• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Lately we've been doing it most Saturday nights. We haven't discussed next weekend yet but I'll let you know.

Do you still live in NoVa? Do you wanna come to one of our fests? I could probably get someone to pick you up. You wouldn't be the only young guy btw, Guy is 16.

Yeah, I mostly stick to my Melee characters too (<3 G&W). Project M ROB is pretty much in my hands right now though, so if you have any ideas, send them my way. Did you see my suggestion for P:M ROB a few pages ago?
Yeah, I do. I thought we were moving down to the Southwest again this September, but I convinced my parents to reconsider and maybe let me finish highschool here.

That'd be amazing. Although I'm going to have to think up of a lie to explain why a bunch of 16-20 year olds are giving me a ride to a fest. :p I've yet to attend and participate in a videogame tourney or fest tbh, and I'd love to go to one of the hackfests. Ideas?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, I do. I thought we were moving down to the Southwest again this September, but I convinced my parents to reconsider and maybe let me finish highschool here.

That'd be amazing. Although I'm going to have to think up of a lie to explain why a bunch of 16-20 year olds are giving me a ride to a fest. :p I've yet to attend and participate in a videogame tourney or fest tbh, and I'd love to go to one of the hackfests. Ideas?
Ideas for how to lie to your parents? I dunno ... how about the opportunity to be social and make new friends instead of sitting at home on the computer on a Saturday night? Why do you have to lie? I would think most parents except the extreme overprotective ones would welcome something like this.

Also, it's just a video game fest, there will be no drugs/alcohol/whatever if that's what they're worried about.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah. I agree with JC. I've gone to a few tourneys and it's really not something to be worried about. There are people all over so unless you leave the area, everyone's going to be able to see everything going on. If they're the protective type, then try bringing your cellphone with you and calling them on occasion when you get some free time at the tourney (that's what I have to do).

Ideas for how to lie to your parents? I dunno ... how about the opportunity to be social and make new friends instead of sitting at home on the computer on a Saturday night? Why do you have to lie? I would think most parents except the extreme overprotective ones would welcome something like this.

Also, it's just a video game fest, there will be no drugs/alcohol/whatever if that's what they're worried about.
Yeah, well, they are pretty protective. But Shapphire has a point. I'll just take my cell along. And besides, my dad's overseas right now, so that's one less person to have to ask, now that I think about it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
lol.

probably about 3/4ths of all smashfests/tourneys whatever ive been to have had some kind of alcohol or drugs being used there.
Well ... that is very true, but when there are 16 year olds at my fests, I don't allow that stuff, and no one in my crew is a big drinker or a pothead anyway.

So Starturds, would you be able to make it if I held a fest this Saturday? Also, what town in VA do you live in?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm considering picking up R.O.B. as a secondary. I got him on random a few weeks ago and did pretty well, haha.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I played ROB for the first time in a almost a month yesterday. I was so freaking aggressive it wasn't even funny. I blame Brawl Minus. XD

I'm actually playing him in doubles this weekend at a tournament, since my roommate and I figured out we suck as a team when I play Dedede, even though I'm better in doubles with him, so I'm going ROB. I'm actually excited. I'm still going only Dedede and Pikachu in singles though, I'll let you guys know how it goes. Even if you don't care. :p

Aw, this Saturday? I won't be able to make. I'm gonna be really busy with volunteering and homework forthe next 2-3 weeks. Can I ask you when I'm free to see when the next fest will be?

Also, I decided to main ROB because I had been lurking SWF for all of late '08/early '09 before joining in May. I camped the socials, and ROB had the comunity that appealed to me the most.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Aw, this Saturday? I won't be able to make. I'm gonna be really busy with volunteering and homework forthe next 2-3 weeks. Can I ask you when I'm free to see when the next fest will be?
Like I said, we have a fest nearly every weekend. Just let me know when you're free and if there isn't already something planned, I'll make sure there's a fest.

Also, I decided to main ROB because I had been lurking SWF for all of late '08/early '09 before joining in May. I camped the socials, and ROB had the comunity that appealed to me the most.
Yeah we were pretty beastly awesome back in the day :bee: Still are in fact.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
What he means is that he saw every epic post I made on this board and said, "I wanna be like that guy. Or, if I'm not that epic, I at least wanna be his friend."

Also half the reason Olimar mains gave up Olimar: I stopped playing Brawl.

Trufax boi.

..I guess lol. Tbh it was actually JCaes that made me lol hardest. But you're pretty salty too bro.

Edit: And to answer your earlier question JCaes I live in Woodbridge.

If you were a robot, you wouldn't HAVE to go to school. Whenever you threw an "I DON'T WANNA GO" tantrum, you'd obliterate everything within range with your FSmash, and always get your way.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
What he means is that he saw every epic post I everyone made on this board and said, "I wanna be like that guy. Or, if I'm not that epic, I at least wanna be his friend."
:)

Hey guys! My hard a** week of school is almost done. I'll can't wait, because this week I've rarely been online due to school.
Tell me about it. Only two more months to go though!

Don't read this.
But we still have finals before we're free... >.< /optimismkill

If I was a robot, I'd just download the 12th grade and be done with it.
A bully comes up to him? Spotdodge -> Downsmash every time.
If you ever wondered why the ROB community was epic...

Afrayail

Smash Ace
@Sapphire: Your signature is adorable :]

@Everyone: Hi guys! I usually just lurk around boards outside of my state's monthly or the texture hack community, but I figured I'd say hi. Are there any of you guys hiding in the Midwest? (More specifically Iowa/Nebraska area >.0)

Also, in my spare time I nerded out and made a little clay ROB (potentially for a key chain or necklace to rep at tourneys) and was wondering if anyone in your wonderful community would be interested if I were to make more. I'd probably only ask for a few bucks plus shipping just for materials and whatnot, but let me know what you think, and either way... hello! :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._384709368469_515308469_3742501_6788140_n.jpg They're not quite finished yet, I need to touch up a bit and then paint them.. but yeah. Ignore the MK, it was a request >.> They're not quite two inches tall ^^;

Sudai

Stuff here
omg

I might want one. How are you planning to attach them to anything though? I figure it'd be best to insert the little loop thingy before the clay dried. :x

Once I see what the finished product looks like, I'll let you know if you should make one for me or not. :]

Afrayail

Smash Ace
It took all of like, 10 minutes to make, and I have to bake the lil buggers in an oven before they ever dry, so I'm not too worried about making this first guy a necklace. I might just have this one be a figure and make another (smaller? maybe) one for a necklace with the little loop thingy ^^

I actually do have a bag of little loop thingies nearby, though, so we'll see.. hah. He'd be painted with acrylics afterward, potentially with a sealer but it depends if I can get my hands on moar. I'll post pix once I scoot over to my friend's apartment and mooch their oven space.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@Sapphire: Your signature is adorable :]
Thanks! ^^ I drew it myself. I really like how it came out. I think your signature is adorable too. Pika + heart ftw ^^

And those clay figures are cute. I wish I could request you to make a Pikachu, but I'd have no way to pay. :(

Anyway, hello and welcome! :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I might be interested in a clay ROB too.

I just wanted to let you guys know, I'm playing through Pokemon Platinum right now. I currently have a Torterra named Starturds, a Gastrodon named Sudai, a Gallade named Bandit (my crewmate), and a Bronzong named ThndrHorse (my other crewmate). I used to have a Probopass named toasty, a Luxio named Stingers, and a Togepi named jjvirus but I stopped using them. I will soon have an Altaria named Sapphire and a Magnezone named R.O.B. to round out my team.

Top Bottom