• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If Toon Link can get back in, I think that every other character from Brawl should be relatively safe (except for you two :ivysaur::squirtle:)
(and maybe snake but let's not talk about that)
Funny...
I'm pretty certain that Those two are far more recognizable than majority of Brawl characters.

Perhaps EXCEPT Toon Link.

What standard are we using to decide which characters should be cut?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Funny...
I'm pretty certain that Those two are far more recognizable than majority of Brawl characters.

Perhaps EXCEPT Toon Link.

What standard are we using to decide which characters should be cut?
I believe the standard that was used for :squirtle: & :ivysaur: to be cut was the factor of just :4charizard:. I'm gonna go ahead & imply that it was for being a stand-alone fighter & that's it.

EDIT: Though to be frank, transformations removed cutting them off added onto the fact Charizard returns solo. It does not say anyhwere that PT, Ivysaur, & Squirtle are de-confirmed. Every other transform / changing-esque character got split into their own slots.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ivysaur and Squirtle just have a hard time standing on their own honestly. Sure, as video game characters they're more recognizable than many of the Smash characters, but same could be said for a lot of obscure Mario characters, just because Iggy Koopa is more recognized than Ike doesn't mean he should be included over him. I'd measure characters on how important they are to their own franchise, and while they are obtainable in the newest installment Ivysaur and Squirtle just don't carry the impact that Pikachu and Charizard does, nor do they have the marketability of Lucario and Greninja. Jigglypuff is the only outlier honestly, and in all fairness she really did just draw a lucky straw 15 years ago when she could be counted in the same category as Pikachu and Zard.

Believe me though, I'd take Ivysaur over every other Pokémon rep (except maybe Jigglypuff), Venusaur is my favorite Pokémon and I really like Ivy in Project M, but I'd lie if I said I couldn't see why he and Squirtle were likely the top cuts for this game.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
(Why do I notice there's 3 users in here but I only see mine alone. . .?)

I agree with that reasoning said above, & it goes to prove that even if you have a great move-set & original unique game-play, you still don't get announced to be playable fighters in the sequel, like Charizard did. . .
On a gaming debate in terms of game-play, Ivysaur & Squirtle can easily hold their own in a Smash Brothers battle. Those 3 forbidden mechanics of PT that won't be discussed getting removed would make all 3 of the pokemon solid fighters that could hold their own.
But alas, pokemon newcomers / cuts / veterans seems like a seasonal recruitment.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I, again, do not see the as likely myself. Yet, they have almost everything going for them, other than the 'too many pokemon' argument. That is legitimately the single argument which overpowers
  • character cuts being unwanted by Sakurai
  • completely unique movesets
  • iconic nature in series (gen one tends to trump all others) and in Nintendo
  • All other transformations returning
It is just funny. We all argue 'there are no such things as number of slots for a franchise,' or 'this character is extremely notable,' or, 'cuts are unjustified,' or 'characters are not slots/Trainer is three characters,'

Yet when it comes down to it, in such a case as it does for these two guys, all these arguments are thrown out the window, because it just seems weird to include them.

And this is all because of Greninja. That little ******. The guy who almost has to make me dislike me OWN most wanted character, or forsake the name of aesthetic at ALL among the roster. Yet I read the bemoans of a deconfirmed character who never would have fit anyway... as if that compares.

Hence, why Sceptile is so necessary to this change. Otherwise it is completely arbitrary. I could easily see Sceptile not getting in f we do indeed get these two back.

I really hate, HATE to change topic from this, yet.

IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING GUYS; SAKURAI IS FINALLY TALKING ABOUT BIG BADS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I, again, do not see the as likely myself. Yet, they have almost everything going for them, other than the 'too many pokemon' argument. That is legitimately the single argument which overpowers
  • character cuts being unwanted by Sakurai
  • completely unique movesets
  • iconic nature in series (gen one tends to trump all others) and in Nintendo
  • All other transformations returning
It is just funny. We all argue 'there are no such things as number of slots for a franchise,' or 'this character is extremely notable,' or ,'cuts are unjustified,' or 'characters are not slots/Trainer is three characters,'

Yet when it comes down to it, in such a case as it does for these two guys, all these arguments are thrown out the window, because it just seems weird to include them.

And this is all because of Greninja. That little ****er. The guy who almost has to make me dislike me OWN most wanted character, or forsake the name of aesthetic at ALL among the roster. Yet I read the bemoans of a deconfirmed character who never would have fit anyway... as if that compares.

Hence, why Sceptile is so necessary to this change. Otherwise it is completely arbitrary. I could easily see Sceptile not getting in f we do indeed get these two back.

I really hate, HATE to change topic from this, yet.

IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING GUYS; SAKURAI IS FINALLY TALKING ABOUT BIG BADS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like discussing stage bosses? That's going to be a rather unpleasant conversation. :troll:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Perhaps the Boss Battle feature may get scrapped, & replaced with alternate Boss Endings that vary on your Fiend's Scale with how much gold you put into it.

So for this, I definitely see some of the SSE / Boss Battle Bosses like Meta Ridley, Porky, & a new Pokemon Boss. Could also have to do with what character you choose to play Classic Mode. I brought this up to @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ in the Krystal thread earlier, but how about alternate character batttles when you put more gold in the series circles on the ground?

Example: You see the DK symbol on the ground, & your regular generic picked fighter to play against that series, would be Donkey Kong. Instead, you put more gold on a higher level of intensity to change your fighter to a newcomer or locked fighter you haven't unlocked yet, & when you defeat that fighter on the harder difficulty, you unlock them outright.

Disclaimer: It would no way be Very Easy, Easy, or Hard difficulty, if those category terms returned.
Or maybe there's even more difficulty settings like they used for the CPU's in Brawl:
  1. Puny-1
  2. Wimpy-2
  3. Weak-3 (the default level)
  4. Normal-4
  5. Hardy-5
  6. Strong-6
  7. Burly-7
  8. Mighty-8
  9. Nasty-9 = Newcomer based on series & how hard the alternate way to unlock the character is. Or the strongest possible Boss. (This sounds subjective)
EDIT:
I would like to bring back my conversation of the

RIVAL SYSTEM
http://smashboards.com/threads/rival-sytem.360932/
I laughed & smiled at this particular post you typed in the list you had:
Charizard & Ridley (dragonzord power)
:troll:Duke I like your ideas but lets get serious eh. There's no way the Green Ranger starred by Jason David Frank would be playable in Smash Brothers.

But yeah Rival ideas sound sweet.
If only Tails was confirmed then I'd say Luigi & Tails (Sidekick battle).
Legit Rival battles that need to happen:
:4lucario: VS :mewtwopm: / OR / Starter VS Starter = :4charizard: VS :4greninja: VS Sceptile
:4megaman: VS :rob:
:4sheik: VS :4greninja:
:4fox: VS :falco: VS :wolf: = Classic example

All of these Rival examples can be the 2nd to last battle you fight on the Classic Mode road ending with the Last Stretching straight-away.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
For the sake of saying it, here is my stance with each unconfirmed veteran's chances of returning.

Almost Assured

Ness: O12, a unique moveset (excluding his clone), and since we have Mr.Saturn and the Franklin Badge returning, there is basically no fear for him not returning.

Jigglypuff: O12, a unique moveset with the closest contender being Kirby, who is about as similar as Link to Marth, and can represent fairy-type Pokemon. Next to Sylveon, I'd argue she was the largest face for the type in the community.

Mr. Game & Watch: By far the simplest to design/animate fighter. His attacks have 5 or less frames. Everything about him is unique. No reason to be cut and got that soft confirmation with PacMan's trailer.

Ganondorf: Sakurai's main. The largest, most prominent, and most crucial villain for Zelda as a franchise. Falcondorf (which I hope stays) or not, he is too important for the established series and to Sakurai to dare be cut.

Wario: Nobody can properly dispute that this 400 pound Greed King and his quadruple chin isn't unique or iconic in Smash. With his symbol shown for 2 assist trophies and the E-Shop soft confirmation, it is a matter of when, not if.

Fairly certain

Ice Climbers: Call it Sakurai Bias, but as he chose this pair as the NES emissaries for Melee and how they were cited to be worked on (with some problems) over half a year ago, I feel like they would have been fixed by now. A unique entity as a fighter with their Polar Bear seen, good enough evidence. I still believe all Smash Run enemies are from a series with a playable fighter. All SSE characters technically share the Mii fighters logo.

That's Not Falco: A top-tier clone the fans love who has become a lot more of a semi-clone. I stand that IF Star Fox goes down to 2 reps for some reason, he is staying.

R.O.B.: A unique retro/hardware character whose only reason for being cut, by most people's logic, is because he was unpopular. However, most of that rage was because of people blaming the robo for "taking another character's slot" which isn't true.

Risk Veterans

Lucas: With Mother being dead, and how similar he was to Ness, some fear that Lucas may just be moved into Ness's custom specials. I don't think this will be the case, but Lucas is one of two characters I see returning with a feasible chance of being cut.

Wolf: I am prepared for the hate that will come for saying this, but Wolf arrived on the scene as Star Fox was in its downward dove of popularity and sales of recent games that would only continue (to put into perspective, Fire Emblem: Awakening BARELY sold less than SF643D and Command put together, and the vast majority of Star Fox fans are in North America) as a quasi-clone of almost Luigi tier. The problem is, his differentiation lead to him being less viable and loved than his rivals. I don't believe Wolf will be cut due to being the quasi-clone he is and Sakurai wanting him in Melee, but ii wouldn't exactly be surprised.

Unique Cuts

Mewtwo: Dead. An impressive character but an abysmal fighter. He would require the work of a newcomer to return and even as a Pokémon fan I don't want him back when Lucario functions as a spiritual successor that plays well.

Squirtle: My favorite starter in Kanto, but with Charizard solo and Greninja as a speedy water starter, I don't think he has a place anymore.

Ivysaur: Same relative boat as Squirtle, but lacking someone to take his place as a surprisingly heavy grass starter unless Sceptile takes his place. And I feel Ivy had the most iffy moveset of the trio.

Snake: With 3 third party characters here, Sonic revealed so early, and NO sign of Snake when these other 3 have been so played up, I don't see him returning. Personally I have a bit of joy because I never connected to him and had some annoying campers with his arsenal that leave me with no fond memories.

Never Coming Back

Dr. Mario: The first thing that came to mind for Smash players when alternate costumes were announced. The poster child of the idea. No major differences to warrant the thought of being playable.

Young Link: Toon Link does all that YL tried to. All that is missing is that 7 second taunt.

Roy: Arguably the worst Lord in Fire Emblem history, his fire gimmick now belongs to Ike, and Lucina as a Marth clone with a better trade off for Marth's tipper and exchanged power for speed and air control. He has little value to his home series and less in Smash now.

Pichu: The fact that it is cute is the one and only redeeming factor. I loved using her, but she was objectively the worst character and served no real purpose.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You can't assume Mewtwo is cut because his moveset was bad in Melee. With some work on his moves' hitboxes alone, Mewtwo's moveset is already fine. Now increase mobility and make him heavier, and we have a great fighter. Mewtwo's combo game in Melee is quite sexy actually. Give him all these changes, and give him reliable kill moves for Smash attacks and am quite sure we have a character that's above average in competitive viability. Want proof? Check Project M Mewtwo, who's (IIRC) top tier or at least close to top tier.

Niala

Smash Ace
I would make an argument over how awesome Toon Link is, but it's 1:00 AM, and I'm about to go to bed soon. Ya got lucky!
*sweats nervously* good now I don't have to--

That's alright, I'll do it for you.

I've been getting real tired of the hate Toon Link has been receiving on this forum, especially these last few days following Ghirahim's disconfirmation. Why do people complain so much about Toon Link's presence on the roster? Has the character not earned the right to be playable in Smash? Consider this. Toon Links art style takes up about a third of the Zelda franchise. In a series with an ever changing visual take in almost every installment, it's pretty impressive that Nintendo seems to stick with this one the most. Wind Waker was a revolutionary title that not only was a fantastic video game, but it taught gamers an important lesson. A lesson that when people bring up, they'll more than likely refer to Wind Waker as the basis for the argument. The fact that this game has been remade for the Wii U alone makes Toon Link worthy of representing more of the Zelda franchise in Smash, not to mention the five other games that share the same art style. Toon Link is here to not only represent a huge chunk of Zelda, but also a very important game in Nintendo's history.

If Toon Link hypothetically taking the spot of another Zelda representative is your problem against the character, then there needs to be a better understanding of how they pick characters from Zelda to represent it. You know who Toon Link is taking a slot away from? Absolutely nobody. Skull Kid, Midna, Tingle, and Ghirahim. Toon Link isn't taking any of their slots. Those characters were likely never even considered to be playable in Smash. You know why? In a franchise with more than a dozen entries, they aren't present enough in the franchise as a whole for the developer's to deem any of them worthy of representing a series as big as Zelda. If they were, then they would have slots right along side Toon Link's. I realize that this may not be what you want to hear, but the same thing happens to many franchises in Smash. It's why we don't have Prince Fluff, Kiddy Kong, and a random Space Pirate on the roster. The fact of the matter is Toon Link has earned and completely deserves his slot as a playable character in Smash. He stars in many entries in the franchise, and above that he represents the child incarnation of Link; the incarnation that most Zelda games use. He represents one of the most beloved games in history, and for that he is very recognizable. I know that my argument won't nullify all the hate that Toon Link gets, but you guys should at least understand why he's playable while others from his franchise aren't. You should especially know that he isn't taking the rights of any character to become playable. That much is certain.
Well ****.

Look, while everything you say is logical and mostly correct, it doesn't address the problems I take.

1. Toon Link=Link drawn as a cartoon. We don't need two Links. Period. I don't recall playing Wind Waker and the characters of the game referring to him as "Toon Link" the whole way through. Even in his own series, he's still just "Link." I don't think he deserves to be differentiated in Smash just because the art is different. He is the ONLY character who is given such special treatment, and he doesn't deserve it.
2. Okay. Yes. Toon Link being included doesn't stand in the way of other characters. They wouldn't have been included anyway. However, as far as I see it, LoZ has a plethora of significantly more interesting characters who are equally as important to the history of the franchise, even if they're in smaller ways. I don't particularly care if the developers don't think those characters are worthwhile, or that he's not taking their position. I'm still infinitely more interested in seeing some real characters from the franchise come to life in Smash, and I'm glad to hold it against Toon Link as a character rather than the developers for their misguided opinions. Seems less spiteful that way.
3. Let's assume I like Toon Link for a sec. and move from there. Toon Link is a character, I'm so excited to play as him as a separate entity from Link. Things like his Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, and Skull Hammer could really bring him to lif--

Get my point?

If you're going to include a second-rate copy of another character, at least put some Christing effort into it. He has such a lazy concept design, which is terrible because he admittedly does have the potential to be different and interesting on his own. Maybe I wouldn't hate him so much if he wasn't such a careless, boring design.

You're free to rebut as you see fit, but you've seen what I have to say on the subject and I'm not going to be easily (or ever) persuaded to change my opinion about this "character."

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Burruni Burruni Your stance for the most part is the majority opinion on this, so I can't disagree that much let alone at all. But I have some differences & would like to give my reply in regards to a list of my own stance on it:

Practically Guaranteed:
  1. Wario - Same reasons as yours, he's a soft-confirmed character who's just waiting. His series symbol is in the game so it's just waiting.
  2. Lucas / Ness - Barely tied for #2 getting the favor over #3 due to having Mr. Saturn, & the very likely chances ONE of them will return. Their past cannot be ignored as it was grim like their games. Melee's history of removing one for the other put both of them in poor positions despite both included in Brawl's roster. The fate of Mother rests in one of their hands getting the cut, & not making the cut.
  3. Mr. Game and Watch - Same reasons as yours, he's a soft-confrim via trailer but without any other providing evidence to his inclusion. Probably another wait & see scenario
Certain of making it with a bit of doubt:
  1. Ganondorf - Same reasons
  2. Falco - Same reasons except for the IF scenario of 2 Star Fox slots, Falco should be the one to stay. I doubt & wishfully hope it doesn't come to that even when I complain at times about F-Zero not getting a 2nd but want Wolf & Krystal to be in Sm4sh for the Star Fox series. Basically he's a certain opinion to stay.
  3. Jigglypuff - Unfortunately, & fortunately, she is likely to return while being a quasi-clone to Kirby in that regards of Kirby being Sakurai's baby, making Jiggs appear to look solid as a shoo-in. Despite her huge irrelevancy to the games, she has an iconic spot in Smash Brothers & that's what mostly matters. With the Fairy type it's something to note of when thinking about her certain inclusion level being fairly high not taking into account of her O12 status. *SIGH* at people who pounce or bring up the relevancy of Fairy type for Jiggly yet disregard or bash the Type Trio Trifecta for the Grass Type that is Sceptile / Ivysaur.
  4. R.O.B - Being a retro character that played a huge part to Nintendo's history, he's very obscure yet he's classic & deserves to stay. His inclusion in the Brawl roster did come off for the same things you stated, yet he did not & should not be a thought to one's mind that he replaced anyone's slot. He's old & I'd like to see his inclusion along side IC's Pit, Little Mac, G&W, & Pac-Mac.
  5. Mewtwo & Wolf - Barely being $5 tied together & not both in the Risk Zone, they both have their separate reasons why they're down here & not higher. Mewtwo & Wolf were apparently planned to be in the Original Smash Bros. 64, but were cut. Wolf was to be included to Melee but would of been too much clone that'd he be full-blown clone appearance-wise & game-play style. Mewtwo being officially in the Melee roster but not returning to Brawl for said reasons, he needs changes as if he were treated like a newcomer being brand new for Sm4sh & 5. Wolf being in Brawl's roster making it in, similar to your reasons of him being quasi-clone material which is understandable.
Risk Zone / Likely to be Cut
  1. Lucas / Ness - Swap-a-dop-Switch-a-roo with either or Mother character. Their history explains itself for Melee despite the inclusion of both in Brawl's roster. I wouldn't mind 2 or even 3 Mother characters, but with the lack of game apperance comparable to Falcon however regarding the cameo apperance Falcon got in Nintendo Land 2012, both their game appearances are lacking & only were last seen in Brawl 2008. The fate of one to stay & one to go is still my opinion on the matter.
  2. Ivysaur - The reason mostly why she's in the Risk Zone is obvious to most, yet puzzling to me. The same reason you said I agree, yet Ivysaur's move-set regarding game-play-wise, she was the most unique of the 3, with a rare type of Grass element no other character had besides her. Being compared to Olimar as a poor-mans version, It felt no surprise to me that Olimar got changes & tweaks along with the Tether buffs & changes to the Ledge-game, that I thought would bode well for Ivysaur to get the same similar expectations I saw Olimar obtain. But so far nothing, without a Grass type to fill in the pokemon slot that's promoted well through other grass-esque attacks, it makes sense for her to return if Sceptile is not to make a debut as newcomer.
  3. Snake - The past interview discussion between Iwata & Sakurai left a good impression on me about what they of Snake in Brawl & why it felt good to see him play again in the next Smash Brothers. They both agree that his mvoe-set & game-play were somehow fitting & integrated well in Smash, curious that I would like to see it again & felt he has a slim chance of returning. Yet no news & practically looks grim for Snake to even be apart of the game at all.
  4. Squirtle - Same reasons as yours. Greninja being Water & replacing the light, fast, & flashy Water style of a character Squirtle was in Brawl, he's put to the lowest on the list, being in huge risk likely to be cut the most out of all the other characters in this category.
Others to me are cut unless put in via alternate costume & that's about it. Thanks for Posting.

@ Niala Niala On the topic of :4tlink:, I feel his inclusion in Brawl to 'replace' Young Link was justified, yet at the same time seeing the grapple hook chain to sides of the stage removed, I felt very empty for the tethers in Melee luckily getting some justice in Brawl for refreshing Invincible frames. :4tlink: overall to me, feels he's a variation of Link but different enough to stay. I question myself secretly why isn't Paper Mario in Smash Brothers, if Toon Link is in already? But it's all subjective on a very low elvel to me & I feel very decent about it all if I were to be blunt. Basically I've wondered for a while since Brawl's release, why Mario doesn't have a variant of himself to replace Dr. Mario, if since Young Link being the variation of Link got replaced essentially with another variation of Link being Toon Link?
Sry but ty for this long post.

Last edited:

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
Mewtwo: Dead. An impressive character but an abysmal fighter. He would require the work of a newcomer to return and even as a Pokémon fan I don't want him back when Lucario functions as a spiritual successor that plays well.
I'm actually really glad i'm not the only one who doesn't want mewtwo back, I find it hard to voice my opinion on such a touchy subject when it's guaranteed to get backlash. But I agree with everything you said

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ganondorf's moveset is the same. That is the most disappointing thing about this.
Actually, it appears to be the same, but his moves seem to be altered to not be direct clones.

So, basically, he punches people, but he does so slightly differently.

Staarih

Smash Master
A bit bummed to see Dark Pit potentially become reality, but I'm totally sold on Bowser Jr. now and can't wait for DHD!

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
*snickers over all the people who weren't happy with the roster that argued how "fake" it is*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I didn't think they could make Bowser Jr. in a Clown Car work, but they did.
Now I am excited, he looks like fun.

Though I hope that Impa, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, etc. are in, too.
Just not over them veterans.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I still think the actual character select was BS, but the characters themselves are fine.
What did this guy say the secret characters were?
The guy never said anything about unlockable characters.
Although some leaks implied that characters like Ridley, Dixie Kong, Impa, Mach Rider and maybe Mewtwo will be.
Although I'm a bit confused about that whole thing though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Bowser Jr. looks great, although I am disappointed with Shulk... they made Air Slash look just like Marth's recovery and gave him counter.

It's super lazy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The guy never said anything about unlockable characters.
Although some leaks implied that characters like Ridley, Dixie Kong, Impa, Mach Rider and maybe Mewtwo will be.
Although I'm a bit confused about that whole thing though.
Well, this leak thus far falls perfectly in line with that other one, does it not?
That couldn't be a coincidence, I think.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
*sweats nervously* good now I don't have to--

Well ****.

Look, while everything you say is logical and mostly correct, it doesn't address the problems I take.

1. Toon Link=Link drawn as a cartoon. We don't need two Links. Period. I don't recall playing Wind Waker and the characters of the game referring to him as "Toon Link" the whole way through. Even in his own series, he's still just "Link." I don't think he deserves to be differentiated in Smash just because the art is different. He is the ONLY character who is given such special treatment, and he doesn't deserve it.
2. Okay. Yes. Toon Link being included doesn't stand in the way of other characters. They wouldn't have been included anyway. However, as far as I see it, LoZ has a plethora of significantly more interesting characters who are equally as important to the history of the franchise, even if they're in smaller ways. I don't particularly care if the developers don't think those characters are worthwhile, or that he's not taking their position. I'm still infinitely more interested in seeing some real characters from the franchise come to life in Smash, and I'm glad to hold it against Toon Link as a character rather than the developers for their misguided opinions. Seems less spiteful that way.
3. Let's assume I like Toon Link for a sec. and move from there. Toon Link is a character, I'm so excited to play as him as a separate entity from Link. Things like his Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, and Skull Hammer could really bring him to lif--

Get my point?

If you're going to include a second-rate copy of another character, at least put some Christing effort into it. He has such a lazy concept design, which is terrible because he admittedly does have the potential to be different and interesting on his own. Maybe I wouldn't hate him so much if he wasn't such a careless, boring design.

You're free to rebut as you see fit, but you've seen what I have to say on the subject and I'm not going to be easily (or ever) persuaded to change my opinion about this "character."
Look, I'm not in any way trying to change your opinion of any character in Smash. There are characters whose move sets I don't care for either. What I'm sick of is people bashing other characters because they don't like them. I have never, and will never, detract and insult a character because I don't see them fit to be playable. I love Smash, and I personally believe that every character in the game has earned their slot, whether I care for their move set or not. What bothers me is that everybody on this forum are supposed to be the biggest Smash fans, but some of us don't act like it. We're all here to love, talk, and speculate about this game that we all find very enjoyable. I come here to do just that. What I absolutely hate is seeing other people bashing characters that are playable, and most certainly fan favorites to some people. That's just wrong to me, and I see it done quite a bit. If you want to talk about a character you don't like, you should respectfully do it in the Unpopular Opinions Thread or a related thread. This is the thread where we're supposed to talk about possible character inclusions, not vent our hate towards already confirmed characters. Whether you like it or not, your opinions on Toon Link aren't going to change anything that's already been done. So why not respect the decisions made by the developers; at the same time not ruining my experience, or the experience of other Toon Link fans, visiting this website to talk about one of our favorite games in the world? That's all I ask.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Well, this leak thus far falls perfectly in line with that other one, does it not?
I think it was the Ninka that lists those characters, and there was another one that Neo said he thought was the list and it was the ones Wiz said. Nothing confirmed from the real leak though

EDIT: @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D He also has Roy's down B, he's looking a like a semi clone, his ftilt looks like Marth's shield breaker (the poke)

Last edited:

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
One of the leakers did say there were DLC characters in the forms of Ice Climbers, Lucas, Snake, Chorus Kids and Wolf. If that's what you were looking for

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think it was the Ninka that lists those characters, and there was another one that Neo said he thought was the list and it was the ones Wiz said. Nothing confirmed from the real leak though

EDIT: @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D He also has Roy's down B, he's looking a like a semi clone, his ftilt looks like Marth's shield breaker (the poke)
I don't think he is a semi-clone, but it looks like he "borrows" a few moves and animations from Roy, Ike, AND Marth. Which he didn't have to do.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I don't think he is a semi-clone, but it looks like he "borrows" a few moves and animations from Roy, Ike, AND Marth. Which he didn't have to do.
Yea I was kiddin mostly, I'll have to see him in a higher def picture with some more moves, but he does have a lot of borrowed assests. But I don't care at all about shulk, and he'll probably be my least played character, so I could care less.

Bj looks a lot smaller than I thought, so much for me thinking it wouldnt work for being too big. (Now who else is too big, but may work, I kid I kid, ridley is lame)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh ****...

This is, not so good. BUT, it's not completely terrible either.

Most of all upset about no Mewtwo and King K.Rool but Impa and Dixie are still possibilities am I right? With so many Mario characters in I have a real hard time believing Dixie and Impa WON'T be in this.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That confirms it. Sakurai went full Mario. Interesting! Two whole newcomers plus a potential clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom