• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters: Favorite To Least Favorite?

Favorite or Least Favorite newcomer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Tittle explains it :p

Just make a list of your favorite to least favorite characters in ssb4 so far (or vice versa) and maybe even explain why ^_^

Kay kay

I honestly don't like pacman at all, don't want to sound mean, but I was a little upset when they announced him.

I was kinda bummed when they announced him as well.

Then I got used to him after a while, I kind of see why they put him in. He's a video gaming Icon. I'm not really going to play him, I'm just more understanding than I was.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Favorite: :rosalina:

Reason: I played MK Wii and it is literally the only time I played as Rosalina. I liked the character so much, that I had wished to see her in Future Titles, or maybe even Smash. Well, my wish came true in December. I'm very pleased with her appearance in Smash (I still want Daisy and Bowser Jr. though)

Least Favorite: :4pacman:

Reason:
I love all of the newcomers so far, but my least liked out of them is indeed Pac-Man. That's all:4pacman:

Last edited:

Kay kay

Favorite: :rosalina:

Reason: I played MK Wii and it is literally the only time I played as Rosalina. I liked the character so much, that I had wished to see her in Future Titles, or maybe even Smash. Well, my wish came true in December. I'm very pleased with her appearance in Smash (I still want Daisy and Bowser Jr. though)

Least Favorite: :4pacman:

Reason:
I love all of the newcomers so far, but my least liked out of them is indeed Pac-Man. That's all:4pacman:
I wished for her to be apart of it after I played super Mario Galaxy for the first time :p

All for Rosalina
Also looking forward to Palutena so I can try out her unique moveset

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Favorite: :4megaman:

Reason: Although I only played the Megaman X series, I'm thrilled to see the blue bomber make it into the game. Ever since they decided to add third-party characters, he seemed like the perfect fit.

I voted for least favorites, but I think explaining my choices might be more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Favourite: :rosalina::4greninja:
I've always loved rosalina ever since the first galaxy and as soon as she got announced for 3D World she suddenly became my most wanted character, next month I got her and I **** you not I must've watched the trailer over 100 times.

Greninja was one of those things you don't know you want until you get it, I used greninja on my 2nd playthrough of X and Y and tbh I was in love, he was so awesome and even with his rapidly increasing popular I never thought of him for smash, Mainly because of pokemon trainer.

Least: :4mii: :4pacman:
I've never really been a fan of playing as myself in video games and I still don't, the concept looks interesting but tbh I just don't care.

I just don't care, I don't have any connection to him and he's never been a character I desired, I mean I played Pac-Man World 2 and that's it but the fact that his moveset isn't based on that bugs me so damn much

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
Favourite::rosalina:
The first time i saw rosalina i fell in love with the character so much.the storybook was a good story,she never gets kidnap by bowser and her personality in mario kart is awesome.

Least Favourite:Nobody
i think every character in smash is cool so i don't hate any one from smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Favorite::4greninja:
Because he's the only one with a relatively simple and engaging moveset imo, everyone else has some kind of gimmick or just don't fall into my kind of playstyle. He does look to have some good promise though, I love fast characters, so Greninja fits nicely for me, although I don't foresee him being anything more than an alt.

Honorable Mention: :4lucina:

Least Favorite::rosalina:
Like I said I'm not a gimmick guy, so I really dislike playing as Ice Climbers and Olimar, and I also dislike playing against them. Combine them together and you get Rosalina, which can only turn out to be even worse for me.

Dishonorable mention: :4palutena:

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Favorite: :4pacman:
I always thought Pac would make a nice addition both in terms of legacy and unique fighting moves. Plus, he seems like such a nice guy, I had to route for him.

Least: :4greninja:
I haven't played a Pokemon game since Sapphire, so I'm really out of the loop when it comes to new additions. I had no idea who Greninja was when revealed; I had to google him jut to make sure he was an actual Pokemon. He didn't immediately jump out at me like the other reveals, and until I play as him, my interest remains low.

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
Suuuper excited about:4robinm::4robinf: , one of my favorite character designs from my favorite series

:4pacman: on the other hand... I never really liked him and I get sick of seeing him in fighting games (he's in several)

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Favourites: :4greninja::4littlemac::rosalina::4wiifit:

Greninja looks really cool. Little Mac looks like a really interesting character that will take some skill to use, and I love learning characters like that. Same goes for Rosalina. Wii Fit Trainer is absolutely hilarious.

Least Favourite: :4palutena:

She just feels like her gimmick is having 12 unique special moves. At the very least, iconic characters like Mario should get that treatment as well.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Favourites: :4greninja::4littlemac::rosalina::4wiifit:

Greninja looks really cool. Little Mac looks like a really interesting character that will take some skill to use, and I love learning characters like that. Same goes for Rosalina. Wii Fit Trainer is absolutely hilarious.

Least Favourite: :4palutena:

She just feels like her gimmick is having 12 unique special moves. At the very least, iconic characters like Mario should get that treatment as well.
But they are all based off the KI:U abilities, they can't just pick 4, plus what could they even do for mario?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oops, accidentally voted for just Lucina instead of Lucina-least. I don't really like her in Awakening. Favorite newcomer is Palutena.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
But they are all based off the KI:U abilities, they can't just pick 4

You could make the same argument for just about any character in the game. In fact, the vast majority of characters in the game have appeared in more games than Palutena, and should be given the chance to show off some moves from those games.

plus what could they even do for mario?
He's had over 200 games. There'll be something. Just off the top of my head there are FLUDD's other nozzles, powerups like Hammer Mario or Spring Mario or Cat Mario and his hammer from the RPGs. And that's just what I could think of in a few seconds.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
FAVORITEZ: :4villager::rosalina::4mii::4wiifit:

Villager was my most wanted, Rosalina is just awesome as a whole, playing as all the random Miis I've made over the years is gonna be a blast, and Wii Fit Trainer is the best decision Sakurai has ever made in his life.

LEAST FAVORITEZ::4megaman::4lucina:

Never got into the Mega Man series, so I wasn't very hyped (But his Smash ppearence makes me wanna try the games out.), and they could've done unique things with Lucina intead of making her a former alt. turned clone. Hopefully she at least gets her own FS. (*cough* Reking Box! *cough*)

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
That's his down air now though and it'd be a little weird if he only had one different move
It's always been his down air and it would still be nice to have the option. There really is no reason to not at lest made it one. Plus, it could be his spin from Mario Galaxy.... And his other one could be a ground pound.

My characters favorite to least favorite in the game:
:4mario::4falcon::4luigi::4fox::4pikachu::4villager::4sonic::4dk::4olimar::4yoshi::4dedede::4sheik::4diddy::4marth::4pacman::4lucario::4tlink::4samus::4lucina::4robinf::4myfriends::4bowser::4megaman::4zelda::4wiifit::4kirby::4link::4littlemac::rosalina::4palutena::substitute::4peach::4pit:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Favourites: :4pacman: and :4robinm:/:4robinf:
Pac-Man is a legend. Probably THE legendary video game character with only Mario anywhere near his star power level. Nice to see him getting the treatment he deserves and for inexplicable haters of him have to put up with it.
Robin meanwhile finally gave us something other than male blue haired sword lords, and allows us to be female, wield magic and discredited part of the Gematsu leak. Beautiful.

Least favourites::4wiifit: and :4palutena:
Wii Fit Trainer is a character no one asked for, which would be fine if it was obvious we'd be getting more fan favourites. A physical fitness character, I find her shooting energy balls to be incredibly unfitting. On top of that in such an expressive game this blank slate character kind of annoys me.
Palutena was a huge let down, after all the hyping up Smashboards did for her prior to her reveal. I was expecting to be blown away by her moveset the amount of people that were singing her praises, instead I'm just left feeling hollow when I look at her gimmick.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My favorites:
:rosalina:: Her origin story in Super Mario Galaxy was the main reason why I love Rosalina more than all the other Mario characters combined and since then she's the only one I ever played as in the Mario Kart games and Mario Golf.
:4megaman:: Even though I've never played a Mega Man game before, I always preferred him over Sonic.
:4pacman:: As someone who enjoyed playing the classic arcade game, why wouldn't I be excited to see the Pac in the game. Never played the modern games before though.
:4littlemac:: Oh boy, I've always wanted to K.O. Peach for being the most annoying fighter ever and Sonic for having the worst fanbase in video game history as Little Mac. I'll be going all Oscar De La Hoya on them.
:4lucina:: She's one of my favorite female characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening and I'm excited that she's in the game. In fact, I've never been this excited since Rosalina was confirmed.

My least favorite:
:4greninja:: I never cared for the Pokémon franchise since after Generation 3 so I'm not that excited as every else to see Greninja in the game.
:4palutena:: Eh...I really don't know what to say about the Goddess of Light herself except that she can be a total pain in the neck sometimes as I recall from playing Kid Icarus: Uprising.
:4villager:: I mean I really enjoy playing Animal Crossing and all but having him in the game seems a bit strange to me. I don't know why but it just is.
:4wiifit:: I'm pretty sure no one expected the Wii Fit Trainer to be in a Smash Bros. game. :/
:4mii:: Don't get me started with the Mii Fighters. I honestly was not expecting them to be in the game and when I saw them at E3 I was utterly surprised. As if I'm gonna allow my Mii character to get in the way between me and my main characters. Never played as my Mii in the Mario Kart games and I sure as hell won't be playing as my Mii in this one.

Last edited:

Kay kay

Just to bumb the thread Mii Fighters always seemed messy to me, I never saw the joy in playing as yourself. Only in Mii-related games like Wii sports.

Also, I see a lot of people putting Pac Man as their least favorite, I'm not so supportive of him either. Anyone care to explain further in their opinion?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Favorite: :4robinm:

I've always thought Robin was by far the most ideal choice to represent Awakening and Fire Emblem as a whole, but everyone said that he/she was impossible and that we Robin supporters were in denial. It was an incredible feeling seeing Robin finally join the battle and restore hope to the speculation community.

Least Favorite: :4greninja:

I still question Sakurai's choice to add a character from X and Y to the roster before people were even aware that character existed.

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't like pacman at all, don't want to sound mean, but I was a little upset when they announced him.
^ This. I understand he is an iconic video game character, but I absolutely hate his 3D model and I cringe every time he winks at the screen. So yeah... hate much.

Since I'm feeling bold I will give my next least favorite: Villager. I'm not going to disagree with his inclusion, but I am not an animal crossing fan and he doesn't really seem fitting for a ssb game.

Now my favorites: I really wanted to see Palutena in the game and her introduction video had me doing back flips. I love playing Zelda and Palutena seems like she will fit that style nicely. Was also excited to see Robin. Good to have an FE character that doesn't have blue hair and only wields a sword. Generally everyone else I'm looking forward to.

So my list would look something like this:
1. Palutena
2. Robin
3. Rosalina
4. Little Mac
5. Mega Man
6. Greninja (Pokemon is kinda meh to me but Greninja looks really fun)
7. Wii Fit Trianer
8. Mii Fighters (I was against this idea at first, but now I think I'm ok with it)
9. Lucina (I like FE characters, but not clones)
10. Villager
11. Pac Man

Last edited:

Gamecube

Smash Cadet
^ This. I understand he is an iconic video game character, but I absolutely hate his 3D model and I cringe every time he winks at the screen. So yeah... hate much.

Since I'm feeling bold I will give my next least favorite: Villager. I'm not going to disagree with his inclusion, but I am not an animal crossing fan and he doesn't really seem fitting to fit in a ssb game.

Now my favorites: I really wanted to see Palutena in the game and her introduction video had me doing back flips. I love playing Zelda and Palutena seems like she will fit that style nicely. Was also excited to see Robin. Good to have an FE character that doesn't have blue hair and only wields a sword. Generally everyone else I'm looking forward to.

So my list would look something like this:
1. Palutena
2. Robin
3. Rosalina
4. Little Mac
5. Mega Man
6. Greninja (Pokemon is kinda meh to me but Greninja looks really fun)
7. Wii Fit Trianer
8. Mii Fighters (I was against this idea at first, but now I think I'm ok with it)
9. Lucina (I like FE characters, but not clones)
10. Villager
11. Pac Man
I think it was a good idea for Nintendo to add the villager, because there has never been an animal crossing character in Smash so it makes sense for Nintendo to represent someone from the series

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
You know, I don't really hate any of the newcomers. I don't care for some of them, but it's hard for me to answer this.
Anyway, it's something like this.

1. :4villager:
2. :4robinm:
3. :4palutena:
4. :rosalina:
5.. :4lucina:
6. :4megaman:
7. :4littlemac:
8. :4mii:
9. :4greninja:
10. :4pacman:
11. :4wiifit:

Morbi

Scavenger
My favorites are Robin and Lucina whereas my least favorites are Pac-Man and Mii Fighters. I kept it limited to two characters each because I do not have a "third" least favorite.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
My favorite: :4palutena:
For sure. 100% happy with her, I love her! I cannot wait to try her, my hype hurts.
I also love:rosalina::4robinm::4villager::4lucina::4wiifit:
-———–—–
Least favorite: :4mii:
For sure. 100% unhappy with them, I extremely dislike them. I'm not excited to try them, they hurt my hype.
No but really I can't stand the fact that they wasted their time making 3 movesets for them.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Favorite: :4megaman: and :4littlemac:

they look awesome, come from great games, and seem to have great movesets!

Hated: :4lucina: and :4robinm:/:4robinf:

Cause they aren't the protagonists of FEA, what the **** are they doing in smash bros, a playable character, when Chrom isn't?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Cause they aren't the protagonists of FEA, what the **** are they doing in smash bros, a playable character, when Chrom isn't?
Did you play awakening? Robin was just as important as Chrom was, and Lucina was basically the mascot because she was used on all the promotional posters after release instead of Chrom.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Lucina and Robin have more importance to Fire Emblem Awakening. Chrom was just a figurehead protagonist.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
there is a difference between being important and being the protagonist.
You could actually argue that Robin is the actual protagonist of Awakening, especially when you consider the last third of the game basically revolves around him. A lot of characters in Smash aren't protagonists, even.

As said above, Lucina is the mascot.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Lucina and Robin have more importance to Fire Emblem Awakening. Chrom was just a figurehead protagonist.
Except that means little. Ike, for example, barely accomplished anything by himself, he just went along with the plot... if we ignore the strong presence he had throughout the entire games by leading the army/G. Mercenaries (except early on). Eliwwod didn't have as much importance to fE7's plot as Ninian did.

Being the protagonist isn't always being the most important person, especially since the protagonist usually is facing off against an Antagonist who makes more things happen than himself.

But they both are? The story wouldn't work without the both of them (or Lucina for that matter) and they are both 'invincible characters'.
i'm not saying they aren't important, but Robins is just the deuteragonist, while Lucina is the tritagonist... and Chrom, the protagonist

You could actually argue that Robin is the actual protagonist of Awakening, especially when you consider the last third of the game basically revolves around him. A lot of characters in Smash aren't protagonists, even.

As said above, Lucina is the mascot.
You cannot, ever, make a case for a Protagonist when the character becomed no better than an extra for extended periods of time without a POV switch to make it justifiable. This is precisely what happens to Robin throughout the initial arc (besides the introductions), almost the entire Valm arc, and still, even til the last chapter he is not outclassing anyone in importance to the plot (ties with Chrom, besides the chapter where chrom gets the Ex. Falchion... and the final chapter, of course)

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Except that means little. Ike, for example, barely accomplished anything by himself, he just went along with the plot... if we ignore the strong presence he had throughout the entire games by leading the army/G. Mercenaries (except early on). Eliwwod didn't have as much importance to fE7's plot as Ninian did.

Being the protagonist isn't always being the most important person, especially since the protagonist usually is facing off against an Antagonist who makes more things happen than himself.

i'm not saying they aren't important, but Robins is just the deuteragonist, while Lucina is the tritagonist... and Chrom, the protagonist
You basically just said that Chrom isn't as important as Robin in your first response. Maybe he is the protagonist, but does that really matter if he isn't as important? Regardless, he's not playable in smash. This argument shouldn't be happening in this thread. I'm thinking we should drop it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
lol You can't compare Ike to Chrom. If Ike wasn't in Brawl who would they even choose?

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

You cannot, ever, make a case for a Protagonist when the character becomed no better than an extra for extended periods of time without a POV switch to make it justifiable. This is precisely what happens to Robin throughout the initial arc (besides the introductions), almost the entire Valm arc, and still, even til the last chapter he is not outclassing anyone in importance to the plot (ties with Chrom, besides the chapter where chrom gets the Ex. Falchion... and the final chapter, of course)
...I'm getting the feeling you really wanted Chrom to be playable.

Okay, you're saying Robin ties in importance with Chrom, and you won't say he's the protagonist? Am I missing something here?

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
...I'm getting the feeling you really wanted Chrom to be playable.

Okay, you're saying Robin ties in importance with Chrom, and you won't say he's the protagonist? Am I missing something here?
i'm talking strictly about the last arc, besides the last and antepenultimate chapters.

before that, he was outclassed by chrom beside tying in importance, again, during the early introduction chapters and the one where the Lucina reveal happens (the one that follows has Robin with a little more spotlight)

and that's just story, because otherwise, we see the same traits in Chrom that we saw in all other FE leads, gameplay and plot stuff... as well as misc stuff, like Chrom having great lord, and left/right variations for his portraits while everyone only has 1 normal portrait and one mirrored one (which is funny for people like Basilio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom