• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meh, I think that if eShop is to get a character, it would be Mallo.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm still quite bummed his series didn't at least get a stage. It was practically begging for one.....

He did get a trophy at least on the 3DS version though, guess that counts for something....

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think if an eShop IP is to get a stage, it would be from Pushmo.

But if it were to get a character, it would be Dillon.

However, I think the stage is much more likely.

D

Deleted member

Smashville is a stationary stage with a single layout.
Town and City is a stage that shifts between two layouts.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh I'm not saying it's a bad stage... but it's not one I would miss if it wasn't there. Because Town and City.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Then again, there are worse stages to pick, like Hannenbow.
I'm starting to think I am the only one who actually thought Hannenbow was OK. It was an interesting concept for a stage. There has been worse stages than Hannenbow, New Pork City comes to mind

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think I am the only one who actually thought Hannenbow was OK. It was an interesting concept for a stage. There has been worse stages than Hannenbow, New Pork City comes to mind
I would've said Mario Bros. (Brawl) or 75 m (oh wait, that's in Smash Wii U...).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well what I'm getting at is as redundant as Smashville can feel it's not awful all things considered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still pretty redundant when you think of some of the other Brawl stages they could've brought back instead.
Of the list of stages not brought back in either game, only Pirate Ship comes to mind as the better choice.
And Shadow Moses Island, but yeah......

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Of the list of stages not brought back in either game, only Pirate Ship comes to mind as the better choice.
I can't remember, did they bring back Bridge of Eldin? I think it's about as good as Pirate Ship since there aren't game-breaking hazards (unless you're careless enough to get caught by the bomb) and it's long.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are only a small handful of Brawl stages so truly awful (imo) that I'd take Smashville over them. Though considering there's now Omega Mode... idek.

If anything Smashville should've been on the 3DS instead.

Well it's subjective any way you want to look at it. I'd take Frigate Orpheon, Spear Pillar, Pictochat, and Summit along with Pirate Ship over Smashville. Actually I'd probably take almost any other stage considering you can just put em on Omega Mode.

I can't remember, did they bring back Bridge of Eldin? I think it's about as good as Pirate Ship since there aren't game-breaking hazards (unless you're careless enough to get caught by the bomb) and it's long.
Yeah it's in the Wii U one.

D

Deleted member

They did.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Well it's subjective any way you want to look at it. I'd take Frigate Orpheon, Spear Pillar, Pictochat, and Summit along with Pirate Ship over Smashville. Actually I'd probably take almost any other stage considering you can just put em on Omega Mode.

They didn't bring back Frigate Orpheon?! What?! Hey, at least they brought back Norfair with soccer balls :). But that doesn't change the fact they didn't bring back Pirate Ship and Frigate Orpheon...

And thank you for confirming. Don't have Smash U myself yet. Bridge of Eldin is such a good stage...

D

Deleted member

Spear Pillar's a little redundant in itself with one of its featured guests serving as a summon doing one of its stage features, don't you think?
As for Pictochat, there's already Pictochat 2 on the 3DS....(and considering stages cater more towards handheld games on the 3DS anyway...)
And I'm going to be a little biased here, but Summit just sucked and I am glad Smashville got in over that. Especially since it lost any worth when the Ice Climbers flew the coop.

But I forgot Frigate Orpheon. Yeah, I'd take that over Smashville.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New Pork City would work great with 8 player Smash... surprised it isn't in the game... but then again, Lucas got cut.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Spear Pillar's a little redundant in itself with one of its featured guests serving as a summon doing one of its stage features, don't you think?
Not really. It'd only be redundant if Palkia's little gimmick was the crux of the stage or something instead of some annoyance that lasts a few second. Plus I'd assume if the stage was going to return Palkia would still be present there instead of as a Pokeball.

As for Pictochat, there's already Pictochat 2 on the 3DS....(and considering stages cater more towards handheld games on the 3DS anyway...)
I know. That's also redundant. But considering Pictochat 2 is on the 3DS the original Pictochat being on the Wii U would be less redundant than Smashville and Town and City being on the same system.

And I'm going to be a little biased here, but Summit just sucked and I am glad Smashville got in over that. Especially since it lost any worth when the Ice Climbers flew the coop.
I liked Summit. I know a lot of people didn't... but it's all subjective anyway. And if we can get a Balloon Fight stage without Balloon Fighter I don't see why we can't get Summit (or any IC stage) without the ICs.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
New Pork City would work great with 8 player Smash... surprised it isn't in the game... but then again, Lucas got cut.
It's weird that Brawl had so much Mother 3 stuff, but in this game it's all cut.
I liked Summit. I know a lot of people didn't... but it's all subjective anyway. And if we can get a Balloon Fight stage without Balloon Fighter I don't see why we can't get Summit (or any IC stage) without the ICs.
I love Summit, Melee's Icicle Mountain stage, not so much...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Icicle Mountain was the beginning of a bad stage gimmick Sakurai still doesn't realize is a bad stage gimmick.

At least it never returned.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Icicle Mountain was the beginning of a bad stage gimmick Sakurai still doesn't realize is a bad stage gimmick.

At least it never returned.
Thank God Sakurai came to his senses after the atrocity that was Rumble Falls.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Smashville is a stationary stage with a single layout.
Town and City is a stage that shifts between two layouts.
Also, just like with Skyworld, the whole point of the stage returning is so that its first actual representative can play on the stage.

D

Deleted member

@ N3ON N3ON Sorry for the late reply, had dinner and worked on some classwork I procrastinated on.
Not really. It'd only be redundant if Palkia's little gimmick was the crux of the stage or something instead of some annoyance that lasts a few second. Plus I'd assume if the stage was going to return Palkia would still be present there instead of as a Pokeball.
In the hypothetical that the stage was going to return with no Poké Ball Palkia, we wouldn't exactly be having this conversation, now would we? This is why we can't really use what-if's.
All we can go by is what is there, which is Palkia the summonable Pokémon. Having Spear Pillar on top of that would be rather redundant.

I know. That's also redundant. But considering Pictochat 2 is on the 3DS the original Pictochat being on the Wii U would be less redundant than Smashville and Town and City being on the same system.
Possibly. However, bear in mind that Smashville and Town and City are not the same as the likes of the two Pictochats or the two Pokémon Stadiums (which did appear in the same game in the past) where the stage gimmick and overall layout is the same; as I mentioned in an earlier post, Smashville is a stationary stage with a single layout, while Town and City is a stage that shifts between two separate layouts (neither of which are Smashville's layout). There's also the Food-carrying balloons on Smashville, which I don't think T&C has (I don't have the game to verify).

The Balloon Fight stage was never tied to a character to begin with unlike Summit (and by association, Icicle Mountain). The only reason those stages existed were due to the Ice Climbers being characters. Without the Climbers, those stages serve no purpose. Whereas Balloon Fight serves its specific purpose as a non-character related stage from the onset.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm pretty shocked we didn't get a stage based on WWHD, Pirate Ship should've at least returned.
I think that's probably because the Zelda team didn't really think about remaking Wind Waker until around early 2013 if I recall correctly, so it was probably too late to include a new Wind Waker stage and they probably already decided to bring back Bridge of Elding and Temple by then so bringing back Pirate Ship alongside it may have been seen as a bit overkill to them or something..... Then again, we have like four returning stages from the Mario series but then again, it's the Mario series.....

Of course that's just speculation on my part.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think that's probably because the Zelda team didn't really think about remaking Wind Waker until around early 2013 if I recall correctly, so it was probably too late to include a new Wind Waker stage and they probably already decided to bring back Bridge of Elding and Temple by then so bringing back Pirate Ship alongside it may have been seen as a bit overkill to them or something..... Then again, we have like four returning stages from the Mario series but then again, it's the Mario series.....

Of course that's just speculation on my part.
Still, the dev team had time to add a stage from WWHD considering we have Woolly World, but they didn't.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Still, the dev team had time to add a stage from WWHD considering we have Woolly World, but they didn't.
But Woolly World was in development for a number of years. That one i can see. I'm baffled we didn't get a WWHD stage, not because it was released, but more so because of Toon Link. I guess one could argue his stage is the Spirit Train on 3DS, but i wish he had a home stage on the Wii U version. Temple, Bridge of Eldin, and Skyloft just don't suit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom