• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
The poster of the pictures is claiming to be playing the game now. Please take it with a grain of salt without any actual video/pictures yet.

He has claimed that he is able to use his coins from the demo in the actual game. He has purchased a Paper Mario trophy and a Wolf trophy with the coins.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't really care who the remaining characters are as long as they surprise me. That's all that really matters in my mind.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The poster of the pictures is claiming to be playing the game now. Please take it with a grain of salt without any actual video/pictures yet.

He has claimed that he is able to use his coins from the demo in the actual game. He has purchased a Paper Mario trophy and a Wolf trophy with the coins.
That's probably it for Wolf then.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh my freaking god... Stop assuming things! Really? What if there was a Luigi trophy shown in SSB5? Does that mean he's not in the game?!

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I do think Wolf is cut, but it could be the same situation in Brawl where there's multiple trophies of the same character. Fox and Falco had their assault and command versions in that you could unlock without using the characters IIRC

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
This trophy doesn't necessarily mean Wolf is cut as a character. We don't know that you can't buy trophies of playable characters.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
This trophy doesn't necessarily mean Wolf is cut as a character. We don't know that you can't buy trophies of playable characters.
Um, yes we do know. You can't. What'd be the point of classic mode if you could?

Last edited:

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Um, yes we do know. You can't. What'd be the point of classic mode if you could?
He could have different trophies that aren't classic. This IS a different outfit than his Brawl garb. I'm not saying he's definitely in, but it's definitely presumptuous to assume based on this that he's 100% disconfirmed.

EDIT: Keep in mind, there were multiple trophies for Star Fox characters showing off models from different games in Brawl.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My hatred for Sakurai knows no bounds at the moment. Wolfs gone, sakurai wont bring him back as dlc he doesnt give a ****. He will probably add medusa to give Kid icarus another rep. Actually I bet there wont be any dlc at all.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I agree with LordJackal. With no way of determining what exactly that Wolf trophy is or how it was obtained, I see no reason to assume that he's been cut.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
He could have different trophies that aren't classic. This IS a different outfit than his Brawl garb. I'm not saying he's definitely in, but it's definitely presumptuous to assume based on this that he's 100% disconfirmed.

EDIT: Keep in mind, there were multiple trophies for Star Fox characters showing off models from different games in Brawl.
But there were parenthesis in the names of the trophies to differentiate them. We see no parenthesis in the name of Wolf's trophy, while we can see parenthesis in the name of the Paper Mario trophy, obviously used to distinguish it from other Mario trophies. Obviously, there are no other Wolf trophies than the one we see.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Ness confirmed. That's not too surprising. He would be somebody you unlock really early as well.

And WOW the splash screen is pretty.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
But there were parenthesis in the names of the trophies to differentiate them. We see no parenthesis in the name of Wolf's trophy, while we can see parenthesis in the name of the Paper Mario trophy, obviously used to distinguish it from other Mario trophies. Obviously, there are no other Wolf trophies than the one we see.
That's stretching really far for 100% disconfirmation though. We have no confirmation that this game is going to work exactly like those preceding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom