• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you think are really good?

dbzeenx

Smash Cadet
I'm going for Yoshi. He's forward attack (when he's running) has an insane range.

Ganondorf.

Really.

In this game he's a bit faster, his moves have lots of priority, and I think he even has super armor for his stronger attacks. He's surprisingly good in For Glory mode.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
They sped up all of the slowpoke characters. Dedede i think is the only one thats about the same but he was fine before as well (slow on foot, quick attacks save for sidesmash). Bowser is actually faster than Samus now, which her strength was that she was a "heavy weight" that didnt move like one because of the suit.

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
Greninja (said in the announcer's voice)

He has a projectile, good recovery, powerful attacks and speed.

Bagel Spanker

Smash Rookie
Sheik, DeDeDe, DH Dog, Little Mac, ZSS, Jigglypuff, Greninja, and Bowser are the ones that really stand out to me.

Last edited:

Kr0nik

Smash Rookie
Little Mac.

He's very fast,powerful moves on the ground but fails to do anything in the air. All of his aerials are bad so if you get knocked up into the air you have to get back on the floor to actually retaliate.

Diddy Kong.
Even though he as one banana now, i love using him against people and they don't see it coming because they think he is bad due to all the new characters released and nobody has had play time with him so far. his up air can kill at about 100% and combos really well with most moves.

Robin

He has some nice projectiles, but his skill cap is pretty decent in order to play with him. You need to know when you have tomes and when you can use your sword to go in for the kill.

Just a few suggestions imo. :)

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i think the better question would be who ISNT good lol. ive heard all except maybe 5-6 characters in these threads.
No Samus, Megaman, or Sonic love.

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf, Bowser, DeDeDe are three I've noticed that are really good. Their moves have such good priority and have really good knockback. Capt. Falcon is pretty alright as well.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I've had a ton of fun with DK (of course) who actually seems like he's escaped hot water garbage, Little Mac who maybe is a bit more unwieldy that I thought he'd be but capable of doing some SERIOUS punishing on the ground, and Pac Man who is super easy to keep momentum with.

tttt

Smash Cadet
Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, etc are gonna be high tier.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
ZSS, greninja, Rosalina, Yoshi, Bowser all stand out

Little Mac is good, but his recovery and aerials are some of the worst in the game. Bait him to the ledge, back throw, and proceed to gimp.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
i think the better question would be who ISNT good lol. ive heard all except maybe 5-6 characters in these threads.
No Samus, Megaman, or Sonic love.
I feel like Wii Fit is pretty bad...but maybe it's just the weird hit boxes. I swear she has like 0 range though

D

Deleted member

Marth is surprisingly good to me after hearing how badly nerfed he was. I can kill with a tipper fsmash around 60%. Definitely better than brawl

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, etc are gonna be high tier.
I agree about Yoshi and Shiek being pretty high, His Dair is pretty freaking good, as well as his bair (i think his bair? the tail swipe he does)

Sheik is just Sheik. Crazy fast, great aerial game, good pressure.. Just all around good. I can see these two placing pretty high. But of course the meta can always change.

Kr0nik

Smash Rookie
ZSS, greninja, Rosalina, Yoshi, Bowser all stand out

Little Mac is good, but his recovery and aerials are some of the worst in the game. Bait him to the ledge, back throw, and proceed to gimp.
well a good little mac would see they would try to just back throw them off the ledge and counteract to that lol.

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
I'm gonna go with DK.
N-air, B-air, all the tilts - they answer quite a lot of approaches.

Funny thing about him? Unless a counter is available, so few people know how to act with ground Helikong. Many try to roll away, but it seems like he's sucking them back into it. Just got done fighting a Rosalina with a defensive Luma, and the Helikong just tore through their game, it's beautiful.

I can't remember a time where I lost with him in For Glory (I probably did, but if so, not many times).

Jmerc

Smash Rookie
A bunch of the heavy characters seem pretty good but I think ZSS and Sheik might be the best

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
DK's ground spin is comically good i agree. Ive slapped several people silly with that move becuase they just charge in trying to overpower it. i dont think you can without a projectile, ive never been punched in it.
I just severely hate the Free Fall after he punches though. Thats never been a thing, and i used it as a sideways meteor smash against recovery in the past. Cant do that now because i go freefall. Wtf?

Now Disappear

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProjectBlitz
Lucario, as he takes damage his damage increases meaning all the other players will most likely to focus on his and since he has amazing recovery it's very easy to just dominate with Lucario.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Little Mac is god and Shulk is really fun to play as. I just think that both are really good and fun, they also have lots of potential.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:4falcon::4mario::4sheik: received the buff they needed. :4falcon:and:4sheik: are going to be in the high teir.

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
I've been getting knocked around by someone who's great with Palutena, using all her moves to slaughter me. Not even sure what game she's from but now I'm afraid to fight her

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
the characters that totally own me when my opponent knows what they're doing:

:4sheik::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4bowser::4greninja:
i haven't fought many other good players of this character online, but i myself feel very strong with :4zss:.

that being said, there are a lot of characters that SEEM very strong at this point, but i'm not sure if it's really that they're strong or just that i'm not used to them. overall in my 3 weeks with the game, the roster feels pretty tight. of course there will be tiers, but this seems like a huge step forward for the series.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Sheik, ZSS, Bowser, Captain Falcon, and maybe Duck Hunt are fairly obviously ahead of the other ones. ZSS, Bowser, and Falcon can all KO much easier than the rest of the cast, and Sheik and DHD have great zoning and build percent really fast.

FearTheTree

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6153-4921
I can't tell if I'm bad at the game and I'm losing because of that, or because I'm maining Ness who is a bad character. Is Ness bad or do I just suck? Can someone confirm?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I can't tell if I'm bad at the game and I'm losing because of that, or because I'm maining Ness who is a bad character. Is Ness bad or do I just suck? Can someone confirm?
Good players will win with bad characters. Just ask Isai. Never blame the character. Also, it's too early to objectively say something like that. Everything in this thread is opinion.

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
Rosaluma (my main!), Bowser, Sheik, DHD, and ROB seem to be the top for now. As the meta developes this is certain to change however.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Link is a very good character. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon are significantly better than their Brawl iterations. Mario is very good, Greninja is very good. So far almost everyone is good.

I gotta comment on Samus though. Samus is absurdly underrated; she is excellent. Good enough mobility, can play keepaway reliably, has a very good spike that is easy to land, has a very powerful projectile, has good range by herself, has good KO power, can get solid combos from grabs, has a fantastic recovery and has a good OoS option with Screw Attack. I am surprised that not a lot of people use her.

PuzzlePrism

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperMudkip
3DS FC
0301-9791-4897
Greninja is really hard for me, only times I've beat him was against really bad ones. ZSS also is really scary-she's so fast and can stun me, and Gannondorf's charge ups are weird to me for some reason, they don't seem to stop when I hit him. But I can beat both of them with Duck Hunt usually.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Ness has been a bad egg since N64 days ended. However he could potentially be better in this one, but i never see anyone use him lol probably because of his track record of badness.
You can main whoever you want, just some take more skill than others. I main Megaman, and he is NOT easy to 1v1 with. Its a dance fest with him to rack up damage before you can finish since he has no combos

Kigalion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rigalion
3DS FC
3265-5163-6779
I really like Charizard I think his side b is a really good recovery

Glitchin

Smash Rookie
Sonic's a lot better than he was in brawl for sure.

I feel he could end up being closer towards the higher tiers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom