rival scenes etc. I'm not saying it's a bad game but it has a strong rip-off vibe :/

edit: no spoiler for links

-Mars-

Smash Hero
They should have just completely ripped off brawl, game physics and everything and had the way you kill each other the exact same. Basically Brawl with a different brand.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wasnt aware Brawl had a hexagon theme, but neither does Allstars. The allstars theme is Circles, Triangle, Squares, and Crosses (due to those being the four buttons on the controller), and the ONLY time in the whole game where you even see hexagons is when against Polygon Man, do to them matching his look.

And as for Polygon Man (final boss), hes there for nostalgic purposes as he was the original Playstation Mascot, but was abandoned a LONG time ago. Like, around when smash 64 came out a long time ago. So saying 'Polygon Man is a rip off of Brawl' isnt true at all because the guy existed FAR BEFORE Brawl, and even Melee, and the whole premise and idea of him as the boss is because hes back for revenge due to him being pissed they forgot about him when he supposed to be the face of the company. Im not saying Smash ripped it off by any means, and Im not saying theyre not similar, but that one situation with him was quite literally just a straight up coincidence that looks close to Smash, but wasnt influenced by it at all.

So similar? Yes, definitely, I mean, the main idea behind the game was influenced by Smash, and theyve never denied that. As for graphical themes, bosses, etc, while those are coincidentally similar when you take a step back and look at it, that part was actually not influenced by Smash in the slightest.

Brawls Story mode is definitely better though, Allstars' story is just standard arcade mode with individual intros, outros, and rival cutscenes for everyone, Brawl has a legit full out story.

Dat wall.

EDIT: lol, if that were the case, Ratchet would be super OP. He has basically DK's fthrow with D3s grab range and the ability to do a true meteor throw straight down lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
lol @ all the spoilers

So saying 'Polygon Man is a rip off of Brawl'
with the boss who looks like a fighting polygon from the 1st SSBs. I guess he was a discarded mascot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=10f_2gspOjQ#t=253s

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I still dont see how Subspace, or the final tabuu fight stage, has anything to do with hexagons. I guess there are like, 2 random half hexagons in the background, but aside from that, I dont see anything related to that shape whatsoever in the stage.

And if youre just talking the other dimension look, how many games in existence have that as a final stage? Tons, its not just a Brawl thing, lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
And Subspace is a lot like O2's world in Kirby and the Crystal Shards (which has hexagons, subspace is less consistent) to be fair.

I was thinking of this. Subspace was probably inspired by it. The great maze is basically Kirby and the Amazing Mirror's map system.

Not to overlook the forest for the trees, All Stars' image for their 'other world' and its clones is ripping off the subspace theme.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The Great Maze is the worst thing about Brawl.

And that's saying something.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I don't know about All Stars ripping off Brawl. That would be something that blatantly repackages something else and claims it as it's own design or creation. If anything you have shown that it pays homage to Brawl and is inspired by Brawl. Which makes more logical sense given that this game is a freerange 2-d fighter/beat-em up and at this time the only other game of that genre that is popular outside of Japan is the Super Smash series.

Top Bottom