• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah i thought the sonic stuff just seemed kinda forced and didnt really go well with his flow...just imo

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Help me come up with ideas for what to do with Project M ROB. He currently has far and away the best recovery and it just doesn't really fit in a Melee-style game. But I'd like to come up with a more creative solution than "less gas."

One idea I have (not entirely sure if it can actually be implemented yet :p) is to make up-B into a single burst move. You'd have to cancel it and restart it again to use the burst again. Seems like it's not much of a nerf, since this is what good ROBs do anyway, right?

The kicker is that, instead of only A moves canceling the up-B, only B moves would (and it would be able to be canceled quicker). This has a two-fold effect.

For recovery, it means you can cancel it straight into a side-B (which still gets that huge boost you can see in Brawl+), for a long, fast, predictable recovery, somewhat like Fox Illusion, or alternately, you can cancel your up-B into a gyrocancel and get another burst. I realize you could also gyrocancel into an aerial to protect yourself like you can do in Brawl, but it would be a little bit slower and take a good bit of tech skill (which is a good thing in Project M!). In order to prevent his recovery from being too good, the number of up-B burst he gets would have to be limited (my first instinct is 3 or 4).

On the ground, however, since you can cancel up-B straight into a gyrocancel, straight into an aerial (faster than you could in Brawl), a new AT is born! I'm sure you can all see the potential applications of an AT that lets you jump lower and quicker than a normal short hop, and able to face either direction.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
just have it do a large burst that puts him into free fall...think marth. but with no hitbox, so lucario. just marth speed
and give him brawl+ side b
perfect recovery

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Large burst free fall up-B is maaaad boring though. I'd rather see it be more versatile than that.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think trying to make everything be all "deep" and multipurpose is what killed brawl+

some moves just need to do their jobs

Large burst free fall up-B is maaaad boring though. I'd rather see it be more versatile than that.
Does ROB even have a free fall animation? lol.

And how about this, sounds weird but here goes.

Change up-B into something resembling d-air with lifting abilities. Allow 2-3 (3 might be too many depending on distance) of those as well as the b-cancel and ta-dah.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'll admit most recent (2000's) commerical rap sucks.

Old school rap, Biggie, Tupac, A Tribe Called Quest, KRS-1, Rakim, Ice-T, Snoop Dogg, ect. and underground rap, Papoose, Dirty Simspon, etc. is good.

Commerical rap is only thing bugging me as of now.

B+ is still really legit.

I was thinking you could make UpB a sort of ROFLCopter type move, and replace SideB with a missile like Chibo had said months ago. The UpB would be slightly directional, and you could-like you said- cancel it with B attacks and AD. Then give SideB a slight boost like Bair. That way you could cancel UpB really quickly into missile for a slight "glide" and attack.

If you think about it, it would add a lot of techskill, because it could be done like Mewtwo's DJC Fair strings or IDJ Bair.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Yeah if you don't appreciate hip hop... you've either..

A.) Not given it the proper time to investigate the stuff that lies beneath the radio-playing surface (aka the real stuff)

or

B.) Did all of that, and just not liked the genre because it's not your cup of tea.

I can guarantee that ninety-five percent of the people who say blase and haughty over-summarizing comments like 'rap sucks' fall into the former category.

If you're a math/science nerd, listen to MC Paul Barman.
If you're flirting with the sound of rap and like the soulful stuff, listen to People Under The Stairs.
If you love wordplay and ingenious lyrics, listen to Edan or Souls of Mischief.
If you love artists who go mad hard all the time, listen to Pharaoh Monch or Big L.
If you're a Video Game nerd, listen to Futuristic Sex Robotz or Turbo (T Double).
If you dug that Gorillaz track 'Clint Eastwood', listen to the rest of the stuff by the rapper, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien.
If you think females can't rap, listen to Psalm One.
Hell, even if you're into emo music, listen to Atmosphere.
And if you don't even like the thought of rap but have a sense of humor in the slightest, listen to 2 Skinnee J's.

Do just one of those and come back and tell me that rap sucks. Then I'll listen to you.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Umm Queen L. I think is the best female rapper or Salt or Pepa one of the three.

My fav rapper is Big L he was so real, too bad he died for some **** his brother did.

Personally, it's just not my kind of stuff. I've listened to stuff not aired on the radio because students blare their music out on the bus, and there was actually a song that said Explicit Content Removed.

Ugh. Really now. I'm more into stringy stuff with conscious lyrics, but I'll give 2 Skinny J's, Futuristic Sex Robots, and Atmosphere a try.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ohhh I read your post again....most people I know here (GA) have horrible taste imo. It's all this crap like Roscoe Dash and Soulja Boy it's embrassing makes me wanna go back to NY.

Sudai

Stuff here
JCz, I love your idea for the Up-B mostly for what it'd give to his ground game (low air = ground game, stfu) and the fact that I agree, recovery in P:M should be hard.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
If someone thinks people like Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne represent hip hop, then they're obviously not looking anywhere near hard enough.

Turn off your radio and ignore all the stuff you see on TV and go find the people who actually have to prove themselves as rappers.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Some stuff on 106 and Park is not bad tbh, I see Bronx is reppin in the freestylin' friday.

EDIT: Oh yea I'm ready for the MU discussion again if any ROB want to start again back at the Fox Boards :)

I'm definitely watching the stream.

P: M looks like the ****.

And guess what Shapphire? I just got my first infraction since September! :D I'm actually sort of happy.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Starturds! I don't remember seeing you in the chat, unless you were going by some other name.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I was there by the name of "Sturds". Didn't you see me there bro? D:
Nah I missed it, sorry. Were you chatting? I should rotate myself out more often so I can talk to the audience more. We had a good 20-30 people watching most of the night. Those Project M fans are friggin dedicated.

Nah I missed it, sorry. Were you chatting? I should rotate myself out more often so I can talk to the audience more. We had a good 20-30 people watching most of the night. Those Project M fans are friggin dedicated.
I was, but I posted only maybe once or twice. I wa too enthralled watching the stream.

So, any idea when the next one will be held? I'll definately be more social to meet more of the Workshop crew. I've been meaning to drop by FD too. And I want to learn how to hack with PSA and BrawlBox again. I've completelly forgotten due to cramming in other, useless junk from Earth Science and Algebra. :p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I actually played Project: M a few weeks ago. I hope you guys make ROB feel more Melee-ish, because I didn't like him all that much the way he is now. I mostly stuck to Jigglypuff and Shiek, my Melee mains, and the occasional G&W, my LT Melee main. I'm still looking forward to the day P:M sees public release!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I was, but I posted only maybe once or twice. I wa too enthralled watching the stream.

So, any idea when the next one will be held? I'll definately be more social to meet more of the Workshop crew. I've been meaning to drop by FD too. And I want to learn how to hack with PSA and BrawlBox again. I've completelly forgotten due to cramming in other, useless junk from Earth Science and Algebra. :p
Lately we've been doing it most Saturday nights. We haven't discussed next weekend yet but I'll let you know.

Do you still live in NoVa? Do you wanna come to one of our fests? I could probably get someone to pick you up. You wouldn't be the only young guy btw, Guy is 16.

I actually played Project: M a few weeks ago. I hope you guys make ROB feel more Melee-ish, because I didn't like him all that much the way he is now. I mostly stuck to Jigglypuff and Shiek, my Melee mains, and the occasional G&W, my LT Melee main. I'm still looking forward to the day P:M sees public release!
Yeah, I mostly stick to my Melee characters too (<3 G&W). Project M ROB is pretty much in my hands right now though, so if you have any ideas, send them my way. Did you see my suggestion for P:M ROB a few pages ago?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well it is in closed beta and still needs a lot of polish before it's ready for the mainstream.

Top Bottom