• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character matchups you can never win?

RareMagmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
deauhmon
Your taunts suck BTW. 420 blaze it. Cmon almost messed up my recovery twice because of that corny ****.

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
Your taunts suck BTW. 420 blaze it. Cmon almost messed up my recovery twice because of that corny ****.
that's the point you dingus. "420 swag blaz'd" is supposed to sound stupid. that's why its a taunt

ya sht suck for real tho. talkin bout some "bop" foh that sht made my smash attack do 50% more damage

RareMagmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
deauhmon
that's the point you dingus. "420 swag blaz'd" is supposed to sound stupid. that's why its a taunt

ya sht suck for real tho. talkin bout some "bop" foh that sht made my smash attack do 50% more damage
Lmao! OH!
But ggs though I'm just salty I couldn't back throw you one time.I don't like losing with Ness.

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
Lmao! OH!
But ggs though I'm just salty I couldn't back throw you one time.I don't like losing with Ness.
yeah ggs man let me know if u down for more sometime. one day you'll appreciate sanic. ull really feel it :4shulk:

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
I cant do anything to puffs rosalinas sanics roll spamming megaman has been my bane all day today so ill add that to the list.Ive nearly face desked agaisnt every sonic and puff player today stupid crouching rest bs at its finest

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I cant do anything to puffs rosalinas sanics roll spamming megaman has been my bane all day today so ill add that to the list.Ive nearly face desked agaisnt every sonic and puff player today stupid crouching rest bs at its finest
I played a really good Jiggs with my Charizard today, I ended up winning, but whew, he made me work for it!

I know Charizard is supposedly low tier, but sometimes I like that challenge of using an underdog.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Pikachu vs. Lucario. Pikachu requires you to get your opponent to a very high percentage before you can reliably KO. Lucario, due to aura and rage, can basically KO you as soon as you are above 50% if you have them at a high percentage.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
I played a really good Jiggs with my Charizard today, I ended up winning, but whew, he made me work for it!

I know Charizard is supposedly low tier, but sometimes I like that challenge of using an underdog.
Last night I got blown up by a puff got salty lost with both of my mains about 5 times each i think thr players name was like VinVulpix or something tore my win rate up sadly didnt learn anything from it and yea zard looks interesting

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
I have a hard time against bowser Jr's when I am playing as Lucina. I **** up all the time against Sonic players occasionally I defeat one but most of the time I **** up.

drew95gt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1822-0347-0579
As a Dr. Mario main, Mac, Bowser, and Greninja always give me fits. Haven't played a good DDD yet so maybe him as well.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Some of you are saying :4diddy:. As a Diddy main, I can tell you that these characters give me trouble:

:4luigi::4sheik::4megaman::4yoshi:

Luigi: I rarely see him, but goddamn that floatiness and priority. I can't predict where he'll be enough to punish him for a whiff. Plus the kids got like no ending lag. He applies pressure all day with weird combos.

Sheik: Sort of the same thing as Luigi, except I can never get the hang of her hitboxes. I suppose I should play her to learn them, as she's so hard to hit and I'm unsure of when is a safe time to run in. I usually spawn as many bananas as she'll allow me to and then try to get a banana throw into a hard punish, such as fsmash.

Megaman: I just got done playing a 5 match set against a guy who mained him. Won 3 of them. Lost the first two. A well played Megaman is scary as hell to approach and scary as hell to allow to approach. So many tools that beat mine. His lemons make my bananas and side-b useless, while I always have to shield his bombs and razors, opening myself up for a grab. Eventually I always have to take to the skies and use the range on my fair to beat him. He's heavier than you would think. I usually end up KOing him at about 140-150%.

Yoshi: Don't get me started. The dash attack that's safe on shield. The aerials. The eggs. Those quick and dirty smashes. I spawn bananas and hope they screw up.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
a good :4luigi: is downright TERRIFYING if you don't know what you are up against.
Oh my god. One day I loaded up FG on my 3DS, and was distracted by my cat for 5 seconds as a battle started. All I saw is that I was against a Luigi. I look back down and he had me grabbed and in the middle of a combo from which I could not escape. He hit me off the ledge, I recovered, and he pivot grabbed me and proceeded to drop another 40% burger on my face. Not my proudest moment, but I SDed. Normally I stay against experienced opponents to learn something and adapt my playstyle - but I could tell I wouldn't get much out of that battle.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The one counter I have against Villager is a 50/50 match up. I still have trouble against him on one on ones.

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
The only matchup that a really feel that i have literaly 0 chance of win its MrG&W vs Rosalina, i really have no trouble with rosalina until i tried MrG&W -.-

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So far on the 3ds I've been at 85% winning percentage so gonna break it down after my 1000k+ matches. (and i played about with 12 diff chars mostly kirby near the end of my 3ds stint).

Lel at everyone saying :4greninja::4littlemac::rosalina: :4diddy::4sheik: as I have no trouble with any of these. Or any character i didn't list for that matter.

Props to :4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4ness: these are good characters and I thought on day 1 these would be the characters that would give me trouble, surprisingly they didn't, they can get combos on me but i still win most if not all of the matches.

I have no trouble with these either however they are annoying matches. :4rob:<laser and top spam:4yoshi:<---egg spam, jab spam:4falcon:<---goes for grab everyt1me and somehow grabs you with his ridiculous momentum, then you know whats coming next.

The one true MU that I barely win in is, :4dedede:this guy will **** you up, gl trading with this guy, you'll lose the trade and if you get hit or grabbed... your half way dead or dead. Very underrated character imo (He was good in brawl for a reason but he seems more beastly here). I plan to get better at this MU (with Kirby, i know he has counters) on the wii u version as lately im starting to win against good DDD's, I blame the 3ds controls, come wii u version i should have no trouble at all. But seriously watch out for DDD pro type level play if your lucky enough to encounter one on FG like I do; he's literally a brick wall with a hammer.

Last edited:

negikogok

Smash Rookie
NNID
negikogok
3DS FC
3668-8815-6202
Good ZSSs are giving me hard times playing against them.
I even met a kid in the event of the super smash club in Canada who was playing well as ZSS.
The combos troubles me a lot when I just started playing the online matches. It was like you can block the stun gun but not react to the dash attack and the combos after that.
But actually it depends on how well you know about these combos.

Besides, I have never beaten a Rosaluma. But I just hardly meet Rosalumas.
LUMAS ARE ALWAYS WHERE THE PROBLEMS COME FROM

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There aren't any matchups that I outright can't win but good :rosalina:, :4yoshi:, and :4pacman: are what give me the most trouble regardless of which of my main characters I play as. These are the only characters I've come across where some people were so good with them that they virtually shut me down and I could only land a few hits.

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I find I have issues against Olimar players. I can never get the timing right on dodging his attacks. I guess also I got troubles against ROB too, but nowhere near as bad as Olimar.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Villager vs Pit/Dark Pit. Pretty much the only matchup that I cannot handle.

Orbitars and Upperdash/Electroshock Arm constantly block anything I can send at them, plus they have superior air game, and it's just awful.

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
:4littlemac:This guy
:4zss:And her
Just too fast.....and spontaneous. I hardly stand a chance most of the time.
(PRETTY MUCH ANY CHAR LIKE THEM)

nerrof

Smash Rookie
SONIC!

I swear, once that hedgehog starts going all over-evasive, the match IS going to time, no questions asked. Especially on For Glory, where a lot of Sonics love to stall until Sudden Death, where he has such an advantage because of his speed. aargh...

Also, I have a lot of problems with Mario, which is odd since i play Diddy, and everyone says that's an easy matchup. Also, Lucarios who love to just soak up damage, then run away and spam Aura Spheres. Just annoying.

Last edited:

AngeloHollow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4585-8889
I use MegaMan, Shulk, Charizard, Palutena, Greninja, and Robin.

As of right now, my impossible matchups would be: Bowser, Little Mac, Rosalina, and Ganondorf. I use the MegaMan the most, but me having a super advantage against those 3 doesn't mean anything. When I see a Little Mac, I shut my brain down and enter passive aggressive mode (and sometimes I do better playing that way, but I don't like it) because I lose the will to fight. Rosalina is impossible for me to approach.

My aggravating matchups are: Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, Sheik, and Greninja.

sweq32

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sweq32
I always lose to :4sonic:, for some reason. I just can't hit him most of the time.

I also have trouble with good :4littlemac:. I just hate his super armor.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Ness:always spams PK fire, comes at you, grabs then does a backthrow or down throw, jumps up and Fair you and keeps doing it, exactly EVERY ness I play with does this, its a cheap ass predictable thing you can see that they're gonna do, plus they keep spamming the "Ok" taunt when you get KO'ed I just want to rip those guys's necks off thinking they're smash pros by using the same predictable combo, yes im very salty.

Yoshi:Never won against one unless im lucky and they do a mistake,that egg shield is so annoying that you don't know which move hes going to do, a shield or egg roll(NO PUN INTENDED), so god damn annoying, annoying as a Ness, they ALWAYS 100% USE THE BLACK PALLETE SWAP, probably because they seen other Yoshi experts use a black one, I have never seen a different colored Yoshi, plus hes a useless character imo

Fox/Falco: First they start off spamming there blasters, then taunt way to much
god damnit

Captain Falcon:they first wait till you come to them or they come up close and they think your going to shield, so they try and grab you and do a neutral air, then keep spamming it and using his recovery, its annoying as hell, hes way too fast

Sonic: I use sonic, im a sonic main, but fighting against him is also annoying, im sure people thing im annoying too, but a lot of them start off by dash attacking, they're so god damn fast and there spinning can break projectiles like links arrows

Diddy kong: I sometimes win, but this guys annoying, they ALL 100%(if its me against them) start off by dropping a banana, they throw it at you, you trip and do a forward smash, TOO PREDICTABLE, but I also cant dodge it since they're annoying.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I have some problem matchups every now and then as Robin. If my spacing is off, Mario, Luigi, and Doc get in on me and I can't shake them worth a damn. If I'm reacting slowly that day, Sonic never gives me a chance to breathe while Greninja has an attack out before I ever can. On my good days, though, those are beatable.

The one I have trouble with even at my best, though?

Ness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom