• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check Out These Smash 3DS Billboards From Japan

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Overseas in Japan, hype is mounting for the upcoming release of Smash Bros. for 3DS, which is coming out the 12th of this month. As part of Nintendo's advertising campaign, billboards advertising the game have popped up all over Japan, and they're pretty neat. Wouldn't it be awesome to see billboards like this in the West?

A Japanese YouTube user by the name of HOT NEWS CH uploaded this video, which is a compilation of pictures from train stations and public malls. Take a look:

What do you think? Which matchup would you like to see on a billboard the most? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is ready for fall. And Smash. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Does anyone else wish they lived in Japan right now?

Cuz, you know...

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Wish there were ads like that in the subway stations and bus stops where.I live...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aww, they didn't get a shot of the Palutena VS Rosalina one. :c

D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Samus vs. Wii Fit Trainer?
This picture comes to mind for some reason...:shades:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
The Sonic ones are the best.

I'm not biased but

they're the best.

Okay maybe I'm biased. XP

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've been wanting to live in Japan for many year. :)
I lived there for about a month. It's a generally good place. It has a lot of similarities with America, but of course it has many differences as well.

Wanting to live in Japan due to lust or materialism though is a horrible motivation to live anywhere. As an 18-year old (it's been a while), that was a large part of my motivation to go. Of course, I wanted to learn more about the language, and people, and so forth as well.

Japan is a place where, if you have an attention to detail, there is almost always something of interest to see. But human beings can get used to anything. Stay there long enough, and the simple things won't impress you as much.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd love to go to Japan simply because the communities seem interesting, which is in part because of how big stuff like video games are.

Plus, nobody will scold me for playing Smash in public.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
What's the point? Is this like in Battle Royale where characters had Rivals?

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I love how there is no sign of Little Mac at all in the advertisements.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't help but think the Sonic VS Pikachu one is a subliminal advertisement for "Sonichu".

Because it's literally the first thing that comes to mind.

D

Deleted member

I lived there for about a month. It's a generally good place. It has a lot of similarities with America, but of course it has many differences as well.

Wanting to live in Japan due to lust or materialism though is a horrible motivation to live anywhere. As an 18-year old (it's been a while), that was a large part of my motivation to go. Of course, I wanted to learn more about the language, and people, and so forth as well.

Japan is a place where, if you have an attention to detail, there is almost always something of interest to see. But human beings can get used to anything. Stay there long enough, and the simple things won't impress you as much.
It's always nice to learn about people's experience in Japan, so I appreciate seeing your two cents on the matter.

As for me, my desire to live in Japan comes from the culture itself. I want to see how it is like to live with an entirely different group of people (as well as how life is like to live by myself). I also just got back to learning Japanese (日本語), which is a huge motivation for me to live in Japan. There is a lot about Japan that I am interested in and not just manga, video games, or anime (otherwise I wouldn't have considered moving). I also intend on becoming an ESL teacher for a career, teaching in various countries in East, Southeast, and South Asia.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did it first you slow Shulk mainer.

I had posted it as part of the image compilation BEFORE a mislead disappointment in lack of DK VS Little Mac was expressed, long before BOTH of you posted it!!!

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Japan...

I want your stuff over here.

Not like I'm jelous
I am extremly jelous.

Top Bottom