• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Weeklies (Next: Friday Nov. 28)

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Go ahead. That's part of the reason we had melee setups in the first place. Some people like it better. Others-- me, for example-- like both. But if you expect people to give you a pat on the back for comparing brawl to disagreeable bodily fluids and dropping out of round-robins like sore losers, you're seriously mistaken. :)
Lol, harsh. :embarrass I dropped out because I'm terrible at Brawl--I don't expect people to commemorate my unwillingness to learn a new game. It's just not as interesting to me as Melee is...yet.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If they had a melee only tourney 4+ hours away, would you attend? Now ask yourself the same for brawl... You guys play both, but only play one competetively.
Every **** brawl tournament has been 4.5 hours away :(

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Lol, harsh. :embarrass I dropped out because I'm terrible at Brawl--I don't expect people to commemorate my unwillingness to learn a new game. It's just not as interesting to me as Melee is...yet.
As long as you can truthfully say that's what it is-- your unwillingness to learn a new game and nothing more-- that's cool. Sorry for being a jerk about it, I just don't appreciate the insults and validation of those insults anymore, and I'd rather not create an atmosphere that supports these things. I realize I might be coming close to doing so by giving Melee nearly equal attention at my fests like I did this week, so I'll take a moment to point this out:

We're here to play smash, not to complain and quit and bicker over which game is better. If you want to any of these things, do it elsewhere.

If they had a melee only tourney 4+ hours away, would you attend? Now ask yourself the same for brawl... You guys play both, but only play one competetively.
Let me ask you this: when was the last time you, 2-Tone, and Sean drove 4+ hours for either? We drove 10+ hours to go to Pound 3 only a few months ago. Granted, that was a few weeks before Brawl came out, but I think it says something. I would drive to either, personally, though Brawl tournaments take priority because I find more enjoyment in helping to build a new metagame than struggling to catch up with an established one.

QUIVO

Smash Master
If I started practicing Melee again, I would go to tournaments. The game is still fun, but it's so frustrating. I make to many Brawl johns.

I haven't traveled to Brawl tournaments.. maybe one and that wasnt too far. So for me to travel to a melee tournament would be a shock. (shock isn't even the word for it, but I'm too lazy to come up with another one that would be better)

Btw, that pound drive was like 14 hours wasn't it?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I do 0 things on Friday... so... I can leave as early as we want.

The tournament at Marion doesn't have a starting time at this point, just kind of a "who shows up" thing that goes into the night. I think he could start it later for us if need be, since we'd be half the tournament.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I like always bring two controllers...so yeah.
Also, I want a free slice of pizza as an early birthday present, Dr. X. Also, I want that dollar back. NO MMs

EDIT:
No more Melee next time, please x_x
It's hard to go from one to the other when your tech skill drops below Chillin Level -1 in Brawl

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I like always bring two controllers...so yeah.
Also, I want a free slice of pizza as an early birthday present, Dr. X. Also, I want that dollar back. NO MMs
Didn't I give you two dollars? >.>

EDIT:
No more Melee next time, please x_x
It's hard to go from one to the other when your tech skill drops below Chillin Level -1 in Brawl
You don't have to play it if you don't want to. But I will have at least one Melee setup. I have a gamecube and TV to spare so there's no reason not to.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure you didn't give me back the other because I went to play some Brawl and then you went somewhere else and came back without a dollar for me for some reason o_o

Also, we need to spam moar. Like, CT level moar.

EDIT:

Anthony or Ed, bring a camera so we can record some shiz...I do better when recording LOL

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll bring my camera... I want to record some games on Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, and the like for the SBR.

clowsui

Smash Legend
o noes guys i can't handle dem hazards
the stage winz for me...or does it halp me win
i DON NO HW 2 USE STAGE ALONG WID SKILL SO I SAY STAGE wIns for ME

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's the point... everyone has really strong opinions on stages like that without actually having any experience on them.

I might try to hold a $1 tournament on The Summit or Port Town or something.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Clowsi, AIM, now!

@Hydr0 : Yeah ill bring an extra controller tpp and hope to see u there, i still want that rematch

@Clowsi: I can bring my phone/video camera, it takes good quality videos so we should be good

@Doctor X: Im still planning to bring my n64 smash game so be sure to get the setup, and ill bring all the controllers I have, im not sure how many though, like 2-4 i think

smash64

Smash Champion
omg ssb64 will be fun *coughifanyoneknowshowtoplayitcough* i cant wait till tomorrow oh and ill bring my GC controller too

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hooray. Good matches everyone. This one might have been my favorite so far since it was like... fun to play Brawl for hours for some reason instead of switching to Melee. :O

And overswarm is a lamer for not coming.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Holy sh*t I got like nine million times better playing in teams yesterday. Holy sh*t. I don't know why though.

Also, I think my Falco is getting better! I finally managed to take Q to high % on his 2nd stock or down to 1 stock whereas I'd get to mid% 2 or 3 stocked before. What do you think, Q? Is my Falco any better than before?

Now to get my Luigi at that level...

Btw Anthony, my Fox is good for teams now, whenever Taso has that Doubles tournament let's go and **** face kk? If I'm here of course, if he holds it in July then uh FAWK him.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I was willing to skip my night at home doing homework to play smash, and then all the plans changed and I didn't feel like thinking or looking for a parking spot :p

Maybe next week, if Kel still gets off of work at 8

smash64

Smash Champion
sucks that i only got to play 2 new ppl in ssb64 btw Dr.X your good in 64 well ofcourse any one is good when they have Kirby lol

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Taso. By the way come to Weeklies, you have no reason not to....
Three reasons.

1. I work most Tuesdays.

2. I'm lazy.

3. I was too lazy to come up with a third, as I'd thought the first reason was probably reason enough.

Yeah, I work Tuesday, 5-10

I'll try to make it if I ever find that I'm not working.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I can't come to the biweeklies anymore... actually, not until late. My bad clowsui, happy birthday. I'm pretty sure we said happy birthday when you left. And why can't you come anymore?

Top Bottom