• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip.

you know what to do
hey i played metal gear solid on the gamecube gtfo dummy head edrees
snake 4 lyfe

edit - its about time the staff made you mod edrees. your intellectual thinking and debating skills were too goodz not be sexy mod status xD. congrats n_n

i do the same thing on the toon and young Link forums but no one pays attention :(

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
It's a travesty that in a Nintendo All-stars game , the flagship Nintendo character is not used/not winning anything, and a character who is not even Nintendo is winning most everything.
Agreed. I dream of a world when people play whoever they desire, without staring at a tier list for two second and saying: "Who's that Snake guy? I know Mario's my favorite Nintendo character, ans the most famous one to boot, but who cares, Snake's good, i'm maining him! Yay for being mindless and having no self input!"

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
It's a travesty that in a Nintendo All-stars game , the flagship Nintendo character is not used/not winning anything, and a character who is not even Nintendo is winning most everything.
That's not wholly true. Meta-Knight is now winning more than Snake, so he's not winning most everything.

Oh, and Ankoku, I'm wondering if, since Zelda/Shiek is now doing better than Zelda or Shiek alone, it's time to simply declare Zelda and Shiek to be one character, and combine the Zelda, Shiek, and Zelda/Shiek scores into just Zelda/Shiek.

Griffard

Smash Ace
That's not wholly true. Meta-Knight is now winning more than Snake, so he's not winning most everything.

Oh, and Ankoku, I'm wondering if, since Zelda/Shiek is now doing better than Zelda or Shiek alone, it's time to simply declare Zelda and Shiek to be one character, and combine the Zelda, Shiek, and Zelda/Shiek scores into just Zelda/Shiek.
at the second part of your post: No, since many people still choose to use only Zelda or only Shiek even though they're less successful. Just like you wouldn't eliminate Ganondorf due to his less-than-successfulness

PKNintendo

Smash Master
To Be honest, Nintendo's flagship characters
A. Stink.
B.Average.

Blame Sakurai and Kojima.

If Snake was crap and Sonic was good, Snake would be bottom, and Sonic would be up near the top.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar is going to rise a couple spots the next update. Quote me when it happens. :)

Charoo

Smash Champion
Number of entrants: 16
Entry fee: $7
Where it was: southern california
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188408
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2273

1: Champ (sheik (2 matches)/fox (4)/falco (2)/pokemon trainer (1)/falcon (1)) i think
2: Insomniak (g&w)
3: Jmex (dk/g&w)
4: Seng (metaknight/marth)
5: Rej (metaknight)
5: Sugar (samus/luigi/zss)
7: JSK (wolf)
7: VIP (rob)
9: John
9: SBeezy
9: Roxxas
9: Zack
13: Rudy
13: Bass
13: Seerde
13: GP

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Number of entrants: 16
Entry fee: $7
Where it was: southern california
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188408
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2273

1: Champ (sheik (2 matches)/fox (4)/falco (2)/pokemon trainer (1)/falcon (1)) i think
2: Insomniak (g&w)
3: Jmex (dk/g&w)
4: Seng (metaknight/marth)
5: Rej (metaknight)
5: Sugar (samus/luigi/zss)
7: JSK (wolf)
7: VIP (rob)
9: John
9: SBeezy
9: Roxxas
9: Zack
13: Rudy
13: Bass
13: Seerde
13: GP
I (Sugar) don't recall using Luigi in that tournament. Just put me down for Samus Suit Samus and Zero Suit Samus.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I did use Luigi in one game (not one match, one game), but I lost that one. =P

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some people use Zelda alone/ sheik alone. While some people use both of them together. Thats why they have three different spots
I also think GaW should be separated into three different characters. The ones who tech chase and kill with upsmash, the spotdodge happy ones that kill with dsmash, and the gayer ones that edgeguard with dtilt and dair.

dcbandicoot

Smash Rookie
At least let SheikZelda players give a split, half of the points to Sheik, half to Zelda. Samus and ZSS are different, but there is not a PSS/ZSS character.

Otherwise, where do you draw the line? 80% Sheik = Sheik, 79% Sheik = SheikZelda? Surely it can't be 100%, situationally any Sheik player will probably use Zelda at one point or another if the situation calls for it.

Just keep separate character separate, and if you're going to use two characters, split the points just like you would for someone who mains Captain Falcon and Yoshi at a tournament.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
the system is fine as is. It provides the maximum amount of information. If you want to subtotal Sheik+ Sheik/Zelda in your head or something, fine, do that.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I as a sheik zelda player agree that, sheik, zelda, and sheik/zelda should be separated.

I play sheik/zelda, always both, never one or the other. and would do way worse in tournaments if I switched it up.

@ snow stalker, true...luigi's good too. maybe i should pick him up.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I also think GaW should be separated into three different characters. The ones who tech chase and kill with upsmash, the spotdodge happy ones that kill with dsmash, and the gayer ones that edgeguard with dtilt and dair.
agreed

10gayandwatchisgay

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
What the-! Come on, Marth, don't let that fat ******* Wario show you up! You have so much more dignity than him!

Thanks for the ideas. >=D

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
While we are at it, we could also divide the rankings according to player's birth date...and eye color

gantrain05

Smash Master
Midwest Rankings
S: Snake, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Meta Knight
A: Lucario, Wario, Marth, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Wolf, PEACH
B: Diddy Kong, Ike, Falco, Kirby, Bowser, Olimar, Ice Climbers
C: Fox, Lucas; Toon Link; SheikZelda, Zelda, Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic
D: Pokémon Trainer; Ness, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik
E: Pit, Luigi
U: Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Link, Samus, Yoshi

peach in A rank, read it and weep, i knew it would happen, she kicks so much *** and nobody realizes it except the midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom