• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Smash Club

cykofox

Smash Ace
Kehpri is slowly warming up to brawl..yes...

we should play: I want to test you my yoshi a couple of things..

khepri

Smash Lord
I didn't mean to, I just noticed it as well. I needed more clips with you in them but you have best ones on your wii so we can wait for the capture card to get those on a vid.

BIG C

Smash Master
if you are using WMM go to the storyboard part well above it and click show timeline in the timeline there are 3 sections Video, Audio/Music, and Title Overlay to mute the video audio you just go to the Audio/Music row and right click the video's audio and then mute. voila no smash sounds.

khepri

Smash Lord
if you are using WMM go to the storyboard part well above it and click show timeline in the timeline there are 3 sections Video, Audio/Music, and Title Overlay to mute the video audio you just go to the Audio/Music row and right click the video's audio and then mute. voila no smash sounds.
Ahh, thank you!

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
'Aaaaaaay guys.

Sorry I haven't talked to any of you in 2 weeks, I've been out of town, rarely getting the chance to log onto SWF.

Hope everythings well with CSC. I don't think I'll be able to make it to this Sunday's meeting, but I'm going to try my best.

-Henry

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Is this every week or what? is it still going down? Saturday im heading down to chicago... so if anyone wants to play please pm today. also if this smashfest is on sat or sun i might be able to come.. idk because i might be doing family things, so i wont be able to say if i can play smash or not until i get there.

P.S. Is there smash64 at these things? if so i need to practice because i havent played that game againts anyone but the COMs in forever..

Akashi

Smash Lord
Currently there's no 64, just Melee and Brawl. Yes, it happens every Sunday, basically all day/all night. It's fairly easy to get to Khepri's apartment from 53rd/Hyde Park train station (it's a 5min walk and it's extremely straight forward). If you got anymore questions, PM either Khepri or me (I'm saying me as well because I understand Khepri is probably really busy).

Akashi

Smash Lord
That... I don't know, lol. If you take the metra to 53rd/Hyde Park, exit out of the station and turn left and continue to go down 2streets (past the first walkway, if you pass by a Dentist office you're going the right way) and take a left at the next light. Continue down until you reach the apartment complex, enter the revolving doors and bam, you're there. If you're coming Sunday, Big C, I'll wait for you at the 53rd train station and we can walk there together, but it's up to you.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh idk if i'll be there this time but the way i get there is the south shore/orange line which takes me to 57th(hyde park) but, thanks for the offer i'll see what i can do

khepri

Smash Lord
me, tink, and spoon might show up this weekend. what time do you guys usually start???

and i might need directions from the train still not sure.
We can start anytime, last time we started at noon but people are welcome at any time.

From the 57th street stop you have to walk north until you reach 53rd street and then head east until you reach hyde park blvd. My place is on the block between 53rd and 51st next to a giant park. I'll make you a map later on tonight when I get home from work. It's much easier than it sounds.

Zjiin

Smash Master
heh k thank you sir

and I've been to your place before with the tinkles where tink beat peter chen with DK in the finals it was tooo good
He is at a new location from that time i think. (that must have been a while ago becasue you mentioned the chen) I should be coming up this weekend also.

BIG C

Smash Master
i just figured it was the same place since we have to call him to get in and it's in the basement again. well it was in a different room for that tourny. the one we did swiss for was in the basement

Zjiin

Smash Master
i just figured it was the same place since we have to call him to get in and it's in the basement again. well it was in a different room for that tourny. the one we did swiss for was in the basement
that was like, two places ago , lol.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
alright cool is there a way you get can get to where i live? I have no way of transportation lol.
Eh, I wanna go this weekend but I'm flat broke lol, and wouldn't mind a ride either. I'm in the generally area too, Park forest/Richton Park. PM if you have transportation or not, if not I still might go if I cop some phantom funds.:dizzy:

khepri

Smash Lord
Sooooooooo.....Who's willing to bring another tv?

This time around it seems like it'll be:
-Khepri
-Akashi
-Mr. Automatic
-Turkey
-Byron
-Zjiin

And maybe's from:
-Kels
-Zeus
-BigC
-Spoon
-Leech
-Clever

That seems like an awful lot of people for two tvs...who can help out? We also need wiis and/or gamecubes if people want to play melee.

Mini-tourney anyone?

khepri

Smash Lord
if we go and we drive instead of taking the train i'll bring a setup.
Oh, thank you!

In case anyone else needs directions from the metra or the 55 bus, here they are again:

Directions from 55 Bus:

Directions from 55th/57th/59th Metra Stop:

Directions from the 53rd Street Metra Stop:

Remember the metra trains that stop by my place are the Metra Electric Line trains as well as the Northern Indiana Rail.

khepri

Smash Lord
I also have some favors to ask of anyone that comes. Please be respectful to those around you, especially with bodily functions. Don't just throw out a burp/fart in the middle of a room, seriously, I don't understand how I've run into so many people that think that's acceptable. If you must, please head to a bathroom. A burp isn't that bad as long as you don't throw it at someone's face. Also, everyone, please wear deodorant. It sucks being in an enclosed area with B.O. circulating around.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
**** I forgot all about dem bears playing late on sunday, this is a tough choice. Oh well, if I don't get a ride or something I'm cool either way.

Top Bottom