• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
I don't see another Sonic character getting in, but I would LOVE to see Metal Sonic in Smash as a fighter! I like Sonic, and Metal Sonic is one of my two most favorite characters in the series besides Sonic himself. Heck! I don't even care if he was a clone of Sonic, for I would enjoy playing as him, nonetheless!
Metal Sonic would be a cool alt, I think. Including alts for third party characters is probably a little bit more of a hassle considering that you have to get the rights to another character but I really wish we had a Ms. Pac-Man to call our own.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If third-party Smash Bros. amiibos unlocking corresponding outfits in Mario Kart doesn't show Sega, Capcom, and Namco seem pretty willing to play ball with those IPs, I don't know what will.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So how would you guys feel if......... Toro was released as DLC! (Braces for all the hate comments about Toro being an unpopular Sony character, and calling me an idiot for even suggesting such a thing.)
I would not be mad, I would like his inclusion.
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Namco vs Capcom needs to be done.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So how would you guys feel if......... Toro was released as DLC! (Braces for all the hate comments about Toro being an unpopular Sony character, and calling me an idiot for even suggesting such a thing.)
Hmmm.... the japanese Mascot for Sony that almost nobody on the western half of the world saw until the abomination of a Smash rip-off called Playstation All-Star Battle Royale. For SOME reason this seems like a really bad idea xD

If anyone from the Sony tree of game companies/characters is getting anyone in Smash, it's gonna be a Square-Enix rep. Weither this is a FF/DQ character or Geno... we'll likely see in Sma5h.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hmmm.... the japanese Mascot for Sony that almost nobody on the western half of the world saw until the abomination of a Smash rip-off called Playstation All-Star Battle Royale. For SOME reason this seems like a really bad idea xD

If anyone from the Sony tree of game companies/characters is getting anyone in Smash, it's gonna be a Square-Enix rep. Weither this is a FF/DQ character or Geno... we'll likely see in Sma5h.
Fighting game with four players battling at once? Must be a smash rip-off. (rolls eyes) Though I will admit it seems prone to crashing, it's a great game. Never said Toro was a good idea though. he's probably the only character on my wishlist/roster that I would be neutral if he got in. I quite literally picked him just because he was cute.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Fighting game with four players battling at once? Must be a smash rip-off. (rolls eyes) Though I will admit it seems prone to crashing, it's a great game. Never said Toro was a good idea though. he's probably the only character on my wishlist/roster that I would be neutral if he got in. I quite literally picked him just because he was cute.
A four player fighting game that stars the "All-Stars" of Playstation yet lacks classics like Spyro and Crash and suprisingly lacks any kind of Megaman or Square Enix character with various stages that represent the various series that the characters come from in a way that relies on platforming around and has a story mode where you arbituarily fight one character after another until you fight a sentient super god that is just a major body part? MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN HEAVILY INSPIRED BY SMASH.

Last edited:

Harb

Smash Cadet
NNID
Harb323
Switch FC
SW-2002-6569-6711
I personally believe that the next DLC character (besides Wolf if Sakurai decides to readd him) is going to be a newcomer from a series that hasn't gotten a newcomer this entire time the game has been out. I'm mainly referring to the Zelda and DK franchises. I do see K. Rool somehow getting in, though I am not fully guaranteeing it. Just a good chance he may get in. The only Zelda representatives that seem likely at this point are Tetra and MAYBE Groose. I guess they could add Impa and make her a semi-clone of Shiek instead of using her Hyrule Warriors weapons (seeing how Hyrule Warriors is already noncanon). However, I am still hoping that Tetra gets in. A dude can dream. =P

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Metal Sonic would be a cool alt, I think. Including alts for third party characters is probably a little bit more of a hassle considering that you have to get the rights to another character but I really wish we had a Ms. Pac-Man to call our own.
An alt? That works too. I know he'll probably not be in, but as a fighter or alt, as long as I could play as him, I'd be happy with that. I can live without him, though.

But. Tails tho.

I like how my input seems to be: This game=my favorite. Never played it tho.
I am not against Tails. I can even see him working in a Smash game. He just isn't a Sonic character that is high on my list, to be honest.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Toro, eh? He would fit right into Animal Crossing, haha. I don't see his appeal though.

:231:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Based on the responses I've read, it seems that Toro deserves to join Team Obscurity.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Are we really desperate for third party characters that we are genuinely contemplating adding Microsoft and Sony characters and indie nobodies in a Nintendo all-star game?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Are we really desperate for third party characters that we are genuinely contemplating adding Microsoft and Sony characters and indie nobodies in a Nintendo all-star game?
You'd be surprised at the number of PC gamers wanting Steve from Minecraft and Freddy ****ing Fazbear in Smash. Indie characters and most third parties (including Banjo to a lesser extent) is one thing, but wanting characters exclusive to a CPU device that is used every day is really pushing it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm voting for Mickey Mouse, Elsa, Claude Frollo, and Raven Baxter. Smash needs more Disney reps.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

A lot of people in the west actually first saw him in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm probably the only guy who still remembers Barbara the Bat. I had a topic about her, but I don't know how to revive it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Didn't PSABR try to get Cloud or Lara Croft but SE said no because they don't like people using their IP? Sorry Geno fans.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
You'd be surprised at the number of PC gamers wanting Steve from Minecraft and Freddy ****ing Fazbear in Smash. Indie characters and most third parties (including Banjo to a lesser extent) is one thing, but wanting characters exclusive to a CPU device that is used every day is really pushing it.
Steve is actually understandable, if hopeless. But the other character (Five Nights at Freddy's?)? I put that as a joke choice in the same vein as Shrek.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I thought you said Touhou.

Which would be more likely and believable.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm probably the only guy who still remembers Barbara the Bat. I had a topic about her, but I don't know how to revive it.
I remember her. Was kind of miffed she didn't come back as an assist trophy. As far as reviving the topic, can't really help you there. Sorry.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I swear I'm getting sick and tired of all the Diddy hate.

Can't you people either just:

A): Get good and learn how to handle a damn blasted matchup
B): Leave the competitive metagame to the competitive players alone

****ing hell these bunch of amateurs...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

No Diddy hate here, Diddy has lots of favorable match ups, but everything will change when the 1.06 nation attacks

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Or...

C) add Dixie Kong so people has a character who can beat Diddy Kong in his own game :troll:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Based on the responses I've read, it seems that Toro deserves to join Team Obscurity.
Oh totally! Toro is one of the most obscure characters I know. Plus. He is cute.
I thought you said Touhou.

Which would be more likely and believable.
Who is Touhou?

I agree Diddy Kong doesn't deserve hate. But that's a little harsh don't you think? Honestly I don't see why people complain about Diddy Kong so much. He is good, but he is definatly not OP.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Or, wild suggestion here, just hear me out:

You could stop taking it so personally and tarring everybody with the same brush. Sorry to say, me bucko, but throwing around terms like "you people" and "bunch of amateurs" only serves to deepen the rift between "muh diddies" and "muh nerfs".

Who is Touhou?
The source of my avatar and signature.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Relax bro. Come a couple of weeks when he's been nerfed into the ground and the only hoo-hah sound being made is of him being Star KOED by a Jab at 13%, no one will complain about your main anymore. :troll:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Going to politely ask that we refrain from trolling/flaming and such in this thread. Otherwise, infractions will be rolled out. Yes, Diddy as a character is a subject of debate, but there's a fine line between that and attacking others for different opinions on either side.

Burruni

Smash Hero
A lot of people in the west actually first saw him in Street Fighter X Tekken.
Didn't PSABR try to get Cloud or Lara Croft but SE said no because they don't like people using their IP? Sorry Geno fans.
1) I legitimately haven't played SF x T because I'm not adept for arcade fighters and I heard FAR too many negative things about the game to consider going out for that game.
2) This is the first I've heard of that front, but honestly the roster was only one of a number of problems that game had. However, that's pretty irrelevant to the characters that are upcoming. I just brought it up because it was a point to the obscurity and exclusivity to Toro.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I actually divvied up a moveset for the main character.

I'll share it if anybody's interested.
Marisa or Reimu?

This is a very important question that defines what kind of Touhou fan you are xD

(Though, of the two, Reimu'd be the more likely choice to be represented in a project like Smash... but that likeliness is like Lemeza from La Mulana).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom