• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheapest character in the game

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Cheap = anyone can pick a character up and win with them, see Melee Sheik.

Snake does take practice to be good with, and he's not that great anyway, and he isn't 'cheap'. Of course if you practice alot with him you can play him well.

Right now I'd say Olimar, he's just good, his ONLY downsides are his recovery and the fact that he's light.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Pit is easy to play, but I don't think he's OP. It's fine and dandy that he has the most spam-friendly moves, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have the number of KO moves nor the range on the few he actually has to be a PITA for a competent player that's seen his flavor of cheese before (it's gouda, by the way).

EDIT: Pit's only cheap if you let him be cheap.

mzink*

Smash Ace
cheap

I dont know if the character is necessarily cheap, but ive played against some cheap ppl that play as Pit. once they get one up on me on ko's they float around up high and play hard to get and dont even finish the battle, all i can do is chuck stuff at them.

mzink*

Smash Ace
at least try to attack me or somethin while ur floatin around so its not as lame

Ulevo

Smash Master
I wouldn't regard Pit as cheap, but he is certainly the most spammable character, and the easiest to camp with. He will likely be a good reason why certain stages are banned. In order to beat a Pit properly, you need to stay on his *** all the time, so that he has to use his melee, causing his KO moves to decay. Otherwise he will just shoot you until his hearts content, and send you flying when you come close at a higher percent.

I would say, as a personal mainer of Falco, that he's pretty bad too. Falco just can't fly away forever (poor Falco), and doesn't have a constant reflect to combat other projectile spammers.

Lessthan_tom

Smash Cadet
I think Meta Knight by far. They can spam specials all day and they'll build up damage on you just as fast as your doing to them unless you have projectiles or are really good.
That's not true at all. Metaknight only has two multi-hit specials. Side B - the drill rush and neutral B - the tornado thing. The tornado is safe to use quite a bit, but far from spamable and the drill rush is useless in combo except maybe to throw in suddenly as a surprise attack for mindgames. Most of what makes MK cheap is his ftilit and dtilt and his ridiculous(for brawl) air comboing because of multiple jumps and fast, lagless airs that have decent disjointed range. Also on the subject of really long recoverys (MK's being the longest and probably most versatile in the game), like Pit he's ridiculously light so it doesn't really matter.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I have three friends who assert that Bowser is cheap because shorthop forward fire breath racks up 40-60% on chars with little DI capabilities (i.e. Ike). They also decry t3h evilz of t3h Bowserc1de!!!111--which CANNOT be spammed against anyone who knows how to DI, has no range, and requires the opponent to be off-guard or at 100+% to work properly. Give me a break.

Personally, to me Pit is hands down the WORST spammer in the game in the hands of a n00b. Directional arrows, Angel Ring that combos/racks up dmg/reflects and Mirror Shield that reflects at high speed with increased damage. Not to mention Demi-god recovery. Good thing I main him (hehehe).

Edit: agree with above post completely.

SirChubbs

Smash Rookie
Am I in the wrong to say wolf? That forward smash takes like half of battlefield and combos into another fsmash. And his lasers r pretty annoyin..

Warios forward smash can be a pain.

As for pit.... Yea, his arrows r ridiculous. But his comeback is easily nerfed if he busts out the wings. All u gotta do is laser him if ur wolf or falco, arrow him, etc and he falls. His side b when it doesnt hit leaves pit reallly wide open, same with his rapid a. And like sum1 said, when he is forced to melee with his kill moves he gets in trouble.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
One word. Olimar.

I still have yet to figure out a method of beating him with Luigi without the luxury of long range combat.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I'm a Snake main and I agree that he's annoying to fight against. Against a good Snake player he will make sure you have no options with the wide array of explosives and shockingly strong tilts and the AAA.

Aside from that, Olimar for that deceptively overpowered Uair, Wolf, Diddy and his bananas, and ROB.

PrinceLegend

Smash Rookie
well my personal opinon would be pit. You say he cant kill easily but. Short hop bair can kill most at like 90%. Also he can attack off stage. The only down fall to him is his Uspecial if he gets hit hes screwed. but then again the main reason whys hes cheap is cause hes easy to use and people stil are learning how to get around him. so id say cheap yes. overpowered no.

reincarN8ed

Smash Rookie
oh, definatly all of the Star Fox characters. their Final Smashes are ridiculously powerful and last way too long. i mean, compared to other Final Smashes, theirs are way too cheap. u can even get a 1-hit kill on some one who just spawned with 0% damage in a second using the "flying" ability. and it lasts way too long. most Final Smashes last only 1 second (Gannondorf and Zelda/Shiek) or can only hit one character (Link, Toon Link) or are completely useless (Luigi, Jigglypuff, Bowser), but the Landmasters are just...well u get the point: they're cheap.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Pit is the cheap character of the game. Arrows can be spammed because of their super quickness, crazy range, and can be aimed. Down-B and Side-B are both relect moves, and the latter can be spammed and it can be hard to DI away from at times. You can put a stop his recovery if you hit hsi up+B, but because it can cover so much distance, you goes way out of reach and sometimes he doesn't even need it because of his multiple jumps.

I haven't even gotten to his A moves yet. Pit is a ***.
oh, definatly all of the Star Fox characters. their Final Smashes are ridiculously powerful and last way too long. i mean, compared to other Final Smashes, theirs are way too cheap. u can even get a 1-hit kill on some one who just spawned with 0% damage in a second using the "flying" ability. and it lasts way too long. most Final Smashes last only 1 second (Gannondorf and Zelda/Shiek) or can only hit one character (Link, Toon Link) or are completely useless (Luigi, Jigglypuff, Bowser), but the Landmasters are just...well u get the point: they're cheap.
Luigi/Jiggs/Bowser's final smashes aren't useless and Triforce Slash can hit up to three people. Landmasters aren't the reason StarFox characters are being called cheap, though.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
most Final Smashes ... are completely useless (Luigi, Jigglypuff, Bowser)
I disagree.

I've never landed Luigi's FS without scoring at least 2 KOs. The trick is not to mash B as soon as you get it, but to wait for an opportunity (i.e. land right on top of someone who's in the middle of teching and hit B. They won't be able to escape).

Also, the only disadavantages I've seen with Giga Bowser/Koopa are as follows:

1. Huge size = huge target. Even though you don't flinch, you still take damage.

2. Huge size = many moves (B, sideB, f/bair to an extent) becoming useless since they hit too far above many opponents. The darkness-imbued f-tilt is hands down Gigakoopa's best move, aside from d-smash to u-air/u-tilt and the always fun down-B on unsuspecting potholes-to-be.

I've only used Jiggs' FS once, and it's highly situational and stage-dependent, so I'll have to agree on that one.

Also, T. Link's FS sucks people in (not sure about Link). Double/triple KOs are possible, though unlikely.

TuRk E

Smash Apprentice
Id say prolly Olimar, I played one oli who just hid and threw the pikmin at me all game, sometimes u can get close to him at all.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
ha. i may be biased with this, but....

Lucas.

Absolutely freaking cheap version of Ness. Everything is in favour.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.... I think Pit is pretty cheap, and after him I would vote IC. I always felt peach was the cheapest character in Melee, she has now relinquished her ranking.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
pit hands down... great ground game, to not mention quick damager and his dash attack can kill at around 170%, his f smash is killer, fair, bair and ftilt have good knockback, arrows = broken, recovery is too **** broken, 2 reflectinguseful moves... total killer

followed shortly by olimar, metaknight, toon link, wolf, snake and diddy which all of them are agile with killer smashes... snakes the only one not agile... his characteristics make him better than any other agile character not mentioning his strength

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Definitely Pit, cheap attacks, two reflector attacks (but honestly, the only reason you'd use down-b instead of side-b as a reflector is that it doesn't have "HIYAYAYAYA"). His moves rack up damage really fast and has decent koing moves. Also, his recovery is already good, he has what, four jumps (the last two jumps are sorta small, but still), and his up+B is good against n00bs that don't know how to gimp it.

xler

Smash Rookie
I'm going to say King Dedede. He IS supposed to be a greedy king

[PU] Poison

Smash Rookie
pikachu and kirby/wolf's fsmash range is too big
Yeah, but who's the cheapest?

Anyway, I'd say Olimar, his Pikmin can be very frustrating and they rack up damage quite easily. It also depends on luck sometimes, specially when it uses his Fair/Bair.

Top Bottom