• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Type out one of your Krystal puns so that I may rate it personally.:shades:
The fake leakers we've seen are quite dedicated for a bunch of bored trolls. /end

*Crickets*

Edit: I knew you would go easy on me. That line was 1/10 at best. Before I go, I'm left with only one more thing to do... And that's to say thank you.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The fake leakers we've seen are quite dedicated for a bunch of bored trolls. /end

*Crickets*
I find that decent actually.:shades: 5 / 10 HYESZ!

Also bringing this back up:
Pretty sure even if Impa made it in she'd be an assist trophy like both of these characters. There's /probably/ good reasoning for that as well.

Hope for some of these characters is like me hoping original Spyro the Dragon will make it in. It just won't happen man.
Spyro would easily fit in the Smash Brothers quota for fighting requirements. Sadly it won't happen.
Now Digimon on the other hand, even more childhood hype to wishfully think about for any kind of chance had it not been for Banmco being a co-developer for SSB 4 & 5.
Edit: I know it's like 4 / 6 / 7 am in NA but I'm just spewing some random posts irrelevant to the matters at hand until better topics get brought up.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I will concede to Wario. That part I didn't know about. I knew about his trophy being shown saying his Waft was back in, but hadn't seen it yet.

As you said you were busy, does anyone have an actual image of the digital purchase card because this is the first I'm hearing about this.

That was my ignorance, but I believe a FAIR number of these stand on things that can raise suspicion. The leak's more-than-likely real. I believe we should have SOME caution before saying that all aspects of the roster is true. ESPECIALLY anyone claiming to know any other the mysterious 5 lacking slots and anyone who'd be on DLC.

Just.. such a medicore CSS from Miss Sakurai... I am going to hold against it being reality as long as I can. Disregard me if you wish, as many don't see a reason to even humor my stance.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
All am hoping for now is Mewtwo / Dixie / Impa.

If they don't happen, this roster deserves to be pooped on.
I'm actually only waiting for Mewtwo, if they give me Mewtwo and the leaked roster i will be happy, also... Diddy calm down, if i could survive the desconfirmation of Ghirahim, you can survive anything that could happen to Impa (and you still have a chance) also... just because you don't like the roster means is ****

Note: Guys it looks like there's a Nintendo direct tomorrow for 3DS game (Japan only)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140829/index.html

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Maxilian Maxilian I feel that you handled Ghirahim's deconfirmation so well was due to your fabulous avatar image of him & only for that reason.
:dr^_^: So yeah wanna bring up that Nintendo is having a direct tomorrow. It doesn't seem to be a worldwide direct as it appears to be a Japan-exclusive direct only.

EDIT: Also it's 3DS exclusive it seems. Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140829/index.html

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
@ Maxilian Maxilian I feel that you handled Ghirahim's deconfirmation so well was due to your fabulous avatar image of him & only for that reason.
:dr^_^: So yeah wanna bring up that Nintendo is having a direct tomorrow. It doesn't seem to be a worldwide direct as it appears to be a Japan-exclusive direct only.

EDIT: Also it's 3DS exclusive it seems. Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140829/index.html
Well having in mind that we are getting Smash Bros first in Japan, it makes sense :drshrug:, also... i was pretty sad when Ghirahim was deconfirmed but in the end, there's no point on crying about it or rage about it... cause that won't change anything and yeah... my avatar is FABULOUS! :dr^_^:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Well having in mind that we are getting Smash Bros first in Japan, it makes sense :drshrug:, also... i was pretty sad when Ghirahim was deconfirmed but in the end, there's no point on crying about it or rage about it... cause that won't change anything and yeah... my avatar is FABULOUS! :dr^_^:
If only Ghirahim was confirmed playable, then Captain Fabulous would of gladly of done 2v2 doubles with him.:4falcon: Sparkles with Fabulous pink Knees etc. etc..

Also noting that Zoroark has finally been deemed officially a pokeball summon, however unknown if he'll be Pokeball or Masterball. Abomosnow has finally gotten an image of at least its apperance so that's confirmed for me as well. Thank goodness for that, now to wait on what else is getting pokeball / masterball treatment excluding Mewtwo Masterball as a slim but see-able outcome.

Edit: My bashing lashes of replies are heavily protected by 6 year old kids worldwide capturing Mewtwo in Masterballs.:troll:

Last edited:

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
If only work didn't get in the way of my mostly quiet spectating of Smashboards... I shall see everyone later today, fingers crossed for new info on returning veterans! COUGH COUGH :ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness: COUGH COUGH

Maxilian

Smash Ace
If only Ghirahim was confirmed playable, then Captain Fabulous would of gladly of done 2v2 doubles with him.:4falcon: Sparkles with Fabulous pink Knees etc. etc..
Well we still could get Captain Rainbow as a skin for :4falcon: and that would make him even more fabolous :dr^_^: (I would totally main him)

Also noting that Zoroark has finally been deemed officially a pokeball summon, however unknown if he'll be Pokeball or Masterball.
Well we knew he was a pokeball summon since the Greninja trailer :drshrug:

Abomosnow has finally gotten an image of at least its apperance so that's confirmed for me as well. Thank goodness for that, now to wait on what else is getting pokeball / masterball treatment excluding Mewtwo Masterball as a slim but see-able outcome.
GOD! I FEEL OLD! i used to know all the pokemons but now.... well i didn't even know who Abomosnow was!!!, also... am i the only who think that Abomosnow looks more like a Digimon than a Pokemon? :drohmy:

Edit: My bashing lashes of replies are heavily protected by 6 year old kids worldwide capturing Mewtwo in Masterballs.:troll:
Pfff what a bunch of noobs, the only way to trap a legendary pokemon... is with a PREMIER BALL!!! :drflip::troll:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Well we still could get Captain Rainbow as a skin for :4falcon: and that would make him even more fabolous :dr^_^: (I would totally main him)
Well we knew he was a pokeball summon since the Greninja trailer :drshrug:
GOD! I FEEL OLD! i used to know all the pokemons but now.... well i didn't even know who Abomosnow was!!!, also... am i the only who think that Abomosnow looks more like a Digimon than a Pokemon? :drohmy:
Pfff what a bunch of noobs, the only way to trap a legendary pokemon... is with a PREMIER BALL!!! :drflip::troll:
Captain Rainbow would be quite a costume swap to have / get, I'm down for that!
Technically Zoroark was in the Greninja Trailer but he was not officially confirmed by any reliable sources that he was a pokeball summon or not. The latest sources now prove finally he is.:dr^_^:
Idk much about Abomosnow let alone that much of any pokemon past Gen III. I will bet others think the same, however being a loving fan of Digimon more than Pokemon, I'll say he doesn't resemble that much as a digimon.:p

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Captain Rainbow would be quite a costume swap to have / get, I'm down for that!
Noone can be against that!!!! that's way too cool to not like it :p

Technically Zoroark was in the Greninja Trailer but he was not officially confirmed by any reliable sources that he was a pokeball summon or not. The latest sources now prove finally he is.:dr^_^:
Yeah you're right my bad :dr-_-:

Idk much about Abomosnow let alone that much of any pokemon past Gen III. I will bet others think the same, however being a loving fan of Digimon more than Pokemon, I'll say he doesn't resemble that much as a digimon.:p
Are you sure about that? :drohmy:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I doubt we will get a newcomer trailer in a Japan only, 3DS only, Nintendo Direct. We might get some general launch info, though.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Maxilian Maxilian
Hell yeah! I wonder if one of Captain Falcon's taunts would have a origin reference to Captain Rainbow like through a certain pose or yo-yo's randomly appearing. . .nah fat chance. Btw you're good, it's no big. And. . .I'm gonna shoot you down with my opinion on your Abomasnow / Mojyamon similarity. The contrast between them is high up there as they share only a few traits: living in snowy climates & being fairly white / gray. Sorry there Maxi~:drifloon:

EDIT: If Japan's getting the game first, I can see a 3DS exclusive reveal of characters, I'll keep my decency level at the middle.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
@ Maxilian Maxilian
Hell yeah! I wonder if one of Captain Falcon's taunts would have a origin reference to Captain Rainbow like through a certain pose or yo-yo's randomly appearing. . .nah fat chance. Btw you're good, it's no big. And. . .I'm gonna shoot you down with my opinion on your Abomasnow / Mojyamon similarity. The contrast between them is high up there as they share only a few traits: living in snowy climates & being fairly white / gray. Sorry there Maxi~:drifloon:
Well actually the similarity with Abomasnow and Mojyamon is not only living in snowy climates & being fairly white / gray, both are obviously based on the Yeti myth :drifloon: (Both known as the Abominable Snowman -yeah in their respective universe they are known as yetis or called the abominable snowman)

Note: Abomasnow have like 3 different ways people call it (Snow monster, Abominable Snowman and Ice Monster, and all those 3 names are used for the Yeti)

also... if you want they to look more alike look at Mega Abomasnow

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Masonomace Masonomace :Abomasnow / Mojymon look alike. Plain & simple.
Debating over this, feels kind of petty. .owell. Your reply is arbitrary, so I'd unfortunately need more than just a simple post like that to be convincing. Their origins and biology are similar, but they look different. One's a tree, while the other is an animal. The details of their fur are completely different. Similar color & both being bipedal only helps you say they look alike.
Well actually the similarity with Abomasnow and Mojyamon is not only living in snowy climates & being fairly white / gray, both are obviously based on the Yeti myth :drifloon: (Both known as the Abominable Snowman -yeah in their respective universe they are known as yetis or called the abominable snowman)

Note: Abomasnow have like 3 different ways people call it (Snow monster, Abominable Snowman and Ice Monster, and all those 3 names are used for the Yeti)

also... if you want they to look more alike look at Mega Abomasnow
True, I forgot to mention their origins both pertain to the Yeti. MegaAbomasnow does look more similar alike to Mojyamon than Abomasnow did, but they're still different to tell that imo, they don't look alike. One's still a tree while the other is an animal.

Anywho, who do we think might get revealed possibly for that direct tomorrow?

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
True, I forgot to mention their origins both pertain to the Yeti. MegaAbomasnow does look more similar alike to Mojyamon than Abomasnow did, but they're still different to tell that imo, they don't look alike. One's still a tree while the other is an animal.
Yeah i know, BTW i said that Abomasnow looked like a Digimon not because he looked like Mojyamon, is just because of his looks, i don't know how to explain it, but whenever i see him i think he's a digimon :p

I'm not expecting much but we may see some veterans

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Debating over this, feels kind of petty. .owell. Your reply is arbitrary, so I'd unfortunately need more than just a simple post like that to be convincing. Their origins and biology are similar, but they look different. One's a tree, while the other is an animal. The details of their fur are completely different. Similar color & both being bipedal only helps you say they look alike.

I think it depends if it stays only a Japanese direct then nobody if it goes worldwide we might get someone

Burruni

Smash Hero
Okay. It's time for everyone's favorite part of recent Smashboards speculation discussion. It's time forrrr Burruni's Cynical Roster Leak Bash-Analyzation!

Today's Subject: Clone Characters! Feel free to just scroll past here if you don't want to hear more of this.

When you look at things, Smash games have appeared to have a theme or two when it comes to the roster additions, and a game mode or two in particular focus.

64: Focused on the fact of some of the biggest faces, the All-Stars. Some of them in ways you never thought you'd see them (:fox64: &:falcon64: in particular). The game-mode of choice was "Classic" as it is what almost every unlock condition was tied to. There's only one character of the 12 added who remotely fits the Clone title, which was :luigi64:. :luigi64:'s specials were all variants of :mario64:'s ranging from minor (the Strugglenado) to MAJOR (Super Jump Punch). Most of his A moves were fairly different and throws were almost identical, from my memory. :luigi64: as a character is basically a "Clone" character in his own series, but was basically the secondary protagonist. Incredibly key and iconic.

Melee: Focused on expanding out some of the bigger franchises with their key characters (:bowsermelee::peachmelee:, :zeldamelee::sheikmelee:, :mewtwomelee:, and notably going into some of the more obscure history (:gawmelee:, :icsmelee:, arguably :marthmelee:). With how little was done here, with how intensive the core engine was worked on alongside Adventure/AllStar/Challenge modes, the roster was THEN padded with Six clones because of how rushed Sakurai felt to the deadline, making up 6 of the 13/14 (depending on your stance of Zelda/Sheik).

:falcomelee: & :ganondorfmelee:: The only two kept in. Falco being the secondary protagonist of Star Fox, more popular and "major" than Peppy or Slippy... or at least more competently presented. Became incredibly popular in the community. Ganondorf is the third part to the relic that most of Zelda games rely on, and was basically the only big antagonist of the series by this point (Skull Kid/Majora taking the helm for one game while Ganondorf or Ganon was the big overarching evil in just about every other game) and was Sakurai's main.

:younglinkmelee:: Kinda debatable if he was truly cut or just "Toon'd" (puns) into :toonlink:. Their similarities make it hard to say if he was really cut and "replaced", or just altered. Namely had the love of OoT and MM behind him. While sharing a moveset and base animations, his difference in height/weight/etc were very significant and made him play pretty differently with the same moveset (with both Yink and Tink), just like :ganondorfmelee: to :falconmelee:.

:roymelee:: Didn't exist before this game, as Melee came out before FE:6 was finished. He really wasn't kept important to his series unlike how :ike: became... didn't have enough to truly be kept IN THE END (I know, I know, Forbidden 7 and whatnot).

:pichumelee:: The objectively worst character in the game. A simple prevolution of :pikachumelee: whom was designed to be inferior in basically every way. Honestly... had no purpose to stay.

:drmario:: :mariomelee:'s animations copied essentially frame-for-frame slapped onto a palette swap from a spin-off title. The two had VERY small differences that could have easily just been part of Mario's base moveset. His cape swung out longer with a bit longer endlag. His F-Air didn't spike but had good knockback like :ganondorfmelee:'s. His Strugglenado couldn't get as much height. His ground speed was a little less. His air speed was a little more.

Brawl: Cut a total of 4/5 characters, based on your Yink-Tink stance. The "Insignificant" clones and the most feeble unique newcomer, :mewtwomelee:. The roster particularly stood proud on the mass number of characters (18 total newcomers) with only 3 being remote clones and filling out some of the neglected O12 franchises (:dk2:,:kirby2:, :samus2:, :ness2:). And in terms of modes, we have the focus of the first big attempt to Online and the MASSIVE SubSpace Emissary mode.

:toonlink:: See Young Link. Shared moveset, but the difference in character statistics made him play differently.

:lucas:: While his specials were minor alterations to the specials of :ness2:, like :luigi64: to :mario64:. His Throws I believe were similar if not identical, but the grab, most of his aerials, a number of tilts, and 2 of the 3 smashes were unique. Lucas was a VERY requested character after the release of Mother 3 in the late years of the GBA, and in fact was meant to replace :nessmelee:, with Mother 3 starting off as Earthbound 64.

:wolf:: Was meant to be in Melee by Sakurai's choice, but he was replaced by :falcomelee: because there was worry that a Melee design for wolf would look too similar to :foxmelee:. This was remedied in Brawl by his much more feral, aggressive stance. While the Star Fox series dipped in popularity from Gamecube onwards, Wolf fought with Krystal in popularity when it came to fan demand. In the end, Wolf was chosen using the same "style" of the 4 specials but in almost exclusively different ways (his blaster best used at close range, his angled dash). While his Final Smash was YET ANOTHER LANDMASTER, essentially every other move in Wolf's arsenal was unique and was SIGNIFICANTLY heavier with a bit of a cut to speed. In many ways, he was no more a clone to Fox/Falco than :luigi2: was to :mario2:.

And this brings me to what is so... unsatisfactory about the ESRB leak roster. It's upsetting to think :popo::icsmelee: are cut while "Duck Hunt" is a new retro and more popular retros with potential such as Takumaru or Prince Sable were moved to Assist Trophies, yes. But more so... it is the fact that when Sakurai has stated about the roster basically being chosen before production began, and focusing on the following: better balancing for veterans and newcomers alike, the uniqueness of fighters, and Smash Run for the 3DS... that we have some of those on the roster. For officially confirmed newcomers, we have 13 in 11 slots. If you want to include the essentially-confirmed Shulk and Bowser Jr., that takes us to 15 in 13. However, there's ONLY one clone on this addition amount so far.

:4lucina:: An incredibly popular character (particularly in Japan) from a MASSIVELY selling installment of an established series. Originally planed to be an alternate costume (:4marth:), but was lucky, by Sakurai's own words. She's the cloniest-clone since Melee. She shares the same moveset, core animations, and most "stats" to Marth. She has no tipper, but has a weaker, uniform power in the sword. She has a noticeable increase in overall mobility and incredibly little landing lag from aerials, as shown in her trailer (which is all we have to go by for gameplay). You can throw out all the theories of her being made into a newcomer to fill the slot for someone cut, but all we know is that she was a lucky case.

So, we have 1/12 newcomers in 64 being clone-ish additions (:luigi64:). 6/14 (or 13) for Melee namely to pad out a weak roster (:drmario:,:falcomelee:,:ganondorfmelee:,:pichumelee:,:roymelee:,:younglinkmelee:). 2/18 or 3/18 for Brawl, depending on the Yink-Tink stance (:lucas:,:wolf:, :toonlink:[?]).

Now, of the known and essentially-confirmed for Sm4sh, we know of 1/15 (:4lucina:).

In a history of all added and kept clones being a majority combination of a) beloved by fans b) noticeably differing in a portion of moveset and/or overall playstyle and c) key to their home franchises, I just can't suspend my disbelief yet that in the title revolving around the uniqueness of the newcomers that we have seen quite clearly in every newcomer except the ONE clone and DEBATABLY :4mii:, why would we be bringing in Dark Pit (if his moveset isn't LARGELY different than Pit's using different weapon types from uprising, which the position of him in the leak suggests otherwise) and Doctor Mario whose place in Melee was a seat filling pallet swap?!

In conclusion, if he is so crunched for time that he would dare need to triple the clone amount "suddenly", what stops him for pushing the games back a bit to get a better overall roster much like he did with Brawl, since there is reason to doubt that both of them were on a roster chosen much before the game started, considering alternate costumes were clearly in mind for :4wiifit:, :4robinm::4robinf:, and :4villager: which use their own voice packs and model differences? It just does not add up to me and it is by far the biggest reason I will deny this leak for as long as possible.

Edit: In case my point got a bit clouded, I mean that while Dark Pit has the basis to where he could have the level of uniqueness we've seen if you can look a bit abstractly, I just don't see Dr. Mario being a planned character when Alternative Costumes were an idea already in mind. I don't see him getting the same lucky treatment Lucina got. Lucina had a number of factors behind her that Doc just doesn't.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Yeah i know, BTW i said that Abomasnow looked like a Digimon not because he looked like Mojyamon, is just because of his looks, i don't know how to explain it, but whenever i see him i think he's a digimon :p
I'm not expecting much but we may see some veterans
Understandable, Pokemon & Digimon as entire entity's do have sharing characteristics & qualities between them. Abomasnow could pull off a digital appearance that would convince me.;)
Giving it a second thought, I doubt of any characters as well. I'll believe veterans in a few amount would be mentioned or revealed at most.
I think it depends if it stays only a Japanese direct then nobody if it goes worldwide we might get someone
What about Japan-demanded characters, (I'm probably wrong on this) persay Shulk getting revealed due to his JRPG genre there?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Understandable, Pokemon & Digimon as entire entity's do have sharing characteristics & qualities between them. Abomasnow could pull off a digital appearance that would convince me.;)
Giving it a second thought, I doubt of any characters as well. I'll believe veterans in a few amount would be mentioned or revealed at most.

What about Japan-demanded characters, (I'm probably wrong on this) persay Shulk getting revealed due to his JRPG genre there?
I believe Shulk is wanted in Japan but i guess i think more a newcomer makes hype u want to make that hype worldwide not just to one audience.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm hoping to see the other costumes Villager has to choose from. If only you could play as your character in New Leaf.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I'm hoping to see the other costumes Villager has to choose from. If only you could play as your character in New Leaf.
They should add that to the 3DS version (if you have a New Leaf safe in the 3DS you can import your New leaf character to the 3DS version, and when the WII U version comes out, you can link the 3DS and the WII U to import your character looks

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Burruni Burruni Apparently Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones. I forget the exact way he words those certain characters that share some similar game-play elements, but he says otherwise. Idk. . .

Apparently from the leak given, there's 8 costume swaps for every character so, 4 for Male villager & 4 for Female villager.:shades:

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mario Kart 8 increased the overall Stage selection by 50% for only $12. By this logic we will get at least 20-something new characters for Smash DLC.

/s

But seriously, I hope we at least get DLC for all the cut Brawl vets.
Only thing to make it better is add Roy as well. Hell, I'd buy a Roy vs Roy Koopa match: Battles of the Roys :troll:

Darn it you guys take this way too seriously :awesome:, must be the paranoia of receiving more leaks.
It's Diddy, what did you expect with his Impa fetish?

IF IMPA IS A TROPHY THIS ROSTER IS A ****

Seriously dude, chill. If Impa makes it, more power for you and all the Impa supporters. If not, then you'll have to accept that and wait for possible DLC or Smash 5.

I like the roster from what it looks so far. I was excited to see faces like Lucina (clone or not, still my most wanted FE character behind Roy), Megaman, Little Mac, and Palutena all making the roster. My only complaints is adding Robin to playable (okay personal opinion, but I can use him as punching bag, so win-win for everyone), Doc returning (why? Why two of the EXACT same characters when there's other clones who could be easily in (Roy anyone?)), and lack of villains. Nice to bump up the females in this game with many deserve to be in. Only one that will help the female roster is Dixie.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
My overall satisfaction of the leaked roster is a meh+.
There are characters that I'm excited for. I like more newcomers than I hate, but I honestly feel that there are a couple of characters that are missing. Some key characters that I felt should of really debuted(or returned) in this game.

When I look at the leaked CSS. I always say, "Man, _________ is missing!" or, "_________ really deserved to be playable this time."

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
My overall satisfaction of the leaked roster is a meh+.
There are characters that I'm excited for. I like more newcomers than I hate, but I honestly feel that there are a couple of characters that are missing. Some key characters that I felt should of really debuted(or returned) in this game.

When I look at the leaked CSS. I always say, "Man, _________ is missing!" or, "_________ really deserved to be playable this time."
Come on wasn't this what happened in Brawl?
Everyone complained about Krystal not in for Wolf
And WTH IS A ROB
In the end everyone was pretty happy about the roster
/people sad to see Lucas and Wolf (Snake?) going
/people glad that ROB's back

Do you think there's a reason why Sakurai likes to leave out the most requested sometimes? (Save Little Mac Sonic and Mega Man)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Only thing to make it better is add Roy as well. Hell, I'd buy a Roy vs Roy Koopa match: Battles of the Roys :troll:
A Battle ROYale.

So have we decided whether that picture of Impa and Wolf was legit or not? I can't seem to find matching images for either of those renders. And we all know how that ended last time.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Come on wasn't this what happened in Brawl?
Everyone complained about Krystal not in for Wolf
And WTH IS A ROB
In the end everyone was pretty happy about the roster
/people sad to see Lucas and Wolf (Snake?) going
/people glad that ROB's back

Do you think there's a reason why Sakurai likes to leave out the most requested sometimes? (Save Little Mac Sonic and Mega Man)
I was a lot younger and didn't speculate Brawl as I do this installment. I would just visit the DOJO website every morning before school. It's kind of funny because I thought R.O.B. was such an awesome character haha. I also just realized that my top three most wanted characters haven't changed since then.

I remember seeing Pokémon Trainer on the website and I about fell out of my seat because I could play as the Kanto starters, especially Charizard. And now, Pokémon Trainer is cut. :crying:

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I was a lot younger and didn't speculate Brawl as I do this installment. I would just visit the DOJO website every morning before school. It's kind of funny because I thought R.O.B. was such an awesome character haha. I also just realized that my top three most wanted characters haven't changed since then.

I remember seeing Pokémon Trainer on the website and about fell out of my seat because I could play as the Kanto starters, especially Charizard. And now, Pokémon Trainer is cut. :crying:
Squirtle was so fun to play as :(

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I didn't care about the characters pre-Brawl, to the point where I didn't want anyone particularly. Just wanted the game. Only characters that blew me away were Snake and Sonic.

ROB was awesome though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So far, 3 of the "confirmed" cut make sense for late game unlockable.
Snake, a 4rth third party character, probably as a secret veteran
Wolf, who was already a late game unlockable
Ice Climbers, who might of been added in late in developement.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I remember seeing Pokémon Trainer on the website and about fell out of my seat because I could play as the Kanto starters, especially Charizard. And now, Pokémon Trainer is cut. :crying:
Yeah... Pokemon Trainer was like my only hyped character in Brawl that wasn't Sonic.
Now that it's just Charizard, even if he was my best of the 3 starters, I don't care about him whatsoever.

I was mildly amused by Pit. A bit offput by his redesign, since back then it looked a lot like Sora, but I eventually got over it.

The rest of the roster felt like filler to me.

Then::sonic::pt::charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::pit:
Now=:4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::4robinf::substitute:(insert DHD if real here)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah... Pokemon Trainer was like my only hyped character in Brawl that wasn't Sonic.
Now that it's just Charizard, even if he was my best of the 3 starters, I don't care about him whatsoever.

I was mildly amused by Pit. A bit offput by his redesign, since back then it looked a lot like Sora, but I eventually got over it.

The rest of the roster felt like filler to me.

Then::sonic::pt::charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::pit:
Now=:4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::4robinf::substitute:(insert DHD if real here)
You mad? Brawl had the best newcomers by far I felt!

epicgordan

Smash Ace
All-Star who? Which "leak" is this? I'm trying to figure it out.

As for tongiht's Pic of the DAy, I have no idea what you're getting at. If anything the leak seems to indicate that Mii's are added through a completely different menu and aren't on the roster at all. That would certainly look better than turning Customizations "Off" and suddenly three slots vanish from the roster.
AllStar was one of the guys on 4Chan that posted some of the leaked images. He claimed that the last remaining characters left were Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and "a character from an unrepresented franchise" (later turned out to be Chorus Men). The guy was essentially called out as a fraud trying to capitalize on the leaked images, and he never had inside information.

And as an added bonus, Motherfking leaker tried to claim credit for making the leaked Palutena pics even though Vaanrose knew the identity of the person that created the Palutena model (who wishes to remain anonymous at this time), and he knows this guy has little to no talent when it comes to character modding. The guy was also one of the guys who posted the leaked images after Neo Zero sent him copies of the leaked images before they became open knowledge, and let's just say, he's the leaker behind 4Chan 19 (with all the crude boxes crossed out) as well as Leaker 1 of the Leaked pictures who claimed the five DLC, only to retract the latter part, and send people on a wild goose chase to find out the remaining characters were Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Impa, and Mach Rider. In actuality, he essentially betrayed Neo Zero's trust in order to take the credit for himself.

I'm only saying this because Motherfking leaker is the only other source outside of Ninka's claiming the cut characters, and he's only doing this because Ninka's source mentioned the same names, and none of those characters were in the leaked renders. Though it should be noted that, if one were to apply the chronological order of how the characters are organized on the leaked CSS, then Lucas would most certainly be gone as well (Snake fits the bill, but that has to do with the All-Star mode icon having all the third parties shown). However, there is nothing about the leaked renders that suggests that Wolf and Ice Climbers are definitely gone--outside of Ninka's word (which he stated to not take too seriously as his source simply didn't see them on his test build of the game) and the latter always having been a starter beforehand.

Actually, if Dixie, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, and Chorus Men are all truly in, then the 3DS CSS simply wouldn't make much sense without the inclusion of Wolf or Ice Climbers (unless some of you are convinced that Ivysaur and Squirtle will both be returning instead, which very well might happen).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
AllStar was one of the guys on 4Chan that posted some of the leaked images. He claimed that the last remaining characters left were Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and "a character from an unrepresented franchise" (later turned out to be Chorus Men). The guy was essentially called out as a fraud trying to capitalize on the leaked images, and he never had inside information.

And as an added bonus, Motherfking leaker tried to claim credit for making the leaked Palutena pics even though Vaanrose knew the identity of the person that created the Palutena model (who wishes to remain anonymous at this time), and he knows this guy has little to no talent when it comes to character modding. The guy was also one of the guys who posted the leaked images after Neo Zero sent him copies of the leaked images before they became open knowledge, and let's just say, he's the leaker behind 4Chan 19 (with all the crude boxes crossed out) as well as Leaker 1 of the Leaked pictures who claimed the five DLC, only to retract the latter part, and send people on a wild goose chase to find out the remaining characters were Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Impa, and Mach Rider. In actuality, he essentially betrayed Neo Zero's trust in order to take the credit for himself.

I'm only saying this because Motherfking leaker is the only other source outside of Ninka's claiming the cut characters, and he's only doing this because Ninka's source mentioned the same names, and none of those characters were in the leaked renders. Though it should be noted that, if one were to apply the chronological order of how the characters are organized on the leaked CSS, then Lucas would most certainly be gone as well (Snake fits the bill, but that has to do with the All-Star mode icon having all the third parties shown). However, there is nothing about the leaked renders that suggests that Wolf and Ice Climbers are definitely gone--outside of Ninka's word (which he stated to not take too seriously as his source simply didn't see them on his test build of the game) and the latter always having been a starter beforehand.

Actually, if Dixie, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, and Chorus Men are all truly in, then the 3DS CSS simply wouldn't make much sense without the inclusion of Wolf or Ice Climbers (unless some of you are convinced that Ivysaur and Squirtle will both be returning instead, which very well might happen).
Nah, if anything, we've still got Wolf and Mewtwo, not Ivysaur, Squirtle., or Ice Climbers.

And this just proves my point that none of the "supposed" leaked "remaining" characters have any credibility to them, so its open game as to who is left. Granted, Ice Climbers are probably gone if they weren't in his build, I highly doubt they'd have been cut from the build. As for Wolf, he could've very well been. Wolf I think is the only other character with much chance of still being in. There's a slim possibility Ice Climbers are still in, but I wouldn't count on it.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Nah, if anything, we've still got Wolf and Mewtwo, not Ivysaur, Squirtle., or Ice Climbers.

And this just proves my point that none of the "supposed" leaked "remaining" characters have any credibility to them, so its open game as to who is left. Granted, Ice Climbers are probably gone if they weren't in his build, I highly doubt they'd have been cut from the build. As for Wolf, he could've very well been. Wolf I think is the only other character with much chance of still being in. There's a slim possibility Ice Climbers are still in, but I wouldn't count on it.
Correction. Ice Climbers can be added without changing up the final CSS too much. Also, if the Chorus Men are in (and it's not like gematsu is completely shot down yet), then so should the Ice Climbers (unless time constraints were their reason for removal rather than technical difficulties). It's not like they can't be unlocked this time anyways, and the leaked CSS still has the problem with making any sense without them. So far, the only mark against the Ice Climbers would be that it would bump the number of franchise reps to 27 which, if one were to remove FD and Battlefield from the equation, that would be the number of franchises the stages would rep after taking into account the missing stage, and it's not like every represented franchise in the past had a stage representing them in the past anyways.

Only the leaks following the leaked renders (save for a very borderline case for the Impa/Wolf leak) shouldn't be taken seriously. One of the guys who was a hand-me-down who got his hands on the recorded in-game footage of Shulk and Bowser Jr. was also given a list of names that he refused to make public since he had no substantial proof they were actually in the game.

However, there are a couple leaks revolving around Ninka's that were not completely aping off of his leak (since nobody knew or cared about it at the time), with even a couple predating Ninka's leak. The collective list includes the following newcomers (not counting those leaked by Ninka): Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, Impa, and Mach Rider. There was one other leak that mentioned some of these names as well as listed off Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, and King K. Rool from last December, but since he didn't mention Rosalina, it is possible that he was simply leaking fanservice.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I remember when I first played Melee and saw Bowser on the roster. I don't think I'll ever be so excited to see a character on a roster. Here's my most hyped newcomers:

64: :mario64::luigi64::pikachu64::yoshi64::dk64:

Melee: :bowsermelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::peachmelee::pichumelee::drmario:

Brawl::pt::olimar::ike::sonic::metaknight::rob::warioc:

Wii U/3DS::4villager::4robinm:/:4robinf::4greninja::4lucina::4pacman::rosalina:

I'd like to add that I'm very happy to see Bowser receiving so many changes. I can't stress enough how badly I want to use him. As a kid, I always whooped level 1 CPU's so I didn't think Bowser was all that bad in Melee. And then, I played against my friends haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom