• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea was boosting stats but boosting too much makes your stats lower, stuns you or makes you go boom
exactly.

speed and zoom in make him faster and gives new (better) moves respectively

slow increases power

but use it too much and he becomes significantly weaker. and goes from his red suit to his blue shirt where he barely does any damage.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
exactly.

speed and zoom in make him faster and gives new (better) moves respectively

slow increases power

but use it too much and he becomes significantly weaker. and goes from his red suit to his blue shirt where he barely does any damage.
Any Nintendo characters fit my idea though? Don't get me wrong, Viewtiful Joe is awesome but I prefer a character with chance...It pains me to say that

Any Nintendo characters fit my idea though? Don't get me wrong, Viewtiful Joe is awesome but I prefer a character with chance...It pains me to say that
Wonder Cheerleader who is actually Silvia from VJ :troll:

Doesnt Chibi Robo have a battery power in this game that depletes as you play? that sounds like a gooed excuse.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Against the idea? It was the whole reason I came back after 11 years!

Is there any characters from currently unrepresented franchises you guys want to see in Smash outside the obvious Isaac?

I'd be pretty pumped to see a Fossil Fighter myself. I've never played the games, but I'd like to see how such a thing could be implemented. Doshin the Giant's another I'd like to see, but he's...ya know...2big.
  • Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Sakurai considered him for SSB4 so I can see him getting in next time if he gets a new game)
  • Muddy from Mole Mania (retro newcomer with plenty of unique moveset potential)
  • Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven (SSB4 data implies a Rhythm Heaven character was planned so I can see them getting in next time)
  • Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza (new custom fighters with cats, dogs, and bunnies... oh, and they just got two more games this month so they are still relevant and printing money)
  • Inklings from Splatoon (new IP Nintendo is really pushing... plus they got amiibos already)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Is there any characters from currently unrepresented franchises you guys want to see in Smash outside the obvious Isaac?

I'd be pretty pumped to see a Fossil Fighter myself. I've never played the games, but I'd like to see how such a thing could be implemented. Doshin the Giant's another I'd like to see, but he's...ya know...2big.
Cia (She's would fit in Smash so much as the Hyrule Warriors rep, but her appearance might be too much for an E+10 rated Smash)

Dillon (Cowboy armadillo with claws and mobile turrets? Sign me up!)

Takamaru (While he's obviously shot down before the game's development, I still have to show him that there are people who wants him regardless of lacking new game)

Style Savvy (A character from a series that is popular despite being from a girl only series. Plus, her outfits would look so nice in HD).

Heracles (Needs more Greek influence in Smash and the unexpected Japanese remix was great).

Chibi Robo (This little guy should have been in Smash since Brawl and he would be so unique).

Ayumi Tachibana (Sure she was supposedly rejected from Melee's roster, but it would be nice to have a young female detective in Smash after the likes of Wii Fit Trainer).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Cia? She's not getting a trophy in Smash, let alone a spot on the roster. Ask Tharja.

Lana might work.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I would love to see a Fossil Fighter character in the game, there is some interesting potential there that I'd like to see tapped.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm curious as to what Sakurai's criteria for "acceptable in a family game" is.

Somebody asked recently if Tiki's outfit would be kosher in Smash, and I'd say it is. She did get a trophy, after all. Yet she's the only character I can think of, playable or otherwise, that shows that much skin. Even Zero Suit Samus is at least covered from the neck down.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Honestly, I would've loved to see Donbe & Hikari as a two-in-one fighter akin to :4duckhunt:, with their moveset basically being homages to various parts to Japanese culture/history, as their game and story was a parody on bits of mythos itself. I'd almost wannna say that they'd be a nice way of using some of the concepts one would fine in Okami.

Welcome to Isaac. A core point of the gameplay (and likely would be his B, akin to the function of :4shulk:'s monado arts) would be the system of Set-Standby-Recovery with Djinn. You'd "equip" small deity like creatures to buff up your stats, perform a large elemental attack with them, but then be given an amount of time that it would recover before you could reinstate the cycle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I would've loved to see Donbe & Hikari as a two-in-one fighter akin to :4duckhunt:, with their moveset basically being homages to various parts to Japanese culture/history, as their game and story was a parody on bits of mythos itself. I'd almost wannna say that they'd be a nice way of using some of the concepts one would fine in Okami.

Welcome to Isaac. A core point of the gameplay (and likely would be his B, akin to the function of :4shulk:'s monado arts) would be the system of Set-Standby-Recovery with Djinn. You'd "equip" small deity like creatures to buff up your stats, perform a large elemental attack with them, but then be given an amount of time that it would recover before you could reinstate the cycle.
I don't think Isaac would fit my idea, I've done a moveset with him before and it had all Djinn in GS1

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nah. What would her attacks be? She'd essentially just be Lip's Stick personified, which isn't a very good idea to me.
Puzzles.

Seriously, a moveset based around summoning and switching coloured blocks to augment your power would be amazing. Translating it into a cohesive series of animations would be a task in itself, but knowing Sakurai's creative flair and interest in Panel de Pon, he could definitely make it work.

AlexTheMeowth

Smash Rookie
Well~ Here i am, I came here to tell ask you guys to try and help me with my list. This list is the characters I want in smash! The ones i haven't included i probably forgot about, tell me them in replies.

Confirmed
Mewtwo
Lucas

S
Meowth
Shantae
Waluigi

A
Isaac
Any Bravely Default Characters
Zero
King K

A-
Krystal

B+
Waddle Dee
Roy

B
Impa
Toad
Daisy

B-
Sceptile
Pokemon Trainer

C+
Inkling
Sora

C
Any Rhythm Heaven Character

C-
Paper Mario

D+
Ice Climbers
Mach Rider
Black Mage
Snake

D
Andy
Chibi-Robo

D-
Bayonetta
Pichu
Black Shadow
Claus

E
Additional characters from Sega, Namco, or Capcom
Geno
Rundas
Vaati
Magolor

F (Already in the game in non-playable form)
Ghirahim
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna
Blaziken
Zoroark
Chrom
Lyn
Viridi
Takamaru
Young Link

G (Come on, people...)
Goku
Shrek
Naruto

#VoteMeowth #Meowth4Smash #Meowth

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Puzzles.

Seriously, a moveset based around summoning and switching coloured blocks to augment your power would be amazing. Translating it into a cohesive series of animations would be a task in itself, but knowing Sakurai's creative flair and interest in Panel de Pon, he could definitely make it work.
Hmm... That could work for a diverse and fun moveset. I understand.
How dare you disgrace my waifu. Fix this. ;~;

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lana would be cool.

About Cia, yeah, her design is just ehhh ...

We could say she's too big to be playable, which also makes a Dead or Alive character unlikely to join the roster. :troll:

Cia? She's not getting a trophy in Smash, let alone a spot on the roster. Ask Tharja.

Lana might work.
That might as well be the case since she's the real star of the show and gets to have the Deku Stick over Saria. Having her in the roster would be amusing since it would cause enough salt among those that think "Blue haired J-Pop trash" shouldn't be in Smash. :awesome:

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We could say she's too big to be playable, which also makes a Dead or Alice character unlikely to join the roster. :troll:
I got a good chuckle out of this.

Surprised Tecmo-Koei hasn't vocalised interest in Smash yet. Not gonna lie, Ryu Hayabusa would be hype. Hell, I'd settle for Ayane if it came to it.

I'd grudgingly tolerate Lana at best.

Manendorf though.

EDIT: How'd I misspell "Ryu"?!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I got a good chuckle out of this.

Surprised Tecmo-Koei hasn't vocalised interest in Smash yet. Not gonna lie, Ryua Hayabusa would be hype. Hell, I'd settle for Ayane if it came to it.

I'd grudgingly tolerate Lana at best.

Manendorf though.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants the Black Hawk Ninja in Smash, I grew to love Ninja Gaiden since the NES games and loved the punishing difficulty it. The hack and slash reboots are no slouch either since it's my second favorite video game genre and his new look was sexy with an "S". Ryu Hayabusa might as well be considered one of the best video game ninjas in history.

As for Tecmo Koei not advocating for their characters, maybe it's because they don't really support Nintendo (specifically the Wii U) anymore since Razor's Edge had lost its Nintendo exclusivity. Dead of Alive 5: The Last Round also would have been perfect for the console since there isn't that many traditional fighters on it. Then there's the fact that he might have to compete with another gritty fighter: Solid Snake.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well~ Here i am, I came here to tell ask you guys to try and help me with my list. This list is the characters I want in smash! The ones i haven't included i probably forgot about, tell me them in replies.

S
Meowth
Waluigi
B+
Roy
B
Toad
F (Already in the game in non-playable form)
Meowth's a pokeball "summon," Waluigi's an Assist Trophy, Roy's name is taken, and Toad's confined to the void under Peach's Dress. ...Okay Roy's case is a little more conjecture but the other 3 belong in that F-tier.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants the Black Hawk Ninja in Smash, I grew to love Ninja Gaiden since the NES games and loved the punishing difficulty it. The hack and slash reboots are no slouch either since it's my second favorite video game genre and his new look was sexy with an "S". Ryu Hayabusa might as well be considered one of the best video game ninjas in history.

As for Tecmo Koei not advocating for their characters, maybe it's because they don't really support Nintendo (specifically the Wii U) anymore since Razor's Edge had lost its Nintendo exclusivity. Dead of Alive 5: The Last Round also would have been perfect for the console since there isn't that many traditional fighters on it. Then there's the fact that he might have to compete with another gritty fighter: Solid Snake.
Or the fact that, y'know, Sakurai would veto their physical idiosyncrasies right off the bat.

Probably helps that Ryu would be the top candidate, though, not much to worry about there.

AlexTheMeowth

Smash Rookie
Meowth's a pokeball "summon," Waluigi's an Assist Trophy, Roy's name is taken, and Toad's confined to the void under Peach's Dress. ...Okay Roy's case is a little more conjecture but the other 3 belong in that F-tier.

Sigh You may think this but i personally don't. :3 I think its about time Waluigi was given a push to something higher and Meowth would be a GREAT character. He would be a small, medium wight, that would be quite fast and agile. His move-set would be quite diverse also due to being a Normal type

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sigh You may think this but i personally don't. :3 I think its about time Waluigi was given a push to something higher and Meowth would be a GREAT character. He would be a small, medium wight, that would be quite fast and agile. His move-set would be quite diverse also due to being a Normal type
It's not your opinion he's taking issue with.

It's the fact that you're rejected every other character with a preexisting role except those two.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
YoshiandToad said:

Pretty much these:
Lip - A retro and quirky character. I think she would be fun and a moveset based or influenced by puzzles would be fantastic.

Bayonetta - Fighting while transforming into beasts would be really fun. Also, Witch Time would be a VERY unique addition. (even if it's 1-2 seconds of slow down after she dodges and it's a near miss.)

Rayman - His platforming games already give him his moves lol. Though I'd like him to shoot those yellow orbs like in Rayman 2.

Calisa- She's from The Last Story, so I'm sure she would have good enough moves. Xenoblade got a character already, but at least the two project rainfall games have some trophies.

Mach Rider - the second vehicle based character like Bowser J, except in a Bike!!! Who doesn't want that?! inb4 you can do mid-air stunts as dodges.

Inkling - 1 video of Splatoon says it all.

Vince - an old guy from Art Academy who tough me how to paint decently. It's probabbly the bigest stretch, but I just think it would be really cool if he used various objects like an Art Canvas to whack people with ect. He may be very unqiue. Possibly quickly draws something on paper or in the air and it temporarily comes to life. PLUS WE NEED OLD PEOPLE! This discrimination is BEYOND 'moar females' and 'moar villains' combined . :p

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Girl only series? I'm sure there's some boys out there who enjoy it. Come on now, it's 2012.
I've said it was a girls only series since majority of the game's fans are female and that is where their sales came from. I'm sure that plenty of guys would main her instantly regardless of that. :smirk:

Like @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen said, there are some males who play it like me, DustyPumpkin, BluePikmin, and a few others. I even remembered that a fashion loving guy made a Let's Play of the first game a few years ago. I do see your point though since there's no such thing as a game that does have an audience confined to one gender these days.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Nah. What would her attacks be? She'd essentially just be Lip's Stick personified, which isn't a very good idea to me.
Puzzles.

Yeah, puzzles are a pretty big part of her moveset.

I always like the idea of having the "block flipper" as a special. It would allow you to flip both projectiles and other characters.

She would also be a "sapper" characters due to her moves adding a flower effect.

I still don't think Lip Stick being an item affects her chances...granted, didn't think she had much of a chance before, but I don't think it completely ruins her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom