• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College Station: v2012 Almost Zombies

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm hoping these new guys want to continue to get better. So far, most smashfests have been just FFA's and teams due to lack of setups and lots of ppl, which is still fun considering teams let's us all use our characters strategically to some level and more of us get to play at a time. Although, I do think to get to that next step is to start going back to 1v1's and practicing your favorite character. Maybe we need a strategy for when there's lots of us, lol (like maybe 1-2 FFAs/Teams, then 1-2 1v1's, and then repeat)

But ya, the venue we have is perfect for tournies (unlimted food AND a party room), it may be housing that is an issue, but again, want to start off with small tournies first. We even have a place here that would sponsor us by providing not onlly FULL setups, but even prizes as well (Tshirts, posters, etc. I'd even be allowed to design them~). All these resources, yet no real scene/interest, so I think, I will start talking to them more, and try creating various fighting tournies (UMvC3, SSF4, BB, etc) and start piquing ppls interest [ I N C E P T I O N]

Sieguest

Smash Master
Tales of the Abyss occupying my life outside of school.... O. O
Howdy all! Also, when are these smashfests happening by the way? I know it may have been posted earlier but I missed it/ forgot. Kind of resolving to actually try and get into those instead of being -distracted-.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Tales of the Abyss occupying my life outside of school.... O. O
Howdy all! Also, when are these smashfests happening by the way? I know it may have been posted earlier but I missed it/ forgot. Kind of resolving to actually try and get into those instead of being -distracted-.
Usually during the week actually, so typically you're busy we assume xP. We had a small one this passed Sunday, but it's been common to play at least 1-2 times a week at Joel's "venue". I'll be at a con this weekend so won't be able to join in any weekend smash, but ya, we'll keep trying to post on here when things be going down; usually mass texts have been successful.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Soz Blondie, can't go, but next time I'm in town I'll be sure to hit u guys up :3, as always~

iLight

Smash Lord
So to everyone still here in college station who checks this, Project M is amazing and since discovering it I no longer think I am going to continue playing regular brawl. Anyone who does not know what this is, should research it!!

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Alright so Project:M V2 is finally out, AND IT IS THE BEST THING EVER
http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/ EVERYONE SHOULD GET IT AND GET GOOD
Me and AJ have put a dent in it...so..so good

Also, MSC is finally open, and the gaming pods are pretty kool, hoping to set up a regular thing next semester.

Sorry been hella busy and by this weekend, I should -finally- have more free time.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Also, MSC is finally open, and the gaming pods are pretty kool, hoping to set up a regular thing next semester.
Standing at parade rest for half an hour at the dedication..... worth it to how awesome the MSC is.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Project M pretty fun so far. Definitely looking to being able to play it with someone offline. Online it flows too weird.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Project M pretty fun so far. Definitely looking to being able to play it with someone offline. Online it flows too weird.
Project:M can be the "next" smash scene/ for tournament play <3
Like, aside from the glitches, overall everyone seems capable of holding their own + the fact that it can be updated is sex

Sieguest

Smash Master
There was a bomb threat on campus. Classes were cancelled and everybody had to evacuate. Really sucked because I had to stay off campus in uniform. <.<

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it delayed us leaving to oni-con on Friday and everyone was luckily able to nab their things just as we headed out around 4, but htown traffic to galveston was brutal as f**k.

Won the Brawl tourney though lol...

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Dude if you want xP I won't be here this Friday again though, but if you will be playing at the MSC sometime this week I could stop by.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Kool kool, been absent from friday nights at the msc because of travel and happenings every weekend, but I'll be there for sure this fri

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Region: Southwest
Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
This is the first tournament of the currently unofficial Super Smash Bros Club at Texas A&M, anyone will be welcome to participate. This will be Singles and Doubles tournament. Entry fee of $10 for Singles and $5 each in Doubles. Will be cash prizes, gift cards, etc. Currently no bans. Likely to be 3 stock, 5-8 minute matches for Singles, 4 stock, 8 minutes for Doubles with Team Attack On. Planning on implementing seeds, instead of winner/loser bracket. Will probably also have extra TV's available for casual gaming (It doesn't have to be Brawl). Tournament will be held at Clockwork Gaming (903 Harvey Road, College Station, 77840) It can be kind of hard to find, so just hit me up if you get lost (I'll post my number closer to the tournament day). If you are interested, email or pm me so I can get a rough headcount. Email is jtglover08@gmail.com. I'm hoping for about 50 people, so the pot should be pretty nice. Also, only controller restriction is no macro button.....but come on, we're all men of integrity.

Hope you can join us!

-Adhoctor
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330631

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude you don't need one for P:M. Just go in, all I do now in that game.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Saturday's tourney was excellent! I loved the turnout and greatly appreciate everyone who went! I am definitely planning more tournies/events.

But anyway, I have few hours this LAST semester of mine, so if anyone is up for practice (Brawl, P:M, Mahvel, etc) just hit me up as I'll likely be free most of the time.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
noooooo~ Well AJ I'll def hit you up whenever I'm around htown! Gonna start making frequent tournies now so maybe you could make a guest appearance one of these days :3

Top Bottom