• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
So, I've been thinking. The Choir Kids should reference the RH games with groups. To this purpose, what should their moves be? So far I have these down;

Jab: Lockstep (the finisher is changing to the offbeat, each tap is a beat like in the actual game)
Side Tilt: Space Dancer's "Turn Right!"
Side Smash: Space Dancer's "Papapapunch!" (papapa is the charging sound, punch is the damage dealer)
Up Tilt: Fan Club's "Yeah yeah yeah!" (attacks once, so using it multiple times can recreate the singer's cue, the monkey's response etc)
Up Smash: Fan Club's "I suppose!" (1 hit, 2 quick hits and the last hit is the KO move)
Down Tilt: Frog Hop's "Yahoo!" (hits both sides)
Down Smash: Frog Hop's "Spin it, boys!" (spinning attack)

Specials I think should be moves like Rockers, Glee Club etc. I'll work more on it later. (and yes, keeping the directional ground moves as references to the same rhythm game is intentional).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Glad to see a lot of confidence here. I've been thinking about it, and even if the Gematsu leak is "debunked" (though I disagree), I'm definitely with them as the best Rhythm Heaven reps to go with.

Hopefully come September we should know which Rhythm Heaven rep we got. I won't be sad at anyone else, but I can't say that I didn't grew fond of them, if not too fond.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice

Something I made before Gematsu's Sales Romano leak was "busted". I still believe in the 'Kids though. The Sneaky Spirit is enough evidence for me to below that we will get a Rhythm Heaven representative.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I actually do want an individual of the chorus men to be in Smash, but having all 3 at once is...

I'm hoping for just Marshall or something like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I am SO going to show that to my brother and make him think it's real, just to see his reaction. :laugh:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys I was wondering about Chorus Kids moveset classification. According to this list how would it be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aaaand now my brother hates me because I didn't tell him until the end that it was fake. :laugh:

But yeah, Chorus Kids are probably the newcomer I'm most hyped for at the moment.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Despite the Sal leak being less credible now, I'm still rooting for Chorus Kids. I mean, the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run is just too suspicious to ignore. I'm confident a character from Rhythm Heaven will be playable. I just hope it's the Chorus Kids.
Haha, I love this!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
That trailer is the greatest thing I can imagine.
Also, this should play during the gameplay portion of the Chorus Kids' Trailer:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
That trailer is the greatest thing I can imagine.
Also, this should play during the gameplay portion of the Chorus Kids' Trailer:

Thanks Everyone! I'm glad you liked the "trailer" :p

And I think if there were a gameplay part of the trailer, the song that would play would be Lonely Storm (Karate Man's Theme from Rhythm Heaven Fever) I have a feeling he'd be a Final Smash summon for the Trio/Marshall

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Chorus Kids Character, Karate Joe final smash, Wrestler and Reporter AT?
Sounds perfect to me. :)

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Hey guys I was wondering about Chorus Kids moveset classification. According to this list how would it be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
They're a trio character, so I guess they'd fall into the Puppeteer category, though I imagine they'd function as a single character rather than 3 separate characters ala ICs. They'd also probably have Juggler attributes since they would be a combo-oriented character capable of attacking many times in rapid succession.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That video is absolutely amazing. Bet fan made work I have seen on here.

I'm at the point of no return. There is no character in this franchise I would even want to see except the Chrous Kids. And none who could rep the series at all if not the three of them.

I'm getting a bit on edge that we may get marshall as a game and watch clone.

Just as a possibility, not that I really think it will happen.

OoooOoOOoO I want them soo badly. They just surpassed my beloved Isaac. I think only K Rool is heavily above them now.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I imagine the Chorus Kids to be Bruiser when all 3 are available for you and also Puppeteer properties would show up here and there.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I imagine the Chorus Kids to be Bruiser when all 3 are available for you and also Puppeteer properties would show up here and there.
Wait...when all three are available....what do you mean by this exactly and how would this function in the game?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wait...when all three are available....what do you mean by this exactly and how would this function in the game?
Well, I have a theory that the Chorus Kids might take inspiration from the Ice Climbers, in that when one is K.O'd, the Kids' power get decreased substantially and this can prove a problem if you rely too much on them working together and when one is left for you to play as.....In my vision for them......Hoo, boy. Let me just say hope you're not currently fighting someone like:4bowser: or Heaven forbid,:4littlemac:.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I really don't think that the Chorus Kids will work like the ice climbers at all. They would act like 1 character, you couldn't knock one away and leave the other 2.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I saw gematsu leak, the Chorus Kids along with this thread that really showed me how unique the Chorus Kids could be. Chorus Kids are now one of my top most wanted newcomers. Could you add me to the supporters list?

By the way, do any of you guys know where I can find support buttons for the Chorus kids? I can't seem to find any.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I saw gematsu leak, the Chorus Kids along with this thread that really showed me how unique the Chorus Kids could be. Chorus Kids are now one of my top most wanted newcomers. Could you add me to the supporters list?

By the way, do any of you guys know where I can find support buttons for the Chorus kids? I can't seem to find any.

Think I will take some inspiration from the K Rool thread and post this faux inspiration vid to welcome any new supporter to Beat the Beat!

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801

Think I will take some inspiration from the K Rool thread and post this faux inspiration vid to welcome any new supporter to Beat the Beat!
Thanks! That's probably the best fake newcomer video I've ever seen. This fake trailer is so good that I hope if the Chorus Kids get revealed, their trailer is very similar.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
I have liked the idea of them joining ever since I found out about the leak. Go Chorus kids!

Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run has me confident that they will appear in the game.

Top Bottom