• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Unlike everyone else, I decide my main after I get my hands on the characters, as I would think everyone should.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Unlike everyone else, I decide my main after I get my hands on the characters, as I would think everyone should.
I admit I'm thinking ahead of what my main should be, being Lucario. But with the provided information & video footage of Lucario already, I need no more convincing to be heart-set on maining :4lucario:. Buffed overall, his mechanic is awesome, & the bad points about him that were disliked about :lucario: appear to be fixed with improvements like damage to his UpB ExtremeSpeed.

For the rest who didn't get as much content to look forward to their certain character they want to main, bummer. Yet for my situation, it's perfect & clear.

Burruni

Smash Hero
75M was in Melee. . . ?!?!?!?!?
But no worries. There's highlighted outlines of color with the addition to change to a default color you like looking at so you won't get hassled or lost!:shades:

It's team battle specific, but Random Team Battles are a thing I guess.
No, I was citing that I was glad that Melee allowed me to change my colors for a character I random'd because Brawl NOT having that feature lead to certain problems such as 75M with default Mr.G&W.

There was more mystery, but more chance to get screwed.

Nonetheless, I think this will still by far be the best game in the series.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
No, I was citing that I was glad that Melee allowed me to change my colors for a character I random'd because Brawl NOT having that feature lead to certain problems such as 75M with default Mr.G&W.

There was more mystery, but more chance to get screwed.

Nonetheless, I think this will still by far be the best game in the series.
Yeah my previous post replying to yours read out loud to myself now sounded very derp & slurp. I'd disregard my last post replying to you, so apologies for that. I wished they would of brought back that random occurance usage we had in Melee pressing :GCB::GCA: off the CSS icons. Nonetheless, this game will be fan****ing tastic, or as my egg puns would like to say, eggcelent!:4yoshi:

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well when you buy a game specifically for a character (I bought UMvC3 for the lowest guy on the tier list, Phoenix Wright) you probably use them a bunch and get good with them.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Well when you buy a game specifically for a character (I bought UMvC3 for the lowest guy on the tier list, Phoenix Wright) you probably use them a bunch and get good with them.
And that's what i'll be doing with Palutena, Rosalina, Robin, Shulk, and Lucina. If Bowser Jr impresses me, him also.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I've already had time with the game at e3 and comicon, and greninja fits how I play perfectly, so I may not have the game yet, but I know who I will main, and obviously everyone else chooses their main before the game is out is not unique, am I correct?

Cruncher93

Smash Cadet
Nice, I bought the game only for Amaterasu.
If he is any fun to play I'll main Bowser Jr. as he is one of my most wanted characters (others were Skull Kid, Dark Samus...).

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Since Sonic is one of my mains (and I'm going to give my mains a shot before any of the newcomers in order to get used to the controls), my first battle is going to be Sonic vs. Mario on Battlefield. And my second will have all the primary mascots fighting it out for supremacy in Final Destination. Then, I will try out Shulk vs. Zero Suit Samus in two battles; fully clothed, and in their underwear (the latter preferably in a happy stage).

I will also try to unlock characters using the following versus matchups:

:4mario: vs. Wario
:4bowser: vs. Bowser Jr.
:rosalina: vs. Ice Climbers
:4diddy: vs. Dixie Kong
:4link: vs. Ganondorf
:4sheik: vs. Impa
:4samus: vs. Ridley
:4zss: vs. Falco
:4pit: vs. Dark Pit
:4marth: vs. :4lucina:
:4littlemac: vs. Duck Hunt
:4fox: vs. Wolf
:4pikachu: vs. Jigglypuff
:4lucario: vs. Mewtwo
:4falcon: vs. Mach Rider
:4olimar: vs. Chorus Men
:4shulk: vs. Ness (suppose to be Shulk)
:4pacman: vs. Mr. Game & Watch
:4megaman: vs. R.O.B.
:4sonic: vs. Dr. Mario

Starters getting the shaft: :4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4zelda::4tlink::4palutena::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4charizard::4greninja::4villager::4wiifit:

But don't worry. I'll make it up to the above 16 characters. They could all take part in a tournament of the neglected. The characters I will play in this motley group will be: Toon Link, Palutena, Robin, Meta Knight, Charizard, Greninja, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer (I feel obligated to try out all the newcomers at least once). So from that group, I think I'll pair up the matches like so:

:4tlink: vs. :4zelda:
:4palutena: vs. :4dedede:
:4robinm: vs. :4myfriends:
:4metaknight: vs. :4kirby:
:4charizard: vs. :4dk:
:4greninja: vs. :4yoshi:
:4villager: vs. :4luigi:
:4wiifit: vs. :4peach:

And that's about it for how I'm going to start off my game.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I decide my mains before the game is out because in order for me to play a character, I have to like that character. Even if their playstyle doesn't really fit me, I just adapt until I can use them effectively. I know it sounds weird, but it's not really enjoyable for me unless I'm playing as a character I like.

Anyway, it'll be::warioc::4megaman:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, in my case, I would say deciding my mains are fine, since one is a returning character, Lucario, and the other is a clone of a character I main in both Melee and Brawl.

Also, Suddenly, a roster!!

Leaked Roster.png

Decided to use no Smash 4 icons to recapture that old speculation feel.
Even though we are at the end of it.

The red icons are DLC.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
My mains, as of now.

7 mains... Kinda a lot.
Yeah I'd say so. To me I never cared for the fact people use the term "main" for like 10 characters. For me I see it as:

Main: your go to character

Secondary: your next best

and then

Everything after: those characters who you are versed with but aren't at the level as your main and secondary.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Are we sure everyone is using the word "main" correctly? Some of you guys seem to have the entire roster as your main.

Anyways, I'll probably stick to Jigglypuff assuming she's as good as she is in melee. Might also try Game & Watch and Wario since they were my favorites in Brawl. I also want to try the rest of the vets since a lot of them have some major changes.

I need to try all the newcomers before I try to main one. Shulk will be the first I try and next will be Ridley if he actually gets in. Pac-man also looks really good from what little gameplay I've seen of him.

This is what everyone should do. When I first started playing Smash, I only played as Mario because he was versatile and was the biggest name in the game. I never thought I would end up maining Puff, Wario and G&W.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well, in my case, I would say deciding my mains are fine, since one is a returning character, Lucario, and the other is a clone of a character I main in both Melee and Brawl.

Also, Suddenly, a roster!!

View attachment 23763

Decided to use no Smash 4 icons to recapture that old speculation feel.
Even though we are at the end of it.

The red icons are DLC.
Wow does it feel odd looking at the old Palutena icon.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
:wario: Will be my main, though i'm considering maining :wario: as well, ad even though i love :4robinm:, i must admit that my only main could ever be :warioc:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom