• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College Station: v2012 Almost Zombies

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's almost a 50/50 mu for both of them, and i just figured with tl, i could be spaced away enough and still do dmg like rob

bar90

Smash Rookie
Hey, a couple of friends and I just found this page. There's around 5-6 of us that like to play SSB and SSBM. Who do we need to talk to to get some games set up?

Trott

Smash Rookie
Yes more players! Just posting here is a good way of getting some games up. Most of the time we play at Light's (Lekki) place.

Maybe we should have a smash fest this weekend?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
ZO
M
G

Well you came to the right page/thread to do so! I'll fix the contact numbers on the front page, but you can generally just post here and one of us will see it.

The weekend is almost up and I'm just about done finishing my chores and what not x____x . If you all are up for playing tomorrow, I'm down.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
hey guise, some guy on facebook has a group of his own that play Brawl and smash in general and might have a smashfest this weekend xD . I asked them how often they played and he said "all the time", so new recruits? I'll post an update as soon as I know any more deetz~

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
DEF cannot make that D; ....that is so far :x + money johns atm

soz Aff~

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Well good luck with that man! We gotta hold at least a prexmas smashfests

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm possibly free...Although I just applied to a jerb so that might be my only john x:

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Idk, haven't had a smashfest and they said they'd invite the next smashfest they have, but I'll drop them a message today. At Light's after 5 today?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Dang, hard john's
j/k, but good luck n____n

I'm still down to play if anyone else wants to.

iLight

Smash Lord
Yo everyone, hope everyone had a good break, im still getting settled into my new schedule but should be able to play by next weeked if you guys are down.

Also if everyone could do me a favor, they reenabled the stage browser for smashboards, and I will be loading the stages that I have linked on the first page up to the website, if you could at least go on there and rate it high/maybe even download it once? It would be cool if other places played the same fun stages that we do here in CS

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, it lives~ . I'll be sure to update the front page with an y new content. And yeah Nike, when's the tourney? Also, I do plan on wanting to host at least ONE tourney here in Cstat again, most likely at CiCi's, I'm just not sure when, but I'd like a good turn out :3

iLight

Smash Lord
does CiCi's even have enough room? Not to mention gatti town is always where we did it before and even though we have to start at 3 and end at 10, i doubt enough people would come to c-stat that we couldn't finish it in that time

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
does CiCi's even have enough room? Not to mention gatti town is always where we did it before and even though we have to start at 3 and end at 10, i doubt enough people would come to c-stat that we couldn't finish it in that time
Yeah, meant Gatti's my bad ><. Set-ups shouldn't be an issue btw as I think I can still strike a partnership dealio, or w/e, with that store at the mall .

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet
I could drive if we decide go to Nikefest. And about a C-Stat tourney, we'd most likely need a place for people to stay if we want a big tourney. That game store in the mall moved too, they're over by Whataburger now

iLight

Smash Lord
I could drive if we decide go to Nikefest. And about a C-Stat tourney, we'd most likely need a place for people to stay if we want a big tourney. That game store in the mall moved too, they're over by Whataburger now
^^ this

also which whataburger?

and on a 2nd also i'd be down to play tomorow or saturday before 5 if people want to call/txt me when they are down

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I'm feeling Saturday also, AND def down for driving down to Nikefest's . Although I might be able to play today too

iamjoel5

Smash Rookie
I went into the new location of FX games yesterday (next to Spec's) and spent quite a bit of time talking with the manager and he told me that his main objective is promoting the store through tournaments. He mentioned many games available for tournaments such as: black ops, halo, ssbb, madden, etc. His single limitation now is that the owner is just sitting on the store revenue in Waco (or some other city) so he is only approved to do so many tourneys depending on whether the owner finds it profitable or not (in the sense of promotional activities). He explained he hosts the tournaments in store and really needs to get the word out further so that the owner will accept more budget changes to include his promotional tournaments. I spent a significant amount of the conversation telling him about the ssbb scene around here and that we have 2 players in CS who attended MLG for ssbb (loko & light). He sounded very excited about it so if you intend to host a tourney, definitely get with the manager of FX because I'm sure he would be happy to host.

FYI: In the past, he has used promotional items from game vendors, store credit, and video games as tournament prizes bundled along with a membership (discount) to FX Games. He is very open to suggestions on this and was fine with cash prize, given people bring an admission fee.

This guy is very excited to gather the gaming community in college station and told me by the end of the year intends to purchase FX Games.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Sounds awesome Joel! If it's the same owner of FX that was at the mall, Light and I have spoken to him before, hence the promotional dealio I mentioned earlier. I had been thinking instead of promoting a tournament first, we try to get the word of a Brawl/Smash group here in Cstat/Bryan. I saw some Tekken flyers last semester about trying to get ppl together to have a tournament.

I say Gatti's + FX sponsorship = GREAT SUCCESS

iLight

Smash Lord
i say minimum of 30 players = great success, but then again the last time that happened i had the hardest tournament in texas of that season, top 30 players in tx were there... too many of them to name, but yeah, honestly those are the only ones who still attend tournaments outside of their main city, and i doubt that many of them would come without good incentive (just trying to be realistic) not bring people down. And honestly without good housing it would be hard to host it still, even when we still had Bear to house, it was pretty small... so yeah if you want to host it, i'm down to try, and i'll help promote however you decide to, but it will be hard b/c we don't have a big player base here to help add to the pot

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Well that's why I want to see how many people we find. I wouldn't mind helping host other tournaments as well. I'd be happy to even find a group of new faces to play smash with and having small tournaments and the like; we can always go to HOBO or SA for "major" tournies.

As far as housing goes, I might be able to house if it ever comes to it. I'll start on a flyer or something this weekend.

iLight

Smash Lord
new things are new and shiny, on an unhappy side note that has opened up my schedule, i had a seizure the night before last and now i'm at home for a bit and will be down to play some brawl if anyone wants to come over and keep me company, just shoot me a txt

Top Bottom