• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
so m22k posted this yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylsXKpbUXsg

I don't know if you guys want to do anything about that

I mean, the shadows are clearly fixed now, but the stage is bigger and platformless.

Just sayin'.
The platformed stage was made from mine, shadows have always been fine on mine. Is just that the one who made the platformed version resized the stage but didn't resize the shadows.

I may make my own version with platforms with that same setup one of these days.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
The also did some whack things with the animations (or something) that create a weird visual glitch between the platforms if you put them in certain places. This is only apparent when you try and DO anything with them though.

Edit: What's the reason for not fixing the MKPM shadows then? ;)
+ this is Bamesy

Why did you take Mewtwo out?
I'm planning long-term here. ;)
Turns out it wasn't very 'long' term.

EDIT
It'll be interesting to see how M2Stadium works out in 3.0. If it comes into the game remaining ascetically somewhat bland, and either with the common platform layout or the FD substitute variation, I'll mod it again, but hopefully it turns out well.

With Mewtwo in 3.0, I suspect there's going to be a re-make of the original stage by M2000 anyway.

This was gonna be released with the Complete Extension Package for 2.6b, but I think 3.0 miiiiight come out before we're done, so figured this would be worth uploading in the meantime.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9eusyk1ag6qirsi/STGFINALPOKEBATTLEARENA.pac
It's an adjusted layout with functional issues fixed, a pink-tinted background (the moon you saw from Xeno), and no Mewtwo. If someone is to play on a version of the stage for competition reasons, I'd suggest this one for the time being.

It still has shadow over-extensions on the sides (less noticeable with the darker background), and a graphical effect from platforms overlaying in the middle that's hardly noticeable. We won't bother further with this stage unless we're almost done and 3.0 still isn't out. Have fun!

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
I used to have a custom stage that was clock-tower themed with two high side platforms and one low one in the middle.
Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't find it again.

XerotheInfinite

Smash Rookie
NNID
XerotheInfinite
3DS FC
3780-9220-2814
I think all pretty cool! I've seen most of them before on YouTube I just don't know how to get them and put them on Project M :(

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
I think all pretty cool! I've seen most of them before on YouTube I just don't know how to get them and put them on Project M :(
It's quite easy...if you have the homebrew versions all you have to do is click on the private, and keep clicking on each folder until you reach a large group of folders (system, stage, sound)...simply place them in the stage-melee-place here. For smashville, you need to have STGVILLAGE_00,STGVILLAGE_01....all the way through STGVILLAGE_04.

You'll have 5 stagevillages in total. Pm me if you need any help. It also might not be working because you simply might be dragging and dropping. That wont work because some stages are not named appropriately. I'll send you the name of the stages or a link to a guide if you need more help...a quick google seach of "texture hack database smash" will probably help you.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's just Brawl's FD recolored... You could probably just port the texture file since P:M's FD already uses a recolor of the Brawl background.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Oh look, it's my favorite thread <3
I wish people would put up some songs to go up with these stages tho~
I always spend so much time just trying to find a song to fit the stage.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Who's ready for most of these textures to be obsoleted yet again once 3.0 comes out and waiting another 6 months for people to update them? :D

Oh look, it's my favorite thread <3
I wish people would put up some songs to go up with these stages tho~
I always spend so much time just trying to find a song to fit the stage.
I've posted some of my personal songs here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-project-m-brstm-thread.332033/page-6#post-15734360
I have updated that post with new stuff a few times, and whenever I find a new themed texture that I like, I spend a while trying to set all of its music. I'll probably post more once I get back into P:M with 3.0.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Xenozoa, out of every stage texture, I will cry real tears if you don't update your sunset smashville one accordingly.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
No worries mate, I love that stage too much to let it go ignored. In fact, I might try to add some more aesthetics, like a really stripped down Pirate Ship model and animate it in the background. Maybe some islands or something too, who knows.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I'm such a n00b. Is there a tutorial thing that can help me out with this...?
You need help installing a stage texture? I'll assume you're using hackless. So, lets say you want to a texture for Smashville. You download the texture, go to stages, then melee in your SD card, place the texture in there and name it STG[whatever the stage is supposed to be named here...I actually don't remember what you name Smashville].pac

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
For more detail, the directory where stage files are in your SD card is
private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee

You'll see files there that say STG[Stage name].pac. For example, Smashville would be STGVILLAGE.pac, and Final Destination would be STGFINAL.pac. If there's a texture you like, download it, and put it in this folder and replace the one inside. Sometimes the downloaded file will be already named appropriately. For example, if you download a Final Destination texture, it may already be named STGFINAL.pac in the download. However, sometimes it won't. Sometimes the file name would be something like FinalSunsetTexture.pac or something. You must rename it to the stage that your replacing in order for the hack to work. So say you're replacing Final Destination, you'd rename FinalSunsetTexture.pac into STGFINAL.pac, replace the file inside the folder, and you're done. For stages, .pac files are the stage textures, so those are the ones you'll be looking for.
IMPORTANT: Should the downloaded .pac file not be named for a given stage (like FinalSunsetTexture.pac), you MUST rename it to the correct stage explained in the download. Certain textures ONLY fit with certain stages. If the downloaded stage texture is meant for Final Destination, it will only work with Final Destination. If you rename it to STGVILLAGE.pac, it will not work on Smashville. It is possible to have it work on Smashville, but it would require using an extra .rel file that may or may not be included in the main download.

You can look for further customization for stages by looking into things like Brawlbox or the ASL Tool.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm sad at how there's no 2.6b lylat cruises, especially given how a lot of the lylat textures have a lot less eye-retching backgrounds, while still being pretty

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
For more detail, the directory where stage files are in your SD card is
private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee

You'll see files there that say STG[Stage name].pac. For example, Smashville would be STGVILLAGE.pac, and Final Destination would be STGFINAL.pac. If there's a texture you like, download it, and put it in this folder and replace the one inside. Sometimes the downloaded file will be already named appropriately. For example, if you download a Final Destination texture, it may already be named STGFINAL.pac in the download. However, sometimes it won't. Sometimes the file name would be something like FinalSunsetTexture.pac or something. You must rename it to the stage that your replacing in order for the hack to work. So say you're replacing Final Destination, you'd rename FinalSunsetTexture.pac into STGFINAL.pac, replace the file inside the folder, and you're done. For stages, .pac files are the stage textures, so those are the ones you'll be looking for.
IMPORTANT: Should the downloaded .pac file not be named for a given stage (like FinalSunsetTexture.pac), you MUST rename it to the correct stage explained in the download. Certain textures ONLY fit with certain stages. If the downloaded stage texture is meant for Final Destination, it will only work with Final Destination. If you rename it to STGVILLAGE.pac, it will not work on Smashville. It is possible to have it work on Smashville, but it would require using an extra .rel file that may or may not be included in the main download.

You can look for further customization for stages by looking into things like Brawlbox or the ASL Tool.
Thanks. That about helps me out. My only remaining question is: Can more than one color texture for a stage exist on the SD card? Say for example, I wanted red and blue FD, meaning I'd like the option to switch out, would I be able to do that, or can I only have 1, and adding more requires me to replace the red code with the blue entirely?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Thanks. That about helps me out. My only remaining question is: Can more than one color texture for a stage exist on the SD card? Say for example, I wanted red and blue FD, meaning I'd like the option to switch out, would I be able to do that, or can I only have 1, and adding more requires me to replace the red code with the blue entirely?
If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to use more than one texture one stage, right? You can use something called the ASL Tool, which allows you to put two textures in one stage.

I'll give you a rough summary of how to do it. Once you download the ASL Tool, place it in the codes folder. There should be another file in this folder called RSBE01.gct. Now before you do anything else, get your two Final Destination textures and name them STGFINAL_A.pac and STGFINAL_B.pac and place it in the folder where you keep the stage textures. Remember to delete the existing STGFINAL.pac in that folder already.
Run the ASL Tool and click "Add ASL code." Where it says Stage Code, type in the first four letters of your stage code discluding STG. For example, if you want to edit Smashville (stage code is STGVILLAGE.pac) then you would type VILL in the box. In your case, Final Destination would be FINA. After typing this, click Add Stage and your corresponding stage code should appear in the right-hand textbox. Select this stage and under Randoms, put the number of stages you want to vary. In your case, it would be 2. Take note that this means whenever you select the stage in the game, it will randomly choose either texture to appear.
If you want to use a specific button combination that let's you manually choose the texture in-game, click the plus sign next to the Button Combos and press Edit Buttons. Under Number of combinations, write 2 (since that's how many textures you're implementing). On the top-right corner, type in the letter name that corresponds with the stage you want this button combination to apply to. Click the boxes that correspond the buttons that you want to use to select the stage. I'd recommend to always use A+ another button like A + L (note: this code assumes you use a GC Controller). Press Apply and then Press "Next" and the Current Combination should say 2. Add your other button combination, select the letter of the stage in the top right-hand corner, and press Apply. You should be all done after that.
This should be obvious, but if you ever want to add more stages, just rename them as STG[insert stage here]_A (or B, C, D, etc.).pac.

Here's the download link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742
Here's a video tutorial:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
For reference:

Stages

- The camera on all stages was sped up slightly
- SSE Jungle was reskinned with Pikmin elements. Renamed "Distant Planet"
- Pokémon Stadium 1 moved back to page 1
- Added Peach's Castle to Page 2, replaces Mario Circuit
- Added Training Stage to Page 2
- Norfair's platforms now expand and contract further and into more positions. The main platform is larger with a new model, and the entire stage was lowered relative to the blastzones
- Widened the side blastzones of Metal Cavern
- Slightly raised the ceiling blastzone of Warioware
- Raised the ceiling blastzone of the following stages: Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Green Hill Zone, Halberd, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Skyworld, Skyloft, Lylat, Metal Cavern, and Smashville
- Significantly raised the ceiling blastzone of Dracula's Castle
- Numerous Aesthetic improvement to Fountain of Dreams

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
It's in the Complete Extension package. The thread is in the Custom section somewhere, but it's a 2.6b thing, just dig them out (there's lots of goodies in there)

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Guys, my friend was using old textures and I was wondering if that actually leads to problems. I mean, if all that changed for most stages were the vertical blast zones increasing, what happens when you use a 2.6b texture?

The_NZA

Smash Lord
To solve this problem, I went ahead and used .rel files to change one of my stages to FD (in this case, turned the snake stage to a fire final d). This is IMO much easier, and also allows you to have a new set of songs for that stage.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Guys, my friend was using old textures and I was wondering if that actually leads to problems. I mean, if all that changed for most stages were the vertical blast zones increasing, what happens when you use a 2.6b texture?
Nothing but desyncs online and inferior gameplay compared to updated cameras and blastzones.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
inferior gameplay compared to updated cameras and blastzones.
What does this mean, exactly? Will the blastzones not resemble the new ones? As I understood it, a texture was purely aesthetic, not gameplay dependent. Visual cues might differ but the stage's blastzones will be PM 3.0 blast zones. Is that not correct?

Also, is the camera then just a 2.6b camera or is it just slightly worse at following the action.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The values for cameras and blastzones are in the stage files themselves. If you have a 3.0 replay on Dracula's Castle and view it on 2.6b, it'll desync because the camera isn't the same and the ceiling blastzone is lower than it is in 3.0.

Top Bottom