• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close

Status
Not open for further replies.

_clinton

Smash Master
So...what do you guys do to edge guard?

I'm a big fan of Lucas' Dsmash myself...boy that move is great when people are rolling, spot dodging, and being predictable with their recovery too much...

c3gill

Smash Ace
Lucas said, “You gain 2 whole exp mom.” Hinawa said, “It time for lunch and I fixing your favorite, omelets.”

YAY! Omelets!

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Is the Ganondorf challenge like the Bowser Challenge? And I think Lucas would have it easy with nair and PKT2.
yeah. here's a look at it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUSDOn0Ehw
since bowser got much better, they use ganondorg now.
and it's done on battlefield, since it's about the same size as fountain of dreams.
it looks like a buttload of fun. and i agree with it being easier for lucas. i'd love to see a video of that

APC- yeah . thats how they did Perfect Control for SSBM. it'd be a good idea to do it with brawl; this way frame data will be 100% accurate
clintion- i like downsmash for edgeguarding. PKT is better imo, but downsmash is good too

_clinton

Smash Master
I enjoy using PKT to annoy more...at least for non-shoddy and non-predictable recoveries...

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
PK LOVE

I like the way how brawl incorporated it into Lucas' moves. Instead of the circular bolts that Ness and alot of other non Psi users use, he's got his own signature animation that sets him apart from Ness.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjb8CDqpDpk This is how the move originally looks, for those of you who don't really know much about mother 3. So I'm curious to ask. Many of us wish he had this instead of pk starstorm, but I wonder how you'd imagine this being in brawl as his final smash? Mines would be like this._______________________
/ \
\____/___

The lines on top would be used to drag people into the attack, while Lucas stands in the middle. the sides of the hexagon form and then explode with a bunch of hexagons the same size as his U smash scattering in all directions.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I was actually pondering how a fullscreen PK Love would look. That sounds pretty cool. But I think the ultimate fanservice would have it proceeded by pulling a Needle.

c3gill

Smash Ace
While training today, I realized that I am totally obsessed with Lucas' auto-RAR. I love using it to do pseudo-SHPKF, and generally i approach with it as well- using Bair and Nair, although I am working on approaching with Dair. Love for the Auto-RAR!

prOAPC

Smash Lord
3. Up Air
Damage: 13%
Kills: 152%
Hits: frame 5
Landing lag: 8 frames
Priority: High
Properties: autocancels immediately after hitbox comes out and after attack ends, disjointed hitbox on back upper portion

a. Uair Combo
SHFF Uair can be used to combo because of its low knockback. This can rack up tons of damage especially on some heavies. Note that the fast fall occurs AFTER the attack has finished and is relatively low to the ground.​
bold says why it's good

c3gill

Smash Ace
autoRAR uair is good :)
This got me thinking about it, so i hopped on Brawl and while messing around, noticed a weird property of Uair. If you time it right you can Uair, jump on the persons head and Uair again, without touching the ground- is this something I didnt know about? Bouncing on someones head?

EDIT- glad i NOW know this has a name, and is basically worthless.

Levitas

the moon
WOAH! I have to try this "headbouncing" out.

It's like the old saying goes: Footstool a grounded opponent, and you'll be in lag for 8 frames. Get footstooled by an opponent, and you'll be in lag for 20. Get footstooled in the air, and you'll be in lag for 54 frames. Get footstooled into the ground from the air, and you'll be in lag for 25 frames before putting yourself in even more lag by starting to get up with either a roll or a standing animation in addition to however many frames you were in lag in the air already.

My mother always used to tell me that.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Uair is probably one of Lucas' highest priority attacks, it's ridiculous.

And I love it. Such a good move. Also SH low% comboing with uair is great because it's generally not expected from Lucas.

c3gill

Smash Ace
what video?
i deleted it.

New question to pose- PSI Magnet slows Lucas down if used while he is falling. How much slower is he falling (compared to his normal fall speed), and how long can this slower speed be maintaned (should i spam it while falling to fall slower, or once and hold it? it seems spamming slows fall more....)?

Obviously Lucas' horizontal speed increases during a Magnet Pull- but is his vertical speed also slowed down?

Irsic

Smash Ace
He comes to almost a complete pause when you just tap down b once. If you hold it out, he slowly begins to fall at normal speed again.

I use it when falling to attempt to throw my opponents off, as would Fox by shine stalling.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
I did the weirdest thing yesterday with Lucas, but I'm not sure if it's new. I was holding on to an item, then when I jumped in midair and threw it, I seemed to jump waaay higher than usual. Is that something new or old? I have a replay of it.

Levitas

the moon
You can zap jump with an item throw if you throw the item the frame after you DJ (same frame data as a zap jump)

This has been known since fairly early last summer :)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i played brawl again yesterday :)
i pulled out dair+footstool+dair vs an olimar, so now i know it works vs every character, no matter how big they are (i've pulled it vs DK before)...
dair+dtilt lock+usmash is too easy...
i tried Lucas' infinite jumps, but with no results :S
i'll play again today, i'll try to wave zap manually, and maybe play some wifi, i'll post the FC later in the chatroom if someone wants to play :)

skift182

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this new or not, but did you ever just try using Pk thunder to just push your opponent off the stage and into oblivion? I find it is ridiculously easy, even at low percentages even at 0%. Maybe this is already known, i checked but didn't see...

Levitas

the moon
If you can pull a reverse b reversal starting one frame after a jump (that's 4 inputs in 5 frames, 3 within 2 frames that must be frame perfect and one that comes 3 frames later for a total of 4 separate button presses in 1/12th of a second) you are my hero.

If you can do it consistently, then you're not human. I'm not kidding.

@skift, are you talking about just hitting them twice or so offstage? Also, welcome to smashboards ^_^

Irsic

Smash Ace
I love sometimes though when you barely touch someone with the side of the head with PKT, and it shoots them way farther than normal.

And it kills. Gotta love that.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
If you can pull a reverse b reversal starting one frame after a jump (that's 4 inputs in 5 frames, 3 within 2 frames that must be frame perfect and one that comes 3 frames later for a total of 4 separate button presses in 1/12th of a second) you are my hero.

If you can do it consistently, then you're not human. I'm not kidding.
just getting this out of the way: Wavezap = Magnetpull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom