• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters: Favorite To Least Favorite?

Favorite or Least Favorite newcomer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Favorite: :4pacman:
I really like Pac-Man's moveset, and have subliminally been a fan of Pac-Man ever since I played Pac-Man World on my mom's friend's PlayStation as a kid. The Pac-Man hate perplexes me though; general disinterest is certainly justified, but to imply that he isn't deserving of a slot on SSB4's roster is 100% wrong considering how iconic of a video game character he [still] is (and considering Namco is working on SSB4). On the bright side, the commonplace "I don't understand Pac-Man's relevance" narrative will make maining Pac-Man all the more enjoyable. R.O.B. had a similar problem with the community ("Wtf? Where's Geno???").

Honorable mention (favorite revamped veteran): :4charizard:
Technically not a newcomer, but the fact that it's by itself makes an actually viable character in this iteration of Smash Bros, and it's in position to receive a lot of buffs (I'm thinking the ones he gets in Minus, plus greater air mobility). I also really like Charizard's new moves, though I will miss Heat Wave as its f-air (if the claw attack we saw in its trailer is its new f-air).

Least favorites: :4mii: :4palutena: :4wiifit:
The Mii Fighters were inevitable, and probably the only characters that are universally unpopular. But they're the face of the 3DS and Wii U consoles, and are pretty relevant, so yeah. :<

Palutena wasn't a surprise either, but I don't like her much, and I fear she'll be the center of Sakurai's attention during development (evidenced by her plethora of unique custom special moves, whereas titular characters like Mario just get slight modifications).

Wii Fit Trainer was actually a surprise. It's not that I strongly dislike her, I'm just not interested in her at all; she looks really boring.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Little Mac is the only one I really wanted, but Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer were genius additions and they look damn great playstyle-wise. Whereas I have a few complaints about Mac's design from a boxing perspective. Still looking forward to him, mind you.

Could not care less for Palutena and Robin. Meh.

I'm indifferent to the rest. Gotta try them out first.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well I sure haven't done this multiple times in various other threads before. May as well go for it anyway.
:4pacman: My sixth most wanted and the only one on my list to make it so far. Was a giant moment of "FINALLY" when he appeared.
:4robinf: I didn't care much for any FE newcomer, though I far preferred Robin over Chrom. Also death to Gematsu.
:4villager: A character I predicted and also an interesting looking choice, definitely deserving of his/her place.
:4palutena: Another prediction, and an amazing looking moveset.
:4megaman: Third prediction, and I'm happy for his fans though I'm personally indifferent. Felt really awkward in the demo.
:4littlemac: Indifferent, wasn't expecting him so it was a decent surprise.
:rosalina: Not particularly fond of her being playable, though the moveset is unique looking.
:4mii: No.
:4wiifit: I don't care whatsoever, not sure why I'm sticking her/him under the Miis.
:4greninja: I like Greninja, it was my starter in X. I'm still off-put by such a fresh face.
:4lucina: Just Lady Marth to me, "newcomer" by name alone.

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
I think it was a good idea for Nintendo to add the villager, because there has never been an animal crossing character in Smash so it makes sense for Nintendo to represent someone from the series
Yeah, animal crossing was deserving of a spot, I'm not arguing with that. Just personally, I don't like the game and I don't think it belongs in a game like ssb.

mark welford

Smash Ace
favorite::4mii: I don't see why people want to hate on mii fighters I think its kinda cool that I will be able to whoop marth or whoever else I don't like as myself. like it or not people but mii fighters are here to stay and I would put my money they are in the next smash series installment

least favorite: don't have one

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
So far Mii fighters are the least likeable ( I don't like them either)

and Robin is the fav.

Hmm, I thought it would be Palutena or Lucina ( even though I think Lucina is more of a clone )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom