• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
My

mind was blow when I found out:
ONEtt
TWOson
THREEd
FOURside
I don't know why I never noticed that, it's so obvious!
:o
Holy.......*mind blown* I HONESTLY TO THIS DAY AT THIS MOMENT HAVE NOT NOTICED THAT!! I can't handle it anymore *falls into coma*

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
bonus name facts:

Did you know Wario's name isn't just a simple flip of the M in Mario? It's actually a play on the word "warui", which means bad in Japanese.

It works better for Waluigi (Waruiji), but that's how Wario's name came about.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
bonus name facts:

Did you know Wario's name isn't just a simple flip of the M in Mario? It's actually a play on the word "warui", which means bad in Japanese.

It works better for Waluigi (Waruiji), but that's how Wario's name came about.
I learned that from Did You Know Gaming's Youtube Channel lol

Zynux

Smash Lord
Please Understand.
View attachment 24530
This Smash Brothers game is going to be the best so far, regardless of the characters in it. Everyone will fall in love with characters they never thought they would. Just be happy that the game is almost out, and enjoy it when it is.
The game isn't even out yet. How do you know it will be good :denzel:?

With that said, it goes without saying that the overall mechanics of the game will (probably) be solid regardless of the roster.

Any one here experiencing site errors too?
My apologies. Uploading Ridley is taking a toll on the servers. Please understand.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well I wonder what's doing this. But I am outta here for now.

But I saw something!! I got exclusive info on this!!

How I got my citation, Let's just say I have some outside sources...

At least 2 of those parodies are born on Miiverse XD
Anyway, I'd add For SPARTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
and By the power of Grayskull, but I think that's a bit too far XD

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Nothing will top this one

Reg: Welcome to the Salty Spittoon. How tough are ya?
Player: How tough am I? How tough am I?! I beat Marth in Melee!
Reg: Yeah, so?
Player: Using Mario
Reg: Uhh, right this way, sorry to keep you waiting.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I am nervous right now I have not been able to sleep, eat or focus on schoolwork because of wolf my only relief will be disappointment or joy which if the latter happens I will get the game only 2 days until we know wolf's fate.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I am nervous right now I have not been able to sleep, eat or focus on schoolwork because of wolf my only relief will be disappointment or joy which if the latter happens I will get the game only 2 days until we know wolf's fate.
Dude it's just a game. You're too emotionally attached to it if you're unable to eat because of that

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I can understand being a little anxious to see the final version of the game, but damn. I'm not gonna miss any meals or lose sleep over it.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would love another one of those cheeky messages like Sakurai did with Meta Knight for the pic of the day with the mii mask. That would be a fun pic of the day.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Ridley "returns"....as an assist Trophy
Mewtwo returns...as a masterball pokemon

:troll:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I would love another one of those cheeky messages like Sakurai did with Meta Knight for the pic of the day with the mii mask. That would be a fun pic of the day.
POTD with Miis wearing the Wolf hat and the Ice Climbers hood.

willy410

Smash Rookie
You said it. There's 50+ Fighting type pokemon, & the basic requirement based off this game so far is off a fighting game. Makes sense *shrug*.
So far there's 20 pure fighting types, 7 primary fighting types (aka they're dual type), & 24 secondary fighting types (not primary).

So far speculating from only the trailer, I'm hoping to be wrong, but only 27 fighting types average may be in the game. Then again this is me being narrow-minded on purpose to slim it down. Here's to 700+ pokemon to play! Where you at DBZBT3?!
Actually Katsuhiro Harada, the director of the game, confirmed that not all the fighters will be fighting type, they won't all be humanoid, and that won't even all be final evolutions! Which makes me a lot more excited for Pokken

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
If Meta Knight was mad someone was impersonating him, whoever's impersonating Wolf probably should go into the Witness Protection Program.
I totally forgot about that POTD. I was like...well then...don't ever impersonate as meta knight XD

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm still bracing myself for unexpected Super Smash Bros. 4 news for the Nintendo 3DS edition... >_> Still fervently holding out hope for the fighters of Mewtwo, Ridley, Solid Snake, King K. Rool, Isaac (of Golden Sun), Miles "Tails" Prower, Vaati, Sukapon, and Agumon (yes, of Digimon)!

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm still bracing myself for unexpected Super Smash Bros. 4 news for the Nintendo 3DS edition... >_> Still fervently holding out hope for the fighters of Mewtwo, Ridley, Solid Snake, King K. Rool, Isaac (of Golden Sun), Miles "Tails" Prower, Vaati, Sukapon, and Agumon (yes, of Digimon)!
Agumon? wait what party is Digimon in? fourth right? (not trying to rain on your parade but I am actually interested in the possible fact that they have relations with Nintendo.)

*EDIT* Sukapon is a very great idea BTW, is my favorite Famicom rep (though we have too many now...)

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
We should find out the whole roster soon. Very likely tomorrow.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Nothing will top this one

Reg: Welcome to the Salty Spittoon. How tough are ya?
Player: How tough am I? How tough am I?! I beat Marth in Melee!
Reg: Yeah, so?
Player: Using Mario
Reg: Uhh, right this way, sorry to keep you waiting.
For Manliness? no,no,wait For Reg? no,no,wait I got it! For a Bowl of Nails for Breakfast!....

I got nuttin...

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Agumon? wait what party is Digimon in? fourth right? (not trying to rain on your parade but I am actually interested in the possible fact that they have relations with Nintendo.)

*EDIT* Sukapon is a very great idea BTW, is my favorite Famicom rep (though we have too many now...)
No problems. To my knowledge, the Digimon franchise is owned by Bandai (of Japan, who released the original virtual-pet Digimon toys and contribute to the Digimon anime), and they seem to make most of the Digimon games, so I believe that Agumon would be considered as being from a third-party franchise, Digimon. I figured Bandai would have something to contribute alongside Namco in the "Namco-Bandai" partnership, with the company helping in developing Super Smash Bros. 4.. XD As for relations with Nintendo, Bandai has a few Digimon games on Nintendo platforms, and at the very least, it helps keep the Pokemon franchise as a viable/competitive property! With SSB4 heralding "Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman vs. Pac-Man", "Pokemon vs. Digimon" would help to complete the package..!

Thanks; I feel that Sukapon deserves playable representation, with an intriguing body design and hailing from one of Nintendo's earliest/first? fighting game, Joy Mech Fight.. Other than that, I was hoping for a playable Takamaru....sigh. A potential Duck Hunt Dog inclusion would also be interesting, in my opinion...

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
No problems. To my knowledge, the Digimon franchise is owned by Bandai (of Japan, who released the original virtual-pet Digimon toys and contribute to the Digimon anime), and they seem to make most of the Digimon games, so I believe that Agumon would be considered as being from a third-party franchise, Digimon. I figured Bandai would have something to contribute alongside Namco in the "Namco-Bandai" partnership, with the company helping in developing Super Smash Bros. 4.. XD As for relations with Nintendo, Bandai has a few Digimon games on Nintendo platforms, and at the very least, it helps keep the Pokemon franchise as a viable/competitive property! With SSB4 heralding "Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman vs. Pac-Man", "Pokemon vs. Digimon" would help to complete the package..!

Thanks; I feel that Sukapon deserves playable representation, with an intriguing body design and hailing from one of Nintendo's earliest/first? fighting game, Joy Mech Fight.. Other than that, I was hoping for a playable Takamaru....sigh. A potential Duck Hunt Dog inclusion would also be interesting, in my opinion...
Bandai representation seems like a great idea! especially with that explanation it doesn't feel that farfetch'ed

anymore. I hope to see some representation of the series (maybe a trophy like Rayman) and I would be willing to play as a Digimon character.

As for Takamaru, I wanted him to be announced first-hand but he got pushed to assist trophy....

another day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom