• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
The Pokemon Trainer is going to be brought back, but Lucario is replacing Squirtle on his team, because nobody likes Squirtle.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
The Pokemon Trainer is going to be brought back, but Lucario is replacing Squirtle on his team, because nobody likes Squirtle.
What if Squirtle gets a level up and evolves?

EDIT: Please ignore the double post

|
V

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Would there be any possible glitches between a character and a clone in a match? i.e. Lucario vs Mewtwo
I don't think there are now, as seen from the turbo Roy vs Marth clip. I remember on the livestream a year ago, Roy had a sword in his mouth when vsing Marth. lol.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I don't think there are now, as seen from the turbo Roy vs Marth clip. I remember on the livestream a year ago, Roy had a sword in his mouth when vsing Marth. lol.

HAHA what? That's a crazy glitch.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
European, awful with hacking hardware and too afraid of bricking my Wii.

Dang, I really hope there's a breakthrough and they're able to get PM to you guys one day soon. =(

Fortress

Smash Master
Pointed that out earlier, but, I at first thought that Lucario was a Medicham with, I don't know, a shoe on its head.

splat

Smash Lord
Dang, I really hope there's a breakthrough and they're able to get PM to you guys one day soon. =(

I don't think they're going to port PM until it's finished - makes sense, I think. But hey, I'm from Europe, having to wait for games is like a second nature to us.
Also, on the bright side: I get to look forward to not one, not two, but three Smash Bros games.
no but really, **** ^this bright side, waiting is awful.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
You can get an NTSC Wii on Amazon for like $50-70 (shipping included) shipped to Europe. :) There is no need to wait to play this game unless you want to for other reasons (want all characters finalized, don't want two Wiis, etc) or you don't have the money at the moment. I won't pressure you about it though, just letting you know the option is there.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they're going to port PM until it's finished - makes sense, I think. But hey, I'm from Europe, having to wait for games is like a second nature to us.
Also, on the bright side: I get to look forward to not one, not two, but three Smash Bros games.
no but really, **** ^this bright side, waiting is awful.
I'd be more than willing to guide you through the process, although I don't think we can discuss much of it on this thread.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I just use the NTSC-copy of Brawl in my hard drive while applying the code from my SD-card. Works like dream.

Hope the hackless get their port sometime soon though.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Attention Europeans: If you want to play PM but are unsure how to hack a Wii, I recommend running this simple Windows program.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/
It will ask you a series of questions, and download the right files onto an SD card/USB drive for you, along with a customized step by step list of instructions. If you follow those instructions, and don't do anything else weird, there is a 0% chance of bricking.

It will give you everything you need to either:
-load NTSC Brawl from a disk (from which you can load PM as usual)
-load Project M from an NTSC Brawl disk
-load Project M/NTSC Brawl from a USB drive.

If you still have questions, the Project M IRC is the best place to ask them.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Thanks F. Blue, that is really helpful! I will add your post to my archive's instructions so any Europeans can link back to this post.

Just curious though, it still means they can't ever update their Wii again after this, right?

splat

Smash Lord
Attention Europeans: If you want to play PM but are unsure how to hack a Wii, I recommend running this simple Windows program.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/
It will ask you a series of questions, and download the right files onto an SD card/USB drive for you, along with a customized step by step list of instructions. If you follow those instructions, and don't do anything else weird, there is a 0% chance of bricking.

It will give you everything you need to either:
-load NTSC Brawl from a disk (from which you can load PM as usual)
-load Project M from an NTSC Brawl disk
-load Project M/NTSC Brawl from a USB drive.

If you still have questions, the Project M IRC is the best place to ask them.

Brilliant, thanks! Is there any way to save posts on these forums so I can find it back later on?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yes. Some games need to have an updated system in order to be played, I believe.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Do Wii's even get updates anymore....
No, however some of the newer games will check for homebrew and attempt to remove it disguised as an update, even if you are on the most recent firmware. There are a number of ways around this:
1)Priiloader (which Modmii installs by default) has an option to disable all updates. Turn this on. (also enable "Region Free Everything" to play imported Brawl disk)
2)GeckoOS to bypass region and update checks.
3)USB Loader also has a "boot game from disk" option with no security checks.

Also if you do somehow update, the most it will do is remove your homebrew, which just brings you back to square one.

red9rd

Smash Ace
No, however some of the newer games will check for homebrew and attempt to remove it disguised as an update, even if you are on the most recent firmware. There are a number of ways around this:
1)Priiloader (which Modmii installs by default) has an option to disable all updates. Turn this on. (also enable "Region Free Everything" to play imported Brawl disk)

Also if you do somehow update, the most it will do is remove your homebrew, which just brings you back to square one.
New games? do they also still make those?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

That's nice that it doesn't brick your system, like other consoles do. Still, it's kinda silly that they even bother to remove it. : >

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
1) Isaac. I mean, this kind of goes without saying. If you have ever played the Golden Sun games you would understand why. This character has a ton of possibilities that they could implement for his movestyle. Up-b: Retreat, the teleporting move used in the game to move his party to the beginning of the dungeon. Side-b: Maybe something like nesses, where instead of being pk-fire its the psy move, Move. If you are in the air it is angled down, and if you are on the ground it goes straight forward. Might be a bit OP depending on how big they make the hand.

Maybe his down-special can change what weapon he's using. In game he can use a sword, a mace, a light sword, or an axe, all of which are useful in different situations. This is just an idea though.

2) Knuckles. This makes a lot of sense just because there is a franchise, sonic, with only one character in the game, something that is not common. You might be able to argue that tails or shadow would be better here, but I don't think so. Shadow would be way too similar to sonic, so he can just be an alternate costume, and I'm sure that he already is. Metal sonic too, probably. As far as tails goes, I think PM would benefit more from knuckles. Knuckles has a lot of cool mechanics: digging, wall-crawling, powerful attacks, and a style all his own. Tails, although it would be an interesting/fun addition to PM, would probably just fly around a lot. I can think of many ways to turn tails into a fighter. Knuckles, however, is naturally built around fighting and attacks, so it would be easy.

3) Lyn. Not much to be said here. Another FE character that everyone loves, although four sword-wielding FE character might be a bit much. I think Lynn would be a fun addition to the game anyways, though. Interesting/fast-paced move set.

4) Here comes the no-logic hopefulness. Black Mage. Would make my life. The people I would main are ranked in this order from Of course down to if theres no one better: Black Mage -> Isaac -> Mewtwo -> Ivysaur. Black Mage could have a lot of really sick mechanics implemented, although most of my ideas are taken from Super Smash Flash 2. I know it probably won't happen, but I would go insane with hype.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
IT'S PIKACHU!!

----------------------------

By the way, I'd like to point out something I don't think anyone else has ever mentioned or thought of in regards to new characters...

...Wouldn't using any of the Assist Trophies or background characters be kind of jarring? Let's say, Isaac is made into a separate character and someone is playing with items on for the hell of it, but then suddenly another lower poly model of Isaac with the same look pops out and we suddenly have two Isaac's on stage. I doubt it'd be that confusing to anyone, but it would look kind of...off. The same goes for if we had someone like Tails, Knuckles or Shadow (*ignores Silver*) out playing on the field too. Oh any other stage it'd be fine, but take them to Green Hill and suddenly they're there twice. Pokemon characters don't have to worry about that since there's more than one of all of them. (Even Mewtwo now. lol) Others...Not so much.

Just something I thought I'd bring up for discussion.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People play with items on?
I'm going to laugh at how many people won't be able to say that anyone once 3.0 is out thanks to Turbo Curry being confirmed recently. lol

Seriously, though. Considering the professional look and feel that P:M is going for, it's something I thought should be brought to attention and discussed a bit more by everyone.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

----------------------------

By the way, I'd like to point out something I don't think anyone else has ever mentioned or thought of in regards to new characters...

...Wouldn't using any of the Assist Trophies or background characters be kind of jarring? Let's say, Isaac is made into a separate character and someone is playing with items on for the hell of it, but then suddenly another lower poly model of Isaac with the same look pops out and we suddenly have two Isaac's on stage. I doubt it'd be that confusing to anyone, but it would look kind of...off. The same goes for if we had someone like Tails, Knuckles or Shadow (*ignores Silver*) out playing on the field too. Oh any other stage it'd be fine, but take them to Green Hill and suddenly they're there twice. Pokemon characters don't have to worry about that since there's more than one of all of them. (Even Mewtwo now. lol) Others...Not so much.

Just something I thought I'd bring up for discussion.

I would imagine they'd just turn that option for the assist trophy off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom