• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you want but have little to no chance.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I was thinking about characters I wanted in smash when a friend asked me if I wanted a new Sonic character. Honestly at first I was like not really no but it got me thinking who my favorite character to come out of Sonic and thats E-102 Gamma. Anyways im not going to into why I like him just yet I just wanted to make a list of characters I'd want in smash but dont have much love. I'm curious to see what others want to see in smash as well but are not in the position to get in.

E-102 Gamma

I dont wanna go to deep into these because im not trying to convince you to vote for these characters. I mean yeah he's really just a robot made by robotnik/eggman but his story made him my favorite character from any Sonic game. He has plenty of tools to be a fighter his booster, gun moves, he can fold up into attacks, maybe spinny robot like moves etc. Though :4rob: has a lot of the robot thing down so yeah.

Dillon the Armadillo
Yeah hes already an assist trophy, plus he doesn't have a huge following. Thats my my hopes are low for this guy, but I still think he would be perfect for Smash. I mean even if they had to do something about him being a trophy they could easily just tell the game the Dillon Trophy cant appear if he is in play.

Pico
Yeah the driver of the Wild Goose and wanted hitman. I don't know, I dont have to much of a reason I just want another F-Zero Rep and Pico is Semi-Relevant being one of the original racers. Black Shadow would also be acceptable but please no Gorroh. Another F-Zero rep is only slightly possible because of how popular Captain Falcon is.

A Custom Robo Rep
I absolutely love Custom Robo but its been dead for so long I feel like it has no chance of a rep unless a new game comes out like now. (Which isnt gonna happen) Well that and there isn't enough support for him either. I would love the Ray 01 the most but Ray Mk III would probably be the one to get in being that he was an assist trophy.

I have more but these are the main ones for me right now. Well besides many pokemon that dont have a chance.:059:

matt91486

Smash Rookie
I would like any Wave Race/1080 character (presumably someone who appeared in both). I think they could have a good moveset between the two, and they would cover some games that have been completely neglected thus far.

D

Deleted member

Sub-Zero would be cool but 0% chance XD

Edit : Even Ed Boon wants Scorpion. Can you imagine Kirby copying him and stealing his spear move?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Ridley. Unless there's some sign of Sakurai changing his mind or someone else deciding DLC characters, I don't see Ridley making it in this edition of Smash. Which is a shame, because he's really the only character I actively want in Smash.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Monster hunter
Megaman EXE
Protoman
Gengar:094:

EDIT: I find it amusing that the guy with the shovel knight avatar didn't list him as an unlikely character he wants, so what do you think he's likely? lol.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Pretty much any character that's already an assist trophy, like Takamaru and Ghirahim.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
EDIT: I find it amusing that the guy with the shovel knight avatar didn't list him as an unlikely character he wants, so what do you think he's likely? lol.
Yeah I almost put him on it but I'm keeping hope. He has a lot of support in the places where his game was released, but yes people are right they dont have his game in japan. I want to believe that they will listen to us and release a character that's game isn't in their country or popular in there country.

They have done it the before in the opposite way.:4lucas::marthmelee: :roymelee:and most didnt even play:4shulk:'s game. I feel they can throw us a bone.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Yeah I almost put him on it but I'm keeping hope. He has a lot of support in the places where his game was released, but yes people are right they dont have his game in japan. I want to believe that they will listen to us and release a character that's game isn't in their country or popular in there country.

They have done it the before in the opposite way.:4lucas::marthmelee::roymelee: and most didnt even play:4shulk:'s game.
Those are all nintendo reps. Shovel knight is indie in addition to not being in japan.

The only thing shovel knight has going for him is his fleeting popularity,and like all indie characters his popularity will crash soon.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Those are all nintendo reps. Shovel knight is indie in addition to not being in japan.

The only thing shovel knight has going for him is his fleeting popularity,and like all indie characters his popularity will crash soon.
Nah not all indie's end up like that but that statement has truth to it. Most Indie games would've died down completely by now. Though I'm not expecting Shovel Knight to happen I am still hoping for it because its not entirely out of the question.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pretty much any character that's already an assist trophy, like Takamaru and Ghirahim.
Same here, in addition to Cia from Hyrule Warriors. Let's just face it, Lana is a much more popular and unique character in comparison to her (A kawaii blue haired J-pop mage with various weapons trumps the dark witch with the scepter/whip hybrid). Then there's the fact that her cleavage bearing outfit is arguably too inappropriate for an E+10 rated Smash, making her as unlikely as freaking Tharja.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
He really is out of the question, there is no reason shovel knight would get in.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I would say 90% of the character I want for have almost no chance in being made characters...

List
Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers
Calista from the Last Story
Savvy Stylist from Trendsetter/Girl-Mode
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles or Bravely Default Character
Glover
Pidgey from Pokemon

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
He really is out of the question, there is no reason shovel knight would get in.
You really cant let a guy dream.

Let it be said, there is many times I and many thought something was impossible for smash but ends up happening.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
well...if you have to ask...

Ridley (would be nice)
Crash Bandicoot (my childhood nostalgia kicking in, plus he'd fit well in Smash)
Banjo & Kazooie (kidnapped by Microsoft, possibly held ransom)
Shantae (Indie character)

If we're gonna count NPC's in general then...
Midna (I almost cried when she was announced as an assist trophy, and not tears of joy)
Dark Samus (see above)
Waluigi (WAAAAA!!!)
Skull Kid (would be cool as well)

As far as pokemon go...
Weavile
Infernape
Gengar
Machamp
Scizor

Braydon

Smash Ace
Let it be said, there is many times I and many thought something was impossible for smash but ends up happening.
Like what? Nothing indie has ever been added and shovel knight will not have lasting popularity, he's not nintendo, he's not an established franchise, he's no where near as famous as the other third party characters, He's pretty much the exact picture of something that won't be added, the only way he could get any worse a candidate is if he were 20 feet tall and had a weird bodyshape.

Captain toad. That ***** can't jump
Nor can link or zelda, this doesn't disqualify.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Like what? Nothing indie has ever been added and shovel knight will not have lasting popularity, he's not nintendo, he's not an established franchise, he's no where near as famous as the other third party characters, He's pretty much the exact picture of something that won't be added, the only way he could get any worse a candidate is if he were 20 feet tall and had a weird bodyshape.

Nor can link or zelda, this doesn't disqualify.

Link can Jump in every 3d Zelda game, and Zelda can jump in OOT I think.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Link can Jump in every 3d Zelda game, and Zelda can jump in OOT I think.
Not really, he can jump like one foot, in smash he jumps like 20 feet. Captain toad can jump about as high as link does in zelda games, he's always bouncing about.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I remembered SonicStormer39 making an excellent Super Smash Flash 2 expansion (DLC character) of this guy with a fantastic moveset based on his attacks and anything Super Mario Bros. 2 related. But alas, the entire site died out a few years after expansions were announced to be taken cared of by the developers themselves.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Not really, he can jump like one foot, in smash he jumps like 20 feet. Captain toad can jump about as high as link does in zelda games, he's always bouncing about.

I would love to see him in Smash, its just, one of the things that makes C.T. different from other toads is that he can't jump. Didn't it say that on the back of the box of his game?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Professor Layton would be awesome, and if he wasn't third party, he'd have every right to be in Smash now.

Real shame that he's not a Nintendo character. :(

Arbok9782

Smash Rookie
Ignoring the obvious choice of Ridley, I will go with:

Sturm

Dream big. He was only in two games, Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2, but made the biggest impression on me of the villians from the game. His meteor attacks give him enough move possibilities and he would work well as an odd ball choice.

Sami

Starred in three entries in the Advance Wars series. Known on both sides of the shore and a popular character for fans of the franchise. In normal terms she seems like a shoe in, but the general apathy toward the series makes me doubt we will ever see her. Her use of a gun is a point against her, but hey... if you take Snake and make Sami a clone of his moveset, I won't mind...

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
When Melee was out and I told you :snake: was in the the next game you would think I was nuts.
When Brawl was out and I told you the Trainer from Wii Fit was in the game you would think im crazy.

At this point I dont think its to far-fetched for a highly voted character from a game that takes inspiration from many NES/SNES classics from a growing scene in gaming to become DLC for smash. Especially for smash's unpredictability.

Also again I dont expect Shovel Knight, I'm just keeping hope. Why does it bother you so much that you have to make me accept what you think. Yes Shovel Knight probably has a place on this list I made the thread for, but I didnt because I want to see him and haven't lost hope.

Arbok9782

Smash Rookie
@ Arbok9782 Arbok9782
Why no love for penny and mr. bear?
I'd prefer a character who appeared in one of the Game Boy Advance titles, since they were in multiple entries in the series, but hey... if they toss in someone from Days of Ruin, I would be happy as well as long as Advance Wars gets a rep.

D

Deleted member

First Party
  • Zael and/or Calista (The Last Story) - While they originated from a critically acclaimed Wii title, said game was a hidden gem released late in the system's life cycle. I already voted for Zael in the ballot, hoping Sakurai at least considers him.
  • Aeron (Pandora's Tower) - Another obscure character from a supposed hidden gem for the Wii, though I have yet to play this one. I need him, the aforementioned Zael/Calista, and the already featured Shulk to complete Team Operation Rainfall.
  • Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) - This one-off Zelda villain (not counting his appearance in Hyrule Warriors) is already an Assist Trophy. I'm not furious, outraged, or sick with anger, though.

Third Party
  • Solid Snake (Metal Gear series) - While I don't think he belongs in a Nintendo crossover fighter, I admittedly did enjoy his inclusion in Brawl. With Sakurai's best friend Hideo Kojima possibly leaving Konami after MGSV: The Phantom Pain is finished, Snake's chances of returning are slimmer than ever.
  • Crash Bandicoot - He may be "too PlayStation" for a Nintendo crossover fighter, but he's to a much lesser extent than Snake since Crash has made several appearances on Nintendo platforms ever since his days as an unofficial PlayStation mascot ended. As of now, the Crash Bandicoot IP is presumably dead and forgotten by the company that owns him. Say what you will about how Capcom has treated Mega Man in the past five years, but they still acknowledge his existence.
  • Spyro the Dragon - Take what I said about Crash and apply it to Spyro, but replace the second sentence with "He is no longer the poster child of his own series, which became the Skylanders franchise, and was never popular in Japan." To add insult to injury, neither Spyro nor Crash were featured in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale despite the numerous requests for them, so I highly doubt they'll be included in a game where they have minimal demand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Braydon

Smash Ace
When Melee was out and I told you :snake: was in the the next game you would think I was nuts.
When Brawl was out and I told you the Trainer from Wii Fit was in the game you would think im crazy.
But no where near as crazy as I'd think someone suggesting shovel knight is.

Also how is taking after nes/snes games a plus? It doesn't make any difference.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Banjo. ;_; ;_;

I mean, there's a chance, but Nintendo has to bite first.

If we're talking Nintendo owned; Takamaru, because he's an AT. Though I can definitely see him getting in Smash 5 no problem.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Sukapon/Skapon from Joy Mech Fight.

Geno from SMRPG.

Bomberman from...Bomberman.

Taizo Hori from Dig-Dug (he's the Dig Dug guy btw).

Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers.

Banjo & Kazooie from GUH-HUH!

Simon Belmont from Castlevania.

Shovel Knight from...Shovel Knight.

Krystal from Star Fox, if only because I think she would have an interesting moveset with her staff.

Isaac from Golden Sun ;_; (probably has a lot higher chance but I don't want my heart broken too badly lol)

Last edited:
Oh you mean my top 3?

Ridley- everyone knows why he is unlikely

Viewtiful joe- i love this guy so much. He just clicked with me. Unfortunately he just had his chances shoryouken'd even lower than they already were

Viridi- my most wanted by far but i doubt any more KI representation

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Flying Man - I only want him because of smash 4. And he's impossible. But he looks fun.

Lark/Nester - I want. Cause when I play, I play with power. The fun club of nintendo power.

Bonk - Headbutt.

Fawful/Wart/Tatanga - More Mario villain reps!

Birdo - I just want to see the transgender community reaction to her being used in a more buzz-gaining video game as a playable character. Plus easy Yoshi Clone to make, and I think she'll be fun. Especially if she keeps the sound effects of spitting things out that Yoshi has lost. (The 8-16 bit 'brnrf')

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kid Goku from the original Dragon Ball but with the rule of non-Video Game characters not being allowed in Smash, it'll never happen.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Dr. Eggman.

Why he doesn't have a support thread is beyond me, because have you seen his mechs?

Top Bottom