• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check Out These Smash 3DS Billboards From Japan

andimidna

Smash Master
Not checking if these all exist, but based off trailers and banners we need:
:4villager::4mario:
:4wiifit::4mario::4link::4kirby:
:4megaman::4mario::4link:
:rosalina::4kirby:
:rosalina::4kirby::4mario::4dk:
:rosalina::4palutena::4lucina::4robinf:(bias)
:rosalina::4shulk::4zss::4sheik:(blond...no, just bias again)
:4littlemac::4samus:
:4littlemac::4zss:
:4littlemac:Male:4wiifit:('cause fitness)
:4greninja::4zss::4sheik::4yoshi:
:4greninja::4mario::4charizard:
:4greninja::4lucario::mewtwopm:
:4mii::4mii::4mii::4mii:(just advertise them against themselves)
:4palutena::4pit::4link:
:4pacman::4megaman:(pretty much already got the one he needed)
:4pacman::4mario:
:4pacman::gw:(might as well just confirm him...)
:4lucina::4robinm::4falcon:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinf:
:4shulk::4bowser:
:4shulk::4marth::4link:
:4shulk::4marth::4pit::4kirby:

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
"Rural" Japan is fairly comparable to the majority of American small towns. I agree, I enjoyed being in small town Japan waaaaay more than Tokyo. Tokyo was fun to visit, but yeah. You begin to see where the Japanese mentality towards technology and the value of humanity begins to stem from - I'm referring to the Japanese media, at least: movies, anime, and the like.
I'm glad someone understood my small-term plight. I agree it takes after American culture well, but in my eyes, I see Tokyo taking a page of 1950s American city life and them building upon that.

Still though, the reek of materialism on the streets really bugs me, I never seen so many soulless, sexually repressed robots. I remember reading up on an article in Tokyo of the corpses of homeless people being "discovered" 2 weeks after their passing in broad daylight on the sidewalk. So yeah, there is their issue of apathy.

But otherwise, Japan is an...ok vacation spot for it's natural beauty(save for how expensive everything there is, and of course, I don't recommend going there as a pretty white girl based on the traumatic stories I've read up), just don't go there when they soon turn the whole nation into a "giant robot with slimy tentacle arms" factory. Cherish your experiences in "country Japan" like Satoyama like I do, avoid the more robust/busy cities is something I would advise. Of course,take my opinion based on experiences and research with a grain of salt since I'm a cynical asshole.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm glad someone understood my small-term plight. I agree it takes after American culture well, but in my eyes, I see Tokyo taking a page of 1950s American city life and them building upon that.

Still though, the reek of materialism on the streets really bugs me, I never seen so many soulless, sexually repressed robots. I remember reading up on an article in Tokyo of the corpses of homeless people being "discovered" 2 weeks after their passing in broad daylight on the sidewalk. So yeah, there is their issue of apathy.

But otherwise, Japan is an...ok vacation spot for it's natural beauty(save for how expensive everything there is, and of course, I don't recommend going there as a pretty white girl based on the traumatic stories I've read up), just don't go there when they soon turn the whole nation into a "giant robot with slimy tentacle arms" factory. Cherish your experiences in "country Japan" like Satoyama like I do, avoid the more robust/busy cities is something I would advise. Of course,take my opinion based on experiences and research with a grain of salt since I'm a cynical *******.
I think you took any pessimism I had and amplified it by ten, ha ha. For all the negatives you and I agree on, I'm not too worried about real-life tentacle monsters.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I think you took any pessimism I had and amplified it by ten, ha ha. For all the negatives you and I agree on, I'm not too worried about real-life tentacle monsters.
Oh, I apologize for the rant, If anything, it was just culture shock since I was once a japanophile. Believe me, there are things I like about the culture.

Blue Phoenix

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0001-3910-6032
You know what's funny? I saw a Kmart poster advertising yoga clothes. The model was brunette and wore a blue yoga top and grey yoga pants and she looked just like WFT. Coincidence?

(Completely, but the irony tho. XD)

Top Bottom