• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu or Wobbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Who do you guys believe is the better Ice Climbers player.

Chu Dat or Wobbles

I'm just wondering, I don't mean to start an argument or anything I just want a good discussion.

Me personally I think its Chu, im sure Ill be called a fan boy or whatever but Ill just deal with that.

Wobbles is a good player don't get me wrong, I just believe that Chu is better, even if its not by much.

So discuss..

(Mods: I didn't know whether to put this post here or the Melee Discussion, if I have to move it let me know and I shall)

rhan

Smash Hero
Going by most recent tourney that they both were at.

Wobbles placed way higher.

And he traveled across the country to go to that tourney.

Wobbz has my vote.

Vts

Smash Champion
Doesn't really matter i put my vote into wobbles despite the fact chu plays so smart and still does really well not playing the game

now for cute factor then chu and for waifu factor then wobbles.

i mean he does this thing with his hands that he can't control in bed its amazing :D

lies

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Loooooooooooool.

Wobbles is way better than Chu, Chu is just flashier.

I mean, Chu is really smart, that's how he can over-come the fact that he completely ignores the IC's current meta-game, but Wobbles is just so much more efficient.

Binx

Smash Master
I think wobbles was always better at playing Ice Climbers and furthering their potential, where Chu was always good at making reads continuously and just winning, I feel like Wobbles is better at both now though.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6Jtgquo_o

I dunno those matches are probably the best I've ever played, for sure the best I ever played against Chu. The record was something like 11-1 in my favor, and he kept intentionally picking FD against me which gives me the impression he was trying...

If I'm better it's probably because I've invested more effort into my ICs than he did. He's miles away more naturally talented than me, if he put in a fraction of the practice I did he'd probably wreck me, even now.

Or is Fly better now? Bwahahaha.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
It may just be cause I like all the old school players that I said Chu was better, but no matter what All 3 of the Ice Climber players are absolutely amazing and I gotta give it to them I mean ICs are not easy to use, especially in tourney play.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
at least people know of PEEF no body knows who the hell i am lol
i'm pretty sure I saw you at POE3 there was like a little cuddle group of ice climbers for a minute if I rememeber, not that there was any cuddleing as far as I know.

Don't know i'm going to play more ice climbers if I can most people hate you if you pick them and refuse to play : ( but I guess i'll use them for dittos and vs luigi and junk. from what i've played I like ICs vs luigi

Vts

Smash Champion
i'm pretty sure I saw you at POE3 there was like a little cuddle group of ice climbers for a minute if I rememeber, not that there was any cuddleing as far as I know.

Don't know i'm going to play more ice climbers if I can most people hate you if you pick them and refuse to play : ( but I guess i'll use them for dittos and vs luigi and junk. from what i've played I like ICs vs luigi
yeah i was at POE3 and did decently think i got like 25th or 33rd something around there not to bad but not my best

yeah our little cluster of IC mains was about 3 people lol wobbles,peef, and me

was fun tournament just wish i would have gotten 2nd seed instead of third seed.

almost beat sliq >< and macd had close first game with me and then 2nd game he 3 stocked me :D fun times 0-deathing peach then being 0-deathed back so much fun.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I played hit and miss most of the time. I ***** a few people but then i'd come back get ***** or whatever. I was mostly trying to learn I don't expect to win till I 100% understand WTF i'm doing. I won the one match of ice climbers I did play vs some luigi I think that or it was close. I spent too much time messing around on the livestream. my highlight of the tournment was mindgameing yummybeef, rapeing a marth and a puff, and wierding wobbles out with the faces I made at him.

Vts

Smash Champion
yeah i didn't get to play you but saw you there.

wish i didn't have to play people who came up with me pretty funny how who spent the night with us was our first round arby(ar) vs bluezaft (tx), VTS (ar) vs Jesusfreak (tx) and Yoshiman(ar) vs Wobbles (tx).

and thats all from both our state that played and we all lost but close games except yoshiman vs wobbles i hear it was a 4 stock then 3 stock lol

Smasher89

Smash Lord

Go Jiggs, and for timeout while hanging the ledge. Shouldn't take many matches before your opponents begs you to play IC's instead lol

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I think Rob summed it up well, Chu is incredibly naturally talented, but he does not invest in getting better or his CG/Handoff game. If he ever did God help the world.

Fly/Wobbles are the best IMO.

I was really impressed by Wobbles vs M2k even tho he lost. (He beat Shiz who Chu lost too)

Fly just beat Hbox and Lucky, he has also beaten SS Mango Zhu.

Chu has beaten everyone ever but that was like when everyone sucked in 2006-2008. He did take a game off of Mango's puff though.

Id say its Wobbles.
Then Fly/Chu.

It is hard to say since each region is soo different and good at the same time.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Loooooooooooool.

Wobbles is way better than Chu, Chu is just flashier.

I mean, Chu is really smart, that's how he can over-come the fact that he completely ignores the IC's current meta-game, but Wobbles is just so much more efficient.
where did this come from? Chu is very not flashy at all.

At this moment it's clearly either Wobbles or Fly, not Chu.

Vts

Smash Champion
If you play me in friendlies you'll see me be flashy :D I do tons of really silly and lame stuff in friendlies all the time. In tourney I try to be conservative and efficient because I get exponentially more nervous and make way way way more mistakes the more stuff I try to do.

Sometimes I do cool stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmVkd1KolM&feature=related#t=1m25s
u so didn't mean to do that i remember talking to you about that lol.

too good :D

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Shut up.

Because shut up.

Lol yeah the grab was kind of accidental, I was panicking and just went for a button.

But... I still did it though.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Fun story: in relatively recent history I've beaten Zhu (3 sets in a row), Lucky, JMan (mm), Mango (hungover lol), MacD (mm), Connor (mm and tourney), Vanz (mm), Shiz, and Darkrain (three tournaments in a row no wobbling in any of them). My tournament record against Axe (where I play ICs) has been in my favor about 4 sets to 1. It really frustrates me that people just don't know any of this and completely forget about me in all kinds of discussion, not to mention also ranking those players that I beat above me as well.

If it weren't for the IC boards I'd swear nobody even remembers who the hell I am.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'm not sure what to say other than that life isn't fair and the community is dumb. I'm sorry that you don't get nearly as much recognition as you deserve.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Fly, Wobbles, Chok in that order

Fly seems like the more patient player and in turn tends to make better decisions than most players. Not to mention his reaction game is incredible. /Fly fan

Wobbles definitely has the best command of the character, most fun to watch combos etc.

Chok is adorable *this spot would go to any of you guys if you were as cute as Choknater

Zechs

Smash Rookie
Fun story: in relatively recent history I've beaten Zhu (3 sets in a row), Lucky, JMan (mm), Mango (hungover lol), MacD (mm), Connor (mm and tourney), Vanz (mm), Shiz, and Darkrain (three tournaments in a row no wobbling in any of them). My tournament record against Axe (where I play ICs) has been in my favor about 4 sets to 1. It really frustrates me that people just don't know any of this and completely forget about me in all kinds of discussion, not to mention also ranking those players that I beat above me as well.

If it weren't for the IC boards I'd swear nobody even remembers who the hell I am.
I don't know any of the people you listed. To me you are a nobody. Until you stop screwing up with your tremors then you will never become anything.

PS. VTS wants to know when that OK tournament is being hosted. His account is currently banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom