• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheapest character in the game

Samus-T

Smash Lord
I want to know who you think the cheapest character in brawl is. Most say olimar, snake, pit, etc. i personally think pit is a very cheap character in almost every aspect of the game. what do you think?

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I like this character but you know when you are fighting against the living spam of close, and distant range it gets pretty cheap. His name starts with P, guess.

Olimar disappointed me because you can't throw Pikmin at certain directions... I wish he had more moves... but i still like him.

You know who really is the cheapest char?

LANDMASTAH!!!
Shoop Da Whoop! Lazors! ZOMG!, Roll over like a dog and ride-o-doom not to mention there are 3 of them.

Ruckus

Smash Cadet
South San Francisco, California, United States, No
Wow remove snake from that list imediately. just because ppl are getting owned by the most badass man to step into the super smash fighting arena doesnt mean he is cheap. He is one of the slowest chars in the and knowing wen to utilize his moves takes time to learn. If you have ever played a skilled snake you would know that the player uses everysingle move and doesnt spam the same atack over again.

Im informing les enfates terribles that snakes reputation is under fire. be warned the but wooping of noobs on wifi will increase ten fold.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
(this post was edited 10 pages of this thread)
There have been like 7 or 9 different characters repeatedly listed as cheap characters by many various people. How can there be so many characters that are so efficient in beating everyone else, they need to be labeled as cheap?

I think it's all due to everyone's own individual experiences. If you find a person really good at [insert one of many characters here] and you have trouble beating them, then they're cheap.

There have been a lot of random tournaments so far and no one dominant character or strategy. Even the much anticipated camping strategies haven't been shown in tournament play to dominate the competition.

If people vary their experiences, keep playing different people, and keep trying to get better, it would altogether stop this useless conversation. Please, use your frustration over cheapness to try and get around the problem and get better. Pick up a secondary that counters the cheap characters you play against or look for strategies other use to beat those cheap characters.

Griping doesn't make a person any better of a player.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
If you have ever played a skilled snake you would know that the player uses everysingle move and doesnt spam the same atack over again.
LOL play dsf's snake in a tournament match and i dare u to come back and tell me that snake isn't an annoying character :)

Supax

Smash Apprentice
I would say Pit just because he exceeds in both close range and long range fighting, with the best recovery in the game to top him off. All of his attacks are pretty powerful as well, and he can spam arrows easily in any direction he wants. His only downside is that he doesn't have any easy KO moves, but he can fight off the stage really well so it should be too hard. He can also chase you off the top of the stage just as easily as off the side.

Rufeo

Smash Cadet
I think Meta Knight by far. They can spam specials all day and they'll build up damage on you just as fast as your doing to them unless you have projectiles or are really good.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
I think Meta Knight by far. They can spam specials all day and they'll build up damage on you just as fast as your doing to them unless you have projectiles or are really good.
Meta Knight is only good for putting % on your opponent up close.. It's really hard for him to KO, and against any campy characters he will get destroyed.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Lol at snake being cheap, his moves just take skill to use, its not like he can HIYAAYAYAAYAYYAYA! like pit instantly, most of his moves have the lag.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Lol at snake being cheap, his moves just take skill to use, its not like he can HIYAAYAYAAYAYYAYA! like pit instantly...
Why does everyone consider pit's moves to be cheap? Yes, he can shoot arrows out the ***, but remember that depleting thing? After shooting about 10 they get reduced in damage from being 5-11% to 2-7% (or something like that). The forward B reflects and does damage and can be held out, but it has ridiculous wind down if it touches something and you are left wide open in the back. People have magnetic hands so you can't use it as an edgegaurd because people will grab right through it!

I don't think Pit is "cheap," I think he is just a very solid character.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Bowsercide
Pit's arrows, recovery (big downside) and side-B (against n00bs).
MetaKnight in general but mainly his down-smash, secondary are his special attacks and runner-up are his aerials.
Marth's forward smash (and Fairs secondary).
Olimar's smash attacks.
Zamus stun gun, down-smash stun and B-forward? (Electric whip).
Dedede's chain grab.
Diddy Kong.
Possibly Lucario.
G&W's Bair.
Squirtle's side-B.
Sonic's homing neutral B-attack.
Possibly any space furries' (forward, up?) smash(es).

Snake is hard to spam. He requires skill. Pit's aerial(s) (game) and spacing require skill.

Sonork

Smash Cadet
Snake, Cause he's crazy strong and the heaviest character in the game with an arsenal that could take out a small island.

Lucas, Cause every move has priority over everyone elses, super EZ to use, all attacks are effective crazy upsmash that hits below and to his sides. His head is really fat so he's also heavy.

Ike, KO you at 60% with half his moves boy is he hard to use wow.

Pit, cause characters NEED, they NEED 2 reflective moves. SRSLY NEED EM and one has to make an annoying sound.

lol n_n

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I don't find Pit cheap at all. He's my 2nd main (right behind Ike), and I really stink with him because sure, you can rack up damage all day, but finding that final hit that knocks the opponent off is practically impossible to find...

Travis Touchdown

Smash Rookie
Definately Pit. Though he may not have good knock back, when you're fighting two of him and their both using their SideB it is far more frustrating then anything I have dealt with. The relentless shouts of Hiyayaya! Have led to endless nightmares...

deadringers

Smash Cadet
meta knight=noob knight

I think by far meta knight is one of the cheapest characters in the game. B spam is one of the most annoying moves due to the fact that it has no down time and as far as i know there is no di out of it.... He reminds me of Peach in melee..

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
Pit.

Ugh, he is so freaking annoying, did he really need to be so spammable with such a good recovery too? And dont get me started on his B moves...

Azumouse

Smash Cadet
Pit..he has a broken recovery and he can spam easily, but with fox and falco you dont have to have skill to use them your just good with them no matter how good you are.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Random is really cheap because you don't even know who you're fighting until the match starts. :urg:

Also Landmaster is really cheap how the hell do you kill him :confused:

KKIINNGG

Smash Cadet
Dedede definitely he has powerful attacks and he has the best recovery in the game he throws his annoying minions at you and he is very hard to knock off the stage...

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I hate fighting Olimars more, cause they all do the exact same thing, but Pit is the worst. At least with Olimars you can just counter their keep away game by also playing keep away, you can't do that with Pit. :x

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is becoming an effing beast! He has a crapload of physics exploits and glitches appearing every week, and they all seem usefull!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Pit isn't THAT cheap. Learn to DI properly and his moves will have zero combo potential. His arrows are annoying, but you can sidestep faster than he can shoot arrows.

[rant.exe]
The cheapest char, imo, goes to Olimar. Sakurai made every character bigger because some noob decided to complain about how hard pichu was to hit in melee. Way to complain about the second worst character in melee! Guess what? Olimar is still tiny!
Olimar has the longest freaking fsmash in the game, hell it's better than marth's! Oh your opponent is above you this time, just flick that lil' yeller' stick upwards. Oh they're diagonally in front of you this time? B-up will solve that problem. Utilt and nair are so freaking annoying. Did I mention that lil' bugger is tiny?
Don't even say his recovery is bad, he could just fair you off the ledge or throw a turnip on steroids at you. His tether spikes you too so if you stay on the ledge too long, you're toast anyways (Why can't Ivysaur do this?). [/end rant]

Gindler

Smash Champion
Pit is cheap but people act like his ring is a doomsday weapon, instead of going at them back away when caught in it. Whenever I do that i only take like 5 damge and deal 10 to him so the user usually decides after a few to stop using it. and the arrows? ever hear of still dodge or shorthop air dodge? Oh and recovery? just hit him and his wings will break and he falls to his death (a character with a projectile of any kind can do this so easily.

and bowser? please you can effect where he takes you so unless you're an idiot or hurt alot you're not going to get bowsercided.

All in all, all of these things people are calling cheap are either hard to excecute, easy to escape but no one even tries, or overrated.

Top Bottom