• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think there's solid reason to believe we could have one extra. 5 is a number I can't confidently get behind, as much as I'd want that many more.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Has anyone noticed that 64, Melee and Brawl have all had rectangular CSSs?

64 - 2x6
Melee- 3x9 (The 2 blank areas are actually random slots)
Brawl - 4x9
3DS - 6x9 (?)

Not saying this means anything, but I find it hard to believe that there isn't one character we are missing. Five might be pushing it, but I believe that at least one more is pretty reasonable.

There might not be, but considering the locked All-Star mode and the CSS at the time, there's a good chance.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Easily could see one character left.

Other 4 spots could just be DLC characters.

If they do it in packs they can also introduce new costumes, stages and items

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman

64 - 2x6
Brawl - 4x9
3DS - 6x9 (?)

Not saying this means anything, but I find it hard to believe that there isn't one character we are missing. Five might be pushing it, but I believe that at least one more is pretty reasonable.

There might not be, but considering the locked All-Star mode and the CSS at the time, there's a good chance.
wow... all my time playing Melee, I never knew that. Great observation! :)

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman

64 - 2x6
Brawl - 4x9
3DS - 6x9 (?)

So could that mean if we get only one other character, then we could have four random slots?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't think that pic is legit simply because the other characters are darkened where as Mega Man is highlighted just like in the demo.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
It's already Wednesday... why hasn't anyone gotten an early copy yet? :(
Because Sakurai bought all the copies so no one but him can play it! :o

It's all coming together now...

Also...

Its time. This was on the mewtwo thread

But why would they censor a demo screen did they make 1
Rhythm Heaven Confirmed!!

I know because the music sheets are there and music is like rhythm (just plain logic there...)

Didn't even need my uncle dad as a source that time...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Why do a lot of people think we aren't getting anymore characters? We saw the lock on All-Star Mode and as far as we know all the relevant images and videos likely come from the ESRB leak. The evidence points to there being at least one more character we haven't seen yet while the idea of this being the full roster is mostly theory. I get being skeptical, but people do have a basis in believing the leaked roster isn't the full roster.

What people should be skeptical about is believing that there are five characters left. Assuming we have five unlockable characters left is being very optimistic regardless of the number of blank slots on the screen slots.
Because all the trophies were available.... it seems likely that the user could have used a debug menu to not have to manually unlock characters. If this was the case, then the lock would likely be on All Star mode as many of the characters were not technically unlocked.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Semi-random: I don't even mind it if Wolf is gone. Idk why, I've just never really liked his feel. He didn't feel smooth, or something, idk. I didn't feel like a bamf, which is what you'd expect based on his reputation and look. His neutral special was also bland and like.....uncool, compared to Fox's and Falco's lasers. So clunky and bleh looking.

Lucas though, is my second favorite clone after Ganondorf.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Random off-topic: Famitsu, y u no show all of Little Mac's palettes?!:urg: I was ready to see all potential 16 palettes. .:4littlemac:
Yes, and his initials are "M.S.". :p
MaSonomace. Yes you caught me. Initially I was supposed to be born with the Mason Storm so I would of met with your initial quota, but Masahiro Sakurai beat me to it.:urg:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I suppose it'll be a while before the leaks start coming in...

Or not. Sometimes, these guys work FAST.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Semi-random: I don't even mind it if Wolf is gone. Idk why, I've just never really liked his feel. He didn't feel smooth, or something, idk. I didn't feel like a bamf, which is what you'd expect based on his reputation and look. His neutral special was also bland and like.....uncool, compared to Fox's and Falco's lasers. So clunky and bleh looking.

I liked his feel since he was different than Fox and Falco who were more like fair fighters and were refined whereas Wolf felt wild and savage. As for clunkiness, well, personally, Brawl did feel clunky which made clunky characters feel even more clunky. For one, I like Link, but he felt really weird in Brawl.

Wolf, Falco, and plenty of characters who were semi-clones really need overhauls - tell me Falco with dual blasters wouldn't be cool. Me, I think Wolf should have gotten a grenade, shotgun, or something outlaw-feeling or dirty-like throwing caltrops.

Micro Soft?
Well, that explains why Microsoft has been doing stupid stuff. They're playing instead of working. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Mister Schlooenhowxer.

Masahiro Sakurai
I KNEW IT!! That no good lousy fiend Mister Schlooenhowxer! first he takes my date from me and now Smash! That's the semi-last straw! I shall now plan my revenge...

*pops out of bush*
That meant I am outta here for today. Be good while I'm gone!

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I mind.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Because all the trophies were available.... it seems likely that the user could have used a debug menu to not have to manually unlock characters. If this was the case, then the lock would likely be on All Star mode as many of the characters were not technically unlocked.
I never heard of all the trophies being unlocked. When did any leaker say this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom