• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irsic

Smash Ace
If you can pull a reverse b reversal starting one frame after a jump (that's 4 inputs in 5 frames, 3 within 2 frames that must be frame perfect and one that comes 3 frames later for a total of 4 separate button presses in 1/12th of a second) you are my hero.

If you can do it consistently, then you're not human. I'm not kidding.

@skift, are you talking about just hitting them twice or so offstage? Also, welcome to smashboards ^_^
What action are you talking about here, exactly?

Also can you find out how many frames you have to thunderslide?

Levitas

the moon
I guess I can find the window, but it won't be until later this week, and it'll be a bit tricky to do so, lol.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
when Lucas grabs an opponent, and the opponent release, how many lag frames does Lucas get?
i mean, everybody knows that Bowser can react pretty fast, but i feel that Lucas react slower than most of the characters

Irsic

Smash Ace
Alright so, I've never seen this discussed once here before, or have I ever seen it talked about, but I just found this in Earthbound360's Ness guide, and it applies to Lucas as well.

Thunder Shift

This was brought to my attention by my good friend Ref. Apparently, you can control PKT with the C-stick.

Now let me provide details. First of all, this can be done with teh C-stick set to smashes or specials. It may be possible with the C-stick set to tilts, but I have not tested that yet. If someone wants to test that for me, that would be nice.

So to use this, use PKT of course, then tap the C-stick in the direction you want PKT to shift.

This doesn't actually control PKT in the sense that the control stick does. It slightly shifts towards the direction input. I mean very slightly, at almost an impossible angle to press with just the control stick.

This is most effective with the C-stick set to smashes. It goes a very nice distance and can be tapped repeatedly. With the B-stick however, the effects are more minimal. You must smash the C-stick constantly instead of just tapping it sideways like with the smash C-stick. Also, you cannot tap as rapidly because you have to let the C-stick return to the neutral position. The best way to thunder shift with the C-stick set to specials is to flick the stick to the side and let go. Repeatedly using either method will move PKT more and more in that direction.

This is useful because, like I said earlier, making PKT move that slightly is nigh impossible with the control stick alone. Here are some ways you can use this.
I've never seen this talked about here before, and right now this is a great improvement to PKT.

In the air, doing the tightest, fastest circle you can with PKT, you can greatly increase the angle upwards by doing this.

PKT is now feels faster, and easier to control, allowing you to move it in even tighter circles. God, this is making shooting myself straight vertically so much easier.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Levitas could we get a gif of those 4 frames of invincibility? I'm still pretty lost on when they happen.

No, I don't have a video. You can just go play around with it in training mode, though. <_< It feels like it has a pretty obvious effect.

Levitas

the moon
Irsic, get a squirtle and lucas to stand next to each other, squirtle facing lucas.

Pause.

Hold up C on lucas and A on squirtle.

Unpause.

Watch squirtle's hit not happen till frame 5. Compare with unpausing without lucas hitting up C.

Or, do it with zss and don't actually get hit at all.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i did some thundershifting today
i like that the circle is tighter because u can use it to protect the edge's of the stage when someone is trying to recover

prOAPC

Smash Lord

c3gill

Smash Ace
that 2nd match listed, where you hit with your Magnet and immediatly grabbed... that was very nice.

If you honestly think FH Mag Pull combos are going to improve the metagame, you should make a list of percentages of characters and what moves flow well after hitting with the Magnet (because at certain percentages, characters have too much knockback from the attack of the Magnet). It would be even better if the Magnet had a set knockback, so it would be much easier to pull stuff like this off- but you managed nicely.

that 1st dair footstool video was NUTS. that was amazing. Good stuff man, i really enjoyed the videos.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
that 2nd match listed, where you hit with your Magnet and immediatly grabbed... that was very nice.

If you honestly think FH Mag Pull combos are going to improve the metagame, you should make a list of percentages of characters and what moves flow well after hitting with the Magnet (because at certain percentages, characters have too much knockback from the attack of the Magnet). It would be even better if the Magnet had a set knockback, so it would be much easier to pull stuff like this off- but you managed nicely.

that 1st dair footstool video was NUTS. that was amazing. Good stuff man, i really enjoyed the videos.
magnet pull gives you an extra momentum after you use the psi magnet, i've been able to combo it to jab, nair and grab, sorry but it's hard for me to calculate how many frames you have to make a combo. If the psi magnet it fresh, it's hard to combo after your opponent is 10% or more, i know, it sucks, but look at Irsic (combo) videos and see how he uses full hop magnet pull as an spacing tool. I think it's pointless to get some data of a combo that is hard to pull off.

dair+foostool works on any character, i've done it in real fights vs Olimar, and at the same time vs DK, so size doesn't matter. At higher % it doesn't work, but it doesn't matter because you have a dtilt lock

c3gill

Smash Ace
magnet pull gives you an extra momentum after you use the psi magnet, i've been able to combo it to jab, nair and grab, sorry but it's hard for me to calculate how many frames you have to make a combo. If the psi magnet it fresh, it's hard to combo after your opponent is 10% or more, i know, it sucks, but look at Irsic (combo) videos and see how he uses full hop magnet pull as an spacing tool. I think it's pointless to get some data of a combo that is hard to pull off.
lol i didnt mean you specifically, APC- I was using the word "you" speaking generally. my bad, if i was speaking in proper english I would have typed "one" rather than "you", lol. again, my bad.

i mentioned it because Ive tried a few times in some matches do get these off, but i generally fail because of the amount of knockback. I seem more prone to whack people with my magnet when recovering with a Magnet Pull, or waiting around for a Pika or Falco to approach me (release as they attack, unless they are coming by air, of course)- and its typically hard for me to combo these. :ohwell:

I just wish we had a generic combo with our magnet.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I personally don't really try to use it as an attack, I find it to be better used as a spacing tool, exactly as APC said. It's really easy to throw your opponent off and get SH nair or a FHFF dair.

c3gill

Smash Ace
yo....
lucas is brawl plus is amazing!!!
his aerials are soooo fast! i've been playing it all day :mad:
its soooo sexy

:094:
I meant to ask someone about this, you gotta run homebrew for Brawl+?

im interested.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
no it cant
the last hit still sends them away.

dthrow to utilt doesnt work on samus
uair is nice. i like uair to fair =]
u can hit with utilt many times in a row now.
i like the other characters more than lucas tho. i actually like all the space animals now and i like DK now too =]
idk how soon i can get videos up. ZapCannon and school is taking up alot of time, but i'll try get some up eventually.

GALICK GUN :mad::mad::mad:

:094:

c3gill

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187501

I was looking around on the Stage discussion and I saw this- and it doesnt make any sense to me.

help me out- I really dont see Final Destination as a "bad" Lucas stage. It gives us plenty of spacing room, and it doesnt have walls or uneven ground to screw our fire game up.

I would go so far as to argue that a defensive Lucas has an advantage on FD, because most opponents will be forced to approach him on this stage (with the notable exceptions of Snake and Yoshi), as Lucas can easily reflect or absorb most projeciles used by his campy opponents. This, accompanied with Lucas' ability to punish flawed approaches, gives (in my mind) a defensive Lucas an advantage over most characters.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Tap Jump: do yall play on or off? WHY?

For Lucas I have tap jump on. I feel like it increases my aerial mobility, and I feel more comfortable playing with it set this way. Generally If I am double jumping I use up on the stick, but if I am only jumping once I use L, which I also set to jump. what about yall?

Irsic

Smash Ace
Off, can't stand it.

Levitas, can you check hitstun from Lucas' dash attack? I may just be imagining things, but I feel like I'm practically always able to combo out of it at medium to low %'s. As bad as it is, I've done several dash attack -> fair / uair kills.

Also I had a question for you that I put in the Q & A thread. D:

Levitas

the moon
I guess I can, but it's pretty meaningless. Hitstun is inordinately hard to quantify since it depends on percent AND what action the victim decides to input. If you still want me to test it, give me a character to test it on and a range of %s and I'll do my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom