• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I just love every song in Rhythm Fever, so why not just pick all of them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tbDJYUc0z0

Additionaly I would also pick:
Flockstep
Air Rally
Screwbot Factory 2
Catch of the Day
Remix 8
Dreams of our Generation

And if I could just add a few more:
Ringside
Shrimp Suffle
Remix 3
Hole in one 2

God is it hard to pick, this would obviously be for a Wii U stage.
I just feel like if we get a stage for the 3DS and Wii U version, the 3DS one will be more focused on the DS RH games (and since its limited to 2 tracks, it would probably just inlcude music from those games and not from Fever), while the Wii U version will get a stage based on Fever, with songs from that game (and from the past games too)

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Do you think, if we do get an RH stage for 3DS, we'll get a song each from Tengoku and Heaven? It'd be a neat way of kinda-repping the entire handheld portion of the series.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I think the 3DS Rhythm Heaven stage will contain two songs from the game the stage is based on (most likely DS) and themes from the other handheld game will be included as extra songs for the sound test/Smash Run playlist.

Speaking of the RH stage, here's something I noticed among all the flood of information from the Japanese demo:

One of the stages from the leaked stage selection screen is missing, confirming that the blank spaces can indeed indicate yet to be unlocked stages.. It's not too huge of a detail, but at least we know that the possibility of an unlockable Rhythm Heaven stage with its rep is still up in the air.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I think it's the Mother stage that's missing. :p
Hm, really? The pink stage in the leak does look very similar to Magicant from Mother with the spiral/shell-like structures, and the series doesn't necessarily have to have more than one stage.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Although I don't really want Chorus Kids, they're EXTREMELY likely IMO. Anyway, most are saying they'll probably be cartoony/2D like G&W, but what if they're CGI/3D like most smash fighters?
Also, this should be one of their alts:
image.jpg

:laugh:

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Gotta say that I'm not entirely sure how 'OK' I'll be with them being 3D like most everyone else. I mean I'd get used to it because Chorus Kids, but it'd be super weird because (to my limited knowledge) they've always been 2D and kinda shaky/sketchy-lined.

Although I would main the crap out of Miiverse Logo Kids.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Although I don't really want Chorus Kids, they're EXTREMELY likely IMO. Anyway, most are saying they'll probably be cartoony/2D like G&W, but what if they're CGI/3D like most smash fighters?
View attachment 24281
You're a genius.
Seriously, this is dang brilliant.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Although I don't really want Chorus Kids, they're EXTREMELY likely IMO. Anyway, most are saying they'll probably be cartoony like G&W, but what if they're CGI like most smash fighters?
View attachment 24281
I may be the odd one out here, but honestly, I sort've want them to be rendered in 3D. I mean, c'mon, just imagine how adorable their little stubby arms and legs would be..

Also, Miiverse Kids confirmed:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I think the 3DS Rhythm Heaven stage will contain two songs from the game the stage is based on (most likely DS) and themes from the other handheld game will be included as extra songs for the sound test/Smash Run playlist.

Speaking of the RH stage, here's something I noticed among all the flood of information from the Japanese demo:

One of the stages from the leaked stage selection screen is missing, confirming that the blank spaces can indeed indicate yet to be unlocked stages.. It's not too huge of a detail, but at least we know that the possibility of an unlockable Rhythm Heaven stage with its rep is still up in the air.
One of the missing stages must be from Duck Hunt I guess

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I think it would be cool if it was like Game & Watch's model from Melee, where it was a 3D model designed to look 2D at an angle. But I would be fine it was purely 2D or 3D either way. Gotta love those shakey lines!

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
One of the missing stages must be from Duck Hunt I guess
The thing is, one of those stages is confirmed to be something that heavily resembles Mother, so there's only one more left.. It's very possible that there isn't a Duck Hunt stage at all though, considering it should've already been unlocked with Duck Hunt Dog in the leak.
I think it would be cool if it was like Game & Watch's model from Melee, where it was a 3D model designed to look 2D at an angle. But I would be fine it was purely 2D or 3D either way. Gotta love those shakey lines!
I could see that happening, and I'd be okay with it as long as outlines and shadows create enough "deceptive" depth. I just feel like they might stick out a bit if the original artstyle was used. (it works with G&W because he's purely a silhouette)

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Gotta say that I'm not entirely sure how 'OK' I'll be with them being 3D like most everyone else. I mean I'd get used to it because Chorus Kids, but it'd be super weird because (to my limited knowledge) they've always been 2D and kinda shaky/sketchy-lined.

Although I would main the crap out of Miiverse Logo Kids.
You're a genius.
Seriously, this is dang brilliant.
Glad you guys like my 'Miiverse Logo Kids' alt idea! :laugh:
Personally I sometimes refer to the Miiverse Logo Kids' as the Miiverse admins sometimes. :laugh:
I may be the odd one out here, but honestly, I sort've want them to be rendered in 3D. I mean, c'mon, just imagine how adorable their little stubby arms and legs would be..

Also, Miiverse Kids confirmed:

Gosh, they look so adorable in a 3D style! :laugh:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I checked the dude's twitter. He's not a journalist, just an 18 years old fan.

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
Switching the subject to a theoretical Rhythm Heaven stage, doing music for that one would be tricky because the stage hazards would absolutely have to match the beat, period, that's the character of the game itself.

If it's in the game and has two music tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if the stage simply had two variations dependent on which music track is playing. Divorcing the action from the music would be a total no-no to me if I were designing something after it, but we'll see if something like that exists.

The other issue is that keeping the music on a specific track means that the hazards are always the same, every time through, which means that WarioWare would be a superior 'wtf random nonsense happening' stage in so far as keeping people on their toes go.

It'd be a difficult balancing act to stay true to Rhythm Heaven's general character, but I'm sure they could pull it off.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Switching the subject to a theoretical Rhythm Heaven stage, doing music for that one would be tricky because the stage hazards would absolutely have to match the beat, period, that's the character of the game itself.

If it's in the game and has two music tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if the stage simply had two variations dependent on which music track is playing. Divorcing the action from the music would be a total no-no to me if I were designing something after it, but we'll see if something like that exists.

The other issue is that keeping the music on a specific track means that the hazards are always the same, every time through, which means that WarioWare would be a superior 'wtf random nonsense happening' stage in so far as keeping people on their toes go.

It'd be a difficult balancing act to stay true to Rhythm Heaven's general character, but I'm sure they could pull it off.
It could go the Hanenbow route and not have 'music tracks' as the environment affects the music and the music effects the environment.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping for a Chorus Kids reveal soon.
I can definitely see them being the last character reveal before the games release. I mean, Sakurai did say for the Robin announcement that he was reaching the last few newcomer videos... and Shulk definitely didn't feel like the last one; I think Sakurai would have said something if it was... so... maybe Chorus Kids this Friday?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm really hoping for a Chorus Kids reveal soon.
I can definitely see them being the last character reveal before the games release. I mean, Sakurai did say for the Robin announcement that he was reaching the last few newcomer videos... and Shulk definitely didn't feel like the last one; I think Sakurai would have said something if it was... so... maybe Chorus Kids this Friday?
To be honest I think Ridley/Mewtwo would be a better last 'public' reveal, with everyone else (Including Chorus Men) be secrets.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Yeah, Chorus Kids (and, to a much greater extent, Duck Hunt) definitely feel like the Game & Watches of this game (assuming both are in). They're the guys who you unlike near-last and you're like 'who the hell is this guy?'.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
To be honest I think Ridley/Mewtwo would be a better last 'public' reveal, with everyone else (Including Chorus Men) be secrets.
Unfortunately, this seems like it would most likely be the case.. If they're going to show off any last minute hype characters, Ridley and Mewtwo would be the ones to reveal over lesser-known characters such as the Kids. It's kind've sad, I was really hoping to see a reveal trailer for the the lil' guys.. I'd absolutely lose my mind. :c

Though, there's always the possibility of them jamming a bunch of the newcomers into one huge final trailer reminiscent of Brawl's E3 reveal, since it'll be the night before release and we're going to know all the characters anyway.

Cue the Chorus Kids riding in on the back of Ridley in an intense battle against Mewtwo and K. Rool with Bandana Dee's spears flying everywhere! :chuckle:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Unfortunately, this seems like it would most likely be the case.. If they're going to show off any last minute hype characters, Ridley and Mewtwo would be the ones to reveal over lesser-known characters such as the Kids. It's kind've sad, I was really hoping to see a reveal trailer for the the lil' guys.. I'd absolutely lose my mind. :c

Though, there's always the possibility of them jamming a bunch of the newcomers into one huge final trailer reminiscent of Brawl's E3 reveal, since it'll be the night before release and we're going to know all the characters anyway.

Cue the Chorus Kids riding in on the back of Ridley in an intense battle against Mewtwo and K. Rool with Bandana Dee's spears flying everywhere! :chuckle:
Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Chorus Kids, AND Bandana Dee? You are truly awesome. :laugh:
Also, who said secret characters couldn't have trailers?;)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
OMG THOSE PICTURES ARE SO CUTE, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG KAWAII!!!
IKR!? The cuteness factor is like 10% of the reason I want them in. :grin:

Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Chorus Kids, AND Bandana Dee? You are truly awesome. :laugh:
Also, who said secret characters couldn't have trailers?;)
Heh, I actually had a thought that they may include ingame reveal trailers and show them upon unlocking newcomers, including the hidden characters that aren't publicly known. That way, everyone would get to have their hyped reveal in a "newcomer verbs the noun" fashion!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
You know what, count me in for bandwagon support, late as it may be. I was on the fence since they first appeared on the Gematsu leak, but I am now in full support. This character idea seems just up Sakurai's alley in terms of wacky playstyle. Plus, I just love how adorable they are.

It seems likely to me that we will be getting 4-5 more characters, and I think this idea is too far out of left field to be completely made up by leakers. There is the chance that they were scrapped during development, but I'm pretty sure they're in at this point.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Welp, guys.. :colorful:

image.jpg

It's time. It has, without a doubt, been an incredibly thrilling ride with all of you; through Gematsus and Sneaky Spirits.. We will very soon know the fate of our adorable rhythm heroes, and I'm absolutely exploding with anticipation.

I sincerely hope to be beaming with pride by morning. I bid you all a good night! :grin:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
No matter what the fate of our beloved Chorus Kids are, you guys are my favorite supporters.

And remember, DLC is a potential thing now, so we might still have a shot at this even if they're not in the initial game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Karate Joe apparently disconfirmed on the stream.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is he an assist trophy or something?

Also, sorry Karate Joe fans.. :crying:
Word of mouth is the only way I know. I didn't actually see it. Based on the context, either AT or enemy. HIGHLY doubt he's an enemy though.

Top Bottom