• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters You Want In Just To Make Other Fans Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Isaac--I don't have any ties to him, and there's a bunch of characters I'd rather have, but I think his fans are deserving.
Geno--Never played his game, not a huge fan of how he'd be a ton of work and take a spot of other Mario characters, but I understand his fan base would have their dreams fulfilled.

Shulk started out as this, but then I watched a Xenoblade LP (the only LP I've ever watched for a game I haven't played), and now I want him for my own sake.
Toad started out as this (I was a Jr. supporter until July), as my friend absolutely loves Toad and would main him. However, I then played some old Mario games and wanted him for myself.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Not a Fire Emblem fan but I know a lot of people want Chrom.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've noticed that a recurring mention here is Shulk, and that many people haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles. Which is what I do like to see honestly, is the lack of discrimination despite the lack of interest.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Takamaru, I prefer other retro choices but I can see the appeal of the character and his resurrection, I will be happy for the fanbase of this character.
Pac-Man, from the fourth possible choices for third party characters, Pac-Man is the blandest for me still will be happy to see him in the game and his crowed fulfill of enjoyment with his inclusion.
Black Shadow, Porky, Mewtwo, Palutena, Dixie Kong, Saki, Chibi-Robo and Ray are others that would be glad to see be added for their respective fan bases.

.n_n.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes really.

All I can see is a brute who can wield boxing gloves. (and Little Mac already does that!)
I'm assuming you only know him from DK64? Anyway, to not derail the thread, I'd take this to the K. Rool thread.

To be on topic, Isaac and Shulk for me. They've got some really devoted fans.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Isaac and Shulk for me, having never played either of their games. I think the arguments for Isaac in particular are quite compelling.

Also Samurai Goroh, who I really only support because he's the most logical F-Zero second. If that changes so will my endorsement.

I also like to be surprised. I was one of the many who felt that Pit was making up the numbers in Brawl, but it led to Uprising, which was amazing, and now Pit is my favourite character. So give me whatever you've got.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
So Ridley. Don't really care that for the guy & assume other people only do because the "size dilemma" has been made a bigger deal than it should. I want him in just so everyone would shut up about it.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ridley. Well, it's not just why I support Ridley, since I am a fan of both the character, and the series, as well as seeing him in Smash, but his potential reveal means so much more to TONS of other fans out there that don't have other characters on the brain like I do.

It would also silence all the really obnoxious Ridley haters, who seem determined to tell other people it can't happen for some unfathomable reason, probably because they're awful people, it's the internet and they get free reign to piss in anyone's cornflakes they want.

I'm tired of that, and want to see Ridley confirmed especially so they'll finally shut the **** up. And all his HUGE fans can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I guess PAC man...?

I say I guess because he's the one guy I absolutely DO NOT WANT IN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WHATSOEVER but hey at least @ Pacack Pacack would be happy.

Still would be upset though.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Perhaps Giegue. Barely played Earthbound, so I couldn't be called a fan of the series. I do know that there are plenty of characters Mother fans are divided around, but Giegue seems like something that could please a lot of people as he would be 1. A representative of the first game, 2. A villain representative, and 3. A Retro representative.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ridley. I am not really into the Metroid series, I have only played through part of the original Metroid Prime. However, I can see how absurd it is that three installments into the series, Metroid is still represented by only one character. Ridley needs to be playable in SSB4, and should have been in Brawl.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I initially only wanted K. Rool in because of his dedicated fanbase of which I could relate to, but I quickly began seeing his appeal, so there's an example of a character who became someone I support because of his fanbase.
This for me.
I wasn't a fan of Little Mac until I saw the Awesome Games Done Quick part where one dude played PunchOut blindfolded. This was the turning point for me. :)

Oh and Masked Man, I didn't play Mother3 but his design and his role in the game could convince me to support his fanbase.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

Pacman..... Just for the fans.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isaac. I haven't much experience with the series but my sister loves it, and I do think Golden Sun deserves it.

Ridley. I really care very little for the Metroid series, but Ridley's fans have always been there cheering their character on so I have found a respect of sorts for them and really hope this time they succeed.

Dixie Kong. Started off as this, but I've actually been converted to genuinely like the character, particularly after playing Tropical Freeze.

Bandana Dee. Mostly for Chandelure and his crew. I've played Kirby's Adventure Wii, and obviously there are similarities between Toad and this fellow, but I do sort of support him a little for the sake of the Bandana Brigade's members who seem like a good bunch.

Personal preferences prevent me from supporting the likes of Bowser Jr. but I can see why he'd be considered worthwhile. I can't do the same for Geno though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom