• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If you guys have nothing to argue against my point with third-parties, then I think it's settled that I won the argument here.

You like that voice? It's so unfitting for a supposedly 15/18 year old woman.

:231:
I certainly like the mature voice, I've gotten used those kinds of voices with characters like Dipper from Gravity Falls or arguably Phineas from Phineas and Ferb. It's a bit bizarre, but you get used it eventually and love it over time.

All ATs in the series
Andross
Dr. Kawashima
Isabelle
Nintendog
Sablé Prince
Sheriff
Takamaru
Waluigi
Mr Resetti
Who would you guys like to see pull a Little Mac? I'd like Dark Samus, Dillon, Ghirahim, Lyn, Saki Amamiya, Takamaru, Starfy, Ray MKII and Isaac pull Little Macs personally.
-Dr. Kawashima
-Isabelle
-Nintendog
-Sablé Prince
-Takamaru
-Waluigi
-Mr Resetti

My personal choices I would like to see.
Two of them of very obvious.

No it won't, plain and simple. This is Smash Bros, not the strip joint. All they would be doing is watering her down, and that isn't even Bayonetta. Bayonetta uses her hair, her guns, her clothes to fight and one of the consequences for her clothes and hair is she shows skin when she fights. Not to mention, is that the kind of character that people want in Smash? If you go and water a character's moveset down, all she is nothing more but another genetic fighter
It's still would be the action-packed Bayonetta people like about her though. Even if you took off the erotic behavior and skin problem completely, she would still have a load of flashy moves inspired from the games that would make her a fun character, she would not be a generic character to play as.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Who would you guys like to see pull a Little Mac?
In order of personal preference:

1. Samurai Goroh: Honestly the one F-Zero racer I like more than even Smash Falcon.

2. Dillon: Standard.

3. Isaac: Standard.

4. Waluigi: AFTER Toad only. Otherwise skip to the next.

5. Tingle/Ghirahim/Midna: no preference, just get one of these Zelda characters in.

6. Isabelle: Everyone's animal crossing waifu. Used a lot in promotional material so she's probably worthy if we could figure out how she'd fight.

If you guys have nothing to argue against my point with third-parties, then I think it's settled that I won the argument here.
. . .are you serious? you're outright being ridiculous dude. Never met someone so passive-aggressive

anyway. cutting room floor wiki states sora was found in the code lol. Dont believe it but I would love it.

EDIT it is gone. no surprise

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I can't see those working, tell me how they could work
EDI: Sora? XD No way can that be true
Since I mentioned them too, I might be able to whip something up.

Dr. Kawashima:
Attacks that involve numbers that need to be used to make the attack stronger.
An attack where little people walk in and out your house?
Deals good damage already, but what's an explosive party when there's not even 5 people.
Let the house fill with party dudes until that number is met and the roof comes off!

Nintendogs:
The dog does absolutely nothing. Refuses to fight.
Unless a toy comes flying through the air or racing over the ground.
Then little puppy runs after it. Wants to bite it.
Good boy just damaged the opponent.

Mr. Resetti.
Being a mole, he would rather dig is way through the field, only jumping out of it for aerials.
But Resetti is rather mad and he's not exactly well-known for his good temper.
Resetti attacking is a result of a temper tantrum and he might not fight very subtle because of it.

If anybody wants to use these in a thread, go ahead.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, most everyone thinks we're getting more than six. I wish I could share in your optimism.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I certainly like the mature voice, I've gotten used those kinds of voices with characters like Dipper from Gravity Falls or arguably Phineas from Phineas and Ferb. It's a bit bizarre, but you get used it eventually and love it over time.

-Dr. Kawashima
-Isabelle
-Nintendog
-Sablé Prince
-Takamaru
-Waluigi
-Mr Resetti

My personal choices I would like to see.
Two of them of very obvious.

It's still would be the action-packed Bayonetta people like about her though. Even if you took off the erotic behavior and skin problem completely, she would still have a load of flashy moves inspired from the games that would make her a fun character, she would not be a generic character to play as.
See, you can't really argue a point that states, "ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!", because no matter what, your rebuttal will be, " BUT IT CAN HAPPEN!"

I could say, "Yeah I'm pretty confident a meteor is going to crush me on my way to school tomorrow". But when somebody says, " There's no indication that a meteor will hit you", I would respond, "YEAH WELL ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!"

There is evidence to suggest 3rd parties need to have more than just flashy moves to them, based on the characters that were picked already. That is where Bayonetta falls short.

This is coming from a guy who likes Bayonetta too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hm? Dipper and Phineas's voice are really sound age-appropriate for the most part. Lyn sounds like a 30 year old woman from that clip. No idea where you are coming from with that. :confused:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Guns in feet sounds super unique, just change the bullets in yellow flashes and you could pull off all kinds of weird projectile stunts.
Not to mention the possibilities if Sakurai takes a bit of artistic liberty with it. Fire boots? Electric stun boots? Nuclear Rocket Boots?

Not sure how attacking with clothes would work in Smash.

And yeah, she's not very likely.
Even if rules can be broken, I doubt they will be broken and I doubt even more they'll be broken for her.

I could say that Sakurai is a mad man and is going to add Whacka? (Paper Mario)
Because where did he say characters have to be known to people?

As for the amount of DLC-dudes and dudettes we'll be getting: I say 9.
Moomoo, Lucky Luke, TehEpicRyu, NotAKoopa, Mystery dude X and Wolf pre ballot.
3 ballot characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of ATs with questionable voices, why is Isaac's VA a woman? He's 17 so he should have a mature voice
Because he's the perfect shonen bait for fangirls. I even bet that Isaac x Link will be a thing after he win the ballot. :troll:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
. . .are you serious? you're outright being ridiculous dude. Never met someone so passive-aggressive
That's what I like to do anyway, but no harm is intended when I debate.
I try to be the nicest as possible when it comes to it.

I can't see those working, tell me how they could work
Since WeirdChillFever already picked-up some examples, I just focus on Kawashima:
Well for one Dr. Kawashima already has hands in the newest game he's appeared in:

So at least he wouldn't look awkward when he's doing combat, he'd at least have fists for combat.

See, you can't really argue a point that states, "ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!", because no matter what, your rebuttal will be, " BUT IT CAN HAPPEN!"

I could say, "Yeah I'm pretty confident a meteor is going to crush me on my way to school tomorrow". But when somebody says, " There's no indication that a meteor will hit you", I would respond, "YEAH WELL ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!"
Not sure what you're trying to say here, because that wasn't really what I was stating. The main thing I was arguing about is that if he can change his mind about certain types of characters, then he can certainly change his mind about 3rd parties too. I don't think I said anywhere that anything can happen, because there are going to be some cases where character elimination can be done easily. (Obscure third-parties like Goemon and Marina Lightyears, non-videogame characters, etc., I stated it before, you guys should probably know by now)
Bayonetta and other third parties like Shovel Knight are not of this case at all and are way more than just an average joe.

There is evidence to suggest 3rd parties need to have more than just flashy moves to them, based on the characters that were picked already. That is where Bayonetta falls short.
And again, that can easily change if Sakurai changes his mind on these unconfirmed rules with DLC. Unless it's officially stated, it has an open possibility of happening.

This is coming from a guy who likes Bayonetta too.
Well you're certainly not going to change my mind easily just by stating that you know. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's what I like to do anyway, but no harm is intended when I debate.
I try to be the nicest as possible when it comes to it.

Since WeirdChillFever already picked-up some examples, I just focus on Kawashima:
Well for one Dr. Kawashima already has hands in the newest game he's appeared in:

So at least he wouldn't look awkward when he's doing combat, he'd at least have fists for combat.

Not sure what you're trying to say here, because that wasn't really what I was stating. The main thing I was arguing about is that if he can change his mind about certain types of characters, then he can certainly change his mind about 3rd parties too. I don't think I said anywhere that anything can happen, because there are going to be some cases where character elimination can be done easily. (Obscure third-parties like Goemon and Marina Lightyears, non-videogame characters, etc., I stated it before, you guys should probably know by now)
Bayonetta and other third parties like Shovel Knight are not of this case at all and are way more than just an average joe.

And again, that can easily change if Sakurai changes his mind on these unconfirmed rules with DLC. Unless it's officially stated, it has an open possibility of happening.

Well you're certainly not going to change my mind easily just by stating that you know. :p
You must be the guy who made Relax Alax freak out about character speculation then

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Who would you guys like to see pull a Little Mac? I'd like Dark Samus, Dillon, Ghirahim, Lyn, Saki Amamiya, Takamaru, Starfy, Ray MKII and Isaac pull Little Macs personally.
1. Midna
2. Ghirahim
3-: Everyone else

dezeray112

Smash Hero
All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Isaac, Saki, Magnus, Lyn, Sable Prince, Samurai Goroh and Phosphora would be my choices.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Why are we confident K.Rool has a very good chance? Even with the ballot, you should lower your expectations before you forget what happened last time.

I'd say that goes for all characters that aren't Wolf, Roy and Ryu.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
TehEpicRyuga said:
Who would you guys like to see pull a Little Mac?
If you mean obscure/wierd or something;

Vince - He would be an awesome character. A lot of painting/ sculpting ect in his attacks. Also, he is old. We need an old character that isn't Cranky Kong.(because I would rage if Cranky came lol.)

Lady Calista - not that known. Would love to see Last Story representation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you mean obscure/wierd or something;

Vince - He would be an awesome character. A lot of painting/ sculpting ect in his attacks. Also, he is old. We need an old character that isn't Cranky Kong.(because I would rage if Cranky came lol.)

Lady Calista - not that known. Would love to see Last Story representation.
I meant assist trophies that become playable

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So, most everyone thinks we're getting more than six. I wish I could share in your optimism.
After this ryu + roy + ??? + ??? thing.........

I would not be surprised if we reach a total of 8 plus stages. I don't know how I will feel about all that. :/
I meant assist trophies that become playable
Saki. - He would be cool because lasers and sword. I don't know much about him.
Metroid - what better way of represnting Metroid than by adding in a Metroid? :-D
Waluigi - though Daisy first please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom