• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character matchups you can never win?

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
As a Sheik main, needle spamming is an essential part of the neutral game, so long as the character in question has no projectile that is as spammable and as long range as the needles.

Just to be clear though, I don't ONLY spam needles. If I did I wouldn't have won a single match with Sheik.

As for matchups I can't win, well, Rosalina. Cannot stand fighting her. I REALLY need to look into her weaknesses.

Congrats!
This is a good result! (that would make more sense if you were a Shulk main xD)
As someone who fights a lot of Rosalinas as Lucina, your best bet is to seperate her from Luma. This cuts her Attack power and range in half, which will let you approache her easier. If you are stuck in the air against her though, that'll turn bad really quick. It can be a tough match up for anyone though.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
I can't handle Sonic dittos.

Like omg.
Gahhhh

Other than that Shiek.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
None of my mains can defeat Toon Link or Ike for some reason, although Wii Fit Trainer fairs with the latter better than most. :p

TheLetsPlayGhost

Smash Rookie
I have trouble with Rosalina & Luma and Zero Suit Samus, but I found my best counter with them thus far is Greninja and R.O.B. respectively. Anybody else, they will usually give me trouble.

Ryik

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf versus any projectile-heavy characters such as Mega Man. Ironically, this doesn't include Rosalina & Luma.

Last edited:

Facading

Smash Apprentice
I always struggle against luigis no matter what game I play and I don't know why. I have a friend who can always get a 1/4 with the misfire whenever I play him:glare:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I always struggle against luigis no matter what game I play and I don't know why. I have a friend who can always get a 1/4 with the misfire whenever I play him:glare:
If you struggle with Luigi, try Rosalina. The Luigi boards have come to the conclusion that Rosalina is a poor match-up for Luigi.

WyvernLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
WyvernLord
3DS FC
0860-3366-4038
:4lucario: is who i have trouble fighting most. It usually goes like; KO them once then get them to red percentage, then all they do is dodge and spam super Rage+Aura boosted Aura-spheres and counter till i die. doesn't help that he has super long range recovery making KO-ing one early pretty hard

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
PAC-MAN versus Falco because they end up spamming Blaster, reflect my projectiles and shield grab me when I try to approach.
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. It totally screwed me up when I found that Falco/Fox can reflect the fire hydrants back up at you.

That blaster is hard to get around, too. I tried hiding behind or getting above the hydrant for some protection, but he would destroy it before I did.

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. It totally screwed me up when I found that Falco/Fox can reflect the fire hydrants back up at you.

That blaster is hard to get around, too. I tried hiding behind or getting above the hydrant for some protection, but he would destroy it before I did.
When they find out they like to do it a lot,too. Falco is much worse IMO.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Me being Kirby against Marth has given me the most trouble so far. Kirby's cute little arms and legs are not very good against Marth's reach.

I'd imagine Little Mac wouldn't like Jigglypuff because if Jigglypuff gets the upperhand and takes Mac off-stage he won't have many options to get around those forward airs of fury and make it back to the stage.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I used to have trouble with ZSS and Sheik, but now I don't have trouble with any character.

If I lose, it's either because the opponent outplayed me or lag messed up my timing. Or both.

Then again, I've only played in one tournament, mostly sticking to FGs. As a result I can't really claim that my average opponents are skilled.

Right now I'm having a relatively hard time with Ikes and Dededes, maybe the occasional Fox... but "relatively" is the key word here. I'm still winning these fights, it's just a lot harder. I think it's because these characters are good at hitting both Rosalina and Luma at once, while other characters often only hit one or the other.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Sonic give me the most trouble because of their agility. Poor Shulk can't attack fast enough to hit them. Not to say I haven't ever won a match against these characters, but when facing a good player it's an uphill battle.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
As ive been playing more im starting to notice Little Macs are easier, because everyone is overly predictable with spamming dash attacks and side B.

I think the hard ones are starting to be Mega Man for me

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
There's not much to explain. Sonic is just a low level character. He's fast though so there's that.
So basically you get beat by Sonic
so often that you convinced yourself hes a bad character. carry on then.

RareMagmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
deauhmon
So basically you get beat by Sonic
so often that you convinced yourself hes a bad character. carry on then.
Lol no one uses that trash character enough for me to learn he matchup so yeah I guess so.

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
:4diddy: is always a tough matchup for me, especially when my opponent knows what he is doing.
There's not much to explain. Sonic is just a low level character. He's fast though so there's that.
Its ironic how you say he is trash yet your main is Ness.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If lag was a character, than that's the one character that I will never win against. I can't move, lose momentum, and basically get screwed over in every way. Without movement, Falco (and everyone else) pretty much becomes a sitting duck.

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
lol 3 stocked his main...

welp ggs.

Last edited:

RareMagmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
deauhmon
Oh cmon. Lol I fell the last time. Can't take that as a legit kill. You iight though

Last edited:
Top Bottom