• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
As if some people didn't need more of a reason to hate Dark Pit. Not only is he in the game, now he's going to kick everyone's ass at the end of All-Star mode. :troll:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Eh, I liked Mario in Melee; he was definitely my main in it.
I main Doc now, but for a while there I was maining Mario.

Mario's problem in Melee was that he was just good. However, the higher tier characters were really good. . . If you catch my drift.
My biggest concern is Ganondorf. It's bad enough that he's still a clone, but it will be an absolute travesty if he's a travesty again.
It'll be a huge shame if that's the case. Bowser received a nice buff so Ganondorf should as well. If he can change Pit's moves, he can change Ganondorf's moves.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
In almost every match where :4zss: is involved, she ends up 1st or 2nd, but mostly 1st place.
Funny you mention that, when my two brothers, GF, and I played the demo at Best Buy, my brother won with Zero Suit. I have to agree with your statement lol.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't know where people are pulling "Banjo was supposed to be in Melee" out of their arses from, but it is true that Sakurai had made a bunch of Rare inspired trophies before he knew the buyout happened. That still depresses me to this day.

Though Banjo almost assuredly would have been in Brawl. Hell, we'd probably have Mumbo, Grunty, and Conker by now.

Now I'm just making myself depressed again. I'd really like to see those unfinished trophies, if Sakurai still has them...

...Would it not be possible to do a kickstarter or something to buy Rare's IP's back? Or does it not work like that? I know I'd throw all the money I've got and my soul to get them out of M$' clutches. Just to give them back to Nintendo so Banjo can get in Smash...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A kickstarter to buy back something from Micro$oft, aka Capitali$m Incorperated?

I hope you know some, I dunno like bankowners or owners of drug cartels, otherwise I don't see how this would be succesful...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ganon is my most wanted Zelda rep. He is a heavy weight villain with a unique melee weapon (trident) and the potential for a really interesting magic based moveset. I want him even more now that we know that Falcondorf is back.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I got 5 kills with megaman, 7 with greninja, and 6 with zero suit when I played at pax, I won almost every match, besides for when I used samus, zelda, and sonic. Zero suit easily has the best combo potential, second is mario, and third is greninja.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa and Dixie are always needed. Arguement is invallid.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I'm probably in the minority here as I absolutely love the newcomer list so far (Shulk, Villager, Lucina, Palutena, Little Mac, and Megaman were all in my top 10) but I still think it's really odd that Zelda and especially Donkey Kong haven't gotten a newcomer yet. Impa and Dixie would REALLY help to round out the newcomer roster. So would Ridley but I've lost a bit of faith in him (he and Megaman were my two most wanted when the game was announced.)

I think K. Rool and Isaac are more likely as DLC at this point. It would make sense to include a few hype newcomers for post release content.
I like the roster so far, but i didn't really have a big top list, the only character that i really wanted was Ghirahim and he's an AT so.... yeah, no luck for me :drsad:

Impa and Dixie for the much-needed female representation. Both are extremely unlike the 'traditional' female roles as well. And then we could also have King K.Rool and Ganon / Ghirahim / Vaati as the villain representation. I do not see why they wouldn't expand the roster and my dong with these additions if they would bring so much in Smash.
Well i wouldn't say that Impa is not a "traditional" female, cause... is kind of normal in many fiction based stories to have female characters as mage/ranger/ninjas but i get it, also i really doubt King K. Rool will make it (maybe as a DLC, the same with Vaati and Ganon) and Ghirahim (sadly) is out of the list, cause he's already a AT and i don't think Nintendo will suddenly upgrade an AT to a playable character with a DLC (he have more chance on getting as a playable character in the next Smash, maybe he could be like Little Mac -promoted to playable character from AT- but i doubt it :drshrug:)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I remember reading somewhere that Banjo And Kazooie as well as Joanna Dark were considered as possible Rare reps before the buy out.

Seeing as Monolithsoft has a rep, I wonder if Retro would have gotten one if they had actually developed a new IP between Brawl and the start of Smash 4's development.

To think we could have gotten a generic WESTERN developed swordsman if things had gone slightly differently!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hope you know some, I dunno like bankowners or owners of drug cartels, otherwise I don't see how this would be succesful...
If I knew those sorts of people, we could just send them to blow u

*cough* Forget charity, rich people should use their money to buy back Banjo.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If I knew those sorts of people, we could just send them to blow u

*cough* Forget charity, rich people should use their money to buy back Banjo.
With the way Microsoft treats Rare I'm sure you could legitimately write that off as a charitable donation.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We can fit at least 6 more Marios and 7 more Peaches onto this roster.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
With the way Microsoft treats Rare I'm sure you could legitimately write that off as a charitable donation.
Please, if you could take a moment of your time to donate to save these poor underprivileged English developers...

I could see some old lady in a commercial saying that. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We can fit at least 6 more Marios and 7 more Peaches onto this roster.
Paper Mario
Baby Mario
Fire Mario
Tanooki Mario
Metal Mario
Cat Suit Mario

Baby Peach
Pink Gold Peach
Daisy who denies she's a Peach-clone
Peach being held hostage in a cage
Paper Peach
Peach in her SPOOOOORRRRRTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS outfit
Baby Gold Pink Metal Ice Flower Star Power Peach

Maxilian

Smash Ace
The Director of Mario Kart 8 would do it.
I don't doubt it

also... shouldn't you modify your roster with what can possible happen (i know is a wish roster but there's no point on wishing on characters that are already deconfirmed, you could have any other character even if they are unlikely, is way better than a deconfirmed one)

xyt4n

Smash Cadet
I don't doubt it

also... shouldn't you modify your roster with what can possible happen (i know is a wish roster but there's no point on wishing on characters that are already deconfirmed, you could have any other character even if they are unlikely, is way better than a deconfirmed one)
It is a Wish Roster for SSB X, so the X stands for 5 or 6, dependent how much dlc Sm4sh gets.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, that pic of the day is interesting. I think it's pretty obvious that Sakurai is aware of the leak, and this is his way of saying there's more.
Yea

I think hes going to reveal someone not on the leak before th release and mention you have to unlcok this character.

xyt4n

Smash Cadet
The leaker showed a picture from uncomplete All-Star Mode, but maybe it was shoot, before some one was unlocked. The leaker trolled us once before. I think also that there are more characters, but this should be considered.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The leaker showed a picture from uncomplete All-Star Mode, but maybe it was shoot, before some one was unlocked. The leaker trolled us once before. I think also that there are more characters, but this should be considered.
The all-star leak was after the roster leak

And a dark pit select as taken after that one (the dark pit picture is younger than the all star leak.)

So looking at the leak... The awser is 5 more characters.

xyt4n

Smash Cadet
The all-star leak was after the roster leak

And a dark pit select as taken after that one (the dark pit picture is younger than the all star leak.)

So looking at the leak... The awser is 5 more characters.
Was not this all from a video and the same leak? Now I'm a little bit confuse.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Just had a thought:
The New 3DS is more powerful system, as a port of Xenoblade Chronicles will be available for it, and that version alone.

What if certain DLC characters were available only on the more powerful 3DS? Like say ones that were limited by a weaker system. Like the Ice Climbers?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Never happening thanks to the return of the Doc.
This statement requires a solid proof which wasn't included in your post.

Please, complete the requirements via my PM box open 24/7.

I think I made my point: rep isn't that decisive + roster not final + could be own series + doesn't change the presense of a stage with a good teasing possibility = you need a really good proof to tell [deconfirmed] or [almost deconfirmed].

Also, doc is likely a clone which means less dev time which means less time NOT on original characters.

I still try to understands those assumptions.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I don't like the idea of Dark Pit (much less Doc ugh) as a KI fan
but I do hope that he is going to be less clony as possible
Since he has been shown to be holding his Dark Pit Staff in his render of course
Then again he is huddling in the clone corner while semi clones like Falco and T. Link are chilling with their m8s :dr^_^:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just had a thought:
The New 3DS is more powerful system, as a port of Xenoblade Chronicles will be available for it, and that version alone.

What if certain DLC characters were available only on the more powerful 3DS? Like say ones that were limited by a weaker system. Like the Ice Climbers?
That would just be super wrong. The New 3DS is currently a Japan-only console, so it would just be mean if only the Japanese are able to utilize such bonus content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom