• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
What should Krystal's moveset be like?

I'm all for it being based strongly if not wholly on Star Fox Adventures, using the staff attacks and combos for normal moves and magic abilities for special moves. I think that makes the most sense, but I have heard opposition on it due to Star Fox Adventures "not being good," (which I disagree with anyway).

What do you think?

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I'm all for it being based strongly if not wholly on Star Fox Adventures, using the staff attacks and combos for normal moves and magic abilities for special moves. I think that makes the most sense, but I have heard opposition on it due to Star Fox Adventures "not being good," (which I disagree with anyway).

What do you think?
All staff moves, guns can be her custom moves maybe.

B Fire Blaster

B Up Rocket Boost

B Over Ice Blaster (Or that Pinwheel Barrage attack fox can do with the staff in sfa)

B Down Ground Quake

She would be very poke heavy and have solid range on all attacks.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

What do you think?
I would think Krystal should be based on the staff abilities used in Adventures, but then again I'm not entirely familiar with the Star Fox series. Though in regards to the "not a good game" argument, that didn't really stop Samus from being based off of her Other M design and the Pyrosphere appearing in the game. I don't think the argument holds much weight.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I'm curious on something though

Will they change Alph's final smash into the S.S Drake? He never technically rode the S.S Dolphin after all, and it'd be another Pikmin 3 call out and a neat detail that would help differentiate him from Olimar and make him feel like his own character in Smash.
The S.S. Drake is in the background of the Garden of Hope. Course they could always do the Alfonzo treatment with that, in that case...

*insert picture of Alfonzo's face taped over the Drake with text Stating in bold: LEAVE IT TO ME!!!*

Pretty sure it wouldn't matter either way, considering this thing exists:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

What do you think?
I really liked the way her moveset turned out in Crusade. What they did with her forward smash was a cute touch. It's the Homing Launcher from Assault and she aims it straight into the ground like Solid Snake does with his RPG-7 f-smash. Her moveset in that fan game is actually kinda tech heavy. I would want to see a balance between Team Star Fox's gadgets and her staff's magic, so I think the best way to achieve this is to dedicate the specials to her staff and to incorporate some of the technology into one or two of her smashes.

ikian

Smash Rookie
in case anyone missed this ones :p

look master hand gameplay at 0:20 :D

and various final smashes at 0:20 here too (lol pacman)

they ar kind of old but this one is new:

you have to love the cinematic scenes xD

Boofer

Smash Ace
Dude, hype to the extreme. Charizard and Blastoise were some of my favorite Pokémon back in the Red and Blue days. For me:
Charmeleon < Charmander < Charizard
Wartortle < Squirtle < Blastoise
Venusaur < Ivysaur < Bulbasaur

And if you compare my favorite of each line:
Bulbasaur < Blastoise < Charizard

Now, I'd really like to see Typhlosion and Feraligatr.

I'd like to see them listed in the same order as the National Dex barring Pikachu.
:4pikachu::4charizard::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4lucario::4greninja:
I still wish we had an all Pokemon smash game. I like this Pokken thing but Pokemon Smash (as I call it) would give the developers far more creative freedom. Pokémon Smash would mean fewer restrictions, like NOT limiting the roster to humanoids or fighting types. Only In my dreams, I guess.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Why does Samus have her Power Armor (not the other m design)? Is this an alt costume or did I just miss something...

Or is the other m design only for wii u?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
How would you guys feel about the idea of the Ice Climbers being buffed to be thrice as powerful as they were before should they come back via DLC?:troll:

What I don't understand is why Charizard, the overrated 1 of the 3, made it in.
Because he's just that popular. What can I say, people love their fiery dragons.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I still wish we had an all Pokemon smash game. I like this Pokken thing but Pokemon Smash (as I call it) would give the developers far more creative freedom. Pokémon Smash would mean fewer restrictions, like NOT limiting the roster to humanoids or fighting types. Only In my dreams, I guess.
You said it. There's 50+ Fighting type pokemon, & the basic requirement based off this game so far is off a fighting game. Makes sense *shrug*.
So far there's 20 pure fighting types, 7 primary fighting types (aka they're dual type), & 24 secondary fighting types (not primary).

So far speculating from only the trailer, I'm hoping to be wrong, but only 27 fighting types average may be in the game. Then again this is me being narrow-minded on purpose to slim it down. Here's to 700+ pokemon to play! Where you at DBZBT3?!
Why does Samus have her Power Armor (not the other m design)? Is this an alt costume or did I just miss something...

Or is the other m design only for wii u?
I'm 80% positive her power suit design originates from Other M for both WiiU & 3DS. I can be wrong but I'm sure I read it from somewhere.
How would you guys feel about the idea of the Ice Climbers being buffed to be thrice as powerful as they were before should they come back via DLC?:troll:

Because he's just that popular. What can I say, people love their fiery dragons.
I'd feel decent, since that DLC pack will be thrice times as expensive. It's not every day you get to pay $20.00 to buy one fighter only to learn that it's only Popo & he can wobble forever until KO'ing with his U-throw at 200%.:troll:

Also people loving charizard so much makes me sad, because Reshiram isn't getting the same treatment Charizard is getting.:c

I'm kidding. I don't have any bond with Reshiram, but if people like Charizard so much, I'd think Reshiram would be booming with happiness. Doesn't seem to be the case with the white fiery draon. . .:ohwell: Racist much community?:mad088:

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Put your hands together if you wanna clap as we take you through this chain grab rap.

I recall back in Red/Blue that the opinion split on the three starters. For a time, Blastoise was as or more popular. How did Charizard even beat a ****ing turtle with canons on his shoulders? What is this I don't even... Guess all the cool genwunners died off.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
I recall back in Red/Blue that the opinion split on the three starters. For a time, Blastoise was as or more popular. How did Charizard even beat a ****ing turtle with canons on his shoulders? What is this I don't even... Guess all the cool genwunners died off.
The anime happened. :001:, :4charizard:& :squirtle:, but no :009:.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
But Gary's starter was Blastoise.
All the pokemon nerds hated Gary's stuck-up a** and associated that with Blastoise:troll:
Ash was much more prominant, all of his main party (except maybe:012:) made more appearances than Gary did. Maybe FireRed and LeafNotBlue also helped, especially after Gary stopped being the rival.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
All the pokemon nerds hated Gary's stuck-up a** and associated that with Blastoise:troll:
Gary had way more swagger than Ash in my humble factpinion. I'll admit that Blastoise is for stuck up people. He's high-class and isn't meant for commoners. The lunch pail crowd couldn't possibly be qualified to handle a Pokemon of this caliber. :troll:
Ash was much more prominant, all of his main party (except maybe:012:) made more appearances than Gary did. Maybe FireRed and LeafNotBlue also helped, especially after Gary stopped being the rival.
Yeah, that comes with the territory when you're the main protagonist, but Gary was styling on him for quite some time in that anime, showing him up in so many ways. I'm surprised it was even considered a rivalry tbh. It was like Gary was humoring the noob.

So apparently someone has teh game now... Could most likely be fake but whatever....
I've seen this picture before, but it's only now I'm noticing that step ladder. Overexcited employee confirmed.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Gary had way more swagger than Ash in my humble factpinion. I'll admit that Blastoise is for stuck up people. He's high-class and isn't meant for commoners. The lunch pail crowd couldn't possibly be qualified to handle a Pokemon of this caliber. :troll:

Yeah, that comes with the territory when you're the main protagonist, but Gary was styling on him for quite some time in that anime, showing him up in so many ways. I'm surprised it was even considered a rivalry tbh. It was like Gary was humoring the noob.

I've seen this picture before, but it's only now I'm noticing that step ladder. Overexcited employee confirmed.
I noticed it too, but once he has it, he's not letting go of it! :)

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman

Smash 4 Hype.png

My best attempt at getting the gang from the third commercial. Unfortunately I don't have PhotoShop, so obviously this was done in Paint. I hate that I had to use it just to get the play screen off the photo. :glare: Still though, this is such an awesome hype shot. :love:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Playable Shcukle? I'll dream with you man

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Maybe Pokken Fighters will be good enough.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
It's got Lucario & Machamp, so I'm set!:4lucario:
Blaziken was in the teaser as well, so Im happy as it is also (tho Mewtwo would be even more hype if he was in. Heres hoping Greninja plays similarly to Raven so I could actually apply some of my strats into that)

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
First part of Robin's final smash at :20 which is way more clear than Robin's reveal trailer.
Looks like Chrom launches forward from behind Robin. Chrom moves forward sorta like marth's FS except Robin can't kill himself from doing it.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
What if we didn't get Mewtwo in Pokken or Smash?
MegaMewtwoX will be there. No sweat dawg.
Blaziken was in the teaser as well, so Im happy as it is also (tho Mewtwo would be even more hype if he was in. Heres hoping Greninja plays similarly to Raven so I could actually apply some of my strats into that)
Woah source please?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
View attachment 24519
My best attempt at getting the gang from the third commercial. Unfortunately I don't have PhotoShop, so obviously this was done in Paint. I hate that I had to use it just to get the play screen off the photo. :glare: Still though, this is such an awesome hype shot. :love:
It's funny, at first I was impressed they put so much work into such a short and minor commercial, but then I realized they just re-used the models and setting from Greninja's trailer.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Also people loving charizard so much makes me sad, because Reshiram isn't getting the same treatment Charizard is getting.:c

I'm kidding. I don't have any bond with Reshiram, but if people like Charizard so much, I'd think Reshiram would be booming with happiness. Doesn't seem to be the case with the white fiery draon. . .:ohwell: Racist much community?:mad088:
I love Reshiram, actually.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Good point, but still how did someone get the game before it's release?
Somehow it always happens, although I think this time, it's just a really excited fan working at a store, where you can buy the game in Japan. Notice the ladder in the bottom right corner.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, my bets are that its IN stores right now in Japan, but its not actually for sale. A fan working at a store snapped a photo of it saying "yeah, its in the back room, its just not for sale yet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom