• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character With The Easiest/Hardest Learning Curve

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
melee easiest=sheik,falco
hardest=fox

brawl hardest=Snake
easiest=ICs,GW
Falco easiest! LOL! Falco has one of the hardest learning curves in melee. Fox and Yoshi have the biggest learning curve. And then its Falco, IC, and Samus. Shiek is definitly the easiest. IC are very high learning curve in brawl.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
This pisses me off. MK isn't the easiest to master. Easiest to master; how are you quantifying this? MK is better at a scrubbier level then the other characters, but he has a LOT of options and a lot of techs. And to 'master' a character, you would need to learn them all and use them all to the best of possibility, at the right time. Just because he's the best character, and he's easy to use, doesn't make him 'easy to master.

:093:

Kantō

Smash Champion
This pisses me off. MK isn't the easiest to master. Easiest to master; how are you quantifying this? MK is better at a scrubbier level then the other characters, but he has a LOT of options and a lot of techs. And to 'master' a character, you would need to learn them all and use them all to the best of possibility, at the right time. Just because he's the best character, and he's easy to use, doesn't make him 'easy to master.

personaly i think MK is very hard to master, people just attack with him constantly and think they have "mastered" him:ohwell:

highfive

Smash Lord
Easiest- I'd have to go with Ganon on this one. Not that he's the lowest on the tier but all his attacks are pretty straight forward. He does have the Ganonman Super Jump going for him though.

Most Difficult- I say it's a tie between IC's and Bowser.
IC's have that chain grab that requires a lot of experience and time to master and Bowser is pretty slow so you have to master timing of both his attacks and reacting to attacks from the other player at the same time.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
IDK who the easiest could be, but the hardest, IMO, is Ness, Lucas, & Yoshi cuz their recovery is so weird. I died so many times trying these 3 for the first time.

Uffe

Smash Hero

Did someone say he was the easiest to master? This is about learning curves. Who is easiest to pick up and who is the hardest. Nobody can truly master their own main. There's always room for improvement. Every character takes at least some effort to learn. Some more than others. It just so happens MK is the easiest to learn. That's not to say it'll get them far, though.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I personally remember during the early days of Brawl (first 2 months) and I remember maining CF for a while until I realized how much he changed and how bad he became. I thought Kirby was worth a try, since he was my other main back in Melee. I found that after a span of a few hours, I had already gotten the hang of him.

I personally found that Yoshi wasn't too hard to pickup. I mained him in 64, so I gave him a try in Brawl. He was tricky at first, but now he's really interesting. He may not be that great of a character, but he's really fun.

My picks:

Smash 64:
Easiest: Kirby
Hardest: Samus/Ness

Melee:
Easiest: Sheik/CF
Hardest: Fox/Falco/ICs

Brawl:
Hardest: ICs/Snake

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
IC are hardest, Yoshi, ZSS, and Lucas are hard to pick up.
I liked Yoshi much more in Melee, he just seems different in Brawl.
I'd say the easiest are, MK and Ike. I can't say Kirby, I suck at him. :(

krazystitch

Smash Cadet
yoshi is without a dobut the hardest, he's been that way since smash64.

you gotta know just what the hell you're doing with him else you'll get slaughtered bad.

I know many people(myself included) who just gave up on yoshi cuz he's so awkward to try and get used to playing as.
Yoshi was easy for me =D

Hardest: Ice Climbers

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64: Hardest- Ness, he's a tricky one.
Easiest: I'd say Pikachu, mad range, easy recovery.

Melee: Hardest: Yoshi or Fox, to play at a high level. Fox is crazy to master, but not too hard to win with, whereas Yoshi is crazy hard to master AND win with.
Easiest: Shiek or Marth, Shiek is really easy to combo with, you barely even need L-cancelling and Wavedashing to be effective. Marth just has that mad range, you'll be good so long as you use it.

Brawl: Hardest IMO is Shiek or Yoshi. Shieks DACUS is craaaaze, Yoshis Dragonic reverse is TOOOO craze. Shiek has a hard time killing and Yoshi gets ****ed right up by anybody who can stay in the air for a long time (half the cast)
Easiest: MK. Doesn't have any really difficult techs, has no problem killing, attacking, or approaching. He doesn't even have a terrible match-up, 60-40 at worst. ****ing MK....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
honestly i think sonic and yoshi are very difficult to conceptualize. that might just be me though. like, i can handle their movement and stuff, but i always find myself getting into bad habits and not knowing which options to use. those things, IMO, create a high learning curve for me

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
EAsiest ones are kirby, Mk, game and wathc.

Hardest ones are PT,Zamus, Samus, Yoshi, sonic, and Icees.

I find snake in the middle, easy to spam and win, hard to master and use competitively. I actually find Dedede also in the middle, much to poular belief. But he's super easy once you get rolling and get to know him. Also contrary to popular belief, I belive falco is th next hardest. He's really hard to use competitively, you need TO SHFF combined with space perfectly, and his chain grab isn't super easy.

And this is in the brawl section, stop listing Smash 64 and melee stuff people :(

Kroova

Smash Rookie
This is from quite awhile ago, so it's definitely not that accurate... but it's got pics!

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
Hmph. MK is certainly the easiest character to think you've mastered. The learning curve is low though. Kirby's just seems lower to me.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Agree with the above, I for one think that falco is hard to master. And everybody else pwns with him.

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
Alright, here goes.

64-
Easiest- Kirby
Hardest- Yoshi

Meele-
Easiest- Fox
Hardest- Mewtwo

Brawl-
Easiest- Meta Knight Pit/DeDeDe
Hardest- Ice Climbers/Captain Falcon/ Ike

This is on the assumtion that this learning curve is applied to casual players. I'll probably make a hardcore brawler list in a bit.

Rizen

Smash Legend
To play tournament at level, Link is extremely hard to master but worth it. I know, I wrote a guide on him. Why else would such an AT oriented character be ranked so low? I can't support saying he's the hardest to master because I haven't mastered every character.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Brawl-
Easiest- Meta Knight Pit/DeDeDe
Hardest- Ice Climbers/Captain Falcon/ Ike

This is on the assumtion that this learning curve is applied to casual players. I'll probably make a hardcore brawler list in a bit.

lololololololololol Ike!

Because pressing A, over and over is just so tough :psycho:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh boy.

Who said Pit was the easiest character Pick up?

If there is anybody out there who can play a perfect Pit, you let me know who. What with the Arrow Looping tricks and all that @#$%, there is no way he has an easy learning Curve when you consider him as a whole and not just a pick him up and play character.

What about Ike being the hardest character? Nah, he doesn't have any really advanced techniques, the only reason he would be considered hard is because he just sucks. Same with Jigglypuff.

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
This is from quite awhile ago, so it's definitely not that accurate... but it's got pics!

Sonic and Sheik are my secundairys and I don't think that they are that hard to learn. The reason why Sonic might be hard to win with is because you have to be good at mindgames. Sheik isn't that hard most of his tricks are easy except his DACUS.

ICs aren't that hard either practicing the CGs doesn't take that long. And Diddy is far too high. I still don't get how people can have trouble learning him. =/
PT's actually quite low IMO from all of the characters I've mained getting good with PT took me the longest.

And R.O.B. was my first main and I've always said that he's very easy to learn. :laugh:

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic and Sheik are my secundairys and I don't think that they are that hard to learn. The reason why Sonic might be hard to win with is because you have to be good at mindgames. Sheik isn't that hard most of his tricks are easy except his DACUS.

ICs aren't that hard either practicing the CGs doesn't take that long. And Diddy is far too high. I still don't get how people can have trouble learning him. =/
PT's actually quite low IMO from all of the characters I've mained getting good with PT took me the longest.

And R.O.B. was my first main and I've always said that he's very easy to learn. :laugh:
Well, IMO sonic does deserve where he's at. You really have to put time into him to figure out how to approach, deal with projectiles, all of his spin manuvers, killing. Mindgames are a big part of his game, but I think there's more to it.

Diddy has to know how to use the bananas effectively, and how to stop opponents from using them against him.(other people have glide tosses too.) I dont use diddy, so im not sure how long it takes to learn banana tricks.

IC's arent only about their CG. If they dont get the grab, you still have to know how to use them effectively to win. Have to learn how to desynch, keeping nana alive, i think they're ok where they're at.

Riickable

Smash Cadet
Here goes nothing;

God Tier Easiest: Mario ( He is designed for beginners to pick up and play, like MetaKnight his learning curve is easy for the first 2/3 but the mastery is near impossible)
God Tier Hardest: Ice-Climbers ( All they have is CG going for them, that de-synching crap is bull**** and barely helps. Combine the best throw game with the worst grab game and you have mission impossible)

SSB64: Mario, Kirby (Easy), Samus & Link (Hard)

Melee: No difference, the tech skill in melee isn't character specific.

Brawl: Mario, Kirby, GnW (Easy), Samus, Link, Ice-Climbers (Hard) Meta Knight (Hardest To Master)

The pics at the top of this page are wrong, I mastered Peach within 1 day.

RATED

Smash Lord
^ LOL at that!

Peach is really hard to use when it comes to a high lvl competitive peach.

ICs really hard to use, from what I have heard CGing some characters is very hard examples : Snake. and don't forget desynching mindgames and devising things with them also keeping the other alive.

Snake: he's hard to use really not just to use also evading gimps, the correct uses of explosve and those kind of stuff.

Toon Link: is kinda hard to use too

some more lol but I won't post that most :)

Vitality

Smash Ace

^^This is for when you have smashboard bible knowledge :)

From my experiences:

The easiest learning curve was Marth.

The hardest is snake. He has a whole bunch of things that you need to learn in order to effectively use him.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Marth and DDD are both pretty easy to use and learn, as is Fox if you're just learning the mechanics.

Hardest is probably Diddy, Zero Suit, Falco, Peach, Samus...anyone with alot of technical aspects or mindgames to their style.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Diddy as hardest? Didn't realize he was so hard to pick up... perhaps it's because I like to glide toss with ROB's gyro.

Top Bottom