• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Initially, when the second part of the Gematsu leak came out, I thought that the Chorus Kids were a ridiculous addition. Yeah, we already got Wii Fit Trainer at that point, but I felt that this was taking it a bit far. But the same leak also had Chrom, Palutena, and Shulk, three of my most wanted newcomers, so in a way, I felt a bit compelled to support them, especially when the Gematsu leak seemed to be getting everything right.

Then E3 happened, and we saw the Sneaky Spirit enemy. At that point, I thought, "Okay, looks like the Gematsu leak is the real deal after all. But I guess they could be fun fighters." So much so that I looked up footage of their games, and wound up buying and loving Fever. So now, even with the Gematsu leak's death, I still would not mind them being in the game at all. Of all RH characters, they seem like the best choice, since they're the mascots and featured in the most popular game in the series.

Of course, the ESRB leak doesn't do them any favors, but I'm hoping that there are still more characters left to show. Because it'd seem wrong to have a RH enemy in Smash Run without a RH rep; I feel the same about the Polar Bear enemy and the potential of the Ice Climbers being cut.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't look like Chorus Kids are happening. The CSS was final, let's face it. There's no real reason why it would not be.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There's no real reason why it would not be.
The lock on the all stars mode on the leak + the explanation in today's POTD.

Of course, it's possible that screenshot in the leak was a new save file one. We can't say for sure.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Wow. It's almost as if Sakurai is trying to disprove the people attempting to debunk certain aspects of the leak with how incredibly specific he was.

In any case, I'm very glad to see official confirmation of the leaked roster being incomplete, though I had no doubts in the first place.

If this PoTD wasn't proof enough; don't give up hope anyone! :chuckle: We'll be beating the beat soon enough.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Today's PoTD really gave me my hopes back for a RH rep in the game, even though there isn't a composer from the game on the "Music" section of the website, I just really want to see the Chorus Kids (or anyone at this point) in the game!

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801

Found this on tumblr before the Gematsu leak.
That's a really good idea! :)

I think Smash 5 will literally be the uprising of the assistant trophies, a lot of the characters wanted were confirmed as them already and knowing Sakurai, there's going to be more in the future. Though, I'm sure one of the assist trophies will probably get the Little Mac treatment next time, I still see a slight possibly that a character could still be a possibly to be DLC after being confirmed for assist trophy status. There's a character that part of a final smash AND an assist trophy and that's never happened in the history of smash. It might be a bit of a stretch but we'll have to see what Sakurai does.

Wow. It's almost as if Sakurai is trying to disprove the people attempting to debunk certain aspects of the leak with how incredibly specific he was.

In any case, I'm very glad to see official confirmation of the leaked roster being incomplete, though I had no doubts in the first place.

If this PoTD wasn't proof enough; don't give up hope anyone! :chuckle: We'll be beating the beat soon enough.
I wouldn't say this gives them a huge chance, it gives them more wiggle-room so-to-speak which is always great. :grin:

I'm still hoping for the best for this guys, I hope they make it in!

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Today's PoTD really gave me my hopes back for a RH rep in the game, even though there isn't a composer from the game on the "Music" section of the website, I just really want to see the Chorus Kids (or anyone at this point) in the game!
Funny thing is, they actually took the time to revise the wording on the Music page just recently. As we were previously hypothesizing, the composer list was likely referring to the musicians working on new arrangements; not necessarily a credits list to all of the music in the game, since major composers like Koji Kondo weren't on the list, yet we knew his music was indeed in the game.

And sure enough, they clarified this:

It said "Musicians of Nintendo 3DS version" prior to the revision.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Funny thing is, they actually took the time to revise the wording on the Music page just recently. As we were previously hypothesizing, the composer list was likely referring to the musicians working on new arrangements; not necessarily a credits list to all of the music in the game, since major composers like Koji Kondo weren't on the list, yet we knew his music was indeed in the game.

But that does only say new arrangements..So does that mean we may not see Rhythm Heaven arrangements if our monochrome trio is in the game? Or am I just misunderstanding all of this?

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
But that does only say new arrangements..So does that mean we may not see Rhythm Heaven arrangements if our monochrome trio is in the game? Or am I just misunderstanding all of this?
Basically, it doesn't affect Rhythm Heaven music in any way. If there are RH arrangements in the game, Tsunku (RH composer) still wouldn't be listed because a different composer would be remastering his themes. The musician list on the website isn't crediting the original composers of newly arranged songs, only the ones actually doing the arranging. As such, Koji Kondo isn't included on the list even though we've heard remixes of his music in the game so far. (a bunch of the Mario themes)

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Oh okay, understood.
Anyway, I'm sure this has been asked before, but given its only a matter of eleven days til release. (in Japan anyway.) Does anyone still expect a trailer for the Chorus Kids or them being a hidden character? I'm leaning to the latter of course.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Hidden character, without a doubt. They seem like this game's Game/Watch, that weird 'who the hell is this guy?' character you get toward the end.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Interesting new leak:
I have more for you, but this time no pictures since I haven't gotten my hands on the new system.

Every game cart of Smash Bros for 3DS has two playable characters that can only be used if you're playing on a *NEW* 3DS system (they will also be on the Wii U).

Play as either the Ice Climbers or the Chorus Men from RH. These two characters only work on the upcoming system (and Wii U), and you better believe Nintendo knows Smashtards will all purchase the dumb hardware upgrade for this.

Also, THERE IS A NEW 3DS EXCLUSIVE stage: AMIIBO FLOATS

Not ****ing joking. It's like Pokemon Floats but only you can send Amiibos into your game and fight on top of them. Also, in multiplayer, all players can send in Amiibos at once, causing the stage to thrash around between platforms chaotically. It starts out on a giant Mr. Saturn, and stays there until you throw down an amiibo.

Have fun, ****ers. I will be proven right when the Smashtards search through the game's datafiles upon release, and then in early October's Nintendo Direct for the reveal of the IC & CM trailer, which I've seen. A clash of music and ice themes.

in true Nintendo fashion, the Ice Climbers and Chorus men can only be used in local multiplayer. You can cross 3DS and New3DS with them in local, but you still can only play the IC and CM on NEW3DS. Thems the breaks
Probably fake though..
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/261312286/smash-bros-new3ds-info

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
"Play as either the Ice Climbers or the Chorus Men from RH. These two characters only work on the upcoming system (and Wii U)

You can cross 3DS and New3DS with them in local,
but you still can only play the IC and CM on NEW3DS."
Exclusive to the New 3DS due to technical limitations yet they can be crossed to the 3DS in local play? Mhm, keep talking 4chan.. :rolleyes:

I'd actually be pretty mad if they were limited to local play though.. That would make absolutely no sense.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hola cx

I've always loved the thought of Chorus Kids once I saw that one fan-made trailer (Chorus Men beat the beat!"), so I would also love to be signed up as a supporter :3

sadly and unfortunately heartcrushing, though, I haven't tried out a Rhythm Heaven game <///3 (what a crime D: ), but I'm considering on getting either the DS one or the Wii one. Probably the Wii one.

but yeah. that's my short introduction :o

still hoping for them to be in, though :3
the fact that we have no info on them is sad indeed.
does the sneaky spirit still sorta confirm them?

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Hola cx

I've always loved the thought of Chorus Kids once I saw that one fan-made trailer (Chorus Men beat the beat!"), so I would also love to be signed up as a supporter :3

sadly and unfortunately heartcrushing, though, I haven't tried out a Rhythm Heaven game <///3 (what a crime D:), but I'm considering on getting either the DS one or the Wii one. Probably the Wii one.

Welcome!
Hehe, I'm in the same boat as you sadly. Haven't played a rhythm heaven game yet.
As for the sneaky spirit, I don't necessarily think it does for them specifically, but that does definitely support their inclusion in my eyes!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Hola cx

sadly and unfortunately heartcrushing, though, I haven't tried out a Rhythm Heaven game <///3 (what a crime D:), but I'm considering on getting either the DS one or the Wii one. Probably the Wii one.

Welcome to the choir, friend! c:

Man, you definitely need to pick up Rhythm Heaven Fever. It's SO incredibly addicting.. plus the soundtrack is amazing.

In regards to their chances, I believe that the Kids are in a very very positive position right now, with the reserved final spot in the 3DS stage selection screen for a potential Rhythm Heaven stage and the Sneaky Spirits as you mentioned. As I posted previously, a Nintendo rep actually stated that the Smash Run enemies are "elements from every game", implying that they're from each character-represented series.. and with the Sneaky Spirit being an enemy.. yeah.

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice

Oooh I didn't notice that before, it all keeps getting better!

Hola cx

sadly and unfortunately heartcrushing, though, I haven't tried out a Rhythm Heaven game <///3 (what a crime D: ), but I'm considering on getting either the DS one or the Wii one. Probably the Wii one.

Hi! I hadn't played a RH game either until a few weeks ago, after I heard about the Chorus Men and Rhythm Heaven in general I got extremly interested in it so I got the Wii one, I'm still finishing the game right now (only 20 more perfects and its done!). I have only tried the Wii one and I really liked it, so I recommend it (although maybe you would like to check the DS one out, thats where the CK are)

Basically, it doesn't affect Rhythm Heaven music in any way. If there are RH arrangements in the game, Tsunku (RH composer) still wouldn't be listed because a different composer would be remastering his themes. The musician list on the website isn't crediting the original composers of newly arranged songs, only the ones actually doing the arranging. As such, Koji Kondo isn't included on the list even though we've heard remixes of his music in the game so far. (a bunch of the Mario themes)
Hmmm I get it now, that's cool. I love the RH music, I hope they make a good job remastering them.

So we'll probably get remastered versions of the DS RH games on the 3DS version and remastered versions of RH Fever for the Wii U version I suppose? I really want a full version of Remix 8 (in english), one of my favorites songs on Fever.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I love the RH music, I hope they make a good job remastering them.

So we'll probably get remastered versions of the DS RH games on the 3DS version and remastered versions of RH Fever for the Wii U version I suppose? I really want a full version of Remix 8 (in english), one of my favorites songs on Fever.
Even just glancing through the list of composers and the games they've created music for, it's very clear that they've got an extremely talented lineup of musicians. The soundtrack will be, without a doubt, simply incredible.. Just imagining what they could do with Rhythm Heaven music makes me really excited!

My most wanted remastered songs would have to be:
-Dreams of Our Generation/Night Walk
-Karate Man (Wii)
-Remix 8 (DS)
-See-Saw
-Remix 8 (Wii)
-Glee Club (it's a given! :chuckle:)

What about you guys?

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Even just glancing through the list of composers and the games they've created music for, it's very clear that they've got an extremely talented lineup of musicians. The soundtrack will be, without a doubt, simply incredible.. Just imagining what they could do with Rhythm Heaven music makes me really excited!

-Karate Man (Wii)
-Remix 8 (DS)
-See-Saw
-Remix 8 (Wii)

What about you guys?
The love lab song!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Remix 9 from Fever
Remix 5 from Tengoku
Paradise from Gold

By the way, I notice that there's way too little mention of Rhythm Tengoku in here. Constantly. And there's even people in other threads saying Rhythm Heaven DS was the first one. Such a terrible injustice.

You can find used japanese copies on amazon for $20 dollars, and plus shipping it's a bit over $30 (ships from japan.)
Not into buying stuff and prefer to be cheap? Find an emulator somewhere I can't tell you and play that game. Just as fun as the DS and Wii versions with some things that make it perhaps a bit harder. Especially if emulated since then it might affect input lag.
And you don't really need to know Japanese to appreciate it and figure things out.

Seriously, if you like the series, you owe it to yourself. Some of the songs in that game are phenomenal. And it's also what started it all.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'd even go to say Tengoku might be my favorite of the series, maybe tied with Fever.
Although I've never played it proper since all the emulators I've tried produced too much input lag. I was able to get at least an OK on all the minigames though.

-Karate Man (Wii)
-Remix 8 (DS)
-See-Saw
-Remix 8 (Wii)

What about you guys?
Tengoku's Remix 5 for sure.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Remix 9 from Fever
Remix 5 from Tengoku
Paradise from Gold

By the way, I notice that there's way too little mention of Rhythm Tengoku in here. Constantly. And there's even people in other threads saying Rhythm Heaven DS was the first one. Such a terrible injustice.

You can find used japanese copies on amazon for $20 dollars, and plus shipping it's a bit over $30 (ships from japan.)
Not into buying stuff and prefer to be cheap? Find an emulator somewhere I can't tell you and play that game. Just as fun as the DS and Wii versions with some things that make it perhaps a bit harder. Especially if emulated since then it might affect input lag.
And you don't really need to know Japanese to appreciate it and figure things out.

Seriously, if you like the series, you owe it to yourself. Some of the songs in that game are phenomenal. And it's also what started it all.
The one song off the top of my head from Tengoku that almost is a guarantee to be in is The Bon Odori.

Also from the DS version I would love the 1st menu theme.

As well as a Karate Joe theme medley.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I honestly think we'll get some DLC now; and that it'll have a slot reserved for DLC (when selected, it prompts a second screen showing the DLC characters, and you select from there.)

I think the DLC line-up will be (if the characters shown aren't already in):

Pack 1:
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Lucas
Wolf
Snake

Pack 2:
Dixie Kong
Impa
RH Rep (Karate Man/Joe or Chorus Kids)
Rayman

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If I had to pick two tracks from each game to be in Smash, I'd go with...
Rhythm Tengoku:
WISH (Remix 5)
Tap Trial

Rhythm Heaven:
That's Paradise
Shoot-Em-Up

Rhythm Heaven Fever:
Beautiful One Day (Remix 9)
Samurai Slice

Bonus: Dreams of Our Generation

That was hard.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Isn't it though!? There's way too many great songs to choose from..

Nice picks everyone! Here's hoping they'll be able to include as many as possible.
No one mentioned the beautiful soothing vocals of 'Air Rally' that would wonderfully compliment a fight to the death.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
One thing I'm really hoping for is some music pack DLC. Maybe a few dollars a pop for five or so songs, likely set a series-based theme, like Mario or Fire Emblem or whatever.

I could see RH getting a few of those, if Nintendo decides to go that route.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
One thing I'm really hoping for is some music pack DLC. Maybe a few dollars a pop for five or so songs, likely set a series-based theme, like Mario or Fire Emblem or whatever.

I could see RH getting a few of those, if Nintendo decides to go that route.
I'd definitely purchase that, no doubt. In fact, I could see myself buying packs for nearly every series.. I'm all for more songs. (especially from Pokemon, Kirby, and Megaman :love:) It would definitely be a genius move on Nintendo's part to rack in some extra cash from us music-lovers, that's for sure.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
As an aside, I forget; Have we talked about the unidentified pink stage on the leak? I keep hearing both Magicant and Rhythm Heaven for that one.
Unfortunately, I think it more closely resembles Magicant with the spiral-like structures. However, it's very likely that the final space in the selection screen will be the Rhythm Heaven stage unlocked with the Kids since new series stages are typically unlocked with their respective newcomers. It certainly works out a little too well.

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Rhythm Tengoku:
WISH (Remix 5)
Tap Trial

Rhythm Heaven:
That's Paradise
Shoot-Em-Up

Rhythm Heaven Fever:
Samurai Slice

That was hard.
But didn't Sakurai Menton that the 3DS version is only getting 2 tracks per stage? Must be tough choosing only 2 songs per stage to make the cut...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
But didn't Sakurai Menton that the 3DS version is only getting 2 tracks per stage? Must be tough choosing only 2 songs per stage to make the cut...
Oh yeah, that's for the supposed Wii U stage.

Assuming there is a Wii U stage.
If CK do (does?) get into the game, I'd be really surprised if Glee Club is absent.
It's the kind of music you'd hear when drinking in a fancy bar or cafe, not for fighting. It just doesn't fit lol.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Well, Sakurai did say this in a PoTD:

"In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area."

With that said, there's definitely hope for a ton of extra Rhythm Heaven tunes to be included! ..I'm not entirely sure that I would set Glee Club to be the background song for an intense match of Smash Run though.. :laugh:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Rhythm Tengoku:
WISH (Remix 5)
Tap Trial

Rhythm Heaven:
That's Paradise
Shoot-Em-Up

Rhythm Heaven Fever:
Samurai Slice

That was hard.
Fantastic choices.

The only one I would challenge is having See-Saw instead of Samurai Slice. But that's just a minor qualm

*claps*

Top Bottom